Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Good Nigerian Restaurant In New York, New Jersey Or Philadelphia. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Good Nigerian Restaurant In New York, New Jersey Or Philadelphia. (14113 Views)

See The Prize Of Chin Chin In A Restaurant In Lekki (photo) / Hilarious Restaurant Name! / Pictures Of The Best Nigerian Restaurant In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Nigerian Restaurant In New York, New Jersey Or Philadelphia. by onyxhawk(m): 10:32pm On Sep 10, 2006
- Anyone know any good restaurants or just somewhere to buy some good naija food - in the area around New York, New Jersey or Philadelphia?

I have recently developed a craving for well made naija food and I don't want to cook myself. Yes, I know it would be cheaper to cook it myself assuming I can do a good job, but I still don't want to cook.

I found one place, it is a little bit of a drive for me, called 'African Kitchen' in Central Jersey.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
PS. I hear there is one in Staten Island and/or Orange, New Jersey.

D.
Re: Good Nigerian Restaurant In New York, New Jersey Or Philadelphia. by ladex142(m): 6:26pm On Sep 24, 2006
Thers are lots of African Markets around, look hard enough and you'll find one or ask any nigerians you know that's living in New York.
Re: Good Nigerian Restaurant In New York, New Jersey Or Philadelphia. by ikamefa(f): 6:56pm On Sep 24, 2006
the only popular one i know is called[b] combination [/b] on Utica avenue Brooklyn
Re: Good Nigerian Restaurant In New York, New Jersey Or Philadelphia. by ladex142(m): 4:07am On Sep 25, 2006
I think i know the place, because one of my friends live in Utica. Anyways, did you get what you was looking for ?
Re: Good Nigerian Restaurant In New York, New Jersey Or Philadelphia. by ikamefa(f): 4:39am On Sep 25, 2006
ladex142:

I think i know the place, because one of my friends live in Utica. Anyways, did you get what you was looking for ?

shocked abeg wetin i dey find ? shocked
Re: Good Nigerian Restaurant In New York, New Jersey Or Philadelphia. by ladex142(m): 8:53am On Sep 25, 2006
ikamefa:

shocked abeg wetin i dey find ?  shocked
Oh sorry, i thought you were the one that put up this thread grin.
Re: Good Nigerian Restaurant In New York, New Jersey Or Philadelphia. by Cathian: 11:54pm On Sep 30, 2006
My boyfriend goes to either: Odudua Lounge & Restaurant - 513 Central Avenue in Newark or Odabro African Restaurant on 132 South Essex Avenue in East Orange, NJ. They both have take-out, or you can eat there, on weekends they have either a band or music, with dancing. My preference is Odabro but he likes either of those spots, and he knows the food better than I. There is also a place in Bloomfield, NJ and I will try to find out the name but is on Bloomfield Avenue.

Hope this helps you. Where is the restaurant you found in central NJ? That is where I live and we are searching for a place here so, we don't have to drive up north all the time.
Re: Good Nigerian Restaurant In New York, New Jersey Or Philadelphia. by Wandungu(m): 10:28am On Nov 23, 2006
Don't know about the east side, but in the the West, LA to be precise we have Nkechi's on Crenshaw Blvd and another one I can't remember the name on Market street all in Los Angeles, CA.
Re: Good Nigerian Restaurant In New York, New Jersey Or Philadelphia. by AmakaOne(f): 2:23pm On Nov 11, 2008
New Jersey
Odudua Lounge and Restaurant
513 Central Avenue
Newark, New Jersey 07107

Odabro African Restaurant and Lounge
132 S Essex Avenue
Orange, New Jersey 07056

New York

Aso-Rock Lounge and Restaurant
I38-24 Farmers Blvd
Springfield, Queens, NY 11434

Mirage African Restaurant

2143 Cortelyou Rd (between Flatbush Ave and E 22nd St)
Flatbush, Brooklyn
Re: Good Nigerian Restaurant In New York, New Jersey Or Philadelphia. by jimm1909: 12:44am On Mar 22, 2009

- Anyone know any good restaurants or just somewhere to buy some good naija food - in the area around New York City, New Jersey or Philadelphia?

I have recently developed a craving for well made naija food and I don't want to cook myself. Yes, I know it would be cheaper to cook it myself assuming I can do a good job, but I still don't want to cook.

I found one place,  it is a little bit of a drive for me,  called 'African Kitchen' in Central Jersey.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
PS. I hear there is one in Staten Island and/or Orange, New Jersey.

D.

There are a ton of good nigerian restaurants in new york.  I forget the name of the one I am thinking of but it is on the corner of 36th and Wall right near the USBank building.  Also, I'd try some of the New York Hotels that are nearby, or call your concierge and ask him where some good places are.
Re: Good Nigerian Restaurant In New York, New Jersey Or Philadelphia. by lite5(m): 2:54pm On Sep 05, 2009
There are many african restaurant in New york, try combination on Utica btw Rutland & Winthrop avenue or Mirage on cortelyou road
if you want peppersoup go to Baba Gov I live in New york
Re: Good Nigerian Restaurant In New York, New Jersey Or Philadelphia. by lite5(m): 4:58pm On Sep 05, 2009
Wandungu, please send the phone# of the restaurant on crenshaw blvd and the one in market street
Re: Good Nigerian Restaurant In New York, New Jersey Or Philadelphia. by femicake: 2:58am On Jan 08, 2011
The tastiest food is at Mirage restaurant. Try their designer rice. I have eaten in many of the nigerian restaurant, but none is as tasty as this place. Also try their suya, it's matchless. I went there with my friends and we were not disappointed. you 'll definitely remember the authentic taste of real home cooking. It's really a place to savor the best of fresh fish, pounded yam and egusi soup. Definitely a place I visit when I long for home meals.
Re: Good Nigerian Restaurant In New York, New Jersey Or Philadelphia. by toksboo: 6:26am On Feb 25, 2011
mirage restaurant on cortelyou on flatbush and east 22nd. the best and i repeat the best nigerian restaurant i hae eer been too. i'e gone to all the ones that hae been mentioned and i wasnt satisfied until one of my friends told me about mirage. i gave it a try and now i can't stop going there. the first time i went there, i saw an asaina family of 7 and they were so satisfied. i can proudly say i'e been to a good nigerian restaurant. oh yea, the fresh tilapia is to die for.
Re: Good Nigerian Restaurant In New York, New Jersey Or Philadelphia. by obowunmi(m): 9:53am On Feb 25, 2011
Try BUKA in clinton hill but service there can sometimes be very, very sloow.
Re: Good Nigerian Restaurant In New York, New Jersey Or Philadelphia. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 26, 2011
i will tell u this, London has the best naija restaurants anywhere outside nigeria,
Re: Good Nigerian Restaurant In New York, New Jersey Or Philadelphia. by jamaicangi(f): 3:57am On Oct 13, 2012
Will someone update this thread please? I would like to take my mother to a good Nigerian restaurant in New York City. Thanks smiley
Re: Good Nigerian Restaurant In New York, New Jersey Or Philadelphia. by joelpat(m): 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2012
BROOKLYN: Buka http://bukanewyork.com
Re: Good Nigerian Restaurant In New York, New Jersey Or Philadelphia. by Nobody: 4:21am On Oct 25, 2012
joelpat: BROOKLYN: Buka http://bukanewyork.com

great food at this joint. Nice atmosphere too
Re: Good Nigerian Restaurant In New York, New Jersey Or Philadelphia. by Neenee0708: 2:53pm On Aug 27, 2013
B&B Restaurant
524 William St. East Orange, NJ 07017
(973) 676-8320

(1) (Reply)

How To Eat Meat In Public? / Wara (soft Cheese) / Foods You Don’t Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.