Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Fear Of Having A House Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Fear Of Having A House Help (3528 Views)

Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police / When Your House-help Is Straight From The Village (hilarious Photo) / This Is What My House Help Did To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fear Of Having A House Help by vkoni: 7:46pm On Jan 24, 2015
hello all.
i am a career woman doing night duty most of the time,i presently do not have an househelp/nanny for fear of wat might be going on wen im not around.Going for night duty leaving my kids, with my hubby and housemaid brings so much tots to my mind.wat do i do?Not even this era of hubby and househelp digging it while u er not there.Really so afraid
Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by thorpido(m): 7:51pm On Jan 24, 2015
How about your husband digging it with the neighbour when you are not there?

The phobia for househelps is unnecessary.

First you need to know the kind of man you married.You can also get a teenage househelp and not one that is full blown.
You should also treat househelps like your own daughter or sister and not like a slave.Showing someone love will make it hard for them to want to hurt you.

Lastly pray.You can ask God to bring the right people into your life.Bring helpers and indeed a good househelp.Also you can fix CCTV in your house to monitor activities.

5 Likes

Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by elantraceey(f): 7:57pm On Jan 24, 2015
Implant cctv cameras in your house , makes it easy for you to monitor what happens whenever you're not around.

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by Daresh(f): 7:59pm On Jan 24, 2015
vkoni:
hello all.
i am a career woman doing night duty most of the time,i presently do not have an househelp/nanny for fear of wat might be going on wen im not around.Going for night duty leaving my kids, with my hubby and housemaid brings so much tots to my mind.wat do i do?Not even this era of hubby and househelp digging it while u er not there.Really so afraid

You don't need a live in since you are there during the day. Just an older lady who comes to clean and go. No tempt the devil grin

2 Likes

Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by Provie(m): 8:00pm On Jan 24, 2015
vkoni:
hello all.

Get someone closely related to your husband. Even at that, find sufficient time for ur hubby. Taking of being on nite duty "most of the time", I'm afraid you may hav to change your job. In any case, discuss it extensively within him, feel his pulse and also giv him an opportunity to appreciate how much you care.
Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by jamex93(m): 8:06pm On Jan 24, 2015
there are 2 things involved either you change your job, or bring in a sexy house help so dat ur husband can b digging it wen u are at work.... chose one..

good luck
Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 24, 2015
elantraceey:
Implant cctv cameras in your house , makes it easy for you to monitor what happens whenever you're not around.

And the house will be on 24 hour power supply?

More so, do you have any idea how much it takes to install CCTV cameras?

Installing four good cameras in the house will cost nothing less than a hundred and twenty thousand naira.

Anyway, OP, if this is your decision, contact me whenever you want to have your CCTV installed as it's what I do for a living. cheesy You can check my threads to see my previously done jobs.

As for steady power supply, an inverter might help.

PS: You can simply tell your husband you want CCTV installed so as to monitor the maid against maltreating your kids.
Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 24, 2015
There have been so many stories on this issue for anyone to be afraid. I will advise you don't consider any since your mind is already against it. Even if nothing happens between them, your mind may not give you peace when you are at work. Just allow the thought of housemaid die and do your things your own way. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by delishpot: 9:38pm On Jan 24, 2015
Provie:

Get someone closely related to your husband. Even at that, find sufficient time for ur hubby. Taking of being on nite duty "most of the time", I'm afraid you may hav to change your job. In any case, discuss it extensively within him, feel his pulse and also giv him an opportunity to appreciate how much you care.

Maybe she is a nurse? she did not say "most of the time" She just said she goes for night duty.

OP, if your hubby is not the skirt chasing type, get a young girl to help you around the house.
Like one poster said before, a girl that you will be a big sister to. Not a slave. Pkele. May God bless your hussle and your family.

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 24, 2015
elantraceey:
what kinda advice is dis? Ur asking her to defy her husband's privacy and supremacy as head of the family and snoop around without his consent. bad
Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 24, 2015
Engrtemmy:

And the house will be on 24 hour power supply?

More so, do you have any idea how much it takes to install CCTV cameras?

Installing four good cameras in the house will cost nothing less than a hundred and twenty thousand naira.

Anyway, OP, if this is your decision, contact me whenever you want to have your CCTV installed as it's what I do for a living. cheesy You can check my threads to see my previously done jobs.

As for steady power supply, an inverter might help.

PS: You can simply tell your husband you want CCTV installed so as to monitor the maid against maltreating your kids.
my brother, cctv or not, a man will still do what he wanna. abi na evey nuke and cranny cctv wan cover. if I off my lights for midnight make cctv come see me na
Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by Provie(m): 10:24pm On Jan 24, 2015
delishpot:

Maybe she is a nurse? she did not say "most of the time" She just said she goes for night duty.

Hello Friend, could you help me read out the first to second line of the Original Post Maybe my eyes are deceiving me.
Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 24, 2015
lofty900:
my brother, cctv or not, a man will still do what he wanna. abi na evey nuke and cranny cctv wan cover. if I off my lights for midnight make cctv come see me na

Ignorance is bliss.

Infrared CCTV cameras can capture visions even in total darkness.

If you like, switch off the light of the whole street. As long as the camera is powered, it will capture visions.

And yes, cctv cameras can capture every nook and cranny of the house.

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by delishpot: 10:55pm On Jan 24, 2015
Provie:

Hello Friend, could you help me read out the first to second line of the Original Post Maybe my eyes are deceiving me.

My bad. I am sorry. Nor vex. Your eyes were not decieving you. Mine were embarassed

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by elantraceey(f): 11:11pm On Jan 24, 2015
lofty900:
what kinda advice is dis? Ur asking her to defy her husband's privacy and supremacy as head of the family and snoop around without his consent. bad

Will she do that without her husband's consent before? undecided
Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by Kimoni: 11:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
vkoni:
hello all.

Waoh! This is truly a cause for concern o

How old are your kids? You are better off getting a live-in nanny - someone who reports in the morning and leaves at night.
Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by Provie(m): 6:33am On Jan 25, 2015
delishpot:

My bad. I am sorry. Nor vex. Your eyes were not decieving you. Mine were embarassed

No hard feelings. Gud monin & have a great day.
Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by Islie: 7:04am On Jan 25, 2015
OP,

since you have stated your fears......

then I expect you to stay off house help then

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 25, 2015
Engrtemmy:

Ignorance is bliss.

Infrared CCTV cameras can capture visions even in total darkness.

If you like, switch off the light of the whole street. As long as the camera is powered, it will capture visions.

And yes, cctv cameras can capture every nook and cranny of the house.
did u mention infrared camera in ur previous post? since u think u r smarter than everyone else, u should have talked about a better technology than cctv. ever heard about snoop devices? ignorance is bliss
Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 25, 2015
lofty900:
did u mention infrared camera in ur previous post? since u think u r smarter than everyone else, u should have talked about a better technology than cctv. ever heard about snoop devices? ignorance is bliss

So, I have to mention infrared cameras? grin

Good you've learnt one or two things from the thread:

1. You didn't know CCTV cameras can capture in the dark.

2. You also didn't know CCTV cameras can capture every nook and cranny of the house.

That's enough for now. Now, saunter along.

Ooh wait. Snoop Devices? Can you mention one example of a snoop device and how it works? grin grin

This exactly is my problem with nairaland. You find kids who open their mouth to say things they know absolutely nothing about.

3 Likes

Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 25, 2015
Engrtemmy:

So, I have to mention infrared cameras? grin

Good you've learnt one or two things from the thread:

1. You didn't know CCTV cameras can capture in the dark.

2. You also didn't know CCTV cameras can capture every nook and cranny of the house.

That's enough for now. Now, saunter along.

Ooh wait. Snoop Devices? Can you mention one example of a snoop device and how it works? grin grin

This exactly is my problem with nairaland. You find kids who open their mouth to say things they know absolutely nothing about.

I know cctv can capture every part of an apartment depending on the no of cameras. i also knw dat cctv can capture silhouettes of people in dark areas. snoop devices are more innovative, they use memory cards and very. powerful lenses for recording. have you seen d movie 'the wolf of wall street '? DiCaprio placed a Teddy bear on the bedside table but unknown to his wife,d Teddy's eyes were made of cameras . the Teddy is a snoop device, or whatever they choose to call it. go and upgrade ur self. be innovative in ur profession not old school
Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by SAMBARRY: 12:21pm On Jan 25, 2015
thorpido:
How about your husband digging it with the neighbour when you are not there?

The phobia for househelps is unnecessary.

First you need to know the kind of man you married.You can also get a teenage househelp and not one that is full blown.
YOU SHOULD ALSO TREAT YOUR HOUSE HELPS LIKE YOUR DAUGHTER OR SISTER.SHOWING SOMEONE LOVE WILL MAKE IT HARD FOR THEM TO WANT TO HURT YOU

Lastly pray.You can ask God to bring the right people into your life.Bring helpers and indeed a good househelp.Also you can fix CCTV in your house to monitor activities.
@ The capitalized story for the gods. Your treating them right doesn't determine or limit what they can do or what they will do so the best thing to do is to create an air of fear when they are with you so that if they are entertaining anything stooped the fear of what they know you can do to their bodies will not let them dare it. E.g plugging hot pressing iron on their body till the mark shows . rubbish!
Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by pickabeau1: 1:50pm On Jan 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
@ The capitalized story for the gods. Your treating them right doesn't determine or limit what they can do or what they will do so the best thing to do is to create an air of fear when they are with you so that if they are entertaining anything stooped the fear of what they know you can do to their bodies will not let them dare it. E.g plugging hot pressing iron on their body till the mark shows . rubbish!

Are you saying the threat of violence against maids is good?
Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by thorpido(m): 2:03pm On Jan 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
You are right in saying that treating them right does not mean they will do right but it's the same with children.There are children who turn out bad despite the fact that their parents make all efforts to lead them right.

Experience has shown that high handedness and violence has seldom produced the desired result.
Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by SAMBARRY: 7:38pm On Jan 25, 2015
pickabeau1:

Are you saying the threat of violence against maids is good?
yes to scare them from perpetrating evil
Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by SAMBARRY: 7:40pm On Jan 25, 2015
thorpido:
You are right in saying that treating them right does not mean they will do right but it's the same with children.There are children who turn out bad despite the fact that their parents make all efforts to lead them right.

Experience has shown that high handedness and violence has seldom produced the desired result.
so what produces the desired results
Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by pickabeau1: 7:46pm On Jan 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
yes to scare them from perpetrating evil

So to you the best way to keep your child's minder in line is to use threats and violence then you come online to rant when you see cases of domestic abuse...

Such standards
Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by thorpido(m): 9:12pm On Jan 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
so what produces the desired results
It takes grace.One should make efforts too and try to raise them in love.
Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by mutter(f): 10:48pm On Jan 25, 2015
vkoni:
hello all.

Please differentiate between a job and a career. I can`t imagine a career that involves night duty. Probably is a job or at the best a job that requires qualified skills.

If your kid`s aren`t old enough to stay at home alone and your husband cannot handle them on his own then you better get a day time job.

Most men can take care of their kid`s at night. After all they are sleeping most of the time.
Perhaps your kid`s are still very young. Then they need a mother at home.

BTW, you are already suspecting the nanny before even bringing her into your home,
Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by mgbeketoto: 12:18am On Jan 26, 2015
If you live in fear of anything, you have no business being alive! kiss
Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by bennyrazz: 3:50pm On Jan 26, 2015
lol @ husband digging it with neighbor since nanny does not exist grin @op, have you thought of your husband digging it with his female colleagues at work

PS: when your mind starts telling you negative things, you need to talk to a shrink
Re: Fear Of Having A House Help by SAMBARRY: 3:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
Whatever! It's my daughter we are talking about and not just anybody. It's the house help that will determine the way i will treat her. If she treats my baby right i will also treat her right but if she abuses my baby i will also unleash on her. So issues like this are subjective
pickabeau1:

So to you the best way to keep your child's minder in line is to use threats and violence then you come online to rant when you see cases of domestic abuse...

Such standards

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Amazing Things Sanitary Pads Are Used For.(PIC) / Salt And Water: Can It Stop Pregnancy? / Kindly Join Us To Help Raise Funds For Kidney Transplant For Mrs Maureen Chichi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.