Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,109 members, 7,842,215 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

A Prayer For The Political Situation In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Prayer For The Political Situation In Nigeria. (390 Views)

Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? / Africa's Political Situation Is Caused By The Low IQ Of The People. / How Is The Light Situation In Your Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Prayer For The Political Situation In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2015
This past few weeks have seen scenes in Nigeria that quite frankly cause me a lot of concern and worry. Although I am confident that our country will emerge from this crisis stronger and better...nevertheless....we must continually pray for the peace of this country.

We must as Nigerians behave as mature people. We do not want a return to the events of the 60's or the events of 2011.

I appeal to anyone who reads this (and apologise to the Supermods and mods of this section for pasting this)...but in my mind, I think the time has come, even if it is just me...to ask my fellow countrymen to stop singing the songs of anarchy and instead seek compromise, peace and justice for all.

Below is quoted the Prayer of St Francis of Assisi. It is a beautiful prayer (I am not Catholic BTW) for this time. I hope all Nigerians take comfort from this prayer...and learn from it. We must not repeat past mistakes again. For the sake of our children, and even ourselves...please let us end the wrong and insidious politics of bitterness and hatred. Losing the election is not the end of the world.

[size=18pt]Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is discord, harmony;
Where there is error, truth;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, Grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. [/size]

Amen.

One thing I know...I am not going down the road of war again. Never again!
Re: A Prayer For The Political Situation In Nigeria. by bonezy: 8:15pm On Jan 24, 2015
We need am oh

(1) (Reply)

U.S. Sec. Of State John Kerry In Nigeria To Warn Against Post-election Violence / Jonathan Is Not Serious About Corruption-sak / APC D Acclaimed Saint Of Our Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.