Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,355 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Who Here Has Ever Heard Of Or Used Codeigniter? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Who Here Has Ever Heard Of Or Used Codeigniter? (724 Views)

Codeigniter Not Receiving Input From Angularjs / Testing My Codeigniter Skill / Codeigniter HMVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Here Has Ever Heard Of Or Used Codeigniter? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 24, 2015
Have you heard of this application and as well used it?
Re: Who Here Has Ever Heard Of Or Used Codeigniter? by maekhel(m): 9:38pm On Jan 24, 2015
2sExy1:
I have
Re: Who Here Has Ever Heard Of Or Used Codeigniter? by sarutobi: 9:54pm On Jan 24, 2015
2sExy1:

It proudly powers www.padisoft.org One of my projects.

It is a simple, minimalistic PHP framework. I like it cos it does not assume too much and it does not take away the programmer's power like other popular frameworks.
For instance, Symfony, Lavarel and Yii all have modules for authentication, ACL, Manipulating Javascript etc. There is no fun in that (IMO).

Its just a set of simple tools. You should try it.
Re: Who Here Has Ever Heard Of Or Used Codeigniter? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 24, 2015
sarutobi:

It proudly powers www.padisoft.org One of my projects.

It is a simple, minimalistic PHP framework. I like it cos it does not assume too much and it does not take away the programmer's power like other popular frameworks.
For instance, Symfony, Lavarel and Yii all have modules for authentication, ACL, Manipulating Javascript etc. There is no fun in that (IMO).

Its just a set of simple tools. You should try it.

can someone who has no basic programming knowledge use it? is it as simple as building sites with wordpress?

see sneaky power of the app in design here

http://potdomains.com/
Re: Who Here Has Ever Heard Of Or Used Codeigniter? by sarutobi: 10:04pm On Jan 24, 2015
2sExy1:
can someone who has no basic programming knowledge use it? is it as simple as building sites with wordpress?

see sneaky power of the app in design here

http://potdomains.com/

Unfortunately no.

Codeigniter is a framework, Wordpress is a CMS.

The difference is that with wordpress you can create simple websites, with codeigniter you can create Wordpress. You can even create Facebook with codeigniter. You see the difference?

You must be mid-level or pro-level with PHP to use codeigniter comfortably. you will struggle with it if you are new.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Make A Wordpress Website,create Post, Add Menu,categories(video Tutorial) / Has Anyone Passed The Andela Bootcamp? / Any App Developer Here??? Get In Here Please!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.