Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me (14314 Views)

Rukpokwu,A Town In Rivers State Where Female Dogs Are Forbidden(photo) / A Town In India Where Animals Are Breastfed Like Babies, / Mysteries About IJEBU IGBO As A Town! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 24, 2015
Hello,

Please I need some clarifications.

Is Kwale a town in delta, a local government or an ethnic group?

I have heard lots of people say, they are from Kwale,

Some say, they speak Kwale as their language.

So please, clarify me.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me by PapiDShipCapt(m): 9:10pm On Jan 24, 2015
Kwale is a brand of igboh!

On a more serious note, I think its a town (correct if am wrong)
Re: Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 24, 2015
Please, I need serious answers.

Thanks
Re: Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 24, 2015
Kwale is a town in Delta state. There are people that for ease of description say they speak "Kwale." However, the people of Kwale speak Ukwuani an Igbo dialect of the Anioma triad of Enuani, Ukwuani and Ika sometimes referred to as Delta Igbo. The preferred term now is Anioma.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me by Penssuwa(m): 10:12am On Jan 25, 2015
Kwale? na name of soup.
Re: Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 25, 2015
Kwale is a major town in Ndokwa LGA of Delta state, Nigeria and the language they speak is Ukuwani... The ukwuani people close to isoko speak isoko and those close to emu speak emu.
Alexkene:
Hello,

Please I need some clarifications.

Is Kwale a town in delta, a local government or an ethnic group?

I have heard lots of people say, they are from Kwale,

Some say, they speak Kwale as their language.

So please, clarify me.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 25, 2015
BellaBambina:
Kwale is a major town in Ndokwa LGA of Delta state, Nigeria and the language they speak is Ukuwani... The ukwuani people close to isoko speak isoko and those close to emu speak emu.

Thanks. What can you tell me about this town Ase.

I know a family from there, sometimes they say they are Isoko, sometimes they say they are Ukwuani. Is that not identity crisis?

Then I know another person from Ase that says he is Igbo?
Re: Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
Based on the close boundary between the Isoko/Emu and Ukwuani people, they share dialectical similarities, they inter-marry and even co-habit. They live in each other's villages and some even claim the opposite tribe as theirs, because an outsider cannot tell the difference. Their people are warm and hospitable, but don't mess with their ladies!
Alexkene:

Thanks. What can you tell me about this town Ase.

I know a family from there, sometimes they say they are Isoko, sometimes they say they are Ukwuani. Is that not identity crisis?

Then I know another person from Ase that says he is Igbo?
Re: Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me by Nobody: 12:55am On Jan 26, 2015
Kwale is a town?

The information I have is that Kwale is what the Ika people call the Ukwuani people.

Could be wrong.
Re: Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me by tonychristopher: 12:19pm On Jan 27, 2015
Radoillo:
Kwale is a town?

The information I have is that Kwale is what the Ika people call the Ukwuani people.

Could be wrong.

No

Kwale is anglicizd version of ukwuani

Oyibo couldn't pronounce ukwuani
The same way they couldn't pronounce igbuzor and they called it ibusa
Owere for Owerri
Enugwu for enugu

All these are ibo

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me by honfreeman(m): 2:56pm On Dec 09, 2015
Ukwuani.. Kwale,Owere to Owerri,Onicha to Onitsha, Olu to Orlu,Oka to Awka,. Abankaleke to Abakaliki, Ehugbo to Afikpo,. Enugwu to Enugu, Ahaba to Asaba,Obigbo to Oyibo, Akpaohia to Ekpeye etc

7 Likes

Re: Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me by chindakwe842: 4:50pm On Feb 22, 2016
Kwale, Ndoni,and Ndokwa dialect is a pure blend of Anambra, Enugu, and Abakaliki dialects. But due to ignorant of their origins, they claim benin, which is wrong.

I am Enugu- Ikwerre man and I realize that; Ikwerre, Ndoni-Ogba-Egbema, ahaoda,all in rivers state, and Ndokwa, Ika, Aniocha,etc. In delta state, are made up of all the various communities dialects spoken in Anambra, Enugu, Abia, Imo, and Ebonyi states.

I have studied these over a period of time now. And no body should doubt me on this.
They are all Igbo people. Even Buhari told the world that these groups are Igbo people.
The dialects they all speak are the grinded dailects spoken in Enugu, Anambra, Ebonyi--especially.

While just little Igbo dialects spoken in Abia and Imo states are heard when they speak.

5 Likes

Re: Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me by uckennety(m): 12:39am On Mar 18, 2016
chindakwe842:
Kwale, Ndoni,and Ndokwa dialect is a pure blend of Anambra, Enugu, and Abakaliki dialects. But due to ignorant of their origins, they claim benin, which is wrong.

I am Enugu- Ikwerre man and I realize that; Ikwerre, Ndoni-Ogba-Egbema, ahaoda,all in rivers state, and Ndokwa, Ika, Aniocha,etc. In delta state, are made up of all the various communities dialects spoken in Anambra, Enugu, Abia, Imo, and Ebonyi states.

I have studied these over a period of time now. And no body should doubt me on this.
They are all Igbo people. Even Buhari told the world that these groups are Igbo people.
The dialects they all speak are the grinded dailects spoken in Enugu, Anambra, Ebonyi--especially.

While just little Igbo dialects spoken in Abia and Imo states are heard when they speak.

Nooooo tHEy knw dia origin if not y taking ibo names?mmmmm!all na politics if ur 4rm benin,try bear omoregie as a name just as isoko and urhobo!
Re: Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me by BarryX(m): 9:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
uckennety:

Nooooo tHEy knw dia origin if not y taking ibo names?mmmmm!all na politics if ur 4rm benin,try bear omoregie as a name just as isoko and urhobo!
For the record. Neither Isoko nor Urhobo bear Omoregie as a name

Just needed to chip that in
Re: Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me by BarryX(m): 9:41pm On Mar 18, 2016
chindakwe842:

The ignorance of Buhari should be used as a standard to lump people with different identities together right?

I personally don't think that excuse is tenable

1 Like

Re: Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me by uckennety(m): 10:18pm On Mar 18, 2016
BarryX:
For the record. Neither Isoko nor Urhobo bear Omoregie as a name

Just needed to chip that in

I v seen dts y am saying it
Re: Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me by uckennety(m): 10:22pm On Mar 18, 2016
BarryX:
The ignorance of Buhari should be used as a standard to lump people with different identities together right?

I personally don't think that excuse is tenable

Didn't buhari Fight d war??buHari is a dullard but not a Fool not to know abt ethnicity!

1 Like

Re: Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me by Nowenuse: 12:05am On Mar 19, 2016
uckennety:

Didn't buhari Fight d war??buHari is a dullard but not a Fool not to know abt ethnicity!

Pls d view of an illiterate cattle rearer should not be used to define a people. People are to define themselves. Never use someone's else judgement to define another person

1 Like

Re: Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me by uckennety(m): 12:12am On Mar 19, 2016
Nowenuse:

Pls d view of an illiterate cattle rearer should not be used to define a people. People are to define themselves. Never use someone's else judgement to define another person

All this English just For denying of ibo Mmmmmm shame!!!!!
Do u knw abt ikenga stature dt d british took 4rm u pple ukwani?if ur parents didn't tell you I believe your educated you should know!!iF ur still arguing dz!then i'll say dt buhari is more intelligent dan u!
Re: Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me by Nowenuse: 11:09pm On Mar 19, 2016
uckennety:

All this English just For denying of ibo Mmmmmm shame!!!!!
Do u knw abt ikenga stature dt d british took 4rm u pple ukwani?if ur parents didn't tell you I believe your educated you should know!!iF ur still arguing dz!then i'll say dt buhari is more intelligent dan u!

Ukwuani as well as Ika and the whole anioma are a melange of different cultures, igbo, edo, igala e.t.c but mostly of igbo + edo descent. Its not a matter of denying igbo or not.
Itsekiris are a melange of yoruba and edo cultures/origin. U cannot take away edo from them and neither can u take away yoruba from them. Neither yorubas nor edos are forcing itsekiri to claim being yoruba or edo. They are who they are.
That is just the way most Ukwuanis and most Aniomas i think just want to be. Let their igbo be part of them and let their Edo be part of them. U cannot take away either from them.

4 Likes

Re: Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me by Linzo(m): 12:50pm On Jun 25, 2018
Kwale is an Igbo tribe
Re: Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me by Jaybeee1: 9:11pm On Oct 04, 2021
Kwale is not an igbo tribe, they are an ethnic group of their own, thank you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) / There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. / Ooni, Ugandan President Meet Over Socio-Economic Development In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.