Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,556 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Career In D Academics (federal University) Or Professional Services (big Four)? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career In D Academics (federal University) Or Professional Services (big Four)? (1118 Views)

Pls Advice A Nairalander, MSc Accountancy Abroad Or A Shot @The Big Four Auditor / Masters In Engineering Or Professional Certification In Engineering / Should I Go For PGD Or Professional Courses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Career In D Academics (federal University) Or Professional Services (big Four)? by IlorinBoy1: 10:05pm On Jan 24, 2015
He is a graduate of the sciences with a VERY good grade and he needs advice on choosing a career path. Should he take a job with a big four accounting firm (tax, but looking to move to audit or any other field you advise) or as a graduate assistant in a federal university?

Frankly, he thinks there are better chances of getting rich in the corporate world, (you know, opportunities to get involved in big projects, meet people, ideas etc) especially when he starts and gains experience with a big four firm, but he still has an undying love for research and teaching and the starting salary in a federal university is not bad at all.

Please advise!!! Personal experiences and true stories will be appreciated.

Please note that having a science background doesn't put him at a disadvantage in a big four, so that is not an issue.
For all those with me in the job hustle, God go provide.
Re: Career In D Academics (federal University) Or Professional Services (big Four)? by OkaiCorne(m): 9:50am On Jan 26, 2015
Its a no brainer... Big four is the destination, Lecturing job is the alternative. In the big four, the recruitment system is transparent, you can rise up the career ladder rapidly as promotion is a function of performance (and not man know man) and on a final note, the reward system is very reasonable and motivating. I've not even spoken of the advantages foreign exchange programs would offer as well as the mouthwatering offers you get if you decide to port from the big four (when you're chartered of course). grin

I don't know if there are similar opportunities as a lecturer in a Nigerian university
Re: Career In D Academics (federal University) Or Professional Services (big Four)? by IlorinBoy1: 8:12pm On Jan 31, 2015
thanks boss. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Finally, CBN Throws Naira Open / Procedures To Register For Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment (nis), 2017. / How I Got A Job In The UK After My MBA As An International Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.