Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB (2594 Views)

Jonathan Made Osinbajo’s Tour Of Niger Delta A Success - Niger Delta Militants / Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler / Grave Mistake Jonathan Made In War Against Boko Haram -prof Ango Abdullahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 24, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan few weeks ago visited the former military leader, Gen. Ibrahim Gbadamosi Babangida, whom he described as his father.

Gen. Babangida was quoted as saying; “When he (Jonathan) came here I told him that he made two political mistakes: first was to lose Rotimi, the Governor of Rivers State. When the crisis was going on, Governor Rotimi was here to pay me a visit.

I confronted him and he spoke to me very honestly. Despite the problems, he was not ready to leave the PDP then. Gen. Obasanjo, myself and a few others intervened in the matter as leaders of the party but the president did not foresee the current situation and didn’t take our advice seriously.

Rotimi is one young man I like so much for his honesty. He is very bold and always committed to his conviction.”

“I told president Jonathan that the second mistake he made was to call Obasanjo a motor pack tout. What an insult. That was wrong and the beginning of his problems. How many times had he seen Obasanjo insult Gowon? I told him that supporting him would mean to endorse the insult on Gen Obasanjo. I won’t”.

“I advised him to go make peace with Governor Rotimi and Gen. Obasnjo. I told him it is almost getting late. I said to him, you must visit Obasanjo to apologize to him. I don’t think that the outcome was favourable because it was already late.”-Jibrin lalasky via Nigerian Civil Right Movement

News Source: http://www.newspunch.org/2-political-suicidal-mistakes-jonathan-made-ibb/

Image source:BellaNaija

2 Likes

Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by francizy(m): 10:53pm On Jan 24, 2015
Human beings dey talk, even demonic beast ma join dey talk him own!

IBB keep your dirty gutts shut!

GEJ called you father? No wonder he's as corrupt as you are.

OBJ is another devilish beast..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by Raiders: 10:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
IBB is right. GEJ made mistake by losing Ameachi and OBJ. I don't see GEJ winning the election because he loss the support of the biggest and most influence state in Niger delta. Last election GEJ got about 2 million vote from rivers because of Ameachi influence. I don't see him getting that much vote this year because river state is divided. he also don't have the support of Obj and the yoruba states which helped him last election. I think GEJ will lose unless he try to beg ameachi and obj for forgiveness

4 Likes

Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by watered(m): 11:02pm On Jan 24, 2015
What a presido? Called IBB a father, and went to apologise to OBJ. That's okay if they actually happened.

I'm sure GEJ never saw these things coming like this else he wouldn't have allowed them.

GMB 2015

5 Likes

Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by justhelp(m): 11:11pm On Jan 24, 2015
Let me park here
Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by Datsme: 11:16pm On Jan 24, 2015
CULLED for U fellow nairalanders to digest
#APC, A PILL NIGERIANS MUST SWALLOW
Some of us may actually be too young to have come in contact with the drug APC, but those who did, say before the advent of Paracetamol, APC was the medicine for headache, stomachache and indeed, all aches and pains. Today Nigeria has a headache, a bellyache and all known and unknown aches and pains. The good news is that we know the cause of most of these aches. Diagnosis?; corruption and the poor leadership of the PDP!. But it looks like the good old tablet, APC is back in Nigeria; not in chemists and pharmacies, but as a political conglomeration that promises
to heal Nigeria of her many aches and pains, especially the one I now call 'PDP-ache'. It is the ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS (APC).
The APC has promised to evolve a political party committed to the
principles of internal democracy, focused on serious issues of concern to OUR PEOPLE. The party is determined to bring corruption and insecurity to an end, determined to grow our economy and create jobs in their millions through education, housing, agriculture, industrial growth etc, and stop the increasing mood of despair and hopelessness among OUR PEOPLE.
Nigerians have met disappointment sat every turn of their recent political history. I guess this explains why some Nigerians are still sceptical about the APC and its real intentions. Where we have been promised bread, we got stones and where we were promised soup, sludge was forced down our throats. Its all too recent and still raw as we all are now choking from air pollution, not only from the fumes from our electric-generating sets but from the corrosive materials in the breathe of fresh air we were promised by the current ruling party and its arrowhead of corruption, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.
We, as a people have come to the stage where we have lost all hopes in our leaders and consequently, in our nation. They have cheated us out of our national inheritance. They have run down our national infrastructures and left them in their dilapidated states. Examples are our roads and hospitals. They have, through their greed reduced our life expectancies to 47 and 45 respectively for men and women. They have made us look small among the comity of nations. We have become a people who are no longer warmly welcomed to other nations. Close to home, some African nations have been brave to voice the fact that we are bad news.
Our leaders have become the butt of jokes as they go around the globe parading timid arrogance. But this government, this sick government of President Jonathan still refuses medication. It struggles on, refusing to see that the people they asked to serve needed to be served. This sick government that refused to take all prescribed medications has devised means of avoiding contact
with the ordinary man on the street, for the fear of being lynched by
angry Nigerians. Private jets have become the new means of mass transit for our corrupt leaders and their friends, along with their religious associates.
Nigeria's Independence Day celebration events which we looked forward to as children in Nigeria, have become a private affair,
held within the confines of the Aso Rock Villa. Children in our nation have not been given the opportunity, even on'Children's Day' to interact with the man who decides on their behalf. Nigerians, ordinary Nigerians are therefore left to their own devices as
unemployment soars.
Lynching popularly known as jungle-justice and mass raping have become popular in a nation that has lost her morals and community spirit. Campus prostitution, armed robbery,kidnapping, human-trafficking, fraud and scamming etc are now ways of earning a
living in a nation blessed with huge natural and human resources. ....Utaan Terhide Conrad....
UP #APC
#SAIBUHARI/OSINBAJO

1 Like

Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by emmaBS(m): 11:17pm On Jan 24, 2015
Jonathan created more problems for himself than the opposition is doing to him.

1 Like

Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 24, 2015
Cirmuell....this plot of land is for you...say something
Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by agabusta: 11:22pm On Jan 24, 2015
Politically, losing Amaechi was a blunder. Rivers state has a chunk voting population. GEJ will definitely win Rivers, but Amaechi will successfully reduce the votes he'll get significantly. Moreso, Amaechi thru his influence as Rivers governor will effectively checkmate any rigging antics the PDP will like to deploy.

It is the results of this election that will make GEJ to know the influence of those governors he lost.
Kano
Kwara
Rivers and the rest.

These states will give the opposition heavy votes. If these states were still under the PDP, they would have been able to curtail the influences of the opposition.

1 Like

Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by mrborntodoit: 11:24pm On Jan 24, 2015
IBB is part of the nations problem.

Firstly,Jonathan wont succumb to amechis threats.

secondly,Jonathan put an end to Godfatherism hereby ending obasanjos quest for continous control over state affairs.

Lastly, I rep GEJ.

Team GEJ, Team transformation!

2 Likes

Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by agabusta: 11:27pm On Jan 24, 2015
Politically, losing Amaechi was a blunder. Rivers state has a chunk voting population. GEJ will definitely win Rivers, but Amaechi will successfully reduce the votes he'll get significantly. Moreso, Amaechi thru his influence as Rivers governor will effectively checkmate any rigging antics the PDP will like to deploy.

It is the results of this election that will make GEJ to know the influence of those governors he lost.
Kano
Kwara
Rivers and the rest.

These states will give the opposition heavy votes. If these states were still under the PDP, they would have been able to curtail the influences of the opposition.

Jona thinks he can muscle his way using the might of incumbency.

A soldier once said this about the battle field...

"the intensity of firing does not matter, what matters is the accuracy".

1 Like

Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by Yeske2(m): 11:46pm On Jan 24, 2015
I thought GEJ's problem is coming to an end.New day new problem
Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 24, 2015
GEJ's made fatal mistakes by following advice of praise-singers and never-do-wells. He thinks the Office of the President is the Alpha and Omega, he never knew that even Obj was strategic during his first term especially with some stubborn governors and VP Atiku. Apart from Jonathan's epic failure in administration, his political moves were blunders. I had expected him to be a more people oriented President instead of cabal oriented. Get support of the masses through delivering on your campaign promises, and ditch whichever politician that you are not comfortable with and replace same with people of credibility. Jonathan should learn from this episode. He had the goodwill, he lost it. I don't care whether he pleases one Amaechi or Obj, his poor performance and the aides he align himself with are his greatest undoing.

Sai Buhari

6 Likes

Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by papaejima1: 11:53pm On Jan 24, 2015
the only mistake was losing amaechi.
as for obj he can go back to ota farm joor

2 Likes

Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by lacasa: 12:32am On Jan 25, 2015
GEJ, a man given everything he has on a platter of luck and fate

Only to lose it faster than you can say 'Change'

#IHAVEDECIDED
#Sai Buhari

3 Likes

Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by reporter1: 12:49am On Jan 25, 2015
I'm not a fan of IBB; nevertheless, he spoke the truth.

I respect Amechi for his doggedness, and nobody should knowingly put hmself in the bad books of OBJ unless of course you are dumb.

Jonathan has done more to fractionalize PDP than anyone since PDP was created. OBJ advised him to stop listening to sycophants but the clueless one thought he knew it all.

PDP is imploding by the day. The big men of PDP have all decamped. What is left are political jobbers and touts like FFK and Fayose. Tell me who can those two fools mobilize?

This election is a referendum on PDP's 16 years of regressive government, and it's about to hit its final STOP on Febuhari 14th.

Vote Buhari for change that is long overdue.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by omolami: 1:24am On Jan 25, 2015
On d contrary, doing away with both amaechi and obasnjo is d best approach made by jonathan.To d best of our knwledge Jonathan never called obj motor park tout,except the writer himself thinks so r under illusilation or obj himself believe he is one.As for amaechi h remains a bastard and traitor such person need to be avoided.

1 Like

Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by Snoup6(m): 1:56am On Jan 25, 2015
omolami:
On d contrary, doing away with both amaechi and obasnjo is d best approach made by jonathan.To d best of our knwledge Jonathan never called obj motor park tout,except the writer himself thinks so r under illusilation or obj himself believe he is one.As for amaechi h remains a bastard and traitor such person need to be avoided.
shut ya Ass up! what do you knw??...Jonathan is the Bastard and the traitor. a Leader with no leadership attributes. Reckless with his speeches and Weak by nature. a Bastard who ate the money his father gave him for shoes...and preferred to walk on barefoot. we want such kind of his leadership nomore...I don't care if he is your dad or the love of your life. FooooLs

3 Likes

Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by Nobody: 2:02am On Jan 25, 2015
francizy:
Human beings dey talk, even demonic beast ma join dey talk him own!

IBB keep your dirty gutts shut!

GEJ called you father? No wonder he's as corrupt as you are.

OBJ is another devilish beast..

Men that should have been tied to a stake and shot and no one will miss them
Heediots
Destroyers of the nation
Who is IBB to advise anybody
Bloody killer

2 Likes

Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by Caseless: 2:15am On Jan 25, 2015
I said it that gej's greatest undoing is having the likes of AMAECHI and sylva as his opponents from his region. Amaechi has single-handedly fragmented ND for him and it will be hard for him to defrag his region and Nigeria to favor his re-election bid

Gej is gone!

2 Likes

Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by francizy(m): 6:46am On Jan 25, 2015
babyosisi:

Men that should have been tied to a stake and shot and no one will miss them
Heediots
Destroyers of the nation
Who is IBB to advise anybody
Bloody killer

Experience matters in organizations, however, in Nigerian politics, you don't seek advice from the experienced if you want to make a difference because that experienced person has nothing good to offer you.

It's only in Nigeria that people seek advice from cataclysmic failures..

1 Like

Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by francizy(m): 6:54am On Jan 25, 2015
lacasa:
GEJ, a man given everything he has on a platter of luck and fate

Only to lose it faster than you can say 'Change'

#IHAVEDECIDED
#Sai Buhari

Are you a musician? undecided
Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by cirmuell(m): 7:26am On Jan 25, 2015
soe:
Cirmuell....this plot of land is for you...say something
my brother, what more is there to say than to wait till FeBuhari14 to boot this Otuoke man out. This man has lost it on so many fronts, he thinks he can eat his cake and have it back. Clueless personified!

*Happy sundae jare.

1 Like

Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by lacasa: 9:36am On Jan 25, 2015
francizy:

Are you a musician? undecided

It rhymes, no?

grin
Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by francizy(m): 10:00am On Jan 25, 2015
lacasa:

It rhymes, no?

grin

Ofcuz, FAITH and CHANGE rhymes well..
Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 25, 2015
he who the gods wants to kill, they would first make mad.

Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by bettercreature(m): 10:21am On Jan 25, 2015
Datsme:
CULLED for U fellow nairalanders to digest
#APC, A PILL NIGERIANS MUST SWALLOW
Some of us may actually be too young to have come in contact with the drug APC, but those who did, say before the advent of Paracetamol, APC was the medicine for headache, stomachache and indeed, all aches and pains. Today Nigeria has a headache, a bellyache and all known and unknown aches and pains. The good news is that we know the cause of most of these aches. Diagnosis?; corruption and the poor leadership of the PDP!. But it looks like the good old tablet, APC is back in Nigeria; not in chemists and pharmacies, but as a political conglomeration that promises
to heal Nigeria of her many aches and pains, especially the one I now call 'PDP-ache'. It is the ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS (APC).
The APC has promised to evolve a political party committed to the
principles of internal democracy, focused on serious issues of concern to OUR PEOPLE. The party is determined to bring corruption and insecurity to an end, determined to grow our economy and create jobs in their millions through education, housing, agriculture, industrial growth etc, and stop the increasing mood of despair and hopelessness among OUR PEOPLE.
Nigerians have met disappointment sat every turn of their recent political history. I guess this explains why some Nigerians are still sceptical about the APC and its real intentions. Where we have been promised bread, we got stones and where we were promised soup, sludge was forced down our throats. Its all too recent and still raw as we all are now choking from air pollution, not only from the fumes from our electric-generating sets but from the corrosive materials in the breathe of fresh air we were promised by the current ruling party and its arrowhead of corruption, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.
We, as a people have come to the stage where we have lost all hopes in our leaders and consequently, in our nation. They have cheated us out of our national inheritance. They have run down our national infrastructures and left them in their dilapidated states. Examples are our roads and hospitals. They have, through their greed reduced our life expectancies to 47 and 45 respectively for men and women. They have made us look small among the comity of nations. We have become a people who are no longer warmly welcomed to other nations. Close to home, some African nations have been brave to voice the fact that we are bad news.
Our leaders have become the butt of jokes as they go around the globe parading timid arrogance. But this government, this sick government of President Jonathan still refuses medication. It struggles on, refusing to see that the people they asked to serve needed to be served. This sick government that refused to take all prescribed medications has devised means of avoiding contact
with the ordinary man on the street, for the fear of being lynched by
angry Nigerians. Private jets have become the new means of mass transit for our corrupt leaders and their friends, along with their religious associates.
Nigeria's Independence Day celebration events which we looked forward to as children in Nigeria, have become a private affair,
held within the confines of the Aso Rock Villa. Children in our nation have not been given the opportunity, even on'Children's Day' to interact with the man who decides on their behalf. Nigerians, ordinary Nigerians are therefore left to their own devices as
unemployment soars.
Lynching popularly known as jungle-justice and mass raping have become popular in a nation that has lost her morals and community spirit. Campus prostitution, armed robbery,kidnapping, human-trafficking, fraud and scamming etc are now ways of earning a
living in a nation blessed with huge natural and human resources. ....Utaan Terhide Conrad....
UP #APC
#SAIBUHARI/OSINBAJO
Stop putting unnecessary comma and full stop to help those of us using SRI to read your message
Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by OAM4J: 10:27am On Jan 25, 2015
Those that the gods wanna kill, they first make mad...

GEJ has to keep committing blunders to prove those calling him clueless right...
Re: 2 Political Suicidal Mistakes Jonathan Made – IBB by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 25, 2015
bettercreature:
Stop putting unnecessary comma and full stop to help those of us using SRI to read your message
what is SRI pls

(1) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo Receives New Warning / BREAKING: Heavy Shooting At Bariga / More Photos From Nigeria's IDP Camps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.