Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,983 members, 7,821,423 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler (38756 Views)

Jonathan Made Mistakes, But Buhari Is A Mistake – Reno Omokri / Jonathan Made Osinbajo’s Tour Of Niger Delta A Success - Niger Delta Militants / Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by DONSMITH123(m): 3:44pm On Jun 02, 2016
The President of the Ogoni Council of Traditional Rulers, King Godwin Giniwa has declared that former President, Goodluck Jonathan made a terrible “mistake” for ignoring the UNEP report.
The paramount ruler of the Ogoni kingdom, King Giniwa said this while making his remark during the launch of the Ogoni clean-up programme held in Gokana Local government area of Rivers state.

While describing Jonathan as an easy-going man, the Paramount ruler expressed shock that Ogonis were neglected during his administration.

He urged the people of Ogoni to appreciate President Mohammadu Buhari who is keeping his promise.

King Godwin Giniwa urged the Federal government to carry out effective clean-up of Ogoni.

According to him, “Many times, I met with the former President. And each time we met and he asked me what I wanted, I tell him to come and help us clean our land. But nothing was done. He is my son and I like him, but he made a big mistake. He made a mistake for ignoring the Ogoni people.

“But when I met with this current Federal government led by Buhari, he gave me his word and here we are today.

“I want to appeal to you (Federal government) to please employ our people. Please, appoint one of our own into your cabinet so we can feel your impact.”

The paramount ruler also announced the installation of a Chieftaincy title, Mene-Nuale on President Mohammadu Buhari.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/02/ogoni-clean-up-jonathan-made-a-mistake-traditional-ruler/

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by BossKratos: 3:47pm On Jun 02, 2016
Jonathan himself was a MISTAKE!

445 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by tritt(m): 3:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
This Jonathan name dey sweet una fr mouth too much.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by adenine02: 3:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
a drunk will always be a dunk

i beg i no call anybody name o!

ipo, scavengers and PDP take note

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by madridguy(m): 3:51pm On Jun 02, 2016
Let raise our voice to pray for King Godwin Giniwa for saying the gospel truth. I pray Almighty God protect you sir against his killer squad, snipers, IPOD, NDA.

207 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by GudluckIBB(m): 3:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
adenine02:

Even if you mention name,ipod,PDP or scavengers dey chop Bottle,or them dey use acid drink garri?

who jonathan epp amongst them?

Abeg dem no reach

jona was a failure
period!

169 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by DONSMITH123(m): 3:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin

BossKratos:

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by OsusuMustFlow(f): 3:57pm On Jun 02, 2016
Jona don hear am today

12 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by OsusuMustFlow(f): 3:58pm On Jun 02, 2016
adenine02:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by DONSMITH123(m): 4:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
The paramount ruler also announced the installation of a Chieftaincy title, Mene-Nuale on President Mohammadu Buhari.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by Onix01: 4:03pm On Jun 02, 2016
Today isn't one of the days Jona will want to be called a hero. The name is a mockery to his actions. I guess he's full of regrets and wishes he turns back the hands of time. The Lesson is always do good for your community for you shall return back someday.

111 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by Elbubs(f): 4:09pm On Jun 02, 2016
This is coming from someone that knows the pain of what Jona did. Truly Jona was a mistake never to be repeated.

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by SweetLove0(f): 4:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
lalasticlala front page o. People calling him their hero need to see this

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by SweetLove0(f): 4:15pm On Jun 02, 2016
BossKratos:

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by Pavore9: 4:18pm On Jun 02, 2016
What was GEJ's gain in not cleaning up the place?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by VampireeM(f): 4:20pm On Jun 02, 2016
Since the president didnt ve the balls to come to Ogoniland himself but sent his VP, Osinbanjo should ve been conferred the chieftancy title instead

4 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by DONSMITH123(m): 4:30pm On Jun 02, 2016
Which means you are accepting the facts that Jona made mistake. Simple!
VampireeM:
Since the president didnt ve the balls to come to Ogoniland himself but sent his VP, Osinbanjo should ve been conferred the chieftancy title instead

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by stephnie1(f): 4:39pm On Jun 02, 2016
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by VampireeM(f): 4:41pm On Jun 02, 2016
DONSMITH123:

Which means you are accepting the facts that Jona made mistake. Simple!

If GEJ promised to clean up ogoniland I dont know and I dont care.. I'm talking of the present where the ball-less president sent his VP and the fact Osinbanjo should get the title.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by DONSMITH123(m): 4:43pm On Jun 02, 2016
i laugh in swahili, he's ball-less but still remain your president. cheesy

VampireeM:

If GEJ promised to clean up ogoniland I dont know and I dont care.. I'm talking of the present where the ball-less president sent his VP and the fact Osinbanjo should get the title.

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by aresa: 4:44pm On Jun 02, 2016
To crooked and corrupt stealing is not corruption Jona, if it wasn't about looting and stealing, he wasn't interested.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by OnankpaBa(m): 4:47pm On Jun 02, 2016
see this one. I have warned you many time on this forum to always respect your elders. be-warn for the last time. lipsrsealed

VampireeM:

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by OnankpaBa(m): 4:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
gbam!!!

BossKratos:

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by VampireeM(f): 4:56pm On Jun 02, 2016
OnankpaBa:

see this one. I have warned you many time on this forum to always respect your elders. be-warn for the last time. lipsrsealed

lol.. Elders with no balls you mean? Last I checked respect is earned.. BTW, I didnt disrespect him. I respect my elders just like you and your friend donsmith123
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by thefunclubenterprise(m): 4:58pm On Jun 02, 2016
Leave gej alone, honestly tired of hearing his name in every news.

Kudos to buhari (or should I say osibande lipsrsealed sorry osibanjo, because buhari wasn't there) and his team for the clean up.

4 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 02, 2016
LEAVE GEJ ALONE! BUHARI DID THIS BUHARI DID THAT, HOW IS IT GEJ'S FAULT?
AMAECHI SAID SAME THING TODAY, LEAVE GEJ ALONE, STOP THE BLAME AND FACE THE ISSUE AT HAND!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by shomoyess(m): 4:59pm On Jun 02, 2016
People shaaa
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by pendusky(m): 5:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by todayboy: 5:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
What's the benefit of the clean up to ogoni people
Will the clean up turn ogoni to Dubai
Why the hype of the clean up
The clean up is just like normal sanitation in Lagos
That's why Buhari ignore the ceremony

7 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by sammyj: 5:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
While some ignoramus will tag the same mistake driven clueless one their HERO. HERO my foot!!! shocked angry cool

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by Ayomi088(m): 5:01pm On Jun 02, 2016
Na today?
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by dayoungmoney1: 5:01pm On Jun 02, 2016
Comment loading...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

''Wanted: Maximum Security For Mr. President As Corruption Fights Back'' / Fact-Check: APC, PDP Votes At Buhari’s PU In 2019, 2023 Not Same / The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.