Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

The People Stone You If You Don't Deliver - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The People Stone You If You Don't Deliver - Jonathan (1511 Views)

"When You Relate With Your People, They Won't Stone You" - Jibrin Shades Masari / Edo-people-stone-apc-convoy-photos / People Stone Saraki At Ilorin Eid Praying Ground - Newsrescue.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The People Stone You If You Don't Deliver - Jonathan by AnanseK(m): 12:19am On Jan 25, 2015
The past week has seen Nigerians hurling rocks at the Presidential convoy during campaign rallies. This reaction from a crowd has only one meaning: the people are displeased with the man whom they stone.
In politics, corollaries and alternative theories always intersect: some say the 'stoners' are opposition-sponsored, while the opposition says the incumbent hired the people itself to make them look bad.
Whatever.
Anway, this brings to mind something that happened in February 2012. It happened when the then governor of Bayelse, Timipre Sylva, was deposed and Seriake Dickson took his place.
Jonathan accused Sylva of failing the state.
He said Sylva failed to execute key projects in the state and reneged on his campaign promises.
Then (this is the interesting part) he tuned to Dickson, his beloved, and said unto him: “You have brought people from Abuja to Yenagoa today. The only thing I want to tell you in the presence of Bayelsans is that I was here in this place some months ago and Bayelsans stoned the governor [Sylva]. You must work hard to make sure that Bayelsans don’t stone you. The day I come here and Bayelsans stone you, I will follow and stone you.”

2 Likes

Re: The People Stone You If You Don't Deliver - Jonathan by StarFist(m): 12:27am On Jan 25, 2015
Hmmmmmmm! Make I think we'll before commenting undecided
Re: The People Stone You If You Don't Deliver - Jonathan by kestolove95(m): 12:28am On Jan 25, 2015
Ahahahaahaha....the stone stoned the stoner
Re: The People Stone You If You Don't Deliver - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:35am On Jan 25, 2015
When Sylva was stoned in the presence of president Jonathan, instead of the president to restore order and arrest troublemakers, he used it to play politics. A very clueless president that doesn't know his job. he went to Bauchi and was hurled with stones by his PDP thugs. Rather than bring perpetrators to book, his clueless fans were whinning. Only a failed leader will receive such humiliation. GEJ is a failure per mediocrity. He must go. In GMB we believe. Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: The People Stone You If You Don't Deliver - Jonathan by hardywaltz(m): 12:38am On Jan 25, 2015
This talkative President dat can't keep his mouth shut.

(1) (Reply)

I Won't Go On Terminal Leave - Prof. Jega / How Russian Arms Is Helping Nigeria Fight Boko Haram / Picture Shows BUHARI More Fit Than GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.