Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Mom: My Son 'looks A Lot Like A Girl' - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mom: My Son 'looks A Lot Like A Girl' (2082 Views)

My Son Attempting To Put On A Small Generator / My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! / My Son's Birthday In Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mom: My Son 'looks A Lot Like A Girl' by DeHero1: 7:03am On Jan 25, 2015
Alan said he wanted long hair “like Rapunzel,” I shrugged it off. He had a big sister. She was into princesses. He’d grow out of it. And even if he didn’t, gender “norms” are something other parents adhere to. Not us. We were too smart for that.

So my son’s blond hair grew.

First it was shaggy. Then it became scruffy. Recently, it has finally reached shoulder length. He looks like a cross between a surfer (on the bad days) and a rock star (on the worse days).

He also looks a lot like a girl. “Perfect,” he told us. But, as it turns out, it wasn’t perfect to us.

I began to feel judged about his hair after strangers began mistaking him for a girl more often.

"You have such lovely girls," one said. Later that day, it was the same: "Three pretty sisters," the man who took our tickets at the botanical garden said to my kids. My son, dressed in a black pirate shirt and long gray pants shrugged his shoulders.
"Whatever," he said.

But my husband and I cringed. It keeps happening. At this point, he is mistaken for a girl at least once a day. Alan doesn’t care. Should we?

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/mom-my-son-looks-a-lot-like-a-girl-101772274127.html

Re: Mom: My Son 'looks A Lot Like A Girl' by Nobody: 7:09am On Jan 25, 2015
Gay in d making. Red alert
Re: Mom: My Son 'looks A Lot Like A Girl' by madgoat(m): 7:11am On Jan 25, 2015
Transgender in d making... Diz is how it starts undecided
Re: Mom: My Son 'looks A Lot Like A Girl' by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 25, 2015
his movement should change!remove the 4kin hair and get to boys hair cut!you know what to do. you just want to announc your inability to train your kid!
Re: Mom: My Son 'looks A Lot Like A Girl' by mutter(f): 7:57am On Jan 25, 2015
I had a son that liked everything that girls liked. Dolls, long hair dresses etc. He never played with the boys as a little kid. Even my husband was very upset about it.
I gradually steered him away from those things.
First he got barbies and then I suggested to him he could get the ken (the male barbie). He pleaded to wear a princess dress and I let him, on the condition he would take it off again, which he did. He asked for it on another day but after that never again. It was important for me to let him do those things so that he does not have a secret longing for them when he gets older. However I carefully steered him away from them.
Now he is older he still loves playing with girls but he finds them very attractive.
He understands girls better but he definitely loves being a boy. as a kid he loved pink but then it changed to red and now black.
Basically what I`m trying to say is that some kids are born that way, as a kid I loved playing with boys football and the rest but it is the duty of the parents to orientate and educate the children in the right direction

These parents are pushing their kid into this, probably want to have a sensation in their home. Really sad.

5 Likes

Re: Mom: My Son 'looks A Lot Like A Girl' by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 25, 2015
Mutter, you're such a blessing.
Re: Mom: My Son 'looks A Lot Like A Girl' by SAMBARRY: 11:12am On Jan 25, 2015
He/she's so cute kiss

she looks more of a girl. Like a sweet little girl smiley
Re: Mom: My Son 'looks A Lot Like A Girl' by DeHero1: 3:09pm On Jan 25, 2015
madgoat:
Transgender in d making... Diz is how it starts undecided

Really?
Re: Mom: My Son 'looks A Lot Like A Girl' by kreamidiva(f): 3:28pm On Jan 25, 2015
Op, ask Brangelina....
Re: Mom: My Son 'looks A Lot Like A Girl' by Afrobasic(m): 7:12pm On Jan 25, 2015
mutter:
I had a son that liked everything that girls liked. Dolls, long hair dresses etc. He never played with the boys as a little kid. Even my husband was very upset about it.
I gradually steered him away from those things.
First he got barbies and then I suggested to him he could get the ken (the male barbie). He pleaded to wear a princess dress and I let him, on the condition he would take it off again, which he did. He asked for it on another day but after that never again. It was important for me to let him do those things so that he does not have a secret longing for them when he gets older. However I carefully steered him away from them.
Now he is older he still loves playing with girls but he finds them very attractive.
He understands girls better but he definitely loves being a boy. as a kid he loved pink but then it changed to red and now black.
Basically what I`m trying to say is that some kids are born that way, as a kid I loved playing with boys football and the rest but it is the duty of the parents to orientate and educate the children in the right direction

These parents are pushing their kid into this, probably want to have a sensation in their home. Really sad.

Applause madam, applause. You are a good parent.

Some Parents would fail to correct their children when they are young, they'll later grow up and become gay and say "it's a gay gene, we are normal"

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Co Sleep Safely With Your Baby / Brand New LG Washing Machine For Sale ( Still In The Carton) / Meet The Beautiful Ladies In President Muhammadu Buhari’s Life - PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.