Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,990 members, 7,810,764 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Please How Is Party Jollof Rice Cooked? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Please How Is Party Jollof Rice Cooked? (2034 Views)

When You Mix Ghana And Nigerian Jollof Rice (Video) / Would You Eat This Preserved Jollof Rice? / The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Is Party Jollof Rice Cooked? by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 25, 2015
Do y'all notice that whenever u go to a party, and eat the jollof rice, it has a special kinda flavour? its so sweet and unique. yes! i rly wanna knw how its cooked smiley any caterer or sm1 who knws how to cook it should pls teach me.
Re: Please How Is Party Jollof Rice Cooked? by flinton(m): 8:43am On Jan 25, 2015
EroticAngelina:
Do y'all notice that whenever u go to a party, and eat the jollof rice, it has a special kinda flavour? its so sweet and unique. yes! i rly wanna knw how its cooked smiley any caterer or sm1 who knws how to cook it should pls teach me.
The same way u prepare yours, but with lots of ingredients!

1 Like

Re: Please How Is Party Jollof Rice Cooked? by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 25, 2015
Buy all dose large metal pots. And use firewood to cook it. Dr is a special ingredient for it sha. D rice also has to get burnt under, it also adds to d taste. Lol so I heard. Why dnt u involve urself someday with th kitchen women wen dr is an occasion smth like a traditional marriage, u wil learn alot

1 Like

Re: Please How Is Party Jollof Rice Cooked? by Skillfullulu(m): 9:27am On Jan 25, 2015
The taste is always different, the flavour is always unique, home cooked one no dey fit taste like party one.
Re: Please How Is Party Jollof Rice Cooked? by dammywapes(m): 11:24am On Jan 25, 2015
Jollo party na jollo awon aye grin . Party jollof dey get different taste but the ingredient we use @ ohm s different frm d one of parry and s been cooked with firewood. D ingredient s d different sha n ow s been cooked. If u wanna cook that , link up wit one alase for ur area to teach u.
Re: Please How Is Party Jollof Rice Cooked? by myselfonly: 12:51pm On Jan 25, 2015
http://www.dooneyskitchen.com/2013/05/28/party-jollof-rice/

Visit this site and you'll have not just your 'party jollof rice' but many amazing dishes. Just remember to bookmark it.
Re: Please How Is Party Jollof Rice Cooked? by dorofine(f): 1:36pm On Jan 25, 2015
Ingredients : rice,
grinded pepper (tomatoes tatase and rodo)

Vegetable oil

Chicken stock or beef stock(I prefer chicken stock)

Knorr cubes

Bay leaf

Curry, thyme

Onions

Tin tomatoes

1)Parboiled the rice,rinse with cold water and sieve

2)pour the vegetable oil in a pot and pour the grinded pepper, chopped onion and tin tomatoes, allow it to fry a little

3)Add the chicken stock and allow it to boil

4)Add the drained parboil rice, curry, thyme bay leaf, salt and maggi (the water level should be the same level of the rice this is to ensure the water dries up by the time the rice is done)

5)cover the pot and allow to cook on medium heat

6)(optional) when the rice is done add ring sliced onion and tomatoes and allow to steam with the rice
Re: Please How Is Party Jollof Rice Cooked? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 25, 2015
thanks so much y'all!
Re: Please How Is Party Jollof Rice Cooked? by xreal: 7:15am On Jan 27, 2015
dorofine:
Ingredients : rice,
grinded pepper (tomatoes tatase and rodo)

Vegetable oil

Chicken stock or beef stock(I prefer chicken stock)

Knorr cubes

Bay leaf

Curry, thyme

Onions

Tin tomatoes

1)Parboiled the rice,rinse with cold water and sieve

2)pour the vegetable oil in a pot and pour the grinded pepper, chopped onion and tin tomatoes, allow it to fry a little

3)Add the chicken stock and allow it to boil

4)Add the drained parboil rice, curry, thyme bay leaf, salt and maggi (the water level should be the same level of the rice this is to ensure the water dries up by the time the rice is done)

5)cover the pot and allow to cook on medium heat

6)(optional) when the rice is done add ring sliced onion and tomatoes and allow to steam with the rice

thank you.
Re: Please How Is Party Jollof Rice Cooked? by dorofine(f): 7:31am On Jan 27, 2015
xreal:

thank you.
you are welcome
Re: Please How Is Party Jollof Rice Cooked? by Oskilala: 7:44pm On Feb 04, 2015
They normally add butter, and make sure u stir with a 2x4 wood....#partyrice# cool

(1) (Reply)

Water Fountain Available For Your Cake Table/stand / What Do White People Do With Cow Leg, Head And Intestines. / BBNaija:Miracle inspired this Low Fat, Pocket Friendly Potato Porridge Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.