Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Maiduguri Under Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maiduguri Under Attack (993 Views)

Boko Haram: Maiduguri Under Heavy Artillery Attack / Maiduguri Under Attack. Details Later / Maiduguri Under Heavy Boko Haram Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maiduguri Under Attack by Phillfree(m): 10:01am On Jan 25, 2015
The Borno state capital has been under attack by the
Boko Haram insurgents since Sunday morning.
There have been heavy shooting in parts of Maiduguri
with some residents running out of their houses.
Although the military has sent an alert urging residents
not to panic, residents who spoke with The Nation says “the situation is
very critical and we are not sure of our safety.”

Details soon.

Re: Maiduguri Under Attack by Realist5: 10:04am On Jan 25, 2015
Why today? Why not on Thursday?

2 Likes

Re: Maiduguri Under Attack by Moblord(m): 10:07am On Jan 25, 2015
Yeah heard it too. Travelers were stopped also
Re: Maiduguri Under Attack by dotexxxy(m): 10:12am On Jan 25, 2015
Re: Maiduguri Under Attack by Fash20: 10:17am On Jan 25, 2015
Re: Maiduguri Under Attack by Bosegelu(m): 10:23am On Jan 25, 2015
It is true that Maiduguri is under severe attack .I watched the scenario on Aljazera 10 o'clock Breaking News.God save us o.
Re: Maiduguri Under Attack by yommyphresh(m): 10:26am On Jan 25, 2015
Ok! We know we have a Govt. who obviously can't fight the insurgency.

But then, will the whole world just sit and watch Nigeria BURN

This is really saddening. I don't stay in the north but I can imagine how life will be so miserable for people living there. All they do is live in perpetual fear everyday of their lives, hoping not to be the next victim!

Has any1 of us eva imagined wat it'll be like if d insurgency was happening right under our own nose? Try to imagine the FEAR, UNCERTAINTY, HOPELESSNESS, DEATHS around you, WAILING, GNASHING of teeth, MENTAL DISORDER et.al

I'm just thinking that for everyone that loves Nigeria, we should start a campaign and reach out to the rest of the world. We honestly can't continue like this. #PleaseSaveNigeria

3 Likes

Re: Maiduguri Under Attack by Sylvarresta(m): 10:27am On Jan 25, 2015
Realist5:
Why today? Why not on Thursday?
I wonder o, probably they knw their C-N-C was coming
Re: Maiduguri Under Attack by etin06(m): 10:31am On Jan 25, 2015
instead of all those soldiers to go fight this boko haram to a stand still them just dey adokiye stadium for rivers state want to use the stadium by force meanwhile innocent Nigerians are dying in borno state. God help Nigeria.
Re: Maiduguri Under Attack by nationwide1(m): 10:32am On Jan 25, 2015
I saw it coming. Why should the governor and Shehu of Borno welcome Jonathan’s campaign train? That's all.

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri Under Attack by yaqub07: 10:33am On Jan 25, 2015
So he didn't get support on thursday and now he is sending his Boys to attack what a clueless human being.well your time is up!

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri Under Attack by Burger01(m): 10:33am On Jan 25, 2015
Sylvarresta:
I wonder o, probably they knw their C-N-C was coming
You took the words right outa my mouthcheesy

But, Op, na militants dey the picture you used. Boko haram are malnourished and not well fed like those in the picture. Put the right picture..

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri Under Attack by lacasa: 10:34am On Jan 25, 2015
Y the attack after GeJ left Maiduguri?

"BokoHaram is PDP" - Andrew owoye Azazi (Late NSA)

*they r doing everything possible to deny Borno, Yobe n' Adamawa states from voting" which are Buhari strong voters

2 Likes

Re: Maiduguri Under Attack by Skako(m): 10:37am On Jan 25, 2015
etin06:
instead of all those soldiers to go fight this boko haram to a stand still them just dey adokiye stadium for rivers state want to use the stadium by force meanwhile innocent Nigerians are dying in borno state. God help Nigeria.
na true talk
so we must vote for change
Re: Maiduguri Under Attack by Skako(m): 10:48am On Jan 25, 2015
etin06:
na true talk
so we must vote for change

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News:- Obasanjo Defects To APC / Is There Someone Aside GEJ And GMB? / Clear Photos From President Jonathan's Visit To The Lord's Chosen Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.