Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,842 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Jega Insists INEC Is Ready For Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jega Insists INEC Is Ready For Elections (982 Views)

INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike / Jonathan ‘ll Deploy Soldiers For Elections – Fayose / Court: No Troops For Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jega Insists INEC Is Ready For Elections by olokfor: 2:44pm On Feb 18, 2015
Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission(INEC), Prof Attahiru Jega on Wednesday insisted that the commission was ready to conduct the general elections.

Jega, who appeared before the Senate, said the commission is almost done with the production of the Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs).

He stated the six weeks period of extension for the election will further ensure free and fair elections.

Jega also used his appearance before the Upper Chamber to display the workings of the PVCs and Card Reader Machines to the Senators.

He insisted that the commission will not allow the use of Temporary Voter Cards (TVCs) for the elections, saying that would create problems during the elections.

Jega is still before the Senate as at the time this report was filed.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/02/jega-insists-inec-is-ready-for-elections.html
Re: Jega Insists INEC Is Ready For Elections by Trinxie(f): 2:49pm On Feb 18, 2015
Really?
Re: Jega Insists INEC Is Ready For Elections by dealslip(f): 2:57pm On Feb 18, 2015
Having successfully destroying PDP. OBJ must be enjoying all the political affection and attention he is getting at the moment. I am just worried that OBJ and Tinubu who couldn't see eye to eye a few years ago are now best of pals singing the same song and somehow Atiku and OBJ, two sworn enemies are in the same camp endorsing a man they jointly defeated in the 2003 polls. I am confused about this kind of change where corrupt ex presidents and VP implicated in the Haliburton scam are also shouting corruption. The same Haliburton scandal that fetched a US congressman jail time. I can still stomach Buhari but the presence of these guys back in the presidency makes me jittery: Atiku, OBJ and Tinubu all in one group. Beware of this sophisticated pimps. I believe they joined the change train to protect their investments and interest. Nigerians shine your eyes, this isn't change, this is continuation. This is the reason we must be careful about politician, they become united when they smell power and money. Our participation is all they need not our contribution.
Buhari though disciplined to an extent cannot do it alone at that age. Nigeria is a lot more volatile and complex than what it used to be in the early 80s. These are the guys to advice him and place people into positions that matter. May we eventually get the change we actually wished for. Before you join them in heating up the polity ensure you get a guarantee from them that they, their children, wives, friends who have benefited from them would be the first line of defence while we follow from a distance. If they are so passionate about this democracy and want to show their full commitment then they must lead by example starting from the battle field. Since they love us so much then they must show it first by leading any protest that may occur as a result of any anomalies from the forthcoming election. Jonathan might join APC tomorrow and he would be welcomed with pomp and pageantry. Do not lose sleep or your life over them, they are only doing their jobs. Remember 3 million people died in the Civil war, there are no monuments to even recognise or appreciate the blood they sacrificed for Nigeria which unfortunately is still a country not a nation. The seams joining us are bursting at the hems due to the magnanimity and genourosity of our politician preaching division and hate. Please protect your life. Do not promote or encourage violence, Nigerians will suffer most.
Re: Jega Insists INEC Is Ready For Elections by midolian(m): 3:08pm On Feb 18, 2015
JEGA, TELL THEM..
Re: Jega Insists INEC Is Ready For Elections by midolian(m): 3:10pm On Feb 18, 2015
dealslip:
Having successfully destroying PDP. OBJ must be enjoying all the political affection and attention he is getting at the moment. I am just worried that OBJ and Tinubu who couldn't see eye to eye a few years ago are now best of pals singing the same song and somehow Atiku and OBJ, two sworn enemies are in the same camp endorsing a man they jointly defeated in the 2003 polls. I am confused about this kind of change where corrupt ex presidents and VP implicated in the Haliburton scam are also shouting corruption. The same Haliburton scandal that fetched a US congressman jail time. I can still stomach Buhari but the presence of these guys back in the presidency makes me jittery: Atiku, OBJ and Tinubu all in one group. Beware of this sophisticated pimps. I believe they joined the change train to protect their investments and interest. Nigerians shine your eyes, this isn't change, this is continuation. This is the reason we must be careful about politician, they become united when they smell power and money. Our participation is all they need not our contribution.
Buhari though disciplined to an extent cannot do it alone at that age. Nigeria is a lot more volatile and complex than what it used to be in the early 80s. These are the guys to advice him and place people into positions that matter. May we eventually get the change we actually wished for. Before you join them in heating up the polity ensure you get a guarantee from them that they, their children, wives, friends who have benefited from them would be the first line of defence while we follow from a distance. If they are so passionate about this democracy and want to show their full commitment then they must lead by example starting from the battle field. Since they love us so much then they must show it first by leading any protest that may occur as a result of any anomalies from the forthcoming election. Jonathan might join APC tomorrow and he would be welcomed with pomp and pageantry. Do not lose sleep or your life over them, they are only doing their jobs. Remember 3 million people died in the Civil war, there are no monuments to even recognise or appreciate the blood they sacrificed for Nigeria which unfortunately is still a country not a nation. The seams joining us are bursting at the hems due to the magnanimity and genourosity of our politician preaching division and hate. Please protect your life. Do not promote or encourage violence, Nigerians will suffer most.
I ll mark your essay when am less busy

2 Likes

Re: Jega Insists INEC Is Ready For Elections by thinkdip(m): 3:14pm On Feb 18, 2015
and they blame Gej.
Re: Jega Insists INEC Is Ready For Elections by Oklander: 3:19pm On Feb 18, 2015
midolian:
I ll mark your essay when am less busy
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Jega Insists INEC Is Ready For Elections by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 18, 2015
A - Against
G - Goodluck
E - Ebele
J - Jonathan

Read the alphabets from bottom up....
The posters below read it from top.
This government seff
Re: Jega Insists INEC Is Ready For Elections by baybeeboi: 3:27pm On Feb 18, 2015
Ddnt they say that b4 d elections were postponed?
Jega just as confused.

1 Like

Re: Jega Insists INEC Is Ready For Elections by DaGC(m): 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2015
If they are still producing PVCs like he said, plus the revelation today by the Cross River REC, then the postponement of the election is justified. Hopefully, by the new date (March 28 and April 11), everything will be in place.
Re: Jega Insists INEC Is Ready For Elections by Akpan107(m): 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2015
midolian:
JEGA, TELL THEM..
hmmmm...

(1) (Reply)

Anyim Pius Anyim Turns 54 Today - Happy Birthday To Him / I Underestimated Boko Haram – Jonathan / How Edo Pastors Shared ‘N7 Billion PDP Bribe’ – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.