Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Why Don't Pastors Preach These Verses? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Don't Pastors Preach These Verses? (5091 Views)

Why Don't Pastors Tithe? / Why Don't Nigerian pastors Preach Against Corruption? / Christians Please Explain These Verses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Why Don't Pastors Preach These Verses? by JUBILEE2000: 9:23am On Feb 02, 2015
IamDejman:
The Deuteronomy style of Tithing is different to the New testament. Study these verses smiley

Isaiah 43: 18-19
18 Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.

19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it?...

Hebrews 7:5 -
And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham

Luke 18:12 - I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

1 Corinthians Chapter 16: 1-2
1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.

2 Upon the first [day] of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as [God] hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

I pray you get inspirations from above in your cause of meditating on it. Amen

How does this your post address the issue of tithing? I thank God He has started opening the eyes of many concerning tithes. Very soon tha Apostles of tithing will realise how obsolete that doctrine has become. The painful part of this scam is that some of them (men of God) know the truth but greed will not allow them to embrace the truth.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Pastors Preach These Verses? by JUBILEE2000: 10:10am On Feb 02, 2015
thegoodone2:
not to leave the other undone. the other here is tithe.which mean he said we should be doing the two.

Jesus was talking to the Pharisees who were still under the law at that time the statement was made. Paul evangelized the gentiles and travelled far and wide without collecting tithe from anyone. If God calls a man He equips him(money inclusive) without resorting to twisting of scriptures for gain.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ways Of Preaching The Gospel / Picture Of White Garment Church Member Kissing / Who Is An Overcomer? - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.