Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,356 members, 7,868,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:25 AM

What Has The Present Government Done In Your State And How Does It Affect You? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has The Present Government Done In Your State And How Does It Affect You? (438 Views)

When Will The People Stop Blaming The Present Government / Comparing The Old And Present Government In Imo State / States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Has The Present Government Done In Your State And How Does It Affect You? by abysirius(m): 3:46pm On Jan 25, 2015
The caption I believe is one good question that every right thinking nigerian needs to ask his or herself especially in this very crucial period. The way a man thinks is what differentiates him from his neighbour next door. There isn't any reason y I should just join d bandwagon without any good reason. Has d incumbent govt. done it better or do u think the other guy could have done it better if given the chance? This and many more are some other questions popping thru ma mind.

Not sure if I really have any expectations from our govt.. But I've seen a couple of things that I just feel needs to be said out. There's no reason why things should be made worse if it can't be better. I live in Lagos, somewhere at Igando. I work at Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja.

These are my observations in Lagos:

1. LAWMA: They're doing a great job. Over a decade ago we used to have heaps of dirts as decorations on the lagos roads. Lagosians would dump their refuse on the roads then. Abeokuta Expressway (Abule Egba - Oshodi) then was an eyesore. It was so bad that the dirts in some bus stops would almost impede the free flow of traffic. But today it has disappeared. Whatever way they were able to achieve that is a 'yes' for me.

2. Motor Parks/Market Sanitizations: Oshodi market is a phenomenon. That place was completely changed from the horrible look it used to wear to another sweet decent place entirely. Back then I would avoid using Oshodi when returning from school just to avoid the hustle and bustling there. Other areas were equally touched like that and today the story is different. It a transformation that Lagos can't easily forget and that needs to be sustained.

3. LAMATA/LASTMA: While I believe they can do more, there performance hasn't been bad. BRT is one good reason why other transporters in lagos have been lenient with lagosians (passengers). As inefficient as people may claim, they've been able to put stability in that area as transporters cannot hike their fares anyhow. Also imagine lagos in the hands of just 'yellow fevers' and their brodas in black only. I never knew how important these pple could be until one rainy day when I was returning from work and all their officers on duty had left becos of the rainfall. The whole place was locked down. I think they bring some sorts of sanity to out roads. And then d okada ban.. For me, I say 'yes'. We don't need okadas. For d pple in the bizness of okadas I'm sorry.. But u need to either go back to ur first trade/vocation or look for another business to do. All these people av one thing or the other that they were doing but suddenly turned to Okada becos of the bad state of things in dis country especially the problem of epileptic power supply which have crippled pple's business.

In Nigeria as a whole, I noticed a high rate of unemployed youth. Please I'm not here to discourage anyone. Of what use is the certificate that we get but can't find any job to do with it. I graduated in 2009, served in 2010/2011 (batch B Aba) with some very good frnds. About 10 of us then. It's been 5 yrs now and only 2 of us now av a job. Even from my dept. Lautech '09 Class, only 5% of us is doing something.

High rate of corruption: More than ever, this administration is corrupt. The fact that our govt. at any point or the other doesn't deem it fit to try any of the said culprits of corruption openly means the govt. is a partisan of such act.

Like I said, they could av left it the way they met it, of course pple would still criticize them but the backlash wouldn't have been this much.

Please note that all politicians are thieves, and one can only be better than the other.

So while we wait for February 14th and 28th to come before we exercise our civic right, don't let ur emotions, the candidate's religion, or your ethnicity influence ur decision. If you believe in Nigeria then u will be around to enjoy it when the table is set.. My philosophy has alwys been PDP at Federal and APC at State because I believe in their programmes. But do I still share the same view? Time will tell..

I reside somewhere in Lagos and after asking myself the same question, the above was my thought.

You can ask question or questions. Or better still u can as well post ur comment. It's a free world after all!

(1) (Reply)

PVC Collection For Newly Registered Persons / NEMA Registers 5,000 Sacked Monguno Residents In Maiduguri / Ex- Petroleum Minister Vows To Lead Battle Against Patience Jonathan In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.