Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,464 members, 7,830,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Is It Possible To Switch To Thumb Start Ignition - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Possible To Switch To Thumb Start Ignition (7086 Views)

Is It Possible For A Car Doing 120/km To Overtake Another At The Same Speed? / What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition / The Word 'MAINT' Blinks About 7 To 8 Times When I Turn On Ignition. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Switch To Thumb Start Ignition by elijah101(m): 7:27pm On Jan 25, 2015
If so , give me contacts of who can get it done , i think i saw it one time on NL
Re: Is It Possible To Switch To Thumb Start Ignition by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 25, 2015
elijah101:
If so , give me contacts of who can get it done , i think i saw it one time on NL

Be clear on this.

Do you mean thumb print, or push button? Because they're 2 very different systems.
Re: Is It Possible To Switch To Thumb Start Ignition by elijah101(m): 7:51pm On Jan 25, 2015
Push button sir
Re: Is It Possible To Switch To Thumb Start Ignition by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 25, 2015
elijah101:
Push button sir

In that case bro, the answer is yes.

What car do you have, as in make, model and year?
Re: Is It Possible To Switch To Thumb Start Ignition by Ukeachu1(m): 8:42pm On Jan 25, 2015
elijah101:
ogam if u do thumb print if those boys come they go cut ur thumb go o. just kidding

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Switch To Thumb Start Ignition by elijah101(m): 8:45pm On Jan 25, 2015
2005 toyota corola sir
Re: Is It Possible To Switch To Thumb Start Ignition by chillex8(m): 10:18pm On Jan 25, 2015
Contact Ladywise on nairaland..

I saw one advertised on her 2014 thread for 80k then..

Dollar is N208 now
Re: Is It Possible To Switch To Thumb Start Ignition by doroboss(m): 10:57pm On Jan 25, 2015
Bus drivers have been installing it since 1960 it costs 100naira tops grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Switch To Thumb Start Ignition by ekeochaeke: 2:49am On Jan 26, 2015
doroboss:
bro u are harsh oh.
Re: Is It Possible To Switch To Thumb Start Ignition by sonnie10: 3:54am On Jan 26, 2015
doroboss:

true, danfo drivers have been using door bells for a quicker start ever since.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Switch To Thumb Start Ignition by elijah101(m): 4:41am On Jan 26, 2015
seriously guys
Re: Is It Possible To Switch To Thumb Start Ignition by stephcruse(m): 4:30pm On Jan 27, 2015
guy you can also use it for horn self.
Re: Is It Possible To Switch To Thumb Start Ignition by Edunwa302(m): 7:55pm On Jan 28, 2015
You can order the full installation kit from eBay and just find a good auto electrician to install it for you
Re: Is It Possible To Switch To Thumb Start Ignition by Denn(m): 10:11pm On Jan 28, 2015
Security wise.... How do you mitigate against unwanted entrants?
Re: Is It Possible To Switch To Thumb Start Ignition by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 29, 2015
Denn:
Security wise.... How do you mitigate against unwanted entrants?

Security remains the same, as the key still needs to be utilised in unlocking the doors, and switching on the ignition.

Without the key, the vehicle can't be started, nor the steering wheel unlocked.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Switch To Thumb Start Ignition by kakameks: 10:02am On Jan 29, 2015
^^^
So the push start is only for starting the car? do i still need to turn the ignition on with the key before using the push start or i didnot understand your post?

I was assuming that if the key ignition can be changed to the push button type then it will come with the associated bluetooth key and all. Though the door will still need to be locked with a key except that it too can be changed to the bluetooth keyless entry type.
Re: Is It Possible To Switch To Thumb Start Ignition by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:12am On Jan 29, 2015
kakameks:
^^^
So the push start is only for starting the car? do i still need to turn the ignition on with the key before using the push start or i didnot understand your post?

I was assuming that if the key ignition can be changed to the push button type then it will come with the associated bluetooth key and all. Though the door will still need to be locked with a key except that it too can be changed to the bluetooth keyless entry type.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FBQwxm0uYo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Switch To Thumb Start Ignition by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 29, 2015
kakameks:
^^^

Yes to the first part of your post.

No to the second
Re: Is It Possible To Switch To Thumb Start Ignition by mrayosexy: 4:36pm On Dec 07, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FBQwxm0uYo

What's d point then.....it dosent make any sense to start with two hands. The point is to start ur car without using any key like the lexus and all....but if u still have to switch d engine on with a key bfor starting...then it's pointless.
Re: Is It Possible To Switch To Thumb Start Ignition by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:44am On Dec 09, 2016
mrayosexy:

What's d point then.....it dosent make any sense to start with two hands. The point is to start ur car without using any key like the lexus and all....but if u still have to switch d engine on with a key bfor starting...then it's pointless.

thats what makes your car unique from the rest middle class car eg jaquar etc they all sometimes have start button that unique fron your standard toyota

just like car that has heated steering wheel

mnay people would find it cool starting a car by putting key on then press a button to start
Re: Is It Possible To Switch To Thumb Start Ignition by blackfm: 4:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
I've actually seen this in a 2005 corolla sport and the keyhole was replaced with a push to start button,no key anymore just the remote. The guys said he did it in ibadan

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed Lexus Es330 Vs Benz E320 / Toyota Camry 2010 Vs Honda Accord 2010-why Is Toyota More Marketable? / Just Bought A Used Car? What Next?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.