Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,051 members, 7,835,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Cyanogen Wants To Take Android Away From Google - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Cyanogen Wants To Take Android Away From Google (936 Views)

The Reason Why Tecno And The Likes Will Never Run Cyanogen / New Handwriting Keyboard From Google For Android / Microsoft Goes Sleeping With Cyanogen , Fork You Google (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cyanogen Wants To Take Android Away From Google by talktimi(m): 1:51am On Jan 26, 2015
According to Android Authority, Kirt McMaster, the outspoken CEO of Cyanogen Inc., introduced himself this way at a symposium:

I’m the CEO of Cyanogen. We’re attempting to take Android away from Google.

He further went on to present Cyanogen’s new drive:

We’re making a version of Android that is more open so we can integrate with more partners so their servicers can be tier one services, so startups working on [artificial intelligence] or other problems don’t get stuck having you have to launch a stupid little application that inevitably gets acquired by Google or Apple. These companies can thrive on non-Google Android.

We’ve barely scratched the surface in regards to what mobile can be. Today, Cyanogen has some dependence on Google. Tomorrow, it will not. We will not be based on some derivative of Google in three to five years. There will be services that are doing the same old bulls— with Android, and then there will be something different. That is where we’re going here.

Cyanogen

You can read all the juicy details over at Android Authority.

This is a tall vision by Cyanogen. It certainly isn’t going to be a walk in the park. What do you think of it all?
Re: Cyanogen Wants To Take Android Away From Google by gemiclem(m): 2:13am On Jan 26, 2015
hmm
Re: Cyanogen Wants To Take Android Away From Google by Curiouscat: 6:19am On Jan 26, 2015
Nice development..
Re: Cyanogen Wants To Take Android Away From Google by Dani4tech(m): 6:25am On Jan 26, 2015
Hmmm... undecided fingers crossed
Re: Cyanogen Wants To Take Android Away From Google by Nobody: 6:42am On Jan 26, 2015
[url=hsgfwq65e..com]
Even though I HATE PDP with passion, there are still gentlemen folks dia..esp yar'aduas in law...Isa Yuguda[/url]
Re: Cyanogen Wants To Take Android Away From Google by talktimi(m): 8:36am On Jan 26, 2015
Good for them.

Windows Phone & blackberry all the way for me cool
Re: Cyanogen Wants To Take Android Away From Google by akashi01(m): 8:46am On Jan 26, 2015
This guys are good,but mehn they won't succeed with that at all

Google no be their father mate
Re: Cyanogen Wants To Take Android Away From Google by ITbomb(m): 10:28am On Jan 26, 2015
With Google bringing out Android L aka Lockdown with Xposed having issues, maybe its time to look for an alternative.
I was actually waiting for Windows 10 but let them give a try

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help On My Infinix X501 / The Kind Of Battery You Wish For Your Smartphone (photo) / 3 Top Kept Secrets About Infinix Hot Note Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.