Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

A Toyota Camry 2.4 (big For Nothing) Or A Honda Eod? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Toyota Camry 2.4 (big For Nothing) Or A Honda Eod? (13867 Views)

A Toyota SUV Burnt Along Enugu-Onitsha Express Way. PICTURES / Container Falls On A Toyota Hiace Bus Along Ilasa-Oshodi Expressway (Pictured) / Why Is This Car Called 'Big For Nothing'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Toyota Camry 2.4 (big For Nothing) Or A Honda Eod? by Blankstare(m): 12:39pm On Oct 30, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
in your dreams.u go change engine tire. Lol.how big daddy go last pass 5 EOD,no dey lie.Eod is a solid ride,stop buying accidented cars.Big daddy that turns to scrap easily

Big daddy will actually outlast many Honda EODs, check any car stand today and see for yourself... Toyota has durable parts than honda...

1 Like

Re: A Toyota Camry 2.4 (big For Nothing) Or A Honda Eod? by adisacool: 1:13pm On Oct 30, 2022
Your beliefs.
I will go for any Honda than Toyota.
When you need comfort and rest of mind, Honda value speaks.
Toyota is being hyped in naija due to the high demand for Uber usage allowing the price to go high.
While Honda is being ignored due to the leg pulling and that is the ignorance of the user.
I have an EOD going to 6 years and I drive it almost everyday, it has never disappointed me, I have never experienced what sounds it gives when the leg is about pulling.
Cost of maintenance is good.
Fuel ⛽ consumption is good.
Smooth drive and peace of mind assured.
I have never for one day regretted buying a Honda car.
Do not be deceived by Toyota high demand.

5 Likes

Re: A Toyota Camry 2.4 (big For Nothing) Or A Honda Eod? by Jamie1000: 12:30am On Oct 31, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
in your dreams.u go change engine tire. Lol.how big daddy go last pass 5 EOD,no dey lie.Eod is a solid ride,stop buying accidented cars.Big daddy that turns to scrap easily
I have used both cars and I know what reliability is. And I know people who have used both EOD and Big Daddy. Infact they are no match in terms of reliability. Google or watch YouTube. That car is 15-20 years old. Still runs good with chilling AC. Any one you see that turns scrap is not properly maintained. Why do you think alot of people use it for Uber. Try using EOD and see, if you will not change engine in one month. Ppl buy it because of it's reliability even when EOD is cheaper. As for the engine, it's lack of maintenance. Don't let it over heat. They come with a better Engine than 07-09 muscle. Their interior doesn't detioriate like others. Solidly made car..Google and watch YouTube. Educate yourself and stop using Naija Mentality as yardsticks. The worst Honda Accord with least reliability is EOD. The transmission is not reliable. but, the ones with 2.4 liter engine is good. The legs pulls if you are not careful...While Big daddy with 10 pin transmission is more reliable and more fuel efficient from 02-06. With a 2.4 litre engine that aren't notorious for oil burn. The Camrys with 2.5 liter engine and 13 pin Gear box are least reliable. (07-09)
Drive round your city. 4/6 breakdown on the highway is EOD. Reliability is when a car can take you from point A-B without breakdown.

Why is EOD sold cheaper even when the interior is finer

Why are ppl leaving it for Toyota?
Reliability is more important in cars than Beauty

4 Likes

Re: A Toyota Camry 2.4 (big For Nothing) Or A Honda Eod? by lildush(m): 2:47am On Oct 31, 2022
chucky234:
Unskilled LIAR.

Bro Toyota is better than EOD I have used both.. even the fuel consumption.. Toyota is better. The legs.. Toyota is better. AC. Toyota is better. Availability of parts.. Toyota is better. I can go on n on

4 Likes

Re: A Toyota Camry 2.4 (big For Nothing) Or A Honda Eod? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:42pm On Oct 31, 2022
Jamie1000:

I have used both cars and I know what reliability is. And I know people who have used both EOD and Big Daddy. Infact they are no match in terms of reliability. Google or watch YouTube. That car is 15-20 years old. Still runs good with chilling AC. Any one you see that turns scrap is not properly maintained. Why do you think alot of people use it for Uber. Try using EOD and see, if you will not change engine in one month. Ppl buy it because of it's reliability even when EOD is cheaper. As for the engine, it's lack of maintenance. Don't let it over heat. They come with a better Engine than 07-09 muscle. Their interior doesn't detioriate like others. Solidly made car..Google and watch YouTube. Educate yourself and stop using Naija Mentality as yardsticks. The worst Honda Accord with least reliability is EOD. The transmission is not reliable. but, the ones with 2.4 liter engine is good. The legs pulls if you are not careful...While Big daddy with 10 pin transmission is more reliable and more fuel efficient from 02-06. With a 2.4 litre engine that aren't notorious for oil burn. The Camrys with 2.5 liter engine and 13 pin Gear box are least reliable. (07-09)
Drive round your city. 4/6 breakdown on the highway is EOD. Reliability is when a car can take you from point A-B without breakdown.

will still pick an Eod over bigdaddy anytime anyday.most bigdaddy users when engine spoil,na to put for sale.Eod is a very reliable and solid ride .I no sabi type plenty to convince anybody..las las everyone will buy that the want and like.some pple will not even buy the Eod or bigdaddy sef .
Re: A Toyota Camry 2.4 (big For Nothing) Or A Honda Eod? by charlesadeoye(m): 9:25pm On Oct 31, 2022
Jamie1000:

Spot on sir!!!
Re: A Toyota Camry 2.4 (big For Nothing) Or A Honda Eod? by Jamie1000: 9:39pm On Nov 01, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
will still pick an Eod over bigdaddy anytime anyday.most bigdaddy users when engine spoil,na to put for sale.Eod is a very reliable and solid ride .I no sabi type plenty to convince anybody..las las everyone will buy that the want and like.some pple will not even buy the Eod or bigdaddy sef .

That's your choice. Even though Honda is fun to drive. When it comes to handling and zippy acceleration, I prefer the BFN for this reason ( Reliability and Fuel efficiency even with ice cold Ac) what's the point of driving a car when you're not sure, it will take you home. Google worst Accord to avoid. I would rather go for an 011/012 Accord. This has better reliability and better Mpg.

1 Like

Re: A Toyota Camry 2.4 (big For Nothing) Or A Honda Eod? by RuneKingThor: 3:09pm On Nov 20, 2022
Jamie1000:

That's your choice. Even though Honda is fun to drive. When it comes to handling and zippy acceleration, I prefer the BFN for this reason ( Reliability and Fuel efficiency even with ice cold Ac) what's the point of driving a car when you're not sure, it will take you home. Google worst Accord to avoid. I would rather go for an 011/012 Accord. This has better reliability and better Mpg.
The only thing the Toyota has over the Honda is the legs but if you have a good maintenance culture, you would be fine. The fuel efficiency you are talking about is between 500 -1000 naira difference per full tank. That's is so negligible.

That year Camry that is known for transmission issues that people started saying you have to avoid newer models like the 2005 and 2006 so as to be free from it? Whereas in the Honda the major cause of transmission failure is bad oil.

I'd gladly use an Honda and be careful of the legs while enjoying good AC, great sound system and better handling than use a Camry and be scared of oil burn, transmission failure that they will have to use old gear called 10 pin so as to avoid more failures.

12-15k for the legs per 6-8 months won't kill me as it will be part of normal maintenance. Than almost 500k for engine and transmission.

3 Likes

Re: A Toyota Camry 2.4 (big For Nothing) Or A Honda Eod? by Jamie1000: 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2022
RuneKingThor:

The only thing the Toyota has over the Honda is the legs but if you have a good maintenance culture, you would be fine. The fuel efficiency you are talking about is between 500 -1000 naira difference per full tank. That's is so negligible.

That year Camry that is known for transmission issues that people started saying you have to avoid newer models like the 2005 and 2006 so as to be free from it? Whereas in the Honda the major cause of transmission failure is bad oil.

I'd gladly use an Honda and be careful of the legs while enjoying good AC, great sound system and better handling than use a Camry and be scared of oil burn, transmission failure that they will have to use old gear called 10 pin so as to avoid more failures.

12-15k for the legs per 6-8 months won't kill me as it will be part of normal maintenance. Than almost 500k for engine and transmission.

Except 06/07 DC... 03-05 Accord also have transmission problems
Re: A Toyota Camry 2.4 (big For Nothing) Or A Honda Eod? by Jamie1000: 9:19pm On Nov 20, 2022
RuneKingThor:

You're right. But, you might end up selling the Accord to go for the same Camry. Many have done it���
Re: A Toyota Camry 2.4 (big For Nothing) Or A Honda Eod? by RuneKingThor: 9:27pm On Nov 20, 2022
Jamie1000:

You're right. But, you might end up selling the Accord to go for the same Camry. Many have done it���
I see no reason why I would do such a thing.
Re: A Toyota Camry 2.4 (big For Nothing) Or A Honda Eod? by Jamie1000: 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2022
RuneKingThor:

If your Camry is sound. Those problems doesn't come frequently.. .. The sound system in those Camrys are JBL sound. The AC is ice cold. 1 quat of oil every 1500miles isn't a problem, considering the job the car does. Transmission failure most times is because of abuse. It affects even Accords. You don't know how stressful it is for legs to pull in a lonely road or when you're chasing a million naira job or contract. Why do transport company use the Camry instead of Accords? We are talking about Reliability. Why should an 03 Camry cost the same amount as an 07 Honda. I like EOD for it's Beauty a d better handling. But, most times it's like a pig. Dress a pig, wash a pig, a pig is a pig. It will leave you stranded on the road.

2 Likes

Re: A Toyota Camry 2.4 (big For Nothing) Or A Honda Eod? by RuneKingThor: 9:54pm On Nov 20, 2022
Jamie1000:

If your Camry is sound. Those problems doesn't come frequently.. .. The sound system in those Camrys are JBL sound. The AC is ice cold. 1 quat of oil every 1500miles isn't a problem, considering the job the car does. Transmission failure most times is because of abuse. It affects even Accords. You don't know how stressful it is for legs to pull in a lonely road or when you're chasing a million naira job or contract. Why do transport company use the Camry instead of Accords? We are talking about Reliability. Why should an 03 Camry cost the same amount as an 07 Honda. I like EOD for it's Beauty a d better handling. But, most times it's like a pig. Dress a pig, wash a pig, a pig is a pig. It will leave you stranded on the road.
What work will the Camry do that the accord can't?
Concerning the leg issue, if you pay good attention to it, you would be fine. Like I said earlier, 12-15k per 6-8 months as part of preventive maintenance isn't bad. I've read cases of some going for 1 whole year without change. The Chinese knock-off is actually the biggest issue.
What's my business with what transport companies are using? grin grin

The reason the 03 Camry is more expensive than the 06/07 accord is just due to demand for the Camry. And also the Accord Toks isn't as expensive as the Camry, So when it's time to sell the Nigerian used will be cheap too. It's very easy.
Re: A Toyota Camry 2.4 (big For Nothing) Or A Honda Eod? by Jamie1000: 6:11am On Nov 21, 2022
RuneKingThor:

What work will the Camry do that the accord can't?
Concerning the leg issue, if you pay good attention to it, you would be fine. Like I said earlier, 12-15k per 6-8 months as part of preventive maintenance isn't bad. I've read cases of some going for 1 whole year without change. The Chinese knock-off is actually the biggest issue.
What's my business with what transport companies are using? grin grin

The reason the 03 Camry is more expensive than the 06/07 accord is just due to demand for the Camry. And also the Accord Toks isn't as expensive as the Camry, So when it's time to sell the Nigerian used will be cheap too. It's very easy.

Remember the comparison is with EOD not DC. Personally, I like the fact that 07 DC has a better transmission than EODs. The only draw back is same leg pull. You can manage a bad part like shaft in a Camry untill you have money to fix it. But, not with Accords. Those Camrys are like donkey in the desert. They bearly give up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Evolution Of The Iconic USA Police Ford Car (video) / Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! / 6 Reasons Why Your Car Struggles When Going Uphill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.