Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,986 members, 7,952,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:21 AM

How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse (54596 Views)

Standard Greenhouse, Nethouse and Solar Dryer Construction / Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi / Low Cost Greenhouse From N200,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by innovationafrik: 6:29pm On Jan 27, 2015
It is normal that no matter how you try to give your nascent business a headstart, some people will do everything possible to scuttle it.

It is nonsensical and total hogwash that a practising farmer is the only person that can be a farm solution provider. This notion has been left to flourish on Nairaland and it is been championed by some people in order to give their businesses more mileage.

In other climes, Greenhouses, drip irrigation, nursery sets etc are sold off shelves, some of these sellers will not even visit your farms, all they will do is to give you a telephone/email guidance.

A college Professor will advise a Billionaire entrepreneur on how to make more profit despite the fact that the Professor has never operated the kind of business the Billionaire does.

I have seen non-practising farmers teaching established plantain farmers how to do sucker decapitation and get good suckers.

Young Belgian women came to teach some local cocoa farmers in Ondo state on how to reduce the incidences of Blackpod disease, the knowledge they passed to these farmers helped the farmers a great deal. These Belgian women are not practising farmers.
A woman who started out as a Greenhouse farmer in Kenya closed down her greenhouses because of reasons best known to her, she started building cheap greenhouses for Kenyans, today she has built over 1,000 Greenhouses.

A foreigner will come into Nigeria to start and market a product and everybody will run after his offering but when a young Nigeria tries to do same even offering cheaper prices, some misguided Nigerians will do everything possible to shoot his business down instead of encouraging him.

While I will like people to give me a trial, I will not force anyone to patronise me.

Please note I do not build greenhouses alone, I provide irrigation and organic fertigation solutions.

For bad belle people, I will be unveiling my self built hydroponic (soiless cultivation) PVC pipes system soon on Nairaland.

@obstead200, your comments are great and you have shown justified worries without neccessarily insulting me or trying to pull my business down. I will address your concerns.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by omonnakoda: 6:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
I think it was quite rude and opportunistic to interrupt a great discussion with an advertising pitch. You can do with that view what you like either take it as bad belle or refine your approach . It came across as desperate.

If you have anything serious to sell e,g poly tunnels I would be one of the first to patronize you. Where is your base and showcase your customers.
In the future please do not butt in with random advertising under misleading pretexts. This is not personal but if you choose to take it that way that is your problem. I will leave this thread for you since you started in but bear in mind everything that happens is as a consequence of our actions we are not victims but architects. You are only reaping what you have sown

1 Like

Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by Ufeolorun(m): 8:33pm On Jan 27, 2015
innovationafrik:
It is normal that no matter how you try to give your nascent business a headstart, some people will do everything possible to scuttle it.

It is nonsensical and total hogwash that a practising farmer is the only person that can be a farm solution provider. This notion has been left to flourish on Nairaland and it is been championed by some people in order to give their businesses more mileage.

In other climes, Greenhouses, drip irrigation, nursery sets etc are sold off shelves, some of these sellers will not even visit your farms, all they will do is to give you a telephone/email guidance.

A college Professor will advise a Billionaire entrepreneur on how to make more profit despite the fact that the Professor has never operated the kind of business the Billionaire does.

I have seen non-practising farmers teaching established plantain farmers how to do sucker decapitation and get good suckers.

Young Belgian women came to teach some local cocoa farmers in Ondo state on how to reduce the incidences of Blackpod disease, the knowledge they passed to these farmers helped the farmers a great deal. These Belgian women are not practising farmers.
A woman who started out as a Greenhouse farmer in Kenya closed down her greenhouses because of reasons best known to her, she started building cheap greenhouses for Kenyans, today she has built over 1,000 Greenhouses.

A foreigner will come into Nigeria to start and market a product and everybody will run after his offering but when a young Nigeria tries to do same even offering cheaper prices, some misguided Nigerians will do everything possible to shoot his business down instead of encouraging him.

While I will like people to give me a trial, I will not force anyone to patronise me.

Please note I do not build greenhouses alone, I provide irrigation and organic fertigation solutions.

For bad belle people, I will be unveiling my self built hydroponic (soiless cultivation) PVC pipes system soon on Nairaland.

@obstead200, your comments are great and you have shown justified worries without neccessarily insulting me or trying to pull my business down. I will address your concerns.

The best way to get traction- create a website,People make all sort of claims on this platform however being here is cost effective
I would be really happy if we can get all these skills locally , I have been trawling through books,pdf and sites just to ensure I don't get stuck when I finally stake resource on this venture
People share their experience so others would learn and feed that back into their business plan or process .No one should be dissuaded from commenting even if you have no single seed to your name yet. The other thread on tomatoes by Jethro, one of the few things I learnt is tomato wilt and I have been trawling for disease resistant variety and have found them- potential problem probably avoided
Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by ichidodo: 4:04pm On Jan 28, 2015
innovationafrik:
What is this fantasy about drip irrigation? Drip irrigation allows you to send water to the roots of your plants with great precision. Plants make use of water more efficiently when they get it through their roots.

Let's take this example. A man who is dehydrated and needs water urgently, which is more efficient, pouring water on his head or getting water into his veins? Veins of course, this also applies to plants and that's what drip irrigation does.

With drip irrigation, you can reduce labour hours needed and cost of fertilisation. A turning of a tap can irrigate hectares of land all at once and you use 40-70 percent less water (ain't you saving the Earth). You can also mix your fertiliser and other nutrition in the tank and pass it to the roots of the plants through drip irrigation, you must be trained to do this in order not to kill your plants, its called Fertigation. With fertigation, you will use less fertilisers.

Because drip irrigation does not splash water on the crops, you will greatly reduce Fungi infections and the Bees will not be disturbed.

Do you have small or large plantation of Plantains, Banana, vegetables, Cocoa, Cashew etc, I can install drip irrigation for you at a very low cost, with fertigation you may get over 20 percent more yield.
With drip irrigation can we cater for a water melon farm 50 metre by 100metre with plantin dimension of 1 by 1 metre also with a farm water storage capacity of 3000 litres?? all in one sittin without any need for additional pumping??
Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by innovationafrik: 11:28am On Jan 29, 2015
@ ichidodo

How many Watermelon plants do you intend to have in your 50 metre by 100metre farm? You will need to contact an expert Agronomist who will consider many factors in order to tell you the litres of water your Watermelon plant needs daily.

Drip irrigation rolls with emitter spacing of 1 metre are not too common in Nigeria. Since your water supply is limited, I can design a cheap drip irrigation system for you with emitter spacing of 1 metre using locally available materials.

You will need to contact me personally as I don't like discussing individual projects on Nairaland. I will only attend to general discourse/enquiries on Nairaland. Thanks.
Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by ichidodo: 11:35am On Jan 29, 2015
innovationafrik:

@ ichidodo

How many Watermelon plants do you intend to have in your 50 metre by 100metre farm? You will need to contact an expert Agronomist who will consider many factors in order to tell you the litres of water your Watermelon plant needs daily.

Drip irrigation rolls with emitter spacing of 1 metre are not too common in Nigeria. Since your water supply is limited, I can design a cheap drip irrigation system for you with emitter spacing of 1 metre using locally available materials.

You will need to contact me personally as I don't like discussing individual projects on Nairaland. I will only attend to general discourse/enquiries on Nairaland. Thanks.
I'm going to shoot you a mail with further details..@innovationpro001..
Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by ichidodo: 11:55am On Jan 29, 2015
@innovationafrik you've got mail..
Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by saliubello(m): 7:43pm On Feb 17, 2015
@OP. Hope all is well? Been awhile. The thread is slowing down
Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by iyallaibifuro: 1:34pm On Feb 18, 2015
Can i have a full business plan or fersiblily study green house farm
Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by iyallaibifuro: 1:41pm On Feb 18, 2015
also let me get your contact so that we can talk business very important thanks
Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by PAL123: 11:04am On Feb 21, 2015
@ innovationafrik: wat will the cost of a 8 by 24 greenhouse cost. Also do t=you have seed trays for sale. my mail add is msmaosy@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by endy231: 11:29am On Mar 21, 2015
Nice information. Keep it up bro.
Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by Bonj(m): 3:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
@Innovationafrik, I see you've let a few comments rattle you; you'll need thicker skin to survive the hell called Business bro.

Don't let you thread go cold, some are truly enlightened by your posts. Keep your head up!

4 Likes

Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by highbeeendowed(m): 2:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
How do i start tomatoes farming on just a plot of land
Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by PreferredAgric: 7:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
@innovationagrik: Pls can i have your contact phone number(s) and e-mail address sir
Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by Namos: 5:16pm On Jul 13, 2015
How much can i spent if i want to build green house
Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by sholatech(m): 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2015
Innovationafrik, sent you email weeks ago and no reply from you. I started a greenhouse and I need products from you and also setup of new ones. Please can I have your phone number?
Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by benuejosh: 11:43am On Jul 19, 2015
innovationafrik:

please leave the enemies of progress alone. You still have faithful followers following you thread in as much as we are not commenting. Please carry on with your good works. Hoping I will bring you to soon because apart from the green house for cultivation of vegetables I always want to venture into irrigation farming so with your write up some of us are encouraged, that what we are looking for in sokoto is inside our shokoto.
Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by daniftyone(m): 7:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
I'm interested and I would like to see yours to determine the size I want
Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by Abusamie(m): 12:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
I will like you to connect me @ zeemusaddemo@yahoo.com we have to talk
Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by semmytone: 8:43pm On Dec 15, 2015
pls i need your contact urgently
Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by natefarms: 7:12pm On Dec 28, 2015
The figures you provided for building the greenhouse has completely disqualified you........I'm a greenhouse farmers and builder with over 10years hands on experience.
Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by Abusamie(m): 1:07pm On Jan 26, 2016
please do you know anybody who can teach me how to construct green house ?. I'm ready to learn . what's app 08054247317
Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by coolscott(m): 6:20am On Jan 27, 2016
Re: How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse by chizby(m): 1:11am On Feb 01, 2016
Why don't u post ur phone number? I dey suspect uuu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Watermelon Farming Experience / How I Made Over A Million Naira Growing Pawpaw / Pictorial Details Of A Poultry Farm Project In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.