Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Enyi Ndigbo I Of Otta. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enyi Ndigbo I Of Otta. (581 Views)

Biafra: I’m Doing What Ojukwu Taught Ndigbo, I Deserve Respect – Ngige / Biafra: I’m Doing What Ojukwu Taught Ndigbo, I Deserve Respect – Ngige / Ike Ekweremadu Bags Chieftaincy Title Of Of Enyi Oha 1 Of Okpanku In Enugu(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Enyi Ndigbo I Of Otta. by MayorofLagos(m): 12:52pm On Jan 26, 2015
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Friday cautioned politicians against electoral violence and urged electorates not to be lured into committing electoral malpractices before, during and after the poll.
Mr. Obasanjo said this when an association of Igbo Communities of Lagos and Ogun States led by Ohaneze Ndigbo Ogun State, Ogbueti Nkeze, paid him a courtesy visit at his Presidential Hilltop private residence in Abeokuta.

He also urged voters to be armed with their Permanent Voter Cards, saying one cannot get good governance without participating.
“If we say we want good governance, it is something that we are going to use to get that good governance, and that is our votes”, Mr. Obasanjo stated.
“Therefore, I beg you to go and get your PVC. It is your passport to good governance. If you cannot vote, you cannot get good governance, you cannot have a say in those in government. My own is in my wallet and it is only if you want to steal my money that you can get to see my PVC,” he said.

The former President also wondered why candidates should resort to violence after election.
“I cannot understand why we must engage in violence. Don’t let anybody lure you or use you for electoral violence. Elections should be free, fair and transparent. If you don’t win, take it in good stride, believing that next time you will win. But if you go into violence, you may not even be alive to contest for another election, which you are now going to win. So, my people tell our people not to engage in electoral violence”.

Earlier in his speech, President of the Association, Mr. Nkeze said the visit was meant to identify with the former President and seek his guidance in the next political dispensation.

The traditional head of the Igbo, Willy Ejimkonye, prayed for the Obasanjo family before conferring the title of Enyi Nndigbo which literarily means Friend of the Igbos in Ogun State.
The entourage included the Political Cordinator, Vitalis Onwuelezi, Youth President, Chukwuji Monday, Ifo local government leader of the association I.F Okunamiri, Ezendigbo Alimosho local government, Lagos, Lawrence Nnamdi and the Ezewanyi (Queen) 1 Ndigbo, Ogun State,Tessy Nwaobo.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=206325
Re: Enyi Ndigbo I Of Otta. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:58pm On Jan 26, 2015
Friend Of The Igbos?? May b there ar refering 2 another igbos not d one I know... their envelopes must b a very fat 1
Re: Enyi Ndigbo I Of Otta. by MayorofLagos(m): 1:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Friend Of The Igbos?? May b there ar refering 2 another igbos not d one I know... their envelopes must b a very fat 1

The owners of Lagos, the 45percenters, wanted to register and renew their loyalty to Yoruba people, so they went to Obj to reassure him that Igbo has peaceful intent on the land.

(1) (Reply)

Very Bad: See What APC And PDP Clash Has Done To This Student / An / Over 4 Trillion Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.