Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? (17390 Views)

Inec Postpone Election Due To Pressure From Presidency / Dont Postpone The Elections, NLC Warns / Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by maclatunji: 4:06pm On Jan 26, 2015
Away from the political campaign by the 2 major political parties in the country, there is another issue that has become a source of controversy. It is the collection of Permanent Voter's Card (PVC) by registered voters by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Daily Trust reports: "A total of 15.5 million Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs), representing 29 per cent, are yet to be distributed, according to a document of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)". http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/43979-over-15m-yet-to-get-pvcs

Many Nigerians are agitated by the fact that they have not been able to collect their PVC and the National Security Adviser Sambo Dasuki was reported to have said he had discussed the matter with the INEC Chairman Prof Attahiru Jega, adding that a delay within the time allowed by the law will not be a bad idea.

“That is what we are encouraging at the moment,” he said, noting that INEC had been able to distribute 30 million PVCs but had an outstanding 38.8 million others to hand out. (Source:http://uncova.com/inec-reacts-says-no-going-back-on-february-elections)

“The provision (for holding a general election) is for not more than 90 days and not less than 30 days before the end of the administration. " (Source:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/no-delay-needed-for-nigerian-election-electoral-body/). This means the election could hold as late as April 30, 2015.

So what do you think? Should INEC postpone the elections to allow more Nigerians collect their PVC and vote or should the elections hold regardless of the millions that might potentially miss out on voting if they do not get their PVCs in time?

2 Likes

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by temitemi1(m): 4:09pm On Jan 26, 2015
If it is necessary... GEJ till 2019!!!

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by maclatunji: 4:24pm On Jan 26, 2015
I really do not think the election should be postponed because of 2 reasons:

1. INEC has had 4 years to prepare for this and if it has failed now, a few months postponement of elections won't lead to its success. The whole voter's registration procedure with collection of cards would have to be overhauled after the election.

2. You won't get 100% Voter's collection of PVC even if you give people 100 years. Many just like to complain without actually going out to collect their cards.

I just hope that actual voting materials are ready and we won't experience the fiasco of 4 years ago when the election had to be postponed by a week because ballot papers didn't arrive from the printers on time.

109 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 26, 2015
Postponement will give room for more rigging..

Let them election hold,after all the PVC is said to be secured .

More days should be set aside for the collection of the pvc , with that,more people won't be disenfranchised to vote.

28 Likes

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Dannyset(m): 4:31pm On Jan 26, 2015
CARPENTER "NO"

26 Likes

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
Hell NO!!

INEC had 4years to register,produce,distribute and do a Continous Voters Registration. They just wasted the four years not doing all that.

Elections must hold next month whether Jonathan,Sambo Dasuki and PDP likes it or not!!

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by DaGC(m): 4:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
I understand the concerns of some Nigerians over this issue, citing the current security ish plus the current pre election violence and past records of post election violence, but I still think a post ponement of the elections would do more harm than good. It might bring chaos, destroy the integrity of the electoral body and our democracy.

I think an extension of the PVC collection deadline would be the best solution for now to allow room for more collections.

7 Likes

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Chanchit: 4:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
It won't take you more than an hour to collect the card, it took me less than 10mins, so anybody that has refused to collect his/her PVC till now is probably not planning on collecting or perhaps dead or are no more in Nigeria, cos I saw atleast 5 people that are dead and some that have travelled out of the country on the pasted list(I registered beside my house, so we all know each other. Before person start to quote me) in other words, let the election go on as planned.

18 Likes

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 26, 2015
Dannyset:
CARPENTER "NO"

are you sure you have a certificate, which one be CARPENTER "NO" again?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by DaGC(m): 4:44pm On Jan 26, 2015
Chanchit:
It won't take you more than an hour to collect the card, it took me less than 10mins, so anybody that has refused to collect his/her PVC till now is probably not planning on collecting and perhaps dead, cos I saw atleast 5 people that are dead on the pasted list(I registered beside my house, so we all know each other. Before person start to quote me) in other words, let the election go on as planned.

Begging your pardon sir, it took me almost 2hours to get mine.

2 Likes

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by dridowu: 4:44pm On Jan 26, 2015
No No No

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Chanchit: 4:48pm On Jan 26, 2015
DaGC:

Begging your pardon sir, it took me almost 2hours to get mine.

Two hours is not too much, afterall we sometimes queue for more than two hours to buy fuel. So doing same for Nigeria should not be too much.

15 Likes

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Dannyset(m): 4:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
aguiyi:

are you sure you have a certificate, which one be CARPENTER "NO" again?

I wonder ooo!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by DaGC(m): 4:52pm On Jan 26, 2015
Chanchit:

Two hours is not too much, afterall we sometimes queue for more than two hours to buy fuel. So doing same for Nigeria should not be too much.

Not if you are supposed to be at work, or have other engagements.

Well, I have mine and hope other Nigerians who havent gotten theirs make efforts to get their own.

1 Like

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:53pm On Jan 26, 2015
Ko jo.

2 Likes

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by jmoore(m): 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2015
I think the election should take place today. I am sick of all these political dramas.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by idu1(m): 6:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
No sir....!!!
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by chimerase2: 6:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
i dnt fink is a good idea
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by waternogeteneny: 6:50pm On Jan 26, 2015
Yes...

We want a free and fair election. PVC must get to the intended owners.

Until PVC are properly distributed, i favor postponement of the election.

What is the number of the registered voters across the country?

Was the registration properly conducted or did dey pull a fast one to register more tribes than the other?

What is Atairu Jega upto in terms of distribution of PVC.

He appears to have mainly distributed the PVC in the North and Southwest.

When will people in central, south east and south south receive their PVC?

Who is looking into the activities of Jega?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by hazyfm1: 6:50pm On Jan 26, 2015
NO
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by ggrin(f): 6:50pm On Jan 26, 2015
Nah

1 Like

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by missbehave247(m): 6:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
Yes
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by wazobiaforu(m): 6:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
No - Reasons

- All of us can not have voters card
- All that have voters card can not vote
- Let the people that have collected and that will collect decide for Nigeria

Were you all tested for HIV? And statistic was still drawn per state, that is to show sampling is allowed in statistics

Thanks
Wazobia

14 Likes

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by tdayof(m): 6:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
No.

2 Likes

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Brightology2(m): 6:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
Dats none of my fucking biz.inshort dey shld go ahead with d election,mk person hear word

2 Likes

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by tiamiyukunle69(m): 6:52pm On Jan 26, 2015
Everyone won't vote even if we all collect our PVCs... They better not postponeangry

9 Likes

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by bettercreature(m): 6:52pm On Jan 26, 2015
It doesn't make sense it's a capital No,thiefs looking for a way to rig

4 Likes

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by mifavour(f): 6:52pm On Jan 26, 2015
whatever shaaa. GEJ2015

2 Likes

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by freshness2020: 6:52pm On Jan 26, 2015
Whether they postpone it or not... There will still be some I don't care dumb a*ss who will still feel reluctant to collect theirs!
Let the election continue!
#Transformation continues 2015!

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ortom To Those Wishing Buhari Death: "Go And Confront God" / 2019: How APC Would Hurt PDP – Makarfi / Dapo Abiodun Declares Emergency On Flooded Areas, Visits Flood Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.