Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! (2048 Views)

What Is The Effects Of Drinking Cold Water. / Nafdac Approved Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil-Cold Pressed / Would Nigerians Be Intrested In Slushy Cold Drinks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by SeanT21(f): 8:57pm On Dec 24, 2008
Majority of Africans love their food HOT N SPICY. Its in our DNA.

How do You like Yours?

I personally prefer my food to be Hot.I hate eating dishes with NO PEPPER or SPICE.I do not enjoy it at all.

Do you like it HOT or COLD?
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by ifyalways(f): 9:40pm On Dec 24, 2008
I wont eat any food without enough Pepper and spices but i dont like hot food either.it just have to be warm. wink
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by mohawkchic(f): 11:53pm On Dec 24, 2008
~Am not bothered really,as long as its seasoned right!!Never was used to eating Spicy food anyways,me dada had high blood pressure so it was less salt & pepper in everything we eat!! Kinda stuck w/ me over the years!

~I do however enjoy the occassional Spicy Pepper Chicken grin lets just say when i do indulge in spicy food,a bite gets me nose running a river cry
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by iice(f): 2:40pm On Dec 26, 2008
My pepper level is prolly average.
2 new year eves ago, we had a gathering and a friend cooked. Oh boy, the pepper in the food was through the roof!!
No one person did not complain grin grin My tongue got swollen and my lips grin grin

I don't like hot food that much either. In high school i could only eat cold food grin, now i like warm food.
My brothers eat hot hot food, i used to tell them they had refrigeration in their throats
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by Hauwa1: 3:46pm On Dec 26, 2008
pepper, not just any pepper but nigeria atarodo, the rodo from the Jamaican store or ghana store, or the habernero in the grocery stores that's what i deal with.

i make my stew soooooooooooooooooooooo hot that SeanT21 will need a fan for cooling the and cool wipes when shitting  cheesy

am so used to pepper now. i watch friends eating my food scratching and wiping sweats yet couldn't stop smiley. they get used to it after the 2nd meals.

when cooking, the oyinbo roommates are always sneezing cheesy wetin concern me. na my pepper so lock your door and stay in your room wink

it is hard to eat stew especially that has no pepper in it.

i love hot food

1 Like

Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by SeanT21(f): 4:50am On Dec 27, 2008
*Hauwa*:

pepper, not just any pepper but nigeria atarodo, the rodo from the Jamaican store or ghana store, or the habernero in the grocery stores that's what i deal with.

i make my stew soooooooooooooooooooooo hot that SeanT21 will need a fan for cooling the and cool wipes when shitting cheesy

am so used to pepper now. i watch friends eating my food scratching and wiping sweats yet couldn't stop smiley. they get used to it after the 2nd meals.

when cooking, the oyinbo roommates are always sneezing cheesy wetin concern me. na my pepper so lock your door and stay in your room wink

it is hard to eat stew especially that has no pepper in it.

i love hot food

~~~I am ready to for the challenge~~~
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by SeaGoddes(f): 9:40am On Dec 27, 2008
i cant eat any food without strong pepper unless i will just vomit it out, yea i know it is really gross grin

i love hot spicy and foods flaming with ose
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by HRhotness(f): 9:54am On Dec 27, 2008
i love my food super spicy. . . my pepper tolerance is very high and i love that bruning sensation.

that said, not all food r meant to be spicy, there is an annoying habit by alot of nigerians to just pour pepper into anything they r eatng which is very wrong. some foods need no spice at all and adding anything will kill d natural flavours
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by uzwu: 1:58pm On Dec 27, 2008
For me to enjoy any meal, it has to be very hot and spicy. When i say spicy i mean enough pepper. I wouldn't want to have that funny sensation one feels after eating all those fast food joints delicacies . When i prepare my food i love that peppery sensation. it's da bomb!
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by Hauwa1: 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2008
HR, you are right. some food like bean and joloff do not need too much pepper.
same with ogbono, egusi. very small amout of dried pepper.

i only make my stew SUPPPEEEERRR PEPPERY. i have zero tolerant for unpeppery stew.
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by Opslag(m): 1:40am On Dec 29, 2008
Wooo!gr8 thread for my likes,nevr knew this existd on nld.so can sm1 please tel me what food we talkin bout here?
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by Opslag(m): 1:41am On Dec 29, 2008
Wooo!gr8 thread for my likes,nevr knew this existd on nld.so can sm1 please tel me what food we talkin bout here?
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by Treetop20(m): 9:43am On Dec 29, 2008
i love pepper a lot
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by damiso(f): 12:41pm On Dec 29, 2008
Me and pepper grin Love PEPPER.always a source of conflict in my house cos me i love pepper and my hubby is pepperless, i sha wont be cooking two stews,so what i feel is middle ground and not too peppery is still too hot for the poor guy's taste buds.I wonder how i will be when am pregnant cos when some certain foods are not peppery i feel like throwing up.I even add extra dry pepper to my indomie noodles,if not il throw up.
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by Hauwa1: 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2008
damiso make pepper sauce cheesy
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by Hauwa1: 4:39pm On Dec 29, 2008
damiso haha

why not make pepper sauce (atarodo, onion vegetable oil and salt) for you. store it in a plastic plate and keep. it can last up to a week. now make your stew without pepper and add your pepper sauce to yours as good as you like it.

Opslag, we are talking abt making stew and some other food with lots of hot peppe. not kids kind o the ones that make your head spin and sweaty grin while eating.
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by SeanT21(f): 11:19pm On Dec 29, 2008
damiso:

Me and pepper grin Love PEPPER.always a source of conflict in my house because me i love pepper and my hubby is pepperless, i sha wont be cooking two stews,so what i feel is middle ground and not too peppery is still too hot for the poor guy's taste buds.I wonder how i will be when am pregnant because when some certain foods are not peppery i feel like throwing up.I even add extra dry pepper to my indomie noodles,if not il throw up.

Pepper sauce is the best choice.Fix it and put it in the jar and set it in the fridge.When You are ready to eat,Put some on the side of the food.
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by damiso(f): 12:51pm On Dec 30, 2008
Thank you guys,i think thats a good idea smiley.will def do the sauce tonight when making stew.dont mind me sef going to go and marry pepperless grin
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by gozzilla(m): 4:55pm On Dec 30, 2008
Pepperless. I last heard that word in my secondary school day. The folks that claimed to be pepperless ( had ulcer) got a different meal from the rest of us, and yes their meal was a 100 times better than that of the rest.
Imagine what all of us would have given to be pepperless?

Pepperless or peppered, make the food just sweet chikena!!!!
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by Fancier(f): 3:42pm On Jan 06, 2009
I wish you guys can just serve all this food for us here tongue cos my mouth is watering already
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by AmakaOne(f): 3:55pm On Jan 08, 2009
Food without pepper!!! shocked
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by Nobody: 3:29am On Jan 09, 2009
I had burns on my tongue for a month because my sister went pepper crazy. Everything should be in moderation, abeg.
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by nana(f): 3:34am On Jan 12, 2009
Pepper and salt dont go well in my mouth. Food must be warm.
If i eat anything spicy,it run my tummy,so,the pepper has to be mild.More reason y i prefer to go for tomato sauce.
Little or no salt is what i love in my food.
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by SeanT21(f): 9:27pm On Jan 12, 2009
nana:

Pepper and salt don't go well in my mouth. Food must be warm.
If i eat anything spicy,[b]it run my tummy,[/b]so,the pepper has to be mild.More reason y i prefer to go for tomato sauce.
Little or no salt is what i love in my food.

That happens to me all the time but it dont stop me. cheesy
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by MrCrackles(m): 1:23am On Jan 20, 2009
AMAKAONE:

Food without pepper!!! shocked

Where av u been Miss?! sad cry
Missed u
wink
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by Shaz(f): 3:13am On Jan 20, 2009
Spicy!!
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by AmakaOne(f): 12:44pm On Jan 20, 2009
MrCrackles:

Where av u been Miss?! sad cry
Missed u
wink

Hey you,

Went to visit some friends in Paris over the hols.

Hope Two thousand and nice is being good to u!!
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by bubblegum(f): 8:02am On May 27, 2009
i like mine hot n very spicy
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by Badriyyah(f): 10:26am On May 27, 2009
It depends on the food and the COOK. I like a mix, some days I eat spicy, some non spicy. But I don't do uber spicy, unless it's my mum, sis or bestfriend that cooks it, No pepper in the world can stop me from eating the delicious meals.lol kiss kiss.
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by Pepeye(f): 8:28pm On May 27, 2009
warm and spicy
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by mamag3: 6:03pm On Aug 04, 2009
I like it cold.
Re: Some Like It "hot",some Like It "cold"! by Fhemmmy: 8:02pm On Aug 04, 2009
warm and no pepper

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Kookbag - Save Money On Gas And Kerosene When Cooking / Ogogoro: Solutions To Poisoning! / High Quality Juice Dispenser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.