Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

SAY NO TO CHILD ABUSE. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / SAY NO TO CHILD ABUSE. (1661 Views)

Forcing A Child To Eat: Is This Child Abuse? / Woman Gives Birth To Child At Age 101; Becomes World Oldest Mother (PHOTO) / 11-Year-Old Boy Maltreated By Stepmum: See The Highest Order Of Child Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SAY NO TO CHILD ABUSE. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 26, 2015
MANY CHILDREN HAVE SUFFERED SO MUCH FROM THE HANDS OF THESE SO CALLED CHILD ABUSERS.
IT REALLY BAFFLES ME WHEN I SEE THREADS ON NAIRALAND ABOUT HOW MEN OF OLDER AGE RAPE GIRLS THAT ARE YOUNG ENOUGH TO BE THEIR DAUGHTER.

JUST TO BE REALISTIC,there are many causes of child abuse. But the primary cause is our parents. hmmm, you are asking how,then let me answer in a rhetorical manner

1. POVERTY-you are stuck in poverty,you do nothing for good,you have no source of income and your family members are dragging you into marriage and giving birth to kids. If you dont have a plan on bring this child up. whats the essence of your living. now such kid may get abused because she asked brothe sodiq for food,because she was raped by her oga who you employed her to as a housemaid and so on.

2.LACK OF EDUCATION-like some people will say.Because you have a lighted skin doesnt make you enlightened. Going to school does not stop your child from being abused lets just say it only protects her the more.Education can be subdivided into two categories. formal and informal i.e learning at school and at home. The most necesary one is that at home because every child knows that parents want the best for them. unlike teachers who still take advantage of the helpless kid.

3.INADEQUATE HOUSING-You sleep under a bridge today , a card seller container tomorrow a shop next tomorrow.please tell me how your child wouldnt get abused when she gets xposed to certain things thats not suitable for age.

4.LISTENING EARS-Every parents are suppose to provide a listening ears for their children but some wont,blaming it on stress,work and so on.some children of nowadays are just so sharp that they will love to tell you everything bad happening to them.But once you dont give them the chance they get intimidated and they engage in the act with the abuser.please always make sure you listen to what your child wants to say it might be helpful.

5.TEACH THEM THE RIGHT WORDS-children of nowadays dont call this things by their natural names anymore.now its either the generalise it as THING.or call it just like our agbayas use to.it helps alot..a girl who lived with her grandma was abused severally by her class teacher. BT she knew her v*gina as THING.....she told her grandma severally but she never understood that THING shes talking of so she ignored not until they were caught and it lasted for good 3months. teach them how to call it the reall names ir general slangs like kokoro...PARENTS TEACHERS PLEASE DO THE NEEDFUL. teach your children or pupils to be strong bold happy and conversant know and study the kind of company they keep and all will be well.ITS OUR RESPONSIBILITY TOO STOP CHILD ABUSE.

Re: SAY NO TO CHILD ABUSE. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 26, 2015
Re: SAY NO TO CHILD ABUSE. by jamex93(m): 9:54pm On Jan 26, 2015
God bless this poster
Re: SAY NO TO CHILD ABUSE. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 26, 2015
jamex93:
God bless this poster
AMEN IN JESUS NAME....AND YOU TOO
Re: SAY NO TO CHILD ABUSE. by jamex93(m): 10:31pm On Jan 26, 2015
duduhemit36:

AMEN IN JESUS NAME....AND YOU TOO

amen

(1) (Reply)

What Age Should Kids Stop Bathing With Their Parents? / Signs That You Are An Introvert / I Know I Truly Need Help At This Point.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.