Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here (1841 Views)

An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. / An Athiest Turned Christian. God Thank You For This Last Chance / Athiest Are Just Lying..... They Believe The Existence Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by menesheh(m): 5:25am On Jan 27, 2015
Do you feel insane before your friends, peers, family, co worker etc for expressing your view about the universe, your existence and overall view about creationism.

Some people lose their job, rejected by their family, peer etc for being non religious believer.

It gat to stop. Lets start the march here. A journey of a thousand miles starts with a step.

To be intellectually fulfilled atheist is not a mere child play ranging from the ingrained mindset perpetrated by our parents, guidiance, school, church, the public etc.

FACT

One can't be an intellectual fulfilled athiest without being vast in all sphere of life, almost all field of study and without being an Educationist. Atheists are people with high IQ and reasoning capacity not dump-axx.
Atheist are less in prison all over the world meaning that they endulge less in inhuman activities and crime.

All hail to my role model the great ''PROFFESOR RICHARD DAWKINS''
And his life changing book
"THE GODS DELUSION"

Thanks all

3 Likes

Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by Slowvenom(m): 5:59am On Jan 27, 2015
I rather remain an agnostic, bro. You see? I liken atheists to theists, they're almost the same to me. They try all they can to prove and disprove it, but the just can't. So, I feel its best to sit on the fence in relation to this.
Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by menesheh(m): 6:21am On Jan 27, 2015
Slowvenom:
I rather remain an agnostic, bro. You see? I liken atheists to theists, they're almost the same to me. They try all they can to prove and disprove it, but the just can't. So, I feel its best to sit on the fence in relation to this.

You are right but being agnostic is more or less not knowing your stand point.

Why it seems atheist try all possible means to prove or disprove what they seems to know is that the so called religious believers try all they could to tanish the image of atheist to the brink, therefore atheist try all they could too to prove or disprove them.

For instance

Imagine a boy called his mom on phone telling her that he had became an athiest, the mom's reply was "MY PROBLEM IS NOT THAT YOU DIDN'T BELIEF IN GOD BUT AN ATHIESTTTT!!"
Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by Slowvenom(m): 7:01am On Jan 27, 2015
menesheh:

Imagine a boy called his mom on phone telling her that he had became an athiest, the mom's reply was "MY PROBLEM IS NOT THAT YOU DIDN'T BELIEF IN GOD BUT AN ATHIESTTTT!!"
Lol, very. funny and stupid
Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by davien(m): 8:29am On Jan 27, 2015
Agnosticism has(for some weird reason) been marketed as a middle ground when it's not,you can either be an agnostic theist/atheist or gnostic theist/atheist...
I fall under the agnostic atheist section...

7 Likes

Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by Maamin(m): 8:56am On Jan 27, 2015
menesheh:
Do you feel insane before your friends, peers, family, co worker etc for expressing your view about the universe, your existence and overall view about creationism.

Some people lose their job, rejected by their family, peer etc for being non religious believer.

It gat to stop. Lets start the march here. A journey of a thousand miles starts with a step.

To be intellectually fulfilled atheist is not a mere child play ranging from the ingrained mindset perpetrated by our parents, guidiance, school, church, the public etc.

FACT

One can't be an intellectual fulfilled athiest without being vast in all sphere of life, almost all field of study and without being an Educationist. [s]Atheists are people with high IQ and reasoning capacity[/s] not dump-axx.
Atheist are less in prison all over the world meaning that they endulge less in inhuman activities and crime.

All hail to my role model the great ''PROFFESOR RICHARD DAWKINS''
And his life changing book
"THE GODS DELUSION"

Thanks all

Albert Einstein one of the most famous Physician who has used more of his mind than any other man was not an Atheist.

1 Like

Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by Maamin(m): 8:59am On Jan 27, 2015
davien:
Agnosticism has(for some weird reason) been marketed as a middle ground when it's not,you can either be an agnostic theist/atheist or gnostic theist/atheist...
I fall under the agnostic atheist section...

There you go, this will soon be reformed and inculcated into a renown religion..or better yet it is already! grin
Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by menesheh(m): 9:11am On Jan 27, 2015
Maamin:

Albert Einstein one of the most famous Physician who has used more of his mind than any other man was not an Atheist.

In my write-up i never said that anybody with high IQ Quotient and intelligence must be atheist but said that almost all atheist are people with high IQ quotient and intelligence.
Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by frank317: 9:20am On Jan 27, 2015
menesheh:

In my write-up i never said that anybody with high IQ Quotient and intelligence must be atheist but said that almost all atheist are people with high IQ quotient and intelligence.

What do u expect from a christian who had dropped his brain and chose to reason through the eyes of an ancient book written by cave men?

3 Likes

Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by Maamin(m): 9:35am On Jan 27, 2015
menesheh:

Still not far from the truth. When you have an intelligent mind with high amount of IQ..You will know even more greater things both seen and unseen. Atheist trying to be logical ends up being bias and myopic. They will never see pass there nose.

1 Like

Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by Redlyn: 9:48am On Jan 27, 2015
This thread is right up my alley. But I have to work. Will be back to give an extensive lecture on the subject. tongue kiss

2 Likes

Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by menesheh(m): 10:07am On Jan 27, 2015
Maamin:

There you go, this will soon be reformed and inculcated into a renown religion..or better yet it is already! grin

You are running out critical reasoning, atheism is never a religion and will never be.

Atheism came out of reasoning and improvement not a stagnant old book writen some THOUSANDs of years without the space for refuting and improvement in order to adjust to a changing world.

You still delusioned

Start Learning and improving now to be free from the trap called religion

2 Likes

Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by Maamin(m): 10:45am On Jan 27, 2015
menesheh:

You are running out critical reasoning, atheism is never a religion and will never be.

Atheism came out of reasoning and improvement not a stagnant old book writen some THOUSANDs of years without the space for refuting and improvement in order to adjust to a changing world.

You still delusioned

Start Learning and improving now to be free from the trap called religion

Ofcourse am always seeking knowledge and learning new things. But if you are really enlighten then you should know of a higher force or entity that governs the universe..but the reverse is the case for you and your likes claiming knowledge where you cant find in the opposite direction.

And FYI who told you am religious? undecided
Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by menesheh(m): 10:48am On Jan 27, 2015
Maamin:

Ofcourse am always seeking knowledge abd learning new things. But if you are really enlighten then you should know of a higher force or entity that governs the universe..but the reverse is the case for you and your likes claiming knowledge where you cant find in the opposite direction.

And FYI who told you am religious? undecided

Thanks for your understanding.

We are of same track wink
Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by Maamin(m): 10:52am On Jan 27, 2015
menesheh:

Thanks for your understanding.

We are of same track wink

The same track in seeking knowledge but different in the influence the knowledge have on our believe system.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by McSterling(m): 8:14pm On Jan 27, 2015
Slowvenom:
So, do you believe in god or not? You either believe in god or not, even if you're agnostic as davien has rightly pointed out.
Agnostic theist: I don't know but I still believe.
Agnostic atheist: I don't know, so I don't believe.
Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by Slowvenom(m): 12:10am On Jan 28, 2015
McSterling:
So, do you believe in god or not? You either believe in god or not, even if you're agnostic as davien has rightly pointed out.
I'll create a space between those two and stand there. I don't know if he exist. But I think practically, I'm more of an atheist than a theist.
Well, I guess you still caught me by the tail.

1 Like

Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by undercat: 12:41am On Jan 28, 2015
Why does a lack of belief in God evoke feelings of pride in you?
Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by davien(m): 12:44am On Jan 28, 2015
McSterling:
You misrepresented agnostic atheism there.....lack of knowledge isn't what necessarily permits disbelief but a non-substantiated burden of proof...
It's like you meet someone who believes in Chtulhu and you don't know what Chtulhu is....but instead of providing tentative explanations,you are given contradictory accounts from different time periods and different authors till you really can't say if its true or not...Then you tell the person that if there's nothing that can be substantially known about it,then you aren't convinced of it's existence...
That's agnostic atheism in a nutshell...

2 Likes

Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by McSterling(m): 8:10am On Jan 28, 2015
davien:
You misrepresented agnostic atheism there.....lack of knowledge isn't what necessarily permits disbelief but a non-substantiated burden of proof...
It's like you meet someone who believes in Chtulhu and you don't know what Chtulhu is....but instead of providing tentative explanations,you are given contradictory accounts from different time periods and different authors till you really can't say if its true or not...Then you tell the person that if there's nothing that can be substantially known about it,then you aren't convinced of it's existence...
That's agnostic atheism in a nutshell...
Of course agnostic atheism entails more than I initially posted. That was just a synopsis. For many, concession to lack of knowledge is inextricably linked to lack of evidence. It is illogical to believe in something you do not "know" exists. That is akin to faith. To say that ones "knows" then, one must have evidence for the said thing. We do not know that leprechauns exist because there's been no evidence for them, so we do not believe in leprechauns. It's something like Robert G. Ingersoll put it:

" Is there a supernatural power- an arbitrary mind- an enthroned God- a supreme will that sways the tides and currents of the world- to which all causes bow? I do not deny. I do not know- but I do not believe."

Agnosticism is a matter of knowledge; atheism is a matter of belief. In many cases, the latter is a necessary consequence of the former, since it is illogical to believe in something you've conceded is unknown or unknowable.

1 Like

Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by menesheh(m): 4:14pm On Jan 28, 2015
undercat:
Why does a lack of belief in God evoke feelings of pride in you?

Give it a try and leave.

If you actually know where atheism are coming from(proved fact not fiction).

You will absolutely understand why they are proud and joyful of discovering something that will still take you years to comeby.

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FiHRVb_uE0

1 Like

Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by undercat: 7:51pm On Jan 28, 2015
menesheh:

Give it a try and leave.

If you actually know where atheism are coming from(proved fact not fiction).

You will absolutely understand why they are proud and joyful of discovering something that will still take you years to comeby.

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FiHRVb_uE0

Aren't you an atheist? I was hoping you would tell me what it is about atheism that makes you proud, if you know.
Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by Naital(m): 12:19pm On Feb 08, 2015
Maamin:

Though he might not have been an atheist, he certainly was not a theist.

Einstein said, "I believe in Spinoza's God, who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings."

He also said, "It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."
Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by Maamin(m): 5:48pm On Feb 08, 2015
Naital:

Though he might not have been an atheist, he certainly was not a theist.

Einstein said, "I believe in Spinoza's God, who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings."

He also said, "It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

At bolded are u remotely saying that he was a pantheist?

Here are some of his final view on God and religion :

Albert Einstein once said the following in an interview for G. S. Viereck’s book Glimpses of the Great.

“I am not an Atheist. I do not know if I can define myself as a Pantheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds… The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn’t know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God.”

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1538169/was-albert-einstein-an-atheist-or-not-read-his-final-words-on-god/#gBYLlT86Ill7F7Iw.99

But Albert never identify with Atheism..but believed in a high force and entity. I think he was more of a believer than unbeliever anyway.

1 Like

Re: I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here by mmsen: 5:58pm On Feb 08, 2015
I am what I am.

I don't pretend to believe in fairy tales.

Nor do I claim to have answers about questions for which there is not proof.

I ask questions.

(1) (Reply)

The Battle.... an interesting Christian true life story / Should A Spirit Filled Believer Succumb To Depression And Suicide? / What Is Hyper-grace?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.