Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo (17022 Views)

Jonathan Was Never Committed To Defeating Boko Haram – Osinbajo / Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash / T-72 Tanks Used By The Military To Destroy Boko Haram (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by itetemi: 8:29am On Jan 27, 2015
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) will lead the military to the North-East to fight the Boko Haram insurgents if voted into power on February 14, his running mate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (SAN), said on Monday.

Osinbajo expressed concern over deepening insecurity in the country and accused President Goodluck Jonathan of reneging on his promise to protect Nigerians.

Fielding questions from a group of youths at a town hall meeting in Abuja, the APC vice presidential candidate said Buhari as President and Commander-In-Chief would lead by example.

The town hall meeting held under the aegis of Act Now Professionals.

Osinbajo told the gathering how the Buhari-led government would end insurgency in the country, especially in the North-East states of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa.

He also explained how the APC-led government would rescue the over 200 female students of Government Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State, seized since April 14 2014; equip the military and give the country a sense of protection.

Osinbajo said, “The first priority is security and to question what has gone wrong in the military. Then, funding the military adequately and ensuring that the Commander-In-Chief leads from the front. But when he was Commander-In-Chief, Buhari led from the front as a soldier. You cannot lead from the rear. You cannot fail to go to where the insurgency is taking place and that is what Buhari has been saying.

“I think that the major problem with the question of security is again that it was not prioritised by this government. It was not taken seriously enough from the beginning. When you have a situation, you do not politicise the insurgency like that. You do not point to the opposition and say it is the opposition that is sponsoring it until General Buhari almost lost his life when Boko Haram attacked him.

“We must start by understanding that there is a war going on in that part of the country and what the government need to do is to get the nation behind it, not pointing accusing fingers at wrong places.

“We need to look at the whole question of funding and equipping the military. The military at the moment is not equipped. I worked with Femi Falana on the mutiny of some solders and what is the complaint of those soldiers who were charged with mutiny? Their complaint is that they were not given equipment and they wanted them to go to battle. So, how do you say that? How does anybody think that you can fight the insurgents without ammunitions?”

The APC vice presidential candidate said that there would be no hiding place for perpetrators of graft as the country’s laws that forbid looting of public treasury would be activated.

According to him, the APC will run a transparent government where public officials would be accountable to the people.

Osinbajo said creation of jobs for the country’s youths remained on top of the agenda of the APC if elected into office.

“Jobs and creation of employment opportunities have been major issues in the manifesto of the APC,” he told the audience.

He re-echoed the party’s earlier promise that the Buhari-led government would place jobless and poor Nigerians on monthly stipends of N5,000 and N7,000 respectively.

“The idea is to take 2.5 million people out of poverty every year. We will give free healthcare to children. We will follow the example of Osun State where such has been done successfully,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-ll-lead-military-to-fight-bharam-osinbajo/

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by Akpan107(m): 8:38am On Jan 27, 2015
A former Coupist will never rule Nigeria.

If Buhari is the only option, Nigeria should be without a President than to have Buhari.

GEJ till 2019

163 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by itetemi: 8:41am On Jan 27, 2015
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by richeso: 8:42am On Jan 27, 2015
Okay, so since he's not president yet that's why he havn't done anything abi?

i wait until the killing gets to his family. then he will understand how painful it is to lost someone.

[size=15pt]gmb please proof to us you are better than gej. start it now. don't use words. use action[/size]
because i can't hear your voice from where i am.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by ghost1718(m): 8:47am On Jan 27, 2015
can boko haram fight Boko haram ?? To me i think oga gmb knows what HE is doing

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by egift(m): 8:48am On Jan 27, 2015
#GMB100DaysPledge: I pledge to, as C-in-C, lead from the front and not behind to boost the morale of fighting forces and Nigerians."

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by fitzmayowa: 8:52am On Jan 27, 2015
Politicians using nigerian's misfortune to campaign since 1914...

Why wait till you are elected, security is not the job of the government alone...SMH

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by demelza: 8:54am On Jan 27, 2015
richeso:
Okay, so since he's not president yet that's why he havn't done anything abi?

i wait until the killing gets to his family. then he will understand how painful it is to lost someone.

[size=15pt]gmb please proof to us you are better than gej. start it now. don't use words. use action[/size]
because i can't hear your voice from where i am.
In your attempt to discredit GMB, you ended up embarassing your entire lineage with this gibberish.
Abeg use pidgin next time, English is not for everybody.

29 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by saintvc(m): 8:55am On Jan 27, 2015
Can buhari handle a gun at this age

20 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by lecturerdabo(m): 9:27am On Jan 27, 2015
demelza:
In your attempt to discredit GMB, you ended up embarassing your entire lineage with this gibberish.

Sorry! we got the point there not the english tnx

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by demelza: 10:24am On Jan 27, 2015
lecturerdabo:

Sorry! we got the point there not the english tnx
Oh! You exist. I am now aware.
Keep your sorry to yourself kiddo.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by mekaboy(m): 10:30am On Jan 27, 2015
APC just making empty anoying promises. Throwing millions of jobs around, paying old people 5k each, paying unemployed youth 10-15k, stablizing global oil prices . Yet no single detail of where the money will come from.

No details on how much they will bring in, all they are saying is how they willl spend.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by richeso: 10:43am On Jan 27, 2015
demelza:

lol.. na pidgin+english i use oo ( That shows am real Nigerian, not Born Abroad fake kids ) thats why its called PidginEnglish!.

discredits you now too.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by lomprico(m): 10:43am On Jan 27, 2015
@topic, what will u be doing sir?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by DaGC(m): 10:50am On Jan 27, 2015
I don't think it would be wise medically and security wise to be at the battlefield; especially given his age and would be position.
Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by tittop4: 11:31am On Jan 27, 2015
Osinbajo or osibanjo. Which one be the correct spelling of ur name self,think o,i want u to think deeply before u start talking to public. So u are now telling Nigeria that Buhari will carry gun,enter inside armoured car and face Boko. Haram,are u sure u know is a promise u are given us and u are a pastor,so Buhari will go and stand face to face with bokoharam,can u see now that this people no mean good for Buhari,apart from his old age and ill health they still want him to go and confront bokoharam and Tinubu has started threatening him over the oil block asking for his own share,anyway,make una kill am,aftarall their life no make meaning to them. But make Osinbajo no divide yorubaland because he is following a pagan,uncircunscized and an un believer

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by OgologoDimkpa: 12:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
Bokoharam are Buhari's boys.
He once pleaded that they should be granted amnesty just like the the Niger Delta militants

Boko haram is Buhari and Buhari is Bokoharam.
Bokoharam = Terrorist
Buhari = Terrorist

GEJ till 2019!!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by Morkavictor: 12:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
He will fight boko boys with 72 yr old bone.make i hear

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by sucess001(m): 12:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
[size=28pt]APC Far Better Than Pdp,Jonathan Very Corrupt- Fani Kayode(video)

https://www.nairaland.com/2115652/apc-leaders-far-better-than#30171733[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by floxynigeria: 12:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
Dis man is seriously sick...

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by okpismart: 12:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
[size=16pt]Buhari Will Lead Military Boko Haram To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo[/size]
[size=16pt]#BuhariShowYourCertificate[/size]

Lawyer sues over Buhari’s certificate
Source: http://e reporter.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/2826-lawyer-sues-over-buhari-s-certificate

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by badesco(m): 12:44pm On Jan 27, 2015
That is a big lie and why not now?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by jerflakes(m): 12:44pm On Jan 27, 2015
[size=14pt]Na so.

Presidential cowboy

Rugged dreamer

angry

[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by datguru: 12:44pm On Jan 27, 2015
About the man Buhari
I have never seen any school built in his name Buhari, I
have never seen any borehole constructed by him. There is
no record of any scholarship awarded by him or for him nor
through him. I have never seen him use his popularity to
canvass for any charitable work nor any humanitarian effort,
not even at the height of the polio scourge where other
purposeful and prominent leaders lead the campaign for
immunization.
No single text book has been donated to any school either
by him, for him or through him. Asides from doing nothing,
he has not improved himself since his exit from office. No
book written, no memoirs, no lectures,nothing. The only
thing of note he can point to are his numerous interviews on
the BBC Hausa station.
He never champion for a university in his state nor has he
ever been involved in any kind of programme to better the
lives of the Almajiris in Daura. His entire existence has not
led to any meaningful development in Daura, yet they say
he can change Nigeria.
Doesn't charity begin at home again? No wonder he was
referred to as being ''perpetually unelectable''. He is not a
patron to any organization, group or association. No
professional body in Nigeria has ever invited him for their
lecture, convention or gala night.
The only time any known form, body or human assemblage
ever chose him to do anything for them was when the Boko
Haram terrorist sect nominated him as their spoke person in
the proposed talks with the Fed. Govt in Saudi Arabia but he
refused. He recently joined twitter because of the election.
He recently went to church services because of elections
Vote Wisely

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by Francon(f): 12:44pm On Jan 27, 2015
I laugh

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by Collynzo419: 12:44pm On Jan 27, 2015
yes o

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 27, 2015
I don't understand what simba is talking about.

When he meant "lead does it mean,that buhari would be on the battle field leading the army like a commando or what¿

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 27, 2015
Did he really say this.

1 Like

cool

iBELIEVE IN CHANGE

iBELIEVE IN GMB

iBELIEVE A BETTER NIGERIA AWAITS US THROUGH GMB

iHAVE DECIDED

sai Buhari cool

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo by badesco(m): 12:44pm On Jan 27, 2015
sucess001:
[size=28pt]APC Far Better Than Pdp,Jonathan Very Corrupt- Fani Kayode(video)

https://www.nairaland.com/2115652/apc-leaders-far-better-than#30171733[/size]

Is the video showing where the guy is stealing money or what?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Federal High Court Voids Hike In Electricity Tariff, Fines NERC/DISCOS / CUPP Dares INEC, Asks Opposition Parties To Resume Campaign For Atiku / Buhari: Death Of Children In Niger Republic School Fire Horrific

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.