Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,014 members, 7,859,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 04:02 PM

Why I Will Not Vote For GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Will Not Vote For GEJ (1082 Views)

I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi / Why Igbos Should Not Vote For Nnyesom Wike In Rivers Rerun! / Why I Will Vote for GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Will Not Vote For GEJ by thankyouJesus(m): 9:16am On Jan 27, 2015
These are why I will never, never, never vote for GEJ.
1. PEJ (I don't feel good about this woman).
2. Chibok girls.
3. Insecurity.
4. Epileptic power supply.
5. Strike actions.
Note:
1. What "they" failed to understand is that privilege is different from rights.
2. There are some basic things I am entitled to as a citizen of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Vote For GEJ by thankyouJesus(m): 9:57am On Jan 27, 2015
Progressives: laykorn NgeneUkwenu Caseless Omenka CaptainAmerica1 Rawani Donphilopus TundeAjani Alphaoscar jomoh egift caseless cleverly arewafederation OrlandoOwoh keneking Obiagelli Berem Jarus and others (Sorry I can't type every moniker)
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For GEJ by Orunto: 11:42am On Jan 27, 2015
Etov yourself and toast for it, then you are a king. Goodluck!
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For GEJ by fresh15: 2:39pm On Jan 27, 2015
Don't be myopic.You don't want to vote for Jonathan who has endeavoured to transform the lives of Nigerians but Buhari who worked against that transformation.Better wise up!
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For GEJ by nellyjohn: 3:30pm On Jan 27, 2015
thankyouJesus:
These are why I will never, never, never vote for GEJ.
1. PEJ (I don't feel good about this woman).
2. Chibok girls.
3. Insecurity.
4. Epileptic power supply.
5. Strike actions.
Note:
1. What "they" failed to understand is that privilege is different from rights.
2. There are some basic things I am entitled to as a citizen of Nigeria.
It's ur call my dear. But believe me, even dough GEJ has not really done well, Buhari in never the best option. Give him another chance my dear.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For GEJ by thankyouJesus(m): 3:53pm On Jan 27, 2015
nellyjohn:

It's ur call my dear. But believe me, even dough GEJ has not really done well, Buhari in never the best option. Give him another chance my dear.
Tell me five things GEJ has done, that you have beneficted from.
Benefit of the doubt.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Not Vote For GEJ by mtchris(m): 4:00pm On Jan 27, 2015
1. My mom as a farmer, i can't remember the last time she used her money to buy fertilizer.
2. I can't remember the last time there was a black-out for 24hours unless there's a fault somewhere
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For GEJ by mtchris(m): 4:04pm On Jan 27, 2015
3. Good roads everywhere
4. Low price in fuel
5. For the past three years, my parent hasn't paid anything like school fees for my two younger ones. (free education)
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For GEJ by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 27, 2015
Below is nice piece by Prof. Soludo: God Bless Prof. Soludo.

[b]"The parallels with the Shagari regime are troubling. First, at the time of oil boom, Nigeria again went on a consumption spree such that the budgets of the last five years can best be described as ‘consumption budgets’, with new borrowing by the federal government exceeding the actual expenditure on critical infrastructure.

Second, not one penny was added to the stock of foreign reserves at a period Nigeria earned hundreds of billions from oil. For comparisons, President Obasanjo met about $5 billion in foreign reserves, and the average monthly oil price for the 72 months he was in office was $38, and yet he left $43 billion in foreign reserves after paying $12 billion to write-off Nigeria’s external debt. In the last five years, the average monthly oil price has been over $100, and the quantity also higher but our foreign reserves have been declining and exchange rate depreciating.
I note that when I assumed office as Governor of CBN, the stock of foreign reserves was $10 billion.
The average monthly oil price during my 60 months
in office was $59, but foreign reserve reached the all- time peak of $62 billion (and despite paying $12 billion for external debt, and losing over $15 billion during the unprecedented global financial and economic crisis) I left behind $45 billion. Recall also that our exchange rate continuously appreciated during this period and was at N117 to the dollar before the global crisis and we deliberately allowed it to depreciate in order to preserve our reserves. My calculation is that if the economy was better managed, our foreign reserves should have been between $102 –$118 billion and exchange rate around N112 before the fall in oil prices. As of now, the reserves should be around $90 billion and exchange rate no higher than N125 per dollar."
[/b]

[b]"Fourth, poverty incidence and unemployment are
also simultaneously at all-time high levels. According
to the NBS, poverty incidence grew to 69% in 2010
and projected to be 71% in 2011, with
unemployment at 24%. This is the worst record in
Nigeria’s history, and the paradox is that this
happened during the unprecedented oil boom.
One theme I picked up listening to the campaign
rallies as well as to some of the propagandists is the
confusion about measuring government
“performance”. Most people seem to confuse
‘inputs’, or ‘processes’ with output. Earlier this
month, I had a dinner with a group of friends (14 of
us) and we were chit-chatting about Nigeria. One of
us, an associate of President Jonathan veered off to
repeat a propaganda mantra that Jonathan had
outperformed his predecessors. He also reminded us that Jonathan re-based the GDP and that Nigeria is now the biggest economy in Africa; etc. It was fun listening to the response by others. In sum, the
group agreed that the President had ‘outperformed’
his predecessors except that it is in reverse order."

[/b]

[b]First, my friend was educated that re-basing the GDP is no achievement: it is a routine statistical exercise, and depending on the base year that you choose, you get a different GDP figure. Re-basing the GDP has nothing to do with government policy. Besides, as naira-dollar exchange rate continues to depreciate, the GDP in current dollars will also shrink considerably soon.
We were reminded of Jonathan’s agricultural
‘revolution’. But someone cut in and noted that for all the propaganda, the growth rate of the agricultural sector in the last five years still remains far below the performance under Obasanjo. One of us reminded him that no other president had presided over the slaughter of about 15,000 people by insurgents in a peacetime; no other president earned up to 50% of the amount of resources the current government earned from oil and yet with very little outcomes; no other president had the rate of borrowing; none had significant forex earnings and yet did not add one penny to foreign reserves but losing international reserves at a time of boom; no other president had a depreciating exchange rate at a time of export boom; at no time in Nigeria’s history has poverty reached 71% (even under Abacha, it was 67 -70%); and under
no other president did unemployment reach 24%.
Surely, these are unprecedented records and he
surely ‘outperformed’ his predecessors! What a
satire!
[/b]

[b]"One of those present took the satire to some level by comparing Jonathan to the ‘performance’ of the
former Governor of Anambra, Peter Obi. He noted
that while Obi gloated about ‘savings’, there is no
signature project to remember his regime except
that his regime took the first position among all
states in Nigeria in the democratization of poverty—-mass impoverishment of the people of Anambra.
According to the National Bureau of Statistics,
poverty rose under his watch in Anambra from 20%
in 2004 (lowest in Nigeria then) to 68% in 2010 (a
238% deterioration!). Our friend likened it to a father who had no idea of what to do with his resources and was celebrating his fat bank account while his children were dying of kwashiorkor. He pointed out that since it is the likes of Peter Obi who are the advisers to Jonathan on how to manage the economy (thereby confusing micromanagement which you do as a trader with macro governance) it is little wonder that poverty is fast becoming another name for Nigeria. It was a very hilarious evening."

"My advice to President Jonathan and his handlers is
to stop wasting their time trying to campaign on his
job record. Those who have decided to vote for him
will not do so because he has taken Nigeria to the
moon. His record on the economy is a clear ‘F’ grade. As one reviews the laundry list of micro interventions the government calls its achievements, one wonders whether such list is all that the government could deliver with an unprecedented oil boom and an unprecedented public debt accumulation. I can clearly see why reasonable people are worried."
[/b][b][/b]
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For GEJ by patrick89(m): 4:27pm On Jan 27, 2015
thankyouJesus:

Tell me five things GEJ has done, that you have beneficted from.
Benefit of the doubt.
increased minimum wage! Sign freedom of information, transparency increased Nysc allowee! Doubled the university funding. Increased the number of higher institution, Youwin programme, good roads, we won many major laurels in sports under him, improved medical care, low maternity death rate, reduced polio to barest, railway is back, look at our movie industry,and so many other things
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For GEJ by patrick89(m): 4:31pm On Jan 27, 2015
Look if you are using what this soludo guy wrote against peter obi as your basic point then you have no case, peter is seen as a hero in anambra state today, it also underscores the fact that GEJ really did well since he is grouping peter Obi and GEJ. Because the former did a lot of work in anambra!
sincerenigerian:
Below is nice piece by Prof. Soludo: God Bless Prof. Soludo.

[b]"The parallels with the Shagari regime are troubling. First, at the time of oil boom, Nigeria again went on a consumption spree such that the budgets of the last five years can best be described as ‘consumption budgets’, with new borrowing by the federal government exceeding the actual expenditure on critical infrastructure.

Second, not one penny was added to the stock of foreign reserves at a period Nigeria earned hundreds of billions from oil. For comparisons, President Obasanjo met about $5 billion in foreign reserves, and the average monthly oil price for the 72 months he was in office was $38, and yet he left $43 billion in foreign reserves after paying $12 billion to write-off Nigeria’s external debt. In the last five years, the average monthly oil price has been over $100, and the quantity also higher but our foreign reserves have been declining and exchange rate depreciating.
I note that when I assumed office as Governor of CBN, the stock of foreign reserves was $10 billion.
The average monthly oil price during my 60 months
in office was $59, but foreign reserve reached the all- time peak of $62 billion (and despite paying $12 billion for external debt, and losing over $15 billion during the unprecedented global financial and economic crisis) I left behind $45 billion. Recall also that our exchange rate continuously appreciated during this period and was at N117 to the dollar before the global crisis and we deliberately allowed it to depreciate in order to preserve our reserves. My calculation is that if the economy was better managed, our foreign reserves should have been between $102 –$118 billion and exchange rate around N112 before the fall in oil prices. As of now, the reserves should be around $90 billion and exchange rate no higher than N125 per dollar."
[/b]

[b]"Fourth, poverty incidence and unemployment are
also simultaneously at all-time high levels. According
to the NBS, poverty incidence grew to 69% in 2010
and projected to be 71% in 2011, with
unemployment at 24%. This is the worst record in
Nigeria’s history, and the paradox is that this
happened during the unprecedented oil boom.
One theme I picked up listening to the campaign
rallies as well as to some of the propagandists is the
confusion about measuring government
“performance”. Most people seem to confuse
‘inputs’, or ‘processes’ with output. Earlier this
month, I had a dinner with a group of friends (14 of
us) and we were chit-chatting about Nigeria. One of
us, an associate of President Jonathan veered off to
repeat a propaganda mantra that Jonathan had
outperformed his predecessors. He also reminded us that Jonathan re-based the GDP and that Nigeria is now the biggest economy in Africa; etc. It was fun listening to the response by others. In sum, the
group agreed that the President had ‘outperformed’
his predecessors except that it is in reverse order."

[/b]

[b]First, my friend was educated that re-basing the GDP is no achievement: it is a routine statistical exercise, and depending on the base year that you choose, you get a different GDP figure. Re-basing the GDP has nothing to do with government policy. Besides, as naira-dollar exchange rate continues to depreciate, the GDP in current dollars will also shrink considerably soon.
We were reminded of Jonathan’s agricultural
‘revolution’. But someone cut in and noted that for all the propaganda, the growth rate of the agricultural sector in the last five years still remains far below the performance under Obasanjo. One of us reminded him that no other president had presided over the slaughter of about 15,000 people by insurgents in a peacetime; no other president earned up to 50% of the amount of resources the current government earned from oil and yet with very little outcomes; no other president had the rate of borrowing; none had significant forex earnings and yet did not add one penny to foreign reserves but losing international reserves at a time of boom; no other president had a depreciating exchange rate at a time of export boom; at no time in Nigeria’s history has poverty reached 71% (even under Abacha, it was 67 -70%); and under
no other president did unemployment reach 24%.
Surely, these are unprecedented records and he
surely ‘outperformed’ his predecessors! What a
satire!
[/b]

[b]"One of those present took the satire to some level by comparing Jonathan to the ‘performance’ of the
former Governor of Anambra, Peter Obi. He noted
that while Obi gloated about ‘savings’, there is no
signature project to remember his regime except
that his regime took the first position among all
states in Nigeria in the democratization of poverty—-mass impoverishment of the people of Anambra.
According to the National Bureau of Statistics,
poverty rose under his watch in Anambra from 20%
in 2004 (lowest in Nigeria then) to 68% in 2010 (a
238% deterioration!). Our friend likened it to a father who had no idea of what to do with his resources and was celebrating his fat bank account while his children were dying of kwashiorkor. He pointed out that since it is the likes of Peter Obi who are the advisers to Jonathan on how to manage the economy (thereby confusing micromanagement which you do as a trader with macro governance) it is little wonder that poverty is fast becoming another name for Nigeria. It was a very hilarious evening."

"My advice to President Jonathan and his handlers is
to stop wasting their time trying to campaign on his
job record. Those who have decided to vote for him
will not do so because he has taken Nigeria to the
moon. His record on the economy is a clear ‘F’ grade. As one reviews the laundry list of micro interventions the government calls its achievements, one wonders whether such list is all that the government could deliver with an unprecedented oil boom and an unprecedented public debt accumulation. I can clearly see why reasonable people are worried."
[/b][b][/b]
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For GEJ by Change2015(m): 4:35pm On Jan 27, 2015
patrick89:
increased minimum wage! Sign freedom of information, transparency increased Nysc allowee! Doubled the university funding. Increased the number of higher institution, Youwin programme, good roads, we won many major laurels in sports under him, improved medical care, low maternity death rate, reduced polio to barest, railway is back, look at our movie industry,and so many other things

Are you a government worker to benefit from minimum wage, or are you unskilled?
How has FOI affected you?
Have you benefitted from Youwin or applied?
Improved medical care where, and in what ways?

Just reeling off those parables is not enough to answer the question that was asked.

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For GEJ by goldmma8: 6:08pm On Jan 27, 2015
Are you a government worker to benefit from minimum wage, or are you unskilled?
How has FOI affected you?
Have you benefitted from Youwin or applied?
Improved medical care where, and in what ways?
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For GEJ by Freelancer00(m): 6:24pm On Jan 27, 2015
fresh15:
Don't be myopic.You don't want to vote for Jonathan who has endeavoured to transform the lives of Nigerians but Buhari who worked against that transformation.Better wise up!
What transformation? I'll really like to be enlightened
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For GEJ by Freelancer00(m): 6:25pm On Jan 27, 2015
mtchris:
3. Good roads everywhere
4. Low price in fuel
5. For the past three years, my parent hasn't paid anything like school fees for my two younger ones. (free education)
Good roads everywhere? Lemme see pictures of the roads
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For GEJ by thankyouJesus(m): 6:39pm On Jan 27, 2015
patrick89:

1. Increased minimum wage! No job
2. Sign freedom of information. On papers, the aviation scandal, the $20billion dollars, e.t.c.
3. Transparency increased, Dont get me started on this one
4. Nysc allowee! Doubled 4000 naira registration fees come to mind
5. The university funding You are not in Nigeria right? Strike comes to mind.
6. Increased the number of higher institution. kudos to GEJ
7. Youwin programme Another applaud to GEJ
8. Good roads He tried no doubt about that.
9. We won many major laurels in sports under him. You must be a comedian.
10. Improved medical care. if I hear.
11. Low maternity death rate, reduced polio to barest. these are not GEJ achievements.
12. Railway is back. Don't even go there but kudos.
13. look at our movie industry, what about it?. and so many other things that is all.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For GEJ by mtchris(m): 8:42pm On Jan 27, 2015
Freelancer00:
Good roads everywhere? Lemme see pictures of the roads
Seems you leave in sambisa...
Re: Why I Will Not Vote For GEJ by Freelancer00(m): 9:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
mtchris:
Seems you leave in sambisa...
Sadly.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari, Jonathan, And Religion. A MUST READ. / All For APC!!! See How This Couple VOTED For APC On Their Wedding Day / Obasanjo’s Membership Card Had Expired, Says PDP.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.