Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Are Christians Hypocrite? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Christians Hypocrite? (627 Views)

Femi Fani-kayode: Are Christians Second Class Citizens In Nigeria? / Abdulmumni Jibril: Dogara Is A Pretender, Hypocrite & A Coward / Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Christians Hypocrite? by sparko1(m): 10:08am On Jan 27, 2015
Imagine if Buhari was pictured attending a mosque, and
it was reported that the Imam said 'he would
open the gates to hell upon those who oppose
Buhari', and Buhari sat there and said nothing,
what do you think many people would be
saying today? If Buhari was pictured going to
different mosques and kneeling before Imams,
as part of his campaign, what do we think the
comments would be? If Buhari was pictured
going on pilgrimage to Mecca, surrounded by a
retinue of fawning Imams, what would the
response be from Nigerians? If Buhari invited
senior Imams from across the country to a
meeting with him, to discuss the elections and
his campaign strategy, what would the
Nigerian people think? GEJ has done all the
above, and we are told he has a right to do so
as a committed christian. Buhari has done
none of the above yet he is called a religious
fundamentalist with a plan to turn Nigeria into
an Islamic nation. Please examine the facts so
we can honestly decide who is acting like the
real religious fundamentalist? Who is using
religious faith as a political ploy to get votes?
No pastor, Bishop, GO, Reverend Father, Imam
etc is GOD. They do NOT have the right to tell
you who to vote for. Go out there and support
the candidate of your choice. Make your choice
based upon who will give you and your children
a better life and a better Nigeria.
Re: Are Christians Hypocrite? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 27, 2015
OP let me assure you that Nigeria Christians do not endorse the pulpit politics of Mr. President and his pastor employees like Oyedepo and co. You wonder why the catholic church pulled out of CAN? You wonder why Deeper Life led by Pastor Kumuyi refused to have anything to do with CAN and PFN? You wonder why Adeboye barred pulpit campaign in his church as against 2011? That is to tell you that those businessmen called pastors are not men of God but god of their respective worshippers. The Christian community does not play politics with their faith. I am a Christian, I don't take jokes serious.
Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Hypocrite? by SeverusSnape(m): 10:16am On Jan 27, 2015
Look at you...haven't you seen Christians condemning him for that statement?
Re: Are Christians Hypocrite? by thorpido(m): 10:48am On Jan 27, 2015
Op,do an objective research before coming up with a sweeping conclusion as this.Many Christians condemned the statement and the acts.
Re: Are Christians Hypocrite? by derrick333(m): 12:01pm On Jan 27, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Look at you...haven't you seen Christians condemning him for that statement?
It wudv bin worst Asumin it was an imam dat said dat2buhari,I Bliv Som christains sopotin buhari wudv disembark
Re: Are Christians Hypocrite? by sparko1(m): 5:28pm On Jan 27, 2015
barcanista:
OP let me assure you that Nigeria Christians do not endorse the pulpit politics of Mr. President and his pastor employees like Oyedepo and co. You wonder why the catholic church pulled out of CAN? You wonder why Deeper Life led by Pastor Kumuyi refused to have anything to do with CAN and PFN? You wonder why Adeboye barred pulpit campaign in his church as against 2011? That is to tell you that those businessmen called pastors are not men of God but god of their respective worshippers. The Christian community does not play politics with their faith. I am a Christian, I don't take jokes serious.
Sai Buhari

Exactly, all most people see is what the politicians want them to see: my religion and their religion, my tribe and their tribe. All these doesn't really matter because at the end of the day the masses will forgotten if they choose wrongly.
Re: Are Christians Hypocrite? by sparko1(m): 5:29pm On Jan 27, 2015
derrick333:

It wudv bin worst Asumin it was an imam dat said dat2buhari,I Bliv Som christains sopotin buhari wudv disembark

My thought exactly!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lies In The AIT Documentary.. A Must Read! / Akwa Ibom Will Give Jonathan 100% Votes –Akpabio / VIDEO: Alleged Journalists Protesting Against Doyin Okupe And PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.