Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,668 members, 7,823,888 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Obasanjo Replies Bishop Oyedepo Over "Gate Of Hell" Comment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Replies Bishop Oyedepo Over "Gate Of Hell" Comment (1480 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Replies Sen. Dino Melaye, Calls Him A Bodyguard / Obasanjo Replies Bishop Oyedepo Over 'gate Of Hell' Comment? / Obasanjo Replies Bishop Oyedepo Over "Gate Of Hell" Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Replies Bishop Oyedepo Over "Gate Of Hell" Comment by phemmyutd(m): 11:42am On Jan 27, 2015
Since the alleged statement credited to Bishop
David Oyedepo that he would open the gates of
hell for those against President Goodluck
Jonathan or his government hit the net, there has
been many reactions.
But one is standing out, and it is allegedly
coming from Baba himself, ex-President
Olusegun Obasanjo. He was said to have replied
Bishop Oyedepo and cautioned him against such
partisan prayers.
Obasanjo through his twitter handle on Monday
said that no pastor could tell Nigerians who to
vote:
“We all want #CHANGE. Vote based on what
you know not on religious or tribal
sentiments! No one has the key to hell!
Don’t be threatened!"
“Has Bishop Oyedepo spoken out to
condemn the legalised looting of Billions of
Dollars taking place under the watch of
President Jonathan?"
“Did Bishop Oyedepo condemn the failure of the
President to rescue the Chibok girls 9 months
after they were kidnapped by the insurgents?
“Did Bishop Oyedepo speak out to condemn the
manner in which the almost 300 Chibok girls
were kidnapped?
“Did Oyedepo speak out when ASUU & ASUP
were on strike twice in 4 years thereby leading to
the loss of almost 2 years in the academic
calendar?”
Obasanjo was not done. He tweeted: “How many
of the Pastors that are telling you to vote for GEJ
have children who are unemployed graduates
sitting at home?
“A man of God that does not have the key to free
our beloved Chibok girls from captivity, [said he]
has the key to hell... GOD HELP US!"

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Replies Bishop Oyedepo Over "Gate Of Hell" Comment by yuncka: 11:45am On Jan 27, 2015
LOL! Wich kyn pastor be dis self...? He should be more intrested about d key to heaven dan hell.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Replies Bishop Oyedepo Over "Gate Of Hell" Comment by slimfit1(m): 11:53am On Jan 27, 2015
The chief gate man of hell, God forgive me oh

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Replies Bishop Oyedepo Over "Gate Of Hell" Comment by danielmasarro: 11:54am On Jan 27, 2015
I think the pastor never said that in the clip I watched on youtube..people are just commenting blindly..OBJ should equally shut d Bleep up,because his blood thirsty administration never did this country good..GEJ for transformation

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Replies Bishop Oyedepo Over "Gate Of Hell" Comment by lordcornel(m): 11:55am On Jan 27, 2015
The hell go make sense for all our politicians... Pls open the gate ooo and if possible bishop u can lead the way
Re: Obasanjo Replies Bishop Oyedepo Over "Gate Of Hell" Comment by LaurelP(m): 11:58am On Jan 27, 2015
He has the key to Otuoke, and he will unlock it for GEJ come Febuhari 14

Click Like if you agree

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Replies Bishop Oyedepo Over "Gate Of Hell" Comment by tuasefemi(m): 11:58am On Jan 27, 2015
We never can tell, the man may truly have the key to hell grin...abi, if you are not a custodian of a place, you can not have access to it...gate man of hell! sad

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Replies Bishop Oyedepo Over "Gate Of Hell" Comment by starlighton: 12:07pm On Jan 27, 2015
phemmyutd:
Since the alleged statement credited to Bishop
David Oyedepo that he would open the gates of
hell for those against President Goodluck
Jonathan or his government hit the net, there has
been many reactions.
But one is standing out, and it is allegedly
coming from Baba himself, ex-President
Olusegun Obasanjo. He was said to have replied
Bishop Oyedepo and cautioned him against such
partisan prayers.
Obasanjo through his twitter handle on Monday
said that no pastor could tell Nigerians who to
vote:
“We all want #CHANGE. Vote based on what
you know not on religious or tribal
sentiments! No one has the key to hell!
Don’t be threatened!"
“Has Bishop Oyedepo spoken out to
condemn the legalised looting of Billions of
Dollars taking place under the watch of
President Jonathan?"
“Did Bishop Oyedepo condemn the failure of the
President to rescue the Chibok girls 9 months
after they were kidnapped by the insurgents?
“Did Bishop Oyedepo speak out to condemn the
manner in which the almost 300 Chibok girls
were kidnapped?
“Did Oyedepo speak out when ASUU & ASUP
were on strike twice in 4 years thereby leading to
the loss of almost 2 years in the academic
calendar?”
Obasanjo was not done. He tweeted: “How many
of the Pastors that are telling you to vote for GEJ
have children who are unemployed graduates
sitting at home?
“A man of God that does not have the key to free
our beloved Chibok girls from captivity, [said he]
has the key to hell... GOD HELP US!"
Baba u are 2much we ppl like u and fr mbaka

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Replies Bishop Oyedepo Over "Gate Of Hell" Comment by Bigcake: 12:18pm On Jan 27, 2015
LaurelP:
He has the key to Otuoke, and he will unlock it for GEJ come Febuhari 14

Click Like if you agree
I won't click.....
Re: Obasanjo Replies Bishop Oyedepo Over "Gate Of Hell" Comment by samplegirl(f): 12:30pm On Jan 27, 2015
I laughed when OBJ of all people complain about strike.

Hmmmmmmmmm!

OBJ failed to know that he is in the guiness book of record to be the first leader of government to withness POLICE STRIKE in the whole wide word.

Although this story is a make up, he is too smart to make that mistake. But if he did, let somebody inform him that no Nigerian has slept at a filling station to buy petrol since GEJ took over.
Re: Obasanjo Replies Bishop Oyedepo Over "Gate Of Hell" Comment by PassingShot(m): 12:32pm On Jan 27, 2015
danielmasarro:
I think the pastor never said that in the clip I watched on youtube..people are just commenting blindly..OBJ should equally shut d Bleep up,because his blood thirsty administration never did this country good..GEJ for transformation

That clip may have been edited after the backlash of the pronouncement.
Re: Obasanjo Replies Bishop Oyedepo Over "Gate Of Hell" Comment by Babacele: 12:34pm On Jan 27, 2015
Maybe Oyedepo is being misquoted pls. I want an incontrovertible evidence somebody_ video, site ,place n time pls. I still don't believe it cos Oyedepo seems more enlightened to made such statement. until then folks, my lips are sealed.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Replies Bishop Oyedepo Over "Gate Of Hell" Comment by nellyjohn: 2:31pm On Jan 27, 2015
The worst thing that can happen to any man is when blasphemy against God's anointed. The pastor never said such and even if he did, no one has d right to talk eveil about him. God forgive u all

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Jonathan Not Using His Success With "Youwin" To Campaign / Photo: See What This Man Did To His PVC After 2015 Elections Were Postponed / 5 Ways Election Postponement Reduced Buhari's Popularity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.