Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown (1846 Views)

South East Youths: "We’ll Shutdown Nigeria if Anything Ugly Happens to Buhari" / Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters / FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by earTHMama: 7:25pm On Dec 25, 2008
Thursday, December 25, 2008 Printer Friendly Version
Nigeria's official website shutdown

By Everest Amaefule, Abuja

The Minister of Information and Communications, Prof. Dora Akunyili, has lamented the shutting down of the nation's official website - www.nigeria.gov.ng - as a result of the inability of government officials to maintain the national flagship.

Minister of Information, Prof Dora Akunyili

Akunyili, who spoke at the first meeting she had with heads of parastatals under the ministry in Abuja late on Tuesday, also gave all agencies in the ministry a deadline of March 2009 to establish their own websites.

She also barred officials of the ministry and the parastatals from receiving free telephone lines and cable televisions, directing those that already had such gifts to return them before the end of January 2009.

Noting that the incidence of poor telecommunications services has continued, the minister directed the Nigerian Communications Commission to monitor and report quality of service parameters on regular weekly basis.

She said, "Today, we live in an information age where access to information should be made readily available, and yet information about Nigeria from Nigeria is not easily accessible. I find it disheartening that the Ministry of Information and Communications does not have a website.

"It is also very discomforting that our flagship corporation, Nigerian Television Authority, does not have a website. It is unfortunate that the official government website www.nigeria.gov.ng, which was launched in 2005, and recoded 1.3 million visits in its first year, making it one of the most viable national websites in the world, has been shut down for many months. This website, which serves as a gateway to Nigeria, must be reactivated.

"Every parastatal must have an active and vibrant website up and running before the end of March 2009, and I am ready to support you to make sure that this happens. On our part, before the end of March 2009, this ministry will create a vibrant website that will enable people around the world to find everything they need to know about Nigeria in a click. This will be an interactive website that will allow people to ask questions and get answers. It will also provide polling opportunities as an avenue to know the feelings and desires of our people on various issues."

On telecommunications, Akunyili said it was general knowledge that services rendered by telecom operators were poor, adding that most Nigerians were unhappy and expressing displeasure over the services of mobile telecom operators.

The minister said the incidences of dropped calls, poor voice signal quality and poor reception have caused unnecessary financial burdens for Nigerians as they carry multiple handsets to be able to connect to working networks.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/dec/25/403.html
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by BOSS7: 1:05am On Dec 26, 2008
Comedy of errors!

grin
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by earTHMama: 7:39am On Dec 26, 2008
Comedy of errors!
grin
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by blackspade(m): 11:19am On Dec 26, 2008
Nigerians are allergic to websites. undecided
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 26, 2008
"as a result of the inability of government officials to maintain the national flagship".

And y'all want NUCLEAR POWER. cool I know some people want to break Nigeria up but please, you don't want to BLOW IT UP!!!!!

I have an Idea, why don't they hire Seun, at least that's one Nigerian who knows how to maintain stuff.
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by AKO1(m): 4:32pm On Dec 26, 2008
Kini big deal?

I just think that Madam should first push for FOI bill to be passed.
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by abdurrazaq(m): 4:38pm On Dec 26, 2008
It has been re-opened now, isn't it undecided
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by BecomeRich: 5:09pm On Dec 26, 2008
martian who told you nairaland is host by seun. seun is in nigeria,  there is no nepa in nigeria. you can only host where there is power supply.
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 26, 2008
BecomeRich:

martian who told you nairaland is host by seun. seun is in nigeria, there is no nepa in nigeria. you can only host where there is power supply.
lmfao grin
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by oderemo(m): 6:49pm On Dec 26, 2008
so where is seun?
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by BOSS7: 6:51pm On Dec 26, 2008
ode remo:

so where is seun?

Seun is in Ogun State (probably in Ode Remo).

Just joking
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by BecomeRich: 7:05pm On Dec 26, 2008
trust me on this. i have information and location. not been host from nigeria. . he just do admin job from nigeria. look it takes a technology beyoud seun to do this. i know. i work in the IT , telecommunication and engineering sector , i do some IT work so i know. if you want what i believe nigeria govt want. you may have to pay. it is beyoud seun to run what the information minister want. I have a server so i know this things. it would demand 24 hrs monitoring. i tell you if nigeria want to get to the stage. talk to me.

i wish my home country have the same vision USA has. but they do not understand. why the USA is doing it. over here the USA pay alot of money to move IT , telecommunication people to the USA. green card offer, they pay children school fee. $100,000 to relocate to the USA. and people ask but the USA is not making money from this website, the answer is vision. the USA is smarter than other nation. even my home country. not something i want to say over the internet. the USA have vision.
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 26, 2008
naaaaaaaaaaa blood. this is a joke!
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by earTHMama: 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2008
trust me on this. i have information and location. not been host from nigeria. . he just do admin job from nigeria. look it takes a technology beyoud seun to do this. i know. i work in the IT , telecommunication and engineering sector , i do some IT work so i know. if you want what i believe nigeria govt want. you may have to pay. it is beyoud seun to run what the information minister want. I have a server so i know this things. it would demand 24 hrs monitoring. i tell you if nigeria want to get to the stage. talk to me.

i wish my home country have the same vision USA has. but they do not understand. why the USA is doing it. over here the USA pay alot of money to move IT , telecommunication people to the USA. green card offer, they pay children school fee. $100,000 to relocate to the USA. and people ask but the USA is not making money from this website, the answer is vision. the USA is smarter than other nation. even my home country. not something i want to say over the internet. the USA have vision
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Is BecomeRich the old Nigeria 1 that owns the google earth satellite company?
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by BecomeRich: 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2008
So only your Nigeria1 works in IT , telecommunication and engineering sector.
look here is the point technology cost money. it is not cheap. and you would see technology. what works in nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by earTHMama: 8:29pm On Dec 26, 2008
Don't even deny it. You are Nigeria 1 and it's like you've been banned many times b/c of your satellite images.
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by otokx(m): 9:06pm On Dec 26, 2008
Have been looking for you Nigeria1
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by geolabious(m): 9:10pm On Dec 26, 2008
[size=13pt]Its a joke[/size]
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by earTHMama: 9:46pm On Dec 26, 2008
Have been looking for you Nigeria1

Well you just found him. Do you need a job in the satellite industry or google earth?
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by BecomeRich: 11:55pm On Dec 26, 2008
earthmama, everybody see you on line, so we know you have no job. With different name on nairaland. It is not time 2009 for you to have a life. 2008 you are online 24 hrs. What do you gain for 24 hrs online. Nothing. Time yesterdays you waste , you can not gain today. If you are looking for a job. tell everybody. we many help you. which city are you. ??
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by Muza(m): 1:00am On Dec 27, 2008
BecomeRich:

earthmama, everybody see you on line, so we know you have no job. With different name on nairaland. It is not time 2009 for you to have a life. 2008 you are online 24 hrs. What do you gain for 24 hrs online. Nothing. Time yesterdays you waste , you can not gain today. If you are looking for a job. tell everybody. we many help you. which city are you. ??
grin cheesy lmao grin cheesy grin
I thought i was the only one that noticed.
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by Nobody: 1:07am On Dec 27, 2008
BecomeRich:

Atleast we know you're not spending your time in the classroom undecided
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by diasporian: 1:11am On Dec 27, 2008
stupid goats, Nigerians.

If nothing is done, they cry out loud, when something is done, they still cry out loud, with their dirty stinky mouths, even if Jesus Christ comes to town to make things better in Nigeria, I am not sure he will achieve much due to stinky mouths who thinks they know better.
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by Nobody: 1:13am On Dec 27, 2008
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by Tapiya(m): 1:32am On Dec 27, 2008
diasporian:

stupid goats, Nigerians.

If nothing is done, they cry out loud, when something is done, they still cry out loud, with their dirty stinky mouths, even if Jesus Christ comes to town to make things better in Nigeria, I am not sure he will achieve much due to stinky mouths who thinks they know better.
Diasporan abi na wetin you call yourself where are you from? are you not a nigerian? Most you resort to insults to bring out a simple Point? Be careful in this and I demand you go back and Modify your post then stop Generalising things no every nigerian Believes what other People think we all have different Opinions and thats what makes us thick.
earTHMama:

Well you just found him. Do you need a job in the satellite industry or google earth?
and for you to assume everyone that is online 24/7 is Jobless ? some people have internet access 24/7 more over internet has gone Mobile I can online with my I pod where there is Wifi Enabled Network as well as when am at home, Guys mind your statements and learn to be objective when talking.
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by earTHMama: 7:16am On Dec 27, 2008
earthmama, everybody see you on line, so we know you have no job.  With different name on nairaland. It is not time 2009 for you to have a life. 2008 you are online 24 hrs. What do you gain for 24 hrs online. Nothing. Time yesterdays you waste , you can not gain today. If you are looking for a job. tell everybody. we many help you. which city are you. ??
Roflmao   grin grin grin

Can you post satellite pictures of buildings that have job vacancies now please?. Do you need my zip code to close in on the jobs in my city?
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by blackspade(m): 7:43am On Dec 27, 2008
BecomeRich:

ROTFLMAO!

Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by DisGuy: 6:52pm On May 23, 2009
"[b]Every parastatal [/b]must have an active and vibrant website up and running before the end of March 2009, and I am ready to support you to make sure that this happens. On our part, before the end of March 2009, this ministry will create a vibrant website that will enable people around the world to find everything they need to know about Nigeria in a click. This will be an interactive website that will allow people to ask questions and get answers. It will also provide polling opportunity

erm its May now kini scores?

http://www.ntaplus.com/ lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by bawomolo(m): 6:56pm On May 23, 2009
http://www.nigeria.gov.ng/dailies.aspx

right under president speeches.

testing testing testing grin
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by ifyalways(f): 6:57pm On May 23, 2009
bawomolo:

http://www.nigeria.gov.ng/dailies.aspx

right under president speeches.

testing testing testing grin
ridiculous.
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by DisGuy: 6:58pm On May 23, 2009
thats the old one.   .   .

www.fmic.gov.ng she is even bored of the new ones

www.nigeriarebrands.com

even the content editor is using yahoo, gmail

Tel:+234-8059606062, +234-7031997576,
Email: ganosike@gmail.com, greyneanosike@yahoo.com, ganosike@nigeria.gov.ng
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Shutdown by bawomolo(m): 7:04pm On May 23, 2009
lol that seems unprofessional. he should be using his office address and not his personal one.

the re branding website is interesting. It seems more about Akunyili than the rebranding itself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nemesis - Association For Better Nigeria, Abn (version II) - LOLZ!!!!! / Constitutional Ammendment May Lift Ban On Foreign Account Ownership / Leading Into The Future. Fashola Hands Over Sec Command And Control Center. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.