Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters (2655 Views)

Seven Photos Nigerian Police Would Want Removed From Internet / President Buhari States Reason Why He Was Removed From Office In 1985 / Checkout Olisa Metuh's Swag Today Immediately Handcuff Was Removed From Him(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by Ikengawo: 11:59pm On Nov 09, 2015
[size=25pt]Barclays cuts Nigeria from EM local bond index as of February[/size]

"Nigeria will be removed from the flagship Emerging Markets Local Currency Government Index as of February 1, 2016," the bank said in a statement, adding that the debt would continue to be eligible for its broader Emerging Markets Local Currency Government Universal Index.
Read more at

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/09/nigeria-bond-indices-idUSL9N0Z501E20151109#irFeieqFukEScsAY.99
Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by Deltagiant: 12:00am On Nov 10, 2015
Interesting

I'm not surprise because there's no clear policy direction.

Foreign Direct Investments are fast dwindling in a contraption whose source of revenue is 90% Crude Oil even as there is no electricity to aid the manufacturing sector.

How could such an economy be amongst the emerging markets...Emerging from where?

18 Likes

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by abe4kom: 12:02am On Nov 10, 2015
See gbege!

So what's the use of all the travelling to chatham house, UN, G7, G8, G9, even Western Germany?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by LegatusGlaber(m): 12:02am On Nov 10, 2015
Much ado about nothing
Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by Ufranklin92(m): 12:03am On Nov 10, 2015
like seriously
Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by lmm4real: 12:05am On Nov 10, 2015
Chai there is
Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 10, 2015
Good
Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by mazzi: 12:05am On Nov 10, 2015
Nigeria is going like a bazaar goat,going,going,gone!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by Ikengawo: 12:06am On Nov 10, 2015
[size=25pt]Foreign investors withdraw over $200m from Nigeria’s equities market – report[/size]

The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) has said that foreign investors withdrew N40.07 billion (about $204m) from the equities market in the month of September.

The NSE said in its domestic and foreign portfolio participation report in equity trading for September 2015 posted on its website that the Monthly Foreign Portfolio Investment (FPI) transactions at the exchange dropped to N69.33 billion (about $353m) in September, down from N81.13 billion (about $413m) at the end of August 2015, representing a decline of 14.54 percent.

It stated that domestic investors conceded about 6.72 percent of trading to foreign investors compared to the 11.38 percent they conceded in the previous month as domestic transactions increased from 44.31 percent to 46.64 percent, while FPI transactions dropped from 55.69 percent to 53.36 percent over the same period.

Foreign portfolio investors’ inflows went down from N33.06 billion to N29.26 billion, while the outflows declined to N40.07 from N48.07 in August. In comparison to the same period in 2014, total FPI transactions decreased by 69.42 percent, whilst the total domestic transactions decreased by 79.53 percent.

Market analysts said the data confirmed that foreign investors had continued to withdraw funds out of the country while reducing inflows of funds into the market.

They said that it was likely that October would be worse considering the level of sell-offs that had occurred with the NSE All Share Index declined by 6.53 percent at the end of October 2015.
http://en.starafrica.com/news/foreign-investors-withdraw-over-200m-from-nigerias-equities-market-report.html

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by Ufranklin92(m): 12:08am On Nov 10, 2015
why wont they do that,when the He goat openly said the country is broke cheesy cheesy cheesy

18 Likes

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by redsun(m): 12:11am On Nov 10, 2015
There may be something good for Nigeria there. These international scam schemes in the name of economic theories,indexes,forexes and gdps don't really benefit the common people.

Economic doesn't have go be in books and specific regulations,rather it should be in practice,impulse and genuinely beneficial to the people.

Who feels,knows it. We don't need guidance to survive,all we need is our own instinct and intuitive understanding of the world we live in.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 10, 2015
Na wa oooo
Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by mazzi: 12:35am On Nov 10, 2015
I pray it won't be removed from world map.

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by abiolasogey(m): 2:06am On Nov 10, 2015
Ok,,i dnt knw wat to say,,jst wanna comment sha
Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by yomi007k(m): 2:22am On Nov 10, 2015
redsun:
There may be something good for Nigeria there. These international scam schemes in the name of economic theories,indexes,forexes and gdps don't really benefit the common people.

Economic doesn't have go be in books and specific regulations,rather it should be in practice,impulse and genuinely beneficial to the people.

Who feels,knows it. We don't need guidance to survive,all we need is our own instinct and intuitive understanding of the world we live in.
Thank u very much.

All d period we have been an international Emerging market no be den Dollar dey rise, oil prices dey fall, unemployment dey increase?

These oyinbos are scammers. They notice we will soon start producing our own stuffs n won't be needing theirs so dey will pull out.

I beg I will patronize our own junks rather than their crap. To hell wit dem.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by Nobody: 2:43am On Nov 10, 2015
Those in support of Buhari say ayi! Against say Nay!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by mployer(m): 4:23am On Nov 10, 2015
redsun:

We know you are an illiterate but you must not always talk like one undecided

Listing Nigerian as emerging market makes it an investment destination for foreign investors. De-listing her is a keep-off warning to them

Do your dumb head still think we don't need foreign investors to grow?

20 Likes

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by mployer(m): 4:28am On Nov 10, 2015
yomi007k:

Thank u very much.

All d period we have been an international Emerging market no be den Dollar dey rise, oil prices dey fall, unemployment dey increase?

These oyinbos are scammers. They notice we will soon start producing our own stuffs n won't be needing theirs so dey will pull out.

What do you want to produce? Even china needed massive investment from Americans to get on track.

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by yomi007k(m): 4:36am On Nov 10, 2015
mployer:

What do you want to produce? Even china needed massive investment from Americans to get on track.

Pessimist.

We will produce our basics(food,toletories,drugs,fuel,clothes). And then grow gradually thus reducing unemployment.

We are solely a consumer nation. Gotta hustle.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by ZUBY77(m): 4:39am On Nov 10, 2015
abe4kom:
See gbege!

So what's the use of all the travelling to chatham house, UN, G7, G8, G9, even Western Germany?

Just to show the world that he finally made it to the presidency after 4 attempts. What else?

I understand how it feels to be vocally marginalized and I felt that it was an insult when The supposedly father of the nation went all the way to USA to insult me with 5%.
I know how it felt because I registered with APC in my ward, i got my membership card.
I was among the delegates that voted for the local government Chairman of APC in Awgu, Enugu State.

Since I don't like partisan politics, I voted PDP in governorship election but voted for Buhari.
I drove all the way to the village to do all that with the petrol I bought with my money. I took risk driving on the bad Enugu-Onitsha express way, jumping pot holes and the likes.

At the end of all that, Buhari not only appointed his fellow people to fill every important position in Nigeria, he went all out to call me 5%.

Father Mbaka was more vocal than millions of Notherners during the campaign. He not only condemned Jonathan, he praised Buhari citing his anti corruption tendencies.
He is from Enugu State. But Buhari traveled to USA to insult him with 5%. Now the man doesn't know how to answer questions relating to politics in the center. The next thing for him will be to start accusing the Governor of one thing or the other, leaving out the man that called him 5%.

All I can say is that Another election will come. If APC doesn't produce a vibrant young less religious and tribal bigoted man from the north, I will advice my ward members not to vote APC.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by DaBullIT(m): 4:41am On Nov 10, 2015
$200 million is less than Madueke's $20B

Corruption is what's killing Niger , not Buhari's policies
Ikengawo:
[size=25pt]Foreign investors withdraw over $200m from Nigeria’s equities market – report[/size]

http://en.starafrica.com/news/foreign-investors-withdraw-over-200m-from-nigerias-equities-market-report.html

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by ZUBY77(m): 4:41am On Nov 10, 2015
redsun:

Blockhead

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by ZUBY77(m): 4:44am On Nov 10, 2015
yomi007k:

Thank u very much.

You will soon start producing what?
It will take another 20 years before you have stable Electricity, and that's if the animals in Aso rock start doing something immediately.
It is only then that you can be able to produce anything.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by yomi007k(m): 4:50am On Nov 10, 2015
ZUBY77:

You will soon start producing what?
It will take another 20 years before you have stable Electricity, and that's if the animals in Aso rock start doing something immediately.
It is only then that you can be able to produce anything.

Thank u sir for ur opinion,

Isn't it obvious that the electricity issue is IMPROVING?
Or do u wanna compare it with Jonathan's time? Let's be Realistic here.

Even if we don have constant power supply, atleast the cost of fuel will reduce.

ONE STEP AT A TIME.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by baby124: 4:52am On Nov 10, 2015
Let us not claim we belong on the indexes when we clearly don't. Nigeria's presence on those indexes have been clearly fabricated. We are not even strong enough to have ever featured on those indexes. What ever we made from oil was stolen and not used to strengthen our economy. What ever investment they claim, is artificial and clearly one sided.

Our economy gains nothing when the so called investor bribes some criminals with scraps, so they can steal our common wealth. Most of these reactions are a fall out on Buhari's stand to strengthen the naira. If we don't stand up and sort ourselves, we will never be free from economic slavery. Let us focus on cleaning our dirty house before inviting opportunists to come and invest.

We need to focus on building a strong economy and stop electing dull people who cannot think past the crumbs they receive today. I am sure Nigerians will be shocked at how much was lost to these so called strong economies/ "investors" because some dull criminals chose to settle themselves at the expense of the economy. If we ask for the countries these "investor's" come from to investigate the investor criminals, all we will get is stories.

All these big banks are the life blood of their countries. The African gets punished for fighting back. They only want to create a false panic in the market. How else will they get us to keep selling ourselves by doing what they want? Does it make sense that Nigeria, the giant of Africa finally gets someone that is doing something about corruption, yet they predict doom and gloom. Isn't that in a normal country supposed to boost investor confidence? So what are we saying. Let us face our work and do the right thing for one, investors will come begging and then we can negotiate better terms. If we do not do this, Africa will not move forward. We Nigerian's are the light for Africa.

We are just finding our level economically. Let's be honest with ourselves here. We have nothing to show for the so called oil boom that will entice investors to even stay. Development does not happen on the pages of secret documents, it will be felt and seen if it was ever there.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by ZUBY77(m): 5:02am On Nov 10, 2015
yomi007k:

Even if we don have constant power supply, atleast the cost of fuel will reduce.

ONE STEP AT A TIME.

No young man.. Electricity is not improving. We are still running in circles.

I am currently in China. Strong metal poles that transport Electricity to homes are strong enough to Stand for 100 years or more.

In Nigeria, the wooden poles will not stand 10 years before falling.
Our power sector requires total revamped.
All those things you see as improvement are just temporal, things will fall back to the comatose state.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by yomi007k(m): 5:16am On Nov 10, 2015
ZUBY77:

No young man.. Electricity is not improving. We are still running in circles.

I am currently in China. Strong metal poles that transport Electricity to homes are strong enough to Stand for 100 years or more.

In Nigeria, the wooden poles will not stand 10 years before falling.
Our power sector requires total revamped.
All those things you see as improvement are just temporal, things will fall back to the comatose state.

Electricity has "improved" unless u don't know wat d meaning of that word stands for.
Poles are being replaced with concrete poles here in my area in Lagos state.

I have lived in China for years n I can tell u that we cannot catch up with dos guys in a thousand years we better start doing our own little.
The chinese faced their problems n made sacrifices towards solving them, now d whole world turns to dem.

An average black man can't even live like d typical chinese man, n dat includes u ..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by Nobody: 5:26am On Nov 10, 2015
It's a shame that Buhari has decided to surround himself with praise singers and as$ lickers thereby completely blocking him from reality

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by miqos02(m): 5:35am On Nov 10, 2015
ok
Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by Onyejiuwaokoh: 5:39am On Nov 10, 2015
The wise ones are entering the Noah ark to be saved from the flood(economic disaster) while the foolish gullible ones are still shouting change.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by revolt(m): 5:50am On Nov 10, 2015
yomi007k:

ONE STEP AT A TIME.
lousiest post this year, the things I hear from masses shocks me, they're more emmotional than rational

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Yahaya Bello (fairplus) Of APC Denied Himself Of Being The Next Kogi State G / Obiano-flags-off-n1-4trn-housing-project-in-awka / Who Says The North Is Feeding Fat On Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.