Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

I've Been Disenfranchised - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I've Been Disenfranchised (489 Views)

Inec, PDP Disenfranchised Me - Yinka Olaofe, UPN Ogun Assembly Candidate (pics) / Taraba PDP Chair’s Name Missing In Inec’s Register And700-others Disenfranchised / Who Has Disenfranchised The South? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I've Been Disenfranchised by bellville: 3:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
So today I took time off work to pick up my permanent voter card at the INEC distribution centre in Comprehensive High School, Ifako Gbagada. I was expecting to see a mammoth crowd but saw just a few people waiting in line. The fact that I would not have to stand in a long queue increased my enthusiasm. I said to myself, "this must be my lucky day".

My expectation was however dealt a huge blow by the INEC official standing by the door of the distribution room. The following conversation ensued:

Me: Good afternoon, madam
INEC official: Yes good afternoon.
Me: I want to collect my pvc. I registered here in Ifako in 2011.
INEC official: Let me see your card.
Me: (I gave her the card. There is a transparent file jacket on her desk containing a handwritten list of polling unit numbers. She ran the card over the list. She stopped when she got to my polling unit number 043. My enthusiasm heightened on seeing the number on the list).
INEC official: (Looking away absentmindedly) Madam, your polling unit has been cancelled. So no card.
Me: What?!
INEC official: Next person, please

I smell lies, deceit and a calculated attempt to perpetrate electoral fraud. This same response was given to two others after me however with some slight variation like "INEC can't find your data"- the data of all those who registered in the unit! Another man complained that he was checking back for the third time.

We all left disappointed. Now we can't vote to make the desired change.
Re: I've Been Disenfranchised by Truth24(m): 3:59pm On Jan 27, 2015
Poor u

(1) (Reply)

Apc, Fayose Clash Over Student Leaders’ Arrest / Nigeria Military Warned Before Major Boko Haram Attacks / You Must Read ( Nigerian Should Learn A Lesson)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.