Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

My Laptop Refuses To Format And Refuses To Download And Install Some Softwares - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Laptop Refuses To Format And Refuses To Download And Install Some Softwares (830 Views)

My Acer Laptop Refuses To Power ON. / My Laptop Refuses To Charge...... Pls Help / Easy Steps To Format A Window7 Computer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Laptop Refuses To Format And Refuses To Download And Install Some Softwares by komols856: 4:16pm On Jan 27, 2015
i have two window XP running on my laptop. and i have been trying to format it and install a new window XP or window 7 but it refuses to format, and i cannot install a new window on it too. i have tried seriously but all to no avail. please what is the cause of the problem and how do i mitigate it?

secondly, after downloading something, i tried to run it, but it refuses to run as well. and an error pop message use to prop up. here is the error message: the application failed to initialized properly (0xc0000135). what is the problem and the solution to it. please help me out my fellow nairaland with a solution of what to do.....thank you
Re: My Laptop Refuses To Format And Refuses To Download And Install Some Softwares by Lexusgs430: 5:03pm On Jan 27, 2015
Have you tried using a Windows XP Re-installation disc?
Re: My Laptop Refuses To Format And Refuses To Download And Install Some Softwares by komols856: 9:07pm On Jan 27, 2015
@lexuxg...what do u mean by window xp re-installation disc. do u mean i buy new window xp and install. i have done that but to no avail. even the files in the old window refuses to clear off. i dont know what to do...help pls
Re: My Laptop Refuses To Format And Refuses To Download And Install Some Softwares by Lexusgs430: 10:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
komols856:
@lexuxg...what do u mean by window xp re-installation disc. do u mean i buy new window xp and install. i have done that but to no avail. even the files in the old window refuses to clear off. i dont know what to do...help pls

Reinstallation disc is not a standard Windows xp disc. It is a restore and repair disc.
Re: My Laptop Refuses To Format And Refuses To Download And Install Some Softwares by newspostng(m): 11:35pm On Jan 27, 2015
change your hard drive ,once it refuse to format.
Re: My Laptop Refuses To Format And Refuses To Download And Install Some Softwares by bedfordng(m): 3:33pm On Jan 28, 2015
your system may be infected with virus.as for the format problem, did not get you when you said you have two xp running.is it that you are dual booting two win xp on the lappy or using vmware.
Re: My Laptop Refuses To Format And Refuses To Download And Install Some Softwares by komols856: 5:42pm On Feb 03, 2015
@bedfordng...i mean i have 2 window xp installed on my system. each time the system want to boot, it will ask me to choose from the 2 window xp, i will select one and click enter..then it will start to boot normally. i want the system to boot properly each time i on it without asking me to choose....i have tried to remove both windows and install another one but all to no avail.....please what should i do?
Re: My Laptop Refuses To Format And Refuses To Download And Install Some Softwares by bestiyke(m): 10:39pm On Feb 03, 2015
What are the processes take? U should try to delet all the partitions on drive before formating. Format and load window on a single partition. Also if u're using quick format, try format, or vice versa.

(1) (Reply)

Buy Already Loaded Memory Card With Songs And Videos For Cheap Amount / How To Implement Vlan On Mikrotik / Gameplay Demo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.