Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,710 members, 7,813,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan (1287 Views)

Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive / Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan / 2015: Ohanaeze Endorses Jonathan, Threatens To Sanction Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan by Kingspin(m): 10:01pm On Jan 27, 2015
Akure: Afenifere endorses Jonathan

The Yoruba socio-political group Afenifere has endorsed President Goodluck Jonathan’s bid for a second term in office.

It gave its endorsement at a meeting of its members with the President at the residence of Afenifere leader, Chief Reuben Fasanranti in Akure on Tuesday.

Jonathan told reporters as he left the meeting place that he had come to pay homage to the leader of Afenifere.

Spokesman for the group, Yinka Odumakin, told reporters after the meeting that the endorsement was predicated on the President’s commitment to implementing the recommendations of report of the National Conference 2014.

“Afenifere supports the President’s reelection because he had the courage to convoke the national conference and we hope that he will implement the report.

“The President expressed the commitment that he will adopt the report within 12 months of returning to office,” Odumakin said.

Governor Olusegun Mimikon, who spoke after the meeting, said “This is the first time Afenifere will be endorsing any President.”

He said Afenifere remained a credible and dependable socio-political group in the south west.
http://www.punchng.com/news/afenifere-endorses-jonathan/

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan by Kingspin(m): 10:03pm On Jan 27, 2015
I tell you, even the devil knows that Jonathan is the most Qualified.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan by BlackTechnology: 10:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
True sons of Odua have spoken cool

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
Light and darkness can't co-exist. Let the transformation continues. The real sons of oduduwa has spoken

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan by mail2shina(m): 10:10pm On Jan 27, 2015
Another twist
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan by LRNZH(m): 10:12pm On Jan 27, 2015
Remember the case of the UPN endorsement of GEJ.
Afenifere faction C ....loooool grin

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan by babyfaceafrica: 10:18pm On Jan 27, 2015
Afenifere has lost its relevance in southwest politics...while its not totality their fault,they need to step up their game and realise that in Nigerian politics what matters is money and connections and they don't hve both..Tinubu has unfortunately

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan by wakaman: 10:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
Afenifere - awon agbalagba alatenuje.

atenu!

Sai buhari jare!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan by omaiyale: 10:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
I respect their choice, as for me and my sibling in Buhari we stand.

GMB all the way

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan by Aksonman: 10:30pm On Jan 27, 2015
MOST Yorubas will vote Goodluck Jonathan; the only Yorubas supporting Buhari are 1. Radical Muslim Yorubas, 2. Yoruba members of RCCG (secretly praying for Buhari to die in office so Osinbajo takes over) 3. Yoruba closet tribalists & Tinubu disciples.

Luckily again MOST Yorubas are free thinking liberals and are solidly behind GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan by okosodo: 10:33pm On Jan 27, 2015
Jona is the better evil to the taliban
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 27, 2015
Afenifere Falae and friends endorsed GEJ...

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 27, 2015
at least they are holding Jonathan to something

Implementing the Confab reports is key to us making political and economic progress

I have also said it too many times that the South west is too enlightened, too civilised and too educated to choose a 72year old former dictator who usurped democracy over moving forward or making imperfect progress!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan by sammyj: 10:36pm On Jan 27, 2015
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan by ManUtdholic: 10:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
This APC that keeps deceiving themselves about SW votes, I know my pple
Until they vote for you don't dare think u have won
If you think am lying ask aregbe, how his rally get overcrowded u would think omisore won't get up to 5k votes yet he lost, but rigged the election now the tribunal has dilapidated his vote from 400k to 230k
While omisore is 292k

If any of u still keeps deceiving ursef about SW votes expecially based on crowd keep it up
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan by adadadon(m): 10:45pm On Jan 27, 2015
yinka odumakin should pray oau students don't stone him fir supporting gej
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan by adadadon(m): 10:46pm On Jan 27, 2015
[s]yinka odumakin should pray oau students don't stone him fir supporting ge
ManUtdholic:
This APC that keeps deceiving themselves about SW votes, I know my pple
Until they vote for you don't dare think u have won
If you think am lying ask aregbe, how his rally get overcrowded u would think omisore won't get up to 5k votes yet he lost, but rigged the election now the tribunal has dilapidated his vote from 400k to 230k
While omisore is 292k

If any of u still keeps deceiving ursef about SW votes expecially based on crowd keep it up

[/s] liar
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan by mazzi: 10:46pm On Jan 27, 2015
True sons of oduduwa,waiting for ohaneze to do compliment it.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan by ManUtdholic: 10:51pm On Jan 27, 2015
adadadon:
[s]yinka odumakin should pray oau students don't stone him fir supporting ge
[/s] liar
Okay
It will soon clear for ur eyes like carnival
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 27, 2015
Well.....they don't speak for me...neither do they speak for my family members.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan by Omila007: 11:39pm On Jan 27, 2015
Like i have always said before, GEJ still enjoys huge support from the south west.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan by baybeeboi: 11:40pm On Jan 27, 2015
Of course responsible people will endourse Jonathan.
Let the terrorists endorse our dear General.
Anyways....
GRJ till 2019

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Campaign On An Almost Empty Stadium In Gombe / Was This A Mistake Or...? (Photo) / Amaechi And Bola Tinunbu Secret Meeting On Video APC New Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.