Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive (20178 Views)

Tom Marino Writes Kerry, Accuses Buhari Of Autocratic Tendencies / Solomon Asemota Accuses Buhari Of Appointing Islamist Jihadists / Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by stnwani(m): 10:34pm On Feb 18, 2015
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, General Mohammadu Buhari, has been accused of merely pretending to be a progressives when in reality,he is not.

This accusation was made yesterday by Yoruba leaders under the umbrella of Yoruba Progressives, who recalled how the former military head of state reportedly attacked the progressive movement during his regime.

According to the group in a statement by the Secretary General of Afenifere, Senator Femi Okurounmu, Buhari insulted Chief Obafemi Awolowo and surrounded his house with troops, seized his international passport and in the process, shortened his life by denying him a medical trip abroad.

“The APC presidential candidate incarcerated governors of Unity Party of Nigeria, UPN and also cancelled the Lagos Metroline Projects.

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2015/02/18/yoruba-group-accuses-buhari-pretending-progressive/?wt=4

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 10:43pm On Feb 18, 2015
Make una mercy the old man

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by sweetbaby22(f): 11:01pm On Feb 18, 2015
mkpakanaodogwu:
Make una mercy the old man

What mercy? This is the kind of person some people want to become president. What did he do from 31 December 1983 to 27 August 1985 when he had the chance to rule Nigeria.

114 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 18, 2015
Buhari has no close friend from any other ethnic group in Nigeria apart from his own. The best he will say is that his driver is Igbo.

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 11:06pm On Feb 18, 2015
sweetbaby22:

What mercy? This is the kind of person some people want to become president. What did he do from 31 December 1983 to 27 August 1985 when he had the chance to rule Nigeria.
dear their plan will not work

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by LFJ: 11:09pm On Feb 18, 2015
sweetbaby22:

Is that person not better than Mr. stealing is not corruption you want us to vote for?

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by AdoIfHitler: 11:10pm On Feb 18, 2015
Hehehehehehe even haypeeceee are rejecting Buhari

Chai i don be for General terrorist oo

Well thats non of my business because
The only language i understand now is Gej till 2019

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by AdoIfHitler: 11:12pm On Feb 18, 2015
LFJ:

Is that person not better than Mr. stealing is not corruption you want us to vote for?

The real yorubas are out there shouting Gej till 2019

Pictures of you being a yoruba or adonbilivit

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by clevvermind(m): 11:14pm On Feb 18, 2015
The only known achievements of Buhari was
killing of Nigerian youths, Yoruba inclusive and
jailing their journalists and politicians.

Unfortunately, most of the journalists that
suffered unjustly in the 18 months rule of buhari
has died. If all of them were alive today, they
would set the west on fire for any of you
mentioning the name buhari. Awolowo did not
deserve to be de-humanized by a poorly trained,
ill educated fulani soldier. He gave the Yorubas a
pride of place in the Nigerian project. Most of you
and your fathers went to school because Awolowo
made it possible. #gej d way forward

106 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by LFJ: 11:14pm On Feb 18, 2015
jerseyboy:
Buhari has no close friend from any other ethnic group in Nigeria. The best he will say is that his driver is Igbo.

No wonder that Jonathan that is popular all over the world is afraid of election while the unpopular Buhari is ready?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by LFJ: 11:18pm On Feb 18, 2015
clevvermind:

The only known achievements of Buhari was
killing of Nigerian youths, Yoruba inclusive and
jailing their journalists and politicians.

Unfortunately, most of the journalists that
suffered unjustly in the 18 months rule of buhari
has died. If all of them were alive today, they
would set the west on fire for any of you
mentioning the name buhari. Awolowo did not
deserve to be de-humanized by a poorly trained,
ill educated fulani soldier. He gave the Yorubas a
pride of place in the Nigerian project. Most of you
and your fathers went to school because Awolowo
made it possible. #gej d way forward

While part of the achievements of Jonathan were promoting corruption, encouraging tribal and religion war.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by LFJ: 11:20pm On Feb 18, 2015
[quote author=AdoIfHitler post=30864354]

The real yorubas are out there shouting Gej till 2019

Pictures of you being a yoruba or adonbilivit[/quote

Are you singing or talking?

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by AdoIfHitler: 11:23pm On Feb 18, 2015
[quote author=LFJ post=30864578][/quote]

You're not quoting me well try and learn how to quote somebody then we can talk about singing

14 Likes

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by LFJ: 11:27pm On Feb 18, 2015
AdoIfHitler:

You're not quoting me well try and learn how to quote somebody then we can talk about singing

Is he still talking? Tell your god father that the game is up. Nigeria cannot tolerate f.o.ol as leader again.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by clevvermind(m): 11:28pm On Feb 18, 2015
LFJ:

While part of the achievements of Jonathan were promoting corruption, encouraging tribal and religion war.
stop painting Jonathan black. Jonathan is the man that can take Nigeria forward. buhari can never bring any change. he is just acting like a chameleon now to deceive the electorate. we know his true colour.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by clevvermind(m): 11:30pm On Feb 18, 2015
True Nigerians should note these facts:

-GMB attacked progressive movement during his
regime.

-Buhari insulted Chief Obafemi Awolowo,
surrounded his house with troops and seized his
international passport and shortened his life by
denying him a medical trip overseas.

-“The APC presidential candidate incarcerated
governors of Unity Party of Nigeria, UPN and also
cancelled the Lagos Metroline Projects.

-GEJ has made remarkable progress in areas of
economy, democracy, human rights and rule of
law in the "face of politically promoted
insurgency,”

Buhari is indeed non-progressive! #GEJ4Naija

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by AdoIfHitler: 11:32pm On Feb 18, 2015
LFJ:

Is he still talking? Tell your god father that the game is up. Nigeria cannot tolerate f.o.ol as leader again.

But
Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam naaaaa

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by LFJ: 11:32pm On Feb 18, 2015
clevvermind:
stop painting Jonathan black. Jonathan is the man that can take Nigeria forward. buhari can never bring any change. he is just acting like a chameleon now to deceive the electorate. we know his true colour.

Okay let me paint him in blue so that you can get the message clear that Jonathan is not worth to be head boy of a primary school.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by clevvermind(m): 11:35pm On Feb 18, 2015
LFJ:

Okay let me paint him in blue so that you can get the message clear that Jonathan is not worth to be head boy of a primary school.
but he is your president and there is nothing you can do about it.

Jonathan till 2019.

gudnyte.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by DesChyko: 11:40pm On Feb 18, 2015
If I hear Progressive?
That devil's incarnate.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by LFJ: 12:16am On Feb 19, 2015
AdoIfHitler:

But
Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam naaaaa

If Buhari is a terrorist, who is Jonathan? A f.o.o.l celebrated as a leader. A good representative of what incompetent represented. A man who redefine corruption, and break the law of the land with impunity.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by LFJ: 12:21am On Feb 19, 2015
clevvermind:
but he is your president and there is nothing you can do about it.

Jonathan till 2019.

gudnyte.

That is the reason why i am going to vote wisely, because I am ashame of a fo.o.l as leader.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by mrofficial(m): 12:23am On Feb 19, 2015
Money is obviously rolling everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by Nobody: 12:51am On Feb 19, 2015
Buhari has already lost this election
mark my words.
true progressives are no longer keeping quiet.
damn, Buhari almost deceived people! cheesy

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by oduastates: 12:58am On Feb 19, 2015
who is a progressive?

A progressive' goal is to secure the real and not nominal rule of the people.

I have argued many times that Nigeria lacks ideologies. The only people I can tag with an ideology is the upper echelon of lagos APC. They are in reality,centre right politicians otherwise known as conservatives. Nothing bad with that.
An individual like aregbesola is a leftists. Conservative in many ways but has earned the tight to be called a progressive with his policies .
On the other hand, most of the others are simply usual African crooks who should never have been anywhere near the seat of power. They are simply the usual African materialistic kleptomaniacs .
OKUNRUNMU IS DEFINITELY NOT A PROGRESSIVE.

Mr. J.A. Froude (100 years ago)

Two kinds of men… appear as leaders in time of change. … On one side there are the… men who have no confidence in the people—who have no passionate convictions—men who believe that all wholesome reforms proceed downward from the educated to the multitudes; who regard with contempt, qualified by terror, appeals to the popular conscience or to popular intelligence.

Opposite to these are the men of faith—and by faith I do not mean belief in dogmas, but belief in goodness, belief in justice, in righteousness.… They are not contented with looking for what may be useful or pleasant to themselves; they look by quite other methods for what is honorable, for what is good, for what is just. They believe that if they can find out that, then all hazards, in spite of all present consequences to themselves, that is to be preferred?

When the air is heavy with impostors, and men live only to make money,… and the kingdom of heaven is bought and sold, and all that is high and pure in man is smothered by corruption, fire of the same kind bursts out in higher natures with a fierceness which cannot be controlled; and confident in truth and right, they call fearlessly on the seven thousand in Israel who have not bowed the knee to Baal to rise and stand by them.

They do not ask whether those whom they address have wide knowledge of history or science or philosophy; they ask rather that they shall be honest, that they shall be brave.… They know well that conscience is no exceptional privilege of the great or the cultivated, that to be generous and unselfish is no prerogative of rank or intellect.

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by LFJ: 12:58am On Feb 19, 2015
relchange:
Buhari has already lost this election
mark my words.
true progressives are no longer keeping quiet.
damn, Buhari almost deceived people! cheesy

Why do we need to mark the words of empty drum who don't know that he is only entitle to just one vote?

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by Donmarrius: 6:34am On Feb 19, 2015
stnwani:
[size=25pt] The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, General Mohammadu Buhari, has been accused of merely pretending to be a progressives when in reality,he is not.[/size]

This accusation was made yesterday by Yoruba leaders under the umbrella of Yoruba Progressives, who recalled how the former military head of state reportedly attacked the progressive movement during his regime.

According to the group in a statement by the Secretary General of Afenifere, Senator Femi Okurounmu, Buhari insulted Chief Obafemi Awolowo and surrounded his house with troops, seized his international passport and in the process, shortened his life by denying him a medical trip abroad.

“The APC presidential candidate incarcerated governors of Unity Party of Nigeria, UPN and also cancelled the Lagos Metroline Projects.

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2015/02/18/yoruba-group-accuses-buhari-pretending-progressive/?wt=4
Nigerians are seeing clearer now,they cannever allow their sense of reasoning to be wooled with change mantra,while actually its a power grabbing plot.

19 Likes

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by mrrock: 7:24am On Feb 19, 2015
Any educated or and independent thinking Yoruba man without crowd mentality
will NEVER vote Buhari. It's a known fact Buhari have a history of turturing Yorubas and sending them to prison. Even Abacha had more love for Yorubas than Buhari...FACT.

List of people jailed by Buhari under different trumped up charges.

60% of them Yorubas and 97% of them from Southern Nigeria. Buhari had no regard for southerners (especially Yorubas).

1. Fela Anikulapokuti (Fela, a musician was jailed for getting paid about £7,000
after he held a show in London). This's like jailing 2Face because he went to
London and hosted a show and brought in £7,000 to Nigeria.
2. Chief Bisi Onabanjo
3. Chief Bola Ige
4. Chief Adekunle Ajasin
5 Chief Sam Mbakwe
6. Chief Ambrose Alli
7. Chief Apa Aku
8. Chief Jim Mwobodo
9. Chief L Kayode Jakande
10. Chief Alex Ekwueme
11. Chief Obafemi Awolowo (house in Apapa buggled and looted) Were these
the theives?. Were these the troublers of our Nation.
Meanwhile:
Shehu Shgari (house arrest).
Akinloye (resting in London).
Chief Akinjide (resting in london).
Uba Ahmed (allowed to elope with our money to the USA.
Umaru Dikko (cooling self in London. Later his forceful extradition was
sabotaged by insiders.
On on on and on...

That was how Buhari fought corruption. His interpretation of corruption is that
only people from southern Nigeria are corrupt.

95% of those he jailed remained the symbol of democracy till they died. And
it's their many years of labour on democracy that he wants to reap.
Buhari wants to reap where did not sow and I still can't believe that Yorubas
could easily be deceived.

NB: I was still young but I know Buhari ruled with maximum Brutality like Abacha. I need more names of people jailed by Buhari and their offence. If you
have them please post here.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by jaybee104(m): 7:24am On Feb 19, 2015
I wasnt born when he ruled. but my grand pa told me his story.. and now that my VOTE COUNTS,
PDP

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 19, 2015
Nigerian Politics....

Right now....the oil price is falling, the naira is effectively devalued, there are no more extra funds in the treasury, we may not be able to fund the budget, we have just been informed by the Power Minister that he lied when he promised us light a few years ago, we are still having high unemployment, we have a serious crisis in the North, we have an election comming up that may not end well......and all these people can talk about is whether Buhari is a progressive or not.

Comming up on Nigerian Political Discourse....

Is the colour of Buhari's cap indicative of his stand on Sharia?

Is the fact that Buhari wears glasses indicative of the level of his intelectual development?

Is the fact that Buhari talks with an accent indicative that he will find it difficult to chat with the Queen of England.

Is my brain on fire?

Wake me up when we are ready to talk about serious things in this country.It is a shame that the ruling party in particular cannot tell us what they have planned for the future...instead we get silly schoolboy jokes about the opponent.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by nationwide1(m): 7:25am On Feb 19, 2015
Only children are ignorant of this fact. Those calling Buhari progressive either don't know the meaning of progressive or have ulterior motives.

What can one point to as a proof of Buhari's progressive tendency through out his reign for almost 2 years?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 19, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edo: Thousands Of PDP, APGA, ADC Members Dump Party For APC, Back Obaseki / 2019 Presidency: PDP To Drop Aspirants With Graft Cases - Daily Sun / 'You Are Drowning Politically' - Oshiomhole Replies Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.