Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari (1978 Views)

Any Person Not In Support Of IPOB Must Be Killed - Naij / Photos OF The Co-ordinator Of Attacks On Chevron & NNPC Pipelines In Delta / Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by Justbright(m): 6:18am On Jan 28, 2015
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress in the February 14 presidential election, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), on Tuesday said he was not surprised at attacks on his person by the ruling Peoples Democratic Party leaders.

He also said that Nigeria could not afford another four years under a PDP-led government.

He explained that a party which had failed to deliver on promises it had been making to Nigerians for almost 16 years, would have nothing new to offer if given another four years.

Buhari said this while receiving in audience a delegation of members of the Peoples Democratic Movement who were in his office to adopt him as their candidate for the 2015 presidential election.

According to him, whether or not the Nigerian elite is willing to admit it, the 2015 elections represent a watershed in the nation’s political history.

He said, “What you have said summarises the problems of this country. You have looked carefully and found out that this year, 2015, whichever way politicians and the elite look at it, is another time or watershed in our political system.

“If we get it wrong this time, and allow the PDP to go again for the next four years, this country is going to be in trouble. Right now, with the unfortunate event of crumbling oil price, the economy is really in a mess. Coupled with insecurity, it is only a country like Nigeria that can survive and get out of this situation we are in. A lot of countries will just disappear either from the map or from the political equation of nation states. But Nigerians are so resilient to the extent that there are international personalities who could not understand why Nigeria still exists.

“There was a former UN Secretary General who said that if he retires, he will go to Nigeria because, according to him, what is happening to Nigeria, no other country can go through it and survive.”

Buhari added, “The 16 years of the PDP has been hell. Remember that we use to have Nigeria Airways, Nigeria Railways, Nigeria Shipping Line. Try and find out how much we have spent on power in the last 16 years from the vast resources we accumulate over that period because the price of oil went up to 142 dollars per barrel.

“What did we do with that money? We said that we paid debts with billions of Naira. If that amount was put into infrastructure such as power, roads, railways, farming etc, the amount of job it will create would be enormous. Today, some of our youths have become danger to the society because of lack of jobs. I hope the elite will properly document these 16 years as presenting the worst leadership this country has ever witnessed.”

Buhari noted that for Nigeria to develop, there must be a conscious effort to plan for the youths who, he said, constituted 65 per cent of the nation’s population.

He also said that the decision of his opponents to resort to personal attacks did not come to him as a surprise because “this is Nigeria.”

The candidate said, “I am not surprised. This is Nigeria, if people are serious about this (certificate) issue; they ought to have listened to the legal adviser of INEC.

“This is the fourth time, I’ll run for this office and INEC by law have got those documents. They (INEC) said they have got them. Anybody who has any different idea should go to court. They are now in court, let them remain there.”

Buhari also commended the PDM for coming out to join him in his quest to rescue Nigeria.

He told the delegation that he was delighted that the political family which former Vice President Atiku Abubakar was leading had formally declared support for him.

He revealed that he had tried to get them on board through Atiku who he described as “your senior colleague, the Turakin Adamawa.”

Earlier, the leader of the delegation, Bashir Ibrahim, who is also the national chairman of the party, said the delegation took the decision to support Buhari at a National Executive Committee meeting.

He said, “The NEC of our party, at its meeting of January 22, 2015 noted that the party has no presidential candidate for the election of February 14. It considered and accepted the need to support a candidate in order to save Nigeria for imminent collapse and give it a new lease of life.”

Meanwhile, the APC Presidential Campaign Organisation has alerted the nation’s security agencies of a plot to use thugs to embarrass Buhari.

According to the APC campaign, the plot is aimed at disrupting the campaign rally of its candidate scheduled to hold in Taraba State on Wednesday (today).

This was contained in a statement issued by the Directorate of Media and Publicity of the Campaign organisation.

It was signed by its Director, Mallam Garba Shehu. He said the APC Campaign got wind of a plan to use thugs to throw stones and sachets of water at the Buhari team when it visits the state.

Attacks on my person not surprising —Buhari
Via Top 20 News Websites.
http://www.punchng.com/news/attacks-on-my-person-not-surprising-buhari/

3 Likes

Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by Justbright(m): 6:19am On Jan 28, 2015
upon d attack u still floored their candidate on AIT poll before dey shut down d site.....

GMB u are d man for d job no doubt

16 Likes

Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by LagosBoi2(m): 6:23am On Jan 28, 2015
Something is very different about this man, I have never trusted any politician this way not even my own Jagaban

Some people are asking questions that how will the jobs be created, how will he get money to do this and that, It shows that Nigerians don't even understand how wealthy our country is.

GMB you are a indeed a patrotic Nigerian

You have the votes of my entire household

Sai Buhari!!!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by Olanireti(m): 6:23am On Jan 28, 2015
He saw it coming so he prepared very well for the attacks. Thats why hes always coming out of the attacks and aligation unscratched. Its all about politics. This is time for change. Keep waxing stronger peoples general, the masses are behind you. SAI BUHARI. ENOUGH OF CLUELESS AND BLOOD SHEDDING GOVERNMENT

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by jorlons(m): 6:25am On Jan 28, 2015
ok
Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by Rexsul: 6:27am On Jan 28, 2015
D attacks r Only makn u more popular sir. U r our President come Febuhari nd d pdp.igs cn neva change it....Sai Buhari!

5 Likes

Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by PassingShot(m): 6:27am On Jan 28, 2015
We're not surprised too. It is what people who have no qualities to sell themselves or their products resort to doing.

Only the gullible and unintelligent ones take them serious.

5 Likes

Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by Nobody: 6:28am On Jan 28, 2015
Olanireti:
He saw it coming so he prepared very well for the attacks. Thats why hes always coming out of the attacks and aligation unscratched. Its all about politics. This is time for change. Keep waxing stronger peoples general, the masses are behind you. SAI BUHARI. ENOUGH OF CLUELESS AND BLOOD SHEDDING GOVERNMENT

My brother have realized that none of those propaganda has changed the love the people have for this man? even the so called documentary on AIT is not yielding any fruit

PDP should just give up
Their time is up

feBUHARI14 on my mind

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by Vicotex(m): 6:28am On Jan 28, 2015
what's buhari saying?
Has he found the certificate?

2 Likes

Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by dunkem21(m): 6:29am On Jan 28, 2015
I am surprised too ..that you brought the attack on yourself.

They will soon slam you with a court injunction ..Your party advised us to go to court

Now, stop these attacks by writing WASC to release your certificate.

Why is it so hard for you to do this

1 Like

Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by yomip3t(m): 6:30am On Jan 28, 2015
GMB is the Man. We all know that. The P.D.Pigs knows also.
They will be forced to join the race.

It's obvious P.D.Pigs are just noise makers.
I so much love GMB response to the Certificate Saga. "Go To Court If you like"... Simple as ABC. That's a good one from a "LEADER"

We are tired of this noise pollution. If your Clueless PHD don't know going to court is the best way to tackle issues like that.... Bsc holders within your party should use their brain.

I'm not a political person but we need that change.... My 5yrs unemployment will never make me and my family vote that Hopeless and Clueless PhD rubb.ish.

BUHARI is the man.
SAI BUHARI !!!

GMB for President.
FeBUHUARI 14.

Oyoyo Baba oooo.

5 Likes

Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by omenka(m): 6:30am On Jan 28, 2015
Justbright:
upon d attack u still floored their candidate on AIT poll before dey shut down d site.....

Tell them my sister!!! cheesy

The attacks have done absolutely nothing but endear more and more people to the incoming president.

Maintain your calm and focus sir. The battle is almost over. We love you.

Sai Buhari! smiley

#if you don't like my comment, you can go mop the atlantic ocean.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by omenka(m): 6:32am On Jan 28, 2015
LagosBoi2:
I love you GMB

Please come and adopt me
Lol. This dude is crazy. grin

4 Likes

Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by Olanireti(m): 6:35am On Jan 28, 2015
Vicotex:
what's buhari saying?
Has he found the certificate?
. Why don't you join your party mates in court? They are already there waiting, and just like peoples general said, they ll wait forever. Better join the train of change. Nothing will stop us from experiencing changing this time arround. Sai buhari, change we pray O LORD

6 Likes

Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by utytill(m): 6:38am On Jan 28, 2015
Asking for your elementary six certificate is an attack? huh.show us any certificate or utility reciept,we will convert it to elementary six certificate.No vex.

1 Like

Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by Firefire(m): 6:40am On Jan 28, 2015
dunkem21:
I am surprised too ..that you brought the attack on yourself.

They will soon slam you with a court injunction ..Your party advised us to go to court

Now, stop these attacks by writing WASC to release your certificate.

Why is it so hard for you to do this

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by petrov10: 6:41am On Jan 28, 2015
Pa buhari

Gej till 2019

1 Like

Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by raumdeuter: 6:43am On Jan 28, 2015
Its obvious Jonadumb and his PDP dont have anything to offer other than to attack the person of GMB

The peoples General, we are solidly behind you

Sai Buhari

4 Likes

Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by tit(f): 6:44am On Jan 28, 2015
#JustShowYarCertificate
Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by Burger01(m): 6:48am On Jan 28, 2015
Mr. President in waiting, don't get raffled with your character assassination from the opposition. This rather strengthens our resolve for change the more. We need to make sacrifice to progress in this country, that sacrifice is resisting all forms of intimidation and maintaining our resolve for change and better governance.

People vote wisely, vote for change. Another four gruesome years under Jonathan is a nightmare we must resist. It's not about Buhari, it's about moving this country forward no matter the sacrifice..

Febuhari 14th 2015... a done deal..

#change

3 Likes

Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by temitemi1(m): 6:49am On Jan 28, 2015
Buhari, where is ur certificate abeg grin grin grin
Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by Vicotex(m): 6:50am On Jan 28, 2015
Olanireti:
. Why don't you join your party mates in court? They are already there waiting, and just like peoples general said, they ll wait forever. Better join the train of change. Nothing will stop us from experiencing changing this time arround. Sai buhari, change we pray O LORD
If e dey pain you 4 body Abeg to dive Grenade
Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by fiverrwin(f): 6:53am On Jan 28, 2015
God has choosen our next leader. Time will show that person to us.
Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by alaoeri: 6:53am On Jan 28, 2015
The fear of the General is the beginning of TANoids propagandas.
Sai Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by Deiok(m): 6:56am On Jan 28, 2015
The attack hasn't kill you but made you stronger. the pdp's thought they were damaging your image but never knew they were doing you a great service. most nigerians have even come to know and love you more due to their baseless propaganda's.
ride on sir we the realistic Nigerians are rightly behind you.
sai buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 28, 2015
The sooner PDP stops their mudslinging, the better for their campaign. Why leave issues to tackle non issues? Afterall, OBJ said Mr GEJ didn't complete his PHD...so?

#feBUHARI jor#

3 Likes

Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by teemanbastos(m): 7:15am On Jan 28, 2015
I So Much love GMB and the GMB faithfuls.
Victory is around the corner.
And we would be free from the shackles of bondage INTO SWEET AND NOURISHING FREEDOM.

2 Likes

Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by Mutuwa(m): 7:19am On Jan 28, 2015
Justbright:

Ditto
If e pain anyone here make e drink rat urine and poison.

2 Likes

Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by OLADD: 7:44am On Jan 28, 2015
Justbright:
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress in the February 14 presidential election, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), on Tuesday said he was not surprised at attacks on his person by the ruling Peoples Democratic Party leaders.

He also said that Nigeria could not afford another four years under a PDP-led government.

He explained that a party which had failed to deliver on promises it had been making to Nigerians for almost 16 years, would have nothing new to offer if given another four years.

Buhari said this while receiving in audience a delegation of members of the Peoples Democratic Movement who were in his office to adopt him as their candidate for the 2015 presidential election.

According to him, whether or not the Nigerian elite is willing to admit it, the 2015 elections represent a watershed in the nation’s political history.

He said, “What you have said summarises the problems of this country. You have looked carefully and found out that this year, 2015, whichever way politicians and the elite look at it, is another time or watershed in our political system.

“If we get it wrong this time, and allow the PDP to go again for the next four years, this country is going to be in trouble. Right now, with the unfortunate event of crumbling oil price, the economy is really in a mess. Coupled with insecurity, it is only a country like Nigeria that can survive and get out of this situation we are in. A lot of countries will just disappear either from the map or from the political equation of nation states. But Nigerians are so resilient to the extent that there are international personalities who could not understand why Nigeria still exists.

“There was a former UN Secretary General who said that if he retires, he will go to Nigeria because, according to him, what is happening to Nigeria, no other country can go through it and survive.”

Buhari added, “The 16 years of the PDP has been hell. Remember that we use to have Nigeria Airways, Nigeria Railways, Nigeria Shipping Line. Try and find out how much we have spent on power in the last 16 years from the vast resources we accumulate over that period because the price of oil went up to 142 dollars per barrel.

“What did we do with that money? We said that we paid debts with billions of Naira. If that amount was put into infrastructure such as power, roads, railways, farming etc, the amount of job it will create would be enormous. Today, some of our youths have become danger to the society because of lack of jobs. I hope the elite will properly document these 16 years as presenting the worst leadership this country has ever witnessed.”

Buhari noted that for Nigeria to develop, there must be a conscious effort to plan for the youths who, he said, constituted 65 per cent of the nation’s population.

He also said that the decision of his opponents to resort to personal attacks did not come to him as a surprise because “this is Nigeria.”

The candidate said, “I am not surprised. This is Nigeria, if people are serious about this (certificate) issue; they ought to have listened to the legal adviser of INEC.

“This is the fourth time, I’ll run for this office and INEC by law have got those documents. They (INEC) said they have got them. Anybody who has any different idea should go to court. They are now in court, let them remain there.”

Buhari also commended the PDM for coming out to join him in his quest to rescue Nigeria.

He told the delegation that he was delighted that the political family which former Vice President Atiku Abubakar was leading had formally declared support for him.

He revealed that he had tried to get them on board through Atiku who he described as “your senior colleague, the Turakin Adamawa.”

Earlier, the leader of the delegation, Bashir Ibrahim, who is also the national chairman of the party, said the delegation took the decision to support Buhari at a National Executive Committee meeting.

He said, “The NEC of our party, at its meeting of January 22, 2015 noted that the party has no presidential candidate for the election of February 14. It considered and accepted the need to support a candidate in order to save Nigeria for imminent collapse and give it a new lease of life.”

Meanwhile, the APC Presidential Campaign Organisation has alerted the nation’s security agencies of a plot to use thugs to embarrass Buhari.

According to the APC campaign, the plot is aimed at disrupting the campaign rally of its candidate scheduled to hold in Taraba State on Wednesday (today).

This was contained in a statement issued by the Directorate of Media and Publicity of the Campaign organisation.

It was signed by its Director, Mallam Garba Shehu. He said the APC Campaign got wind of a plan to use thugs to throw stones and sachets of water at the Buhari team when it visits the state.

Attacks on my person not surprising —Buhari
Via Top 20 News Websites.
http://www.punchng.com/news/attacks-on-my-person-not-surprising-buhari/

Buhari is the most wicked and unrepentant soul Nigeria has ever produced. What does this man take Nigerians for? Gullibles? The fact that he succeeded in fooling INEC and cheating for three consecutive times does not imply that question should not be asked the fourth time. This implies that GMB is a chronic liar. Only hardened criminals remain unremorseful and try to justify their escapades even when caught pants down!.And with regards to dwindling oil revenues as a result of falling oil prices, what has PDP got to do with it? Is it possible for Nigeria to solely determine global oil price?This man surely does not know anything about basic economics laws of demand and supply and how a nation is run in this modern era. Kudos should be given to Jonathan and his economy management team for steering the ship of the country safely in the apparent troubled waters. No govt in the history of our nationhood has diversified this economy the way Jonathan has done. Buhari will not rule Nigeria again.
Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by AmucheJane(f): 7:46am On Jan 28, 2015
Let your will be done Lord. As for me they should divide this country.
Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by eaglechild: 7:52am On Jan 28, 2015
Buhari who do you want us to attack?

Is it your dog?

Are you not the one who presented yourself as messiah knowing you dirty and despicable past.

You should have retired in peace, but your hunger for power wouldn't let you.

Now you will end up in jail for forgery and perjury.
Re: Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari by pioneer26: 8:13am On Jan 28, 2015
If majority of Nigerians want Buhari (which we will know after feb.14), then I wish him all the best. However I will support jonathan because beyond the mist created by the ever ferocious APC, I know Jonathan has tried considering his circumstances. Also, I was in kano when the 2011 elections were announced, i know what I saw orchestrated by a bunch of religiously blinded youths bearing the pictures of Buhari and CPC chanting hymms of death. Buhari came out not to stop his supporters who were mauling people down,he only said the people were reacting to being cheated out. The southerners, northern Christians were mercilessly killed irrespective of their party affiliation by this same people who made sure that the last 4 years has been hell up north. As an idoma guy living in kano, I have seen first hand what this people can do, I don't blame any southerner or middle belt christains for refusing to vote Buhari for obvious reasons. He said again after the 2011 elections that dogs and baboons will soak in blood in 2015 if he is rigged out, the question is How will buhari know He has truly lost free and fair? 2011 elections was commended even by the international community as better than the previous ones( I don't want to use free and fair because not even the papal elections is 100% free and fair all the time), but he believed he was rigged out and was slow to calling his supporter to caution leading to the LOSS OF INNOCENT NIGERIAN LIVES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! How easily do we forget
The Christians in the north east may have genuine reasons for going against Jonathan, because I felt as a Christian president, he should more to protect the vulnerable Christians who have suffered Islamic brutality especially in this era of global Islamic insurgency. The yorubas support of Buhari can be to past collaborations, the Vice presidency and the leadership of the ruling party( Islam we also know unites 50% of yorubaland with the Islamic core North).
All I know is that this movement motivated primarily because of change but POWER . nothing more.
Well, as I said, What ever the people decide is what Nigeria will have . . . . but for me ITS TRANSFORMATION CONTINUM . GEJ 2019.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just In: The Real Reason Why OJB Is Angry With GEJ / A Deadly Fraud Going On Right Now / Why Won't Nigeria Let Foreign Journalists Cover Its Elections?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.