Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

What I Told Jonathan About Obasanjo And Amaechi- IBB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Told Jonathan About Obasanjo And Amaechi- IBB (2058 Views)

Suggest A Portfolio For Lai Mohammed And Amaechi As A Minister / I Told Jonathan He Would Lose -– TB Joshua / Patience Jonathan And Amaechi Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Told Jonathan About Obasanjo And Amaechi- IBB by babane442(m): 9:01am On Jan 28, 2015
What I Told Jonathan
About Obasanjo and
Amaechi – IBB
There were reports former Military
dictator, General Ibrahim Badamosi
Babangida (IBB) endorsed President
Jonathan for re-election ahead of the
2015 presidential polls, when the latter
paid a visit him a visit at his Minna hill-
top. IBB of course later endorsed
President Jonathan’s main challenger,
Gen. Muhammadu Buhari but IBB has
since cleared the air;
The President came here to ask for my
support. I had only 15 minutes prior
notice before his arrival. When he came, I
took him to my bedroom and had a chat
with him. When he left his people said I
have endorsed him. What am I supposed
to do, deny it? No. For me, that is not a
problem because I am a leader and what
I say or don’t say will give mileage to any
party. When he came here I told him that
he made two political mistakes: first was
to lose Rotimi, the Governor of Rivers
State. When the crisis was going on,
Governor Rotimi was here to pay me a
visit. I confronted him and he spoke to
me very honestly. Despite the problems,
he was not ready to leave the PDP then.
Gen. Obasanjo, myself and a few others
intervened in the matter as leaders of the
party but the president did not foresee the
current situation and didn’t take our
advice seriously. Rotimi is one young
man I like so much for his honesty. He is
very bold and always committed to his
conviction. I told president Jonathan that
the second mistake he made was to call
Obasanjo a motor park tout. What an
insult! That was wrong and the beginning
of his problems. How many times had he
seen Obasanjo insult Gowon? I told him
that supporting him would mean to
endorse the insult on Gen Obasanjo. I
won’t. I advised him to go make peace
with Governor Rotimi and Gen. Obasanjo.
I told him it is almost getting late. I said
to him, you must visit Obasanjo to
apologize to him. I don’t think that the
outcome was favourable because it was
already late. A lot of persons have been
calling me to raise concern that the
President would use the Military to rig the
election and I say to them that it is not
likely. There is esprit de corps. Most of
the soldiers you see today are boys to
our boys. President Jonathan has no
option than to allow the election hold and
to declare the winner. I advised him on
this. Several other persons, both local
and international, have also advised him
on the consequences of using soldiers to
influence the election. I am sure, he
won’t. – Rtd. Gen. Ibrahim Badamasi
Babangida, former Head of State.

omojuwa.com/2015/01/what-i-told-jonathan-about-obasanjo-and-amaechi-ibb/

2 Likes

Re: What I Told Jonathan About Obasanjo And Amaechi- IBB by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:17am On Jan 28, 2015
Ok. No problem, wedonhiya.. But,

GEJ till APC believes that a sai thieficateless one is just a simple tout..

3 Likes

Re: What I Told Jonathan About Obasanjo And Amaechi- IBB by nairalife2013(m): 9:24am On Jan 28, 2015
Gej does not need support from all these men. Gej is God's project.
Re: What I Told Jonathan About Obasanjo And Amaechi- IBB by PassingShot(m): 9:30am On Jan 28, 2015
GEJ is a still birth already.

4 Likes

Re: What I Told Jonathan About Obasanjo And Amaechi- IBB by Bishop4bella(m): 9:49am On Jan 28, 2015
One thing mr president seems not to understand is that been the head of the country does not make have all power over the military. You may be controlling them now but during the election they may do as directed.

Take for instant what happened in Osun state during governorship election was not what the president expected to have been the outcome with numbers of military deployed to the state to influence the election outcome pdp.

Mind you the boys are our boys means a lot in this election. So don't expect all these retired military man to be against their man.

GEJ has ready bit the hands to feed him and not ready for reconciliation.
Re: What I Told Jonathan About Obasanjo And Amaechi- IBB by gratiaeo(m): 9:52am On Jan 28, 2015
I will withdrawn my support for GEJ if he's banking on IBB, OBJ and other past foolish leaders
Re: What I Told Jonathan About Obasanjo And Amaechi- IBB by Skako(m): 9:55am On Jan 28, 2015
Amechi and obasanjo are PDP players,amech he's a stricker bcs he talk flaboyancey bcs flaboyance talk will give him chance to net the opponet and obasanjo he's a keeper that defend any party to net the ball
but know APC don buy amech and OBJ don get injury,pls who will help PDP frm losing this game

buhari will net empty net come febuhari
Re: What I Told Jonathan About Obasanjo And Amaechi- IBB by Solupeace: 10:09am On Jan 28, 2015
Let it be known today that God has grouped the foolish Generals together for Him to show His power. Let them maintain their stand because I would not accept a different story after the elections. God will surprise and disgrace them. Definitely. GEJ will win!
Re: What I Told Jonathan About Obasanjo And Amaechi- IBB by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 10:19am On Jan 28, 2015
Those two are not just small but big mistake politics we know is a game minimize you enemy at all cost even the determined ones keep them close who had thought that segun oni and fayemi could still be friend
Reason why I said Fayose has gotten to his pick already, those fortunate politician need to know politics is not about how to use fowl language. Many lesson to learn why mimiko will still be relevant even when people think is over for them, the rally in ondo state today will confirm that.
Gej multiply his adversaries, he didn't prepare for what he is now passing through, and the decompees are now is greatest threat
Re: What I Told Jonathan About Obasanjo And Amaechi- IBB by Mobinatric: 10:33am On Jan 28, 2015
[b][/b]Most of the soldiers you see are boys to our boys

Hmmmmm

JONA has no monopoly to the soldiers and their loyalty to him is limited

Chai Diaris God oooo, cos OTUEKE sure for SUMBORRY o, lol

Front page tins o,oga seun

2 Likes

Re: What I Told Jonathan About Obasanjo And Amaechi- IBB by PenSniper: 11:42am On Jan 28, 2015
GEJ is God's instrument and project. He doesnt need men like you to win. Romans 8 v 31. His God.shall put all of you.to a big shame
Re: What I Told Jonathan About Obasanjo And Amaechi- IBB by Change2015(m): 12:21pm On Jan 28, 2015
GEJ, begging generals that he will insult later either directly, or by not taking the honest advice. Begging from church to church. All these generals are in the pdp and when it was useful, he was using them. Now he is in a desperate situation and his own party is crumbling under him. People will be calling on God as if God does not care about the quality of the person that is shouting his name all over the place. Hypocrites! The Soldiers sentenced to death are also calling on God to rescue them from bad leaders. The Chibok girls are also calling on God for freedom. The unemployed are also calling on God for a better life, and a future hope. The people of the north east are also calling on God for security, to protect them. If only Jonathan had performed better in office and had utilised our oil boom to the benefit of the poor masses. FeBuhari will come and God will bless the choice the people make.

#change
#GMB
#APC

2 Likes

Re: What I Told Jonathan About Obasanjo And Amaechi- IBB by PrinceMario(m): 12:38pm On Jan 28, 2015
"If Buhari was pictured attending a mosque, and it
was reported that the Imam said 'he would open
the gates to hell upon those who oppose Buhari',
and Buhari sat there and said nothing, what do
you think many people would be saying today?

If Buhari was pictured going to different mosques
and kneeling before Imams, as part of his
campaign, what do we think the comments would
be?
If Buhari was pictured going on pilgrimage to
Mecca, surrounded by a retinue of fawning Imams,
what would the response be from Nigerians?

If.Buhari invited senior Imams from across the
country to a meeting with him, to discuss the
elections and his campaign strategy, what would
the Nigerian people think?

GEJ has done all the above, and we are told he
has a right to do so as
a committed christian.
Buhari has done none of
the above yet he is called a religious
fundamentalist with a plan to turn Nigeria into an
Islamic nation.
Please examine the facts so we
can honestly decide who is acting like the real
religious fundamentalist?
Who is using religious
faith as a political ploy to get votes?
No pastor,
Bishop, GO, Reverend Father, Imam etc etc is
GOD. They can only advice on how to elect or
select good leaders to vote for.
Go out there and support the candidate of your
choice. Make your choice based
upon who will give you and your children a better
life and a better Nigeria. As for me and my family
we have decided and by the grace of GOD Nigeria
shall be better for us all.
MAKE A GOOD CHOICE.

#Sai Buhari
-CULLED FROM A FACEBOOK PAGE

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Didn’t Order Dismantling Of Military Checkpoints –NSA / Any Igbo That Spoke Out Against Abacha???? / Biafrans Comedy Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.