Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,721 members, 7,851,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:57 PM

Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption (1295 Views)

PDP Conducts Poll To Rate Buhari's 2 Years In Office: See Results And Reactions / Describe Buhari's 2 Months Presidency ... In One Word Or Phrase!! / Our Soldiers Are Not Like Nigerians, They Don't Run - Niger's Defence Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by ebukauzo: 9:58am On Jan 28, 2015
Here is a message from Gen. Buhari to Nigerians.

Read the message below...

“Fellow Nigerian, People accuse me of many things. But one thing they never accuse me of is
corruption. They never accuse me of mediocrity,or of lying. People accuse me of many things. I have led this country and I have a record. We were not perfect, but we were effective; we solved problems, and we made Nigerians proud.

In our government, we fought corruption, we stabilised the Naira, and we shut down insurgencies. We shouldn’t forget so soon that there was the Maitatsine ravaging the North east and we dealt with it. We also overran the Chadian rebels. We rebuilt industries, Nigerians queued up and treated each other with respect; Nigerians took pride in our reputation for discipline. The world admired us. We were proud to be Nigerians.

However, because they can’t attack our record,they accuse me falsely of ethnic jingoism; they accuse me falsely of religious fundamentalism. Because they cannot attack our record, they accuse us falsely of calling for election violence –
when we have only insisted on peace. Even as Head of State, we never imposed Shariah. All my
running mates have been either Igbo or Yoruba and are always devout Christian of indisputable
repute. I have and will continue to condemn those who burn God’s places of worship, be they
churches or mosques and wish God’s judgment upon them. As your President, their punishment
won’t stop there, we will also ensure Boko Haram and other such elements, are found, are arrested and face the full wrath of the law as punishment for their crimes against our country.
My dear friends, this is very important to note: It doesn’t matter if you are Igbo,Yoruba, Ijaw, Hausa,Idoma, Efik, Ekwere, Urhobo, Igala and, no, it does
not matter if you are Christian, Muslim, animist or atheist: we need a new direction under a new leadership. The task ahead will be challenging and daunting, but it is surmountable. This is what leadership is about. My only desire is to prove to you that Nigeria can truly work.

Allow me prove to you that in your lifetime, you can be proud of this country.Let me make you this promise today: We will protect your children. We will protect your wealth.We will make this country work again. This is why I am running for the office of the president of Nigeria. This is my promise.”

– Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR).

Source: http:///00Cm

3 Likes

Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by fair14: 10:00am On Jan 28, 2015
It will be unwise to throw away your cooking pot with a soured soup, it will be unwise to set your kitchen ablaze because you saw a rat in it. Goodluck may not have been our best president, or your dream president, but he may be our only available source to frustrate the islamized APC's agenda against Nigeria. Note that Vice President has little or no influence on the decision of a President; in that case Osibanjo may not have much to influence if these Islamists, peradventure hijack the highest position in our Nation, and thereafter roll out any agenda that undermines Christianity. This might serve as a pointer to what I am saying; please read on: 1. Party Leader – North: Gen Muhammadu Buhari (Muslim). 2. Party Leader – South: Bola Ahmed Tinubu (Muslim). 3. National Chairman: Abdulkareem Bisi Akande (Muslim). 4. Deputy National Chairman: Aminu Bello Masari (Muslim). 5. National Secretary: Tijjani Musa Tumsah (Muslim). 6. Deputy National Secretary: Nasir El-Rufai (Muslim). 7. National Publicity Secretary: Lai Muhammad (Muslim). 8. National Treasurer: Sadiya Umar Faruq (Muslim) 9. National Financial Secretary: Alhaji Shaibu Musa (Muslim). 10. National Youth Leader: Abubakar Lado (Muslim). 11. National Legal Adviser: Muiz Banie (Muslim). 12. National Deputy Auditor: Bala Jibrin (Muslim). 13. National Women Leader: Sharia Ikeazor (Muslim convert). 14. EX-Officio Member: Muniru Muse (Muslim). 15. EX-Officio Member: Alhaji Yemi Sanusi (Muslim). Yet, these people want us to believe they are PROGRESSIVES and that APC is a national party. I think APC has a hidden religious agenda..Be guided people!
Vote wisely.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by annibro(f): 10:02am On Jan 28, 2015
And what is dis guy above me saying?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by annibro(f): 10:03am On Jan 28, 2015
Buhari u don't need 2 convince us.
#We have Decided.
Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by itetemi: 10:04am On Jan 28, 2015
fp.................................
Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by midolian(m): 10:04am On Jan 28, 2015
My dear BuHARi, let them accuse u of anything they want.I am partially deaf @ the moment. The only thing I hear is CHANGE!!
Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:05am On Jan 28, 2015
Ok. But u know what??..

GEJ till GMB understands dat statement of result is not a certificate..
Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by okpamson15(m): 10:07am On Jan 28, 2015
But are you guity of what they are acusing you? If yes add them together it form corruption.
Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by CharlesPhc: 10:09am On Jan 28, 2015
GMB, please note that Military regime and that of a Democratic one are too different things. You may had succeded in wiping Nigerians to que in a military fashion but that was then, FYI the world has moved many centuries away from that era.

From the tone of your voice, its drastically obvious that Nigerians are about to go back to your Military era mentality. If you intend to fight Corruption in this 21st century please state how you intend to do that even with all those corrupt fellowship members in your party.

Secondly, If you can not clear the air of your certificate issues convincely how do you intend to gain our trust knowing fully well that once you become President, the immunity clause would prevent even the courts and Nigerians from calling for your certificate. If eventually your certificate is confirmed to be false after the election, it would take more political free-for-all for the NASS to commence an impeachment proceeding for your removal.
Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by ArchEnemy(m): 10:11am On Jan 28, 2015
fair14:
It will be unwise to throw away your cooking pot with a soured soup, it will be unwise to set your kitchen ablaze because you saw a rat in it. Goodluck may not have been our best president, or your dream president, but he may be our only available source to frustrate the islamized APC's agenda against Nigeria. Note that Vice President has little or no influence on the decision of a President; in that case Osibanjo may not have much to influence if these Islamists, peradventure hijack the highest position in our Nation, and thereafter roll out any agenda that undermines Christianity. This might serve as a pointer to what I am saying; please read on: 1. Party Leader – North: Gen Muhammadu Buhari (Muslim). 2. Party Leader – South: Bola Ahmed Tinubu (Muslim). 3. National Chairman: Abdulkareem Bisi Akande (Muslim). 4. Deputy National Chairman: Aminu Bello Masari (Muslim). 5. National Secretary: Tijjani Musa Tumsah (Muslim). 6. Deputy National Secretary: Nasir El-Rufai (Muslim). 7. National Publicity Secretary: Lai Muhammad (Muslim). 8. National Treasurer: Sadiya Umar Faruq (Muslim) 9. National Financial Secretary: Alhaji Shaibu Musa (Muslim). 10. National Youth Leader: Abubakar Lado (Muslim). 11. National Legal Adviser: Muiz Banie (Muslim). 12. National Deputy Auditor: Bala Jibrin (Muslim). 13. National Women Leader: Sharia Ikeazor (Muslim convert). 14. EX-Officio Member: Muniru Muse (Muslim). 15. EX-Officio Member: Alhaji Yemi Sanusi (Muslim). Yet, these people want us to believe they are PROGRESSIVES and that APC is a national party. I think APC has a hidden religious agenda..Be guided people!
Vote wisely.
Modified*
Can you actually show us evidences of corruption?
Even if a man moves his country forward only with members of his own religion has he not done well?
Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by henryangelo: 10:14am On Jan 28, 2015
GEJ will soon sweep you off with your broom Mr buhari.
I can't wait to see him in the trash bin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by Nogen: 10:15am On Jan 28, 2015
And what do you call "CERTIFICATE FORGERY? It's a big time FRAUD AND CORRUPTION!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by Adetula1(m): 10:18am On Jan 28, 2015
WTF is he saying?what about the missing #2.8billion? even fela sang about it.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by Etruth: 10:18am On Jan 28, 2015
fair14:
[s]It will be unwise to throw away your cooking pot with a soured soup, it will be unwise to set your kitchen ablaze because you saw a rat in it. Goodluck may not have been our best president, or your dream president, but he may be our only available source to frustrate the islamized APC's agenda against Nigeria. Note that Vice President has little or no influence on the decision of a President; in that case Osibanjo may not have much to influence if these Islamists, peradventure hijack the highest position in our Nation, and thereafter roll out any agenda that undermines Christianity. This might serve as a pointer to what I am saying; please read on: 1. Party Leader – North: Gen Muhammadu Buhari (Muslim). 2. Party Leader – South: Bola Ahmed Tinubu (Muslim). 3. National Chairman: Abdulkareem Bisi Akande (Muslim). 4. Deputy National Chairman: Aminu Bello Masari (Muslim). 5. National Secretary: Tijjani Musa Tumsah (Muslim). 6. Deputy National Secretary: Nasir El-Rufai (Muslim). 7. National Publicity Secretary: Lai Muhammad (Muslim). 8. National Treasurer: Sadiya Umar Faruq (Muslim) 9. National Financial Secretary: Alhaji Shaibu Musa (Muslim). 10. National Youth Leader: Abubakar Lado (Muslim). 11. National Legal Adviser: Muiz Banie (Muslim). 12. National Deputy Auditor: Bala Jibrin (Muslim). 13. National Women Leader: Sharia Ikeazor (Muslim convert). 14. EX-Officio Member: Muniru Muse (Muslim). 15. EX-Officio Member: Alhaji Yemi Sanusi (Muslim). Yet, these people want us to believe they are PROGRESSIVES and that APC is a national party. I think APC has a hidden religious agenda..Be guided people!
Vote wisely.[/s]
FAILED PROPAGANDA

2 Likes

Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by laurel03(m): 10:20am On Jan 28, 2015
GMB
Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by PointB: 10:23am On Jan 28, 2015
Why would Nigerians accuse Buhari of corruption?

Is perjury and certificate forgery corruption?

Is joining the army without requisite qualification corruption?
undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by akinsadeez(m): 10:34am On Jan 28, 2015
ebukauzo:

My dear friends, this is very important to note: It doesn’t matter if you are Igbo,Yoruba, Ijaw, Hausa,Idoma, Efik, Ekwere, Urhobo, Igala and, no, it does not matter if you are Christian, Muslim, animist or atheist: we need a new direction under a new leadership. The task ahead will be challenging and daunting, but it is surmountable. This is what leadership is about. My only desire is to prove to you that Nigeria can truly work.

The bolded is the best and most profound part of the message. I like the way he also addressed the animist and atheists and not just the conventional Christians and Muslims.

They accuse Buhari of religious extremism, but it is Jonathan who has been running to churches all around and inviting Pastors to Aso rock for visits. It was Sambo that was campaigning that people should not vote for Buhari because his running mate has 5000 churches voting for him.

Just like he said, no matter your tribe or religious persuasion the time has come for a new leadership. We need change and a new direction and by God's grace the change will happen in this forthcoming election.
#Febuhari

#GMB till patience Jonathan knows the meaning of 'incumbent'
Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by TheClown: 10:52am On Jan 28, 2015
ArchEnemy:

Modified*
Can you actually show us evidences of corruption?
Even if a man moves his country forward only with members of his own religion has he not done well?

If extra judicial killing is not corruption, then I wonder what it is.
If unequal treatment of two who committed the same offence or are accused of the same offence is not corruption, I wonder what to call it.
If smuggling money out of the country in some 50 suit cases is not corruption, abeg wetin e be again?
If lieing under oat is not corruption, then please let's redefine it.

Buhari flaunts his anti corruption credentials with reckless abandon and yet flocks with Ahmed Tinubu who argueably the most corrupt Nigerian alive.

Those who are not capable of deep thinking can be fooled with fake 'change' euphoria. Change from what to what? Tell me one person around who exudes an aura of change.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by ebukauzo: 11:29am On Jan 28, 2015
henryangelo:
GEJ will soon sweep you off with your broom Mr buhari.
I can't wait to see him in the trash bin
How sure are u?The masses' voice counts this time around
Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by henryangelo: 11:51am On Jan 28, 2015
ebukauzo:
How sure are u?The masses' voice counts this time around
Exactly, the masses voice is for GEJ
Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by Jorussia(m): 12:39pm On Jan 28, 2015
fair14:
Vote wisely.
are you from planet earth?bringing an outdated list of APC'S interim committe,shows you are intellectually deformed and that your conscience have been bought with money just because of GEJ re election.
Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by najoke: 12:49pm On Jan 28, 2015
fair14:
[s]It will be unwise to throw away your cooking pot with a soured soup, it will be unwise to set your kitchen ablaze because you saw a rat in it. Goodluck may not have been our best president, or your dream president, but he may be our only available source to frustrate the islamized APC's agenda against Nigeria. Note that Vice President has little or no influence on the decision of a President; in that case Osibanjo may not have much to influence if these Islamists, peradventure hijack the highest position in our Nation, and thereafter roll out any agenda that undermines Christianity. This might serve as a pointer to what I am saying; please read on: 1. Party Leader – North: Gen Muhammadu Buhari (Muslim). 2. Party Leader – South: Bola Ahmed Tinubu (Muslim). 3. National Chairman: Abdulkareem Bisi Akande (Muslim). 4. Deputy National Chairman: Aminu Bello Masari (Muslim). 5. National Secretary: Tijjani Musa Tumsah (Muslim). 6. Deputy National Secretary: Nasir El-Rufai (Muslim). 7. National Publicity Secretary: Lai Muhammad (Muslim). 8. National Treasurer: Sadiya Umar Faruq (Muslim) 9. National Financial Secretary: Alhaji Shaibu Musa (Muslim). 10. National Youth Leader: Abubakar Lado (Muslim). 11. National Legal Adviser: Muiz Banie (Muslim). 12. National Deputy Auditor: Bala Jibrin (Muslim). 13. National Women Leader: Sharia Ikeazor (Muslim convert). 14. EX-Officio Member: Muniru Muse (Muslim). 15. EX-Officio Member: Alhaji Yemi Sanusi (Muslim). Yet, these people want us to believe they are PROGRESSIVES and that APC is a national party. I think APC has a hidden religious agenda..Be guided people!
Vote wisely.
[/s]
Trash

1 Like

Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by jmoore(m): 12:49pm On Jan 28, 2015
"Abacha never stole"- Buhari

Need I say more?

Kai Buhari!!
Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by asadike(f): 12:51pm On Jan 28, 2015
Buhari, pls leave ndi igbo out of this abeg. You are a tribalist that hated ndi igbo with passion.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by agabakennedy: 1:16pm On Jan 28, 2015
Nobody is totally free from corruption
Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by ArchEnemy(m): 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2015
TheClown:

If extra judicial killing is not corruption, then I wonder what it is.
If unequal treatment of two who committed the same offence or are accused of the same offence is not corruption, I wonder what to call it.
If smuggling money out of the country in some 50 suit cases is not corruption, abeg wetin e be again?
If lieing under oat is not corruption, then please let's redefine it.

Buhari flaunts his anti corruption credentials with reckless abandon and yet flocks with Ahmed Tinubu who argueably the most corrupt Nigerian alive.

Those who are not capable of deep thinking can be fooled with fake 'change' euphoria. Change from what to what? Tell me one person around who exudes an aura of change.
you ve spoken well.

1 Like

Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by deji68: 1:48pm On Jan 28, 2015
Lying under oath is a form of corruption, ....person wey dey lie go thief nau grin grin grin
Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by ommo(m): 2:11pm On Jan 28, 2015
fair14:
Vote wisely.

You "THINK", just base on assumption not fact. You "THINK"
Its so unfortunate that people can come online and make claims they neither have evidence about or can back with prove. People who play on the sentiment and emotions of others in order to achieve their own selfish aim. The last i check, muslims are nigerians and they have equal rights as christians in this country. Until Nigerians learn to think independently and act so we will remain in this current situation for ages to come. Credibility has no tribe and religious colour, if voting is only going to be tribe and religious base, then democracy is useless, worthless and dead. Campaigns and choice of credible person for any position should not be tribe or religious centered. Gentleman, it is better not to vote than to vote for a candidate just because he or she is of your religious or tribe line, so can you take your bigotry somewhere. This is 21st century Nigeria, wiser and smarter than before. We have not gotten there but, by Gods' grace we will get there one, if not us children. Once again take your BIGOTRY out of here enemies of NIGERIA.

GOD bless NIGERIA
GOD bless NIGERIANS and
long live NIGERIA
Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 28, 2015
Adetula1:
WTF is he saying?what about the missing #2.8billion? even fela sang about it.
u can download d music and listen to it,fela never mentioned buhari
Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by deji68: 2:32pm On Jan 28, 2015
How $2.8bn Disappeared from Midland Bank When Gen. Buhari was Petroleum Minister in 1977
NAIWU OSAHON

All our military heads of state were largely insensitive, corrupt, almost illiterate, self-appointed tyrants who seized their stripes of honour (dishonour is probably more appropriate) through coups rather than the rigours of formal training, experience or war. Each one of the military heads of state simply got up from bed one chosen morning, pistle on the hip, jackboots on the ready to besmear our constitution to loot our treasury to their hearts content. Of course, they soon made up on the job for their lack of proper war or soldiering experience by detaining, tear gassing, shooting and bombing citizens protesting against their high-handedness and misrule. Everyone of our coup Generals aspired to be the richest lazy fool in the world sitting like an over-fed baboon atop the tallest tree in our devastated and rotting vineyard, savouring their exploits amidst squalor, hunger and decaying corpses. General Muhammadu Buhari was one of such military heads of state.

Shagari's regime (1979-1983), incurred Buhari's wrath when it decided to investigate the US$2.8 billion that disappeared from the Midland Bank, London account of the Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation, (NNPC), during General Obasanjo's era as military head of state that preceded Shagari's. Dr. Olusola Saraki, Turaki of Ilorin, was the majority party leader of the Senate at the time and he headed the Senate Committee set up to trace the stolen money after some three years of clamour for such an investigation by members of the civil society. The money was traced to the Midland Bank London branch fixed account of Obasanjo's appointee as military head of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company. The Committee's report was presented to the Senate during the tail end of Shagari's regime in 1983, so the House decided to deal with the matter and expose the rogue military head of the NNPC soon after the 1983 general elections. The attempt at civilian-to-civilian transition provided the fillip for mayhem at the time. The elections were marred by massive rigging because incumbent political office holders were refusing to slacken their stranglehold on Nigeria Plc., mortgaged as the leaders private property....check the NNPC audit report for the rest
yemaldo:

u can download d music and listen to it,fela never mentioned buhari
Re: Buhari 2 Nigerians:They Accuse Me Of Many Things But Cnt Accuse Me Of Corruption by Descartes: 3:16pm On Jan 28, 2015
Yahoo boys are saints when Buhari and his corrupt allies are sighted around.

(1) (Reply)

Panic As Jonathan’s Men Go After Social Media Activists Demanding For Change / I Have Decided To Retire From Politics Section On NL / Buhari Live on CNN With Amanpour Now 7pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.