Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

OLX And Scamming - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / OLX And Scamming (1605 Views)

You Need Cash,want To Sell Your Car Instantly,can't Wait For Olx...come In Here / OLX Cars: How To Detect Fraud / Is It Good To Buy N100000 Motor Car At Olx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OLX And Scamming by josieboy55(m): 1:43pm On Jan 28, 2015

1 Like

Re: OLX And Scamming by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2015
I make it a priority to look out for those adverts that has 'available for inspection' spelt out in the description.

1 Like

Re: OLX And Scamming by honmusa(m): 9:02am On Jan 29, 2015
Olx has now become an haven for fraudstars,i still prefer conducting my biz on nairaland without any fear.Up nairaland!!!!!
Re: OLX And Scamming by xtraordinaire: 8:53pm On Jan 30, 2015
honmusa:
Olx has now become an haven for fraudstars,i still prefer conducting my biz on nairaland without any fear.Up nairaland!!!!!
Seriously i was a victim
Re: OLX And Scamming by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 02, 2015
that's the problem, it now looks like some of them are gradually moving to Nairaland oh! you call to make inquiries and that's how they keep disturbing your line for the rest of your days.

my vehicle has been online for long, not knowing it's all those scammers that scare people off the site.
I saw one SUV I liked in my location (online), I called to know if I could come for inspection and immediate payment nah so the 'thief ' tell me say e dey Lagos and I should pay nonsense nonsense nonsense to get papers and other nonsense. I just end my call! this is Nigeria, the era of where somebody fall mugu has passed.
Re: OLX And Scamming by AutosBay(m): 12:48pm On Mar 02, 2015
I have sold several items on Olx, the only way to avoid scam, please do not pay before seeing the product, always inspect the item first before payment, meet the seller in a public known place, and avoid buying vehicles/ products with ridiculously low prices.
Re: OLX And Scamming by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 02, 2015
AutosBay:
I have sold several items on Olx, the only way to avoid scam, please do not pay before seeing the product, always inspect the item first before payment, meet the seller in a public known place, and avoid buying vehicles/ products with ridiculously low prices.
are you based in Abuja?
Re: OLX And Scamming by bravolad(m): 9:12pm On Mar 02, 2015
The fraudulent activities on olx has also infiltrated Nairaland. Just recently, I wanted to buy and RX330, I realised that so many advertisers on Nairaland claiming to have one for sale are mere jokers. When you schedule an inspection visit or ask for vin number, they disappear.

My observation, there are only about less than 10% genuine car dealers on Nairaland amongst the numerous advertisers. Buyers beware.

1 Like

Re: OLX And Scamming by chukel(m): 10:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
AutosBay:
seriously, see who de talk. you advertised a 2011 corolla for 1m. a car that was never for sale ab initio. u couldnt provide interior pics cos u didnt have access to the car. i sent someone to u. u told him to come. only to get there and u told him vehicle had been sold. meanwhile he saw the vehicle still parked there. u came afterwards to nairaland to continue ur advert on the same car for sale. how are u different from the olx guys?
Re: OLX And Scamming by chukel(m): 10:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
shadowgwalker:
are you based in Abuja?
better stay away from that guy. his motives are still unknown.
Re: OLX And Scamming by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 02, 2015
chukel:
better stay away from that guy. his motives are still unknown.
I dey suspect am

(1) (Reply)

I NEED ADVICE ON NUMBER PLATE / Fuel Tank Filled Up But Gauge Is 75% (¾) / Honda Accord 2005 For Sale Or Swap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.