Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW (17190 Views)

Off Grid Power Generation With Solar / Electricity Supply Drops To 2,817.05MW - Federal Ministry Of Power / Meet The New Generation Of Keyboard (BeeRaider) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by caprini1: 5:47pm On Jan 28, 2015
I don't understand this permutations,because since Nov 2014 I have been having daily regular power of at least 15hrs in my estate.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by tunde1200(m): 5:48pm On Jan 28, 2015
Yet my people's seems not to understand the true meaning of leadership

quote author=Bevista post=30215979] I can vividly remember 2011 just before the elections that there was a slight improvement in electricity supply. What did the govt say then - "If we can do this in just 1 year, then magine what we will do in 4 years".

Sadly, I must confess, I believed them. Now I know better.

#TeamGMB2015. [/quote]
Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by tunde1200(m): 5:50pm On Jan 28, 2015
Really?

quote author=caprini1 post=30218007]I don't understand this permutations,because since Nov 2014 I have been having daily regular power of at least 15hrs in my estate.[/quote]
Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by popcykaylah(m): 5:52pm On Jan 28, 2015
after some mofos go come here and say gej till year 3000..we had like 4k megawatts now 2k plus don waka ..what on earth has this man then done for us?he can't even tell us?rather he opens his dirty mouth with that his clueless face and tell us the flaws of the opposition.. I no blame am ..shebi he sleeps with light at aso rock everyday (generators) ...otuoke awaits you..we go gather suffer the mess you created !

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by tunde1200(m): 5:54pm On Jan 28, 2015
I don't know why have been so unlucky Most of the area I stayed hardly I get 5hrs off electricity.
Nija no get good administration.

What are we looking at all this while.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by caprini1: 5:55pm On Jan 28, 2015
tunde1200:
Really?

quote author=caprini1 post=30218007]I don't understand this permutations,because since Nov 2014 I have been having daily regular power of at least 15hrs in my estate.
Yes...Note,I said Nov 2014,but if black outs starts,sometimes its a no show for 5 days!
Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 28, 2015
A whole 6 years down d drain?...i bind/reject every clueless spirit! #CHANGE#feBUHARI 14!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by ogb5(m): 5:56pm On Jan 28, 2015
Obiagelli:

Why is the lagos ipp prevented from selling electricity to corporate bodies on marina?

You are not up to date. That was during obasanjo's time. The country has since moved on. The electricity sector has been fully deregulated by Jonathan.

Unfortunately your Lagos ipp agreement were signed before the deregulation so they have to abide by whatever terms of agreement they agreed to then.

With the deregulation, state government should now concentrate on giving electricity to their people instead of sitting back and waiting for Abuja

The transaction Amadi power plant sells power to local companies in port Harcourt
Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by tunde1200(m): 5:57pm On Jan 28, 2015
See my brother we suppose to get power for 24hrs . Make we know deceive ourselves this government is worst.

caprini1:
Yes...Note,I said Nov 2014,but if black outs starts,sometimes its a no show for 5 days!
Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by Change2015(m): 6:01pm On Jan 28, 2015
Obiagelli:

Why is the lagos ipp prevented from selling electricity to corporate bodies on marina?

Obiageli,

You might see from the link that it does not appear to be more than a paper project at the moment. No time lines, no confirmation of financing raised, and I wonder, if the existing power stations have gas supply problems, what will fuel this project? As for the credulity of a $4bn project being sited in delta state... OK, it will take more than a YouTube video to convince me, especially when the governor is on his way out.

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by madjune(m): 6:01pm On Jan 28, 2015
My greatest pain is that, their power always seem to drop anytime my wife cooks a delightful soup and I'm hoping to preserve it through the week in the freezer.

Then we will take to warming it and which kills the taste till it eventually gets sour.

This has been our lot through this 4yrs since minister Barth Nnaji resigned from the power dept.

And, jonathan wants me to continue eating sour soup for the next 4yrs?

Jonathan, I'm an angry man.

SAI BUHARI. SAI CHANGE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 28, 2015
ogb5:

You are not up to date. That was during obasanjo's time. The country has since moved on. The electricity sector has been fully deregulated by Jonathan.

Unfortunately your Lagos ipp agreement were signed before the deregulation so they have to abide by whatever terms of agreement they agreed to then.

With the deregulation, state government should now concentrate on giving electricity to their people instead of sitting back and waiting for Abuja

I will have to do a bit of digging before i accept.

Btw

Why should States bother about providing electricity in a privatized sector expecially when the federal government refuse to sell either of the Lagos discos to the state government.

Secondly are States allowed by this new law to set up transmission and distribution companies?
Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by Change2015(m): 6:06pm On Jan 28, 2015
caprini1:
I don't understand this permutations,because since Nov 2014 I have been having daily regular power of at least 15hrs in my estate.

What is difficult to understand? If there is a limited supply of electricity, and you appear to be getting more, then obviously someone else is getting less or none.

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 28, 2015
OgologoDimkpa:
Sabotage every where embarassed
As long as the likes of Mikano headed by Atiku is very much around in this country,
stable power generation will be a mirage embarassed

Let's I forget....

GEJ till 2019!!!

Not necessarily...most of the power equipment we have is broken down,old and no longer fit for purpose.....which is why GEJ signed a transmission contract recently with the Chinese.

Ultimately...we need to increase generation. Nuclear and solar energy are viable options.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by nkenu(m): 6:09pm On Jan 28, 2015
If power is dropping at this crucial time of politicking, what happens then after Feb 14?? grin sai Baba!!!
Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2015
Change2015:

Obiageli,

You might see from the link that it does not appear to be more than a paper project at the moment. No time lines, no confirmation of financing raised, and I wonder, if the existing power stations have gas supply problems, what will fuel this project? As for the credulity of a $4bn project being sited in delta state... OK, it will take more than a YouTube video to convince me, especially when the governor is on his way out.

#change
#GMB
#APC

Well said.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by Eneze1(f): 6:20pm On Jan 28, 2015
They won't address key issues that affects the average Nigerian but they keep hammering about other irrelevant issues

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by watchindelta(m): 6:20pm On Jan 28, 2015
failed government including the passed n present undecided undecided undecided
Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by ogb5(m): 6:21pm On Jan 28, 2015
Obiagelli:

I will have to do a bit of digging before i accept.

Btw

Why should States bother about providing electricity in a privatized sector expecially when the federal government refuse to sell either of the Lagos discos to the state government.

Secondly are States allowed by this new law to set up transmission and distribution companies?

You may choose not to see anything good about the pdp government, but the country has moved beyond the point we where in 1999.

Electricity has been deregulated. we will see the benefit of the deregulation policy in time to come.

The deregulation as started by Obasanjo allowed states to go into generation and distribution, Jonathan enlarged the state scope to allow states to transmit power within their states, Transmission across state boundaries is still under the federal government.

I prefer states to be more involved in things like power because state governments are closer to the people, from PH, it will be easier to grab Amaechi at Ubima than to go looking for Jonathan in bayelsa or Buhari in Daura.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by Change2015(m): 6:33pm On Jan 28, 2015
This is what Nigerians have experienced

Government 'privatised' electricity generation
Government grants an increase in tariff and access charge to privatised generation companies.
Government grants said companies, cheap loans to finance their activities.
http://nigeriapowerreform.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=620:boi-grants-power-sector-smes-n437b-loan&catid=34&Itemid=335

Meanwhile the consumer only sees higher bills and the same irregular supply. What exactly is the point of privatisation if the so called investor has no funds to develop the business? One may recall the Transcorp /Nitel saga. And the asset stripping both there and at Nigeria Airways. Already Sanusi has partially saved us from totally assuming the liabilities of failing banks. We cannot now be assuming more debt of a privatised power generation industry.

#change
#GMB
#APC

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by freshcvvs: 6:34pm On Jan 28, 2015
crownprince102:
And we are going to 40,000MW.... That mean we now operate on 5% of what we need. How is it possible for someone who was only generated 3,000 in 5 years-plus to reach the level of 4,000 in four years after spending 20 billion dollars on it?
Some gullible nigerians who only experience four hours of electricity a month will come out and shout "GEJ till 2019" while Aso rock has budget for powered generators.

You mean Jonathan/PDP generated 3,000megawatts in 5 years?
Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by JideTheBlogger(m): 6:36pm On Jan 28, 2015
crownprince102:
And we are going to 40,000MW.... That mean we now operate on 5% of what we need. How is it possible for someone who was only generated 3,000 in 5 years-plus to reach the level of 4,000 in four years after spending 20 billion dollars on it?
Some gullible nigerians who only experience four hours of electricity a month will come out and shout "GEJ till 2019" while Aso rock has budget for powered generators.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by ogb5(m): 6:39pm On Jan 28, 2015
Change2015:

Obiageli,

#change
#GMB
#APC

Delta state has what it takes to set up power plants for its citizens. Construction of some of the power plants has already started, I don't hold brief for any govt, but the deregulation policy has made it possible for a state govt to cater for the electricity need of its people without waiting for Abuja.

We should latch on the deregulation policy and ask our state governments to do more, we have all been clamouring for fiscal federalism, with more powers devolved to the states, more power has been devolved to the states on electricity generation, transmission and distribution, they should use the newly devolved power and generate electricity for their people.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by crownprince102: 6:41pm On Jan 28, 2015
freshcvvs:

You mean Jonathan/PDP generated 3,000megawatts in 5 years?
appoximately 3000MW, he met 1500MW, increased it to 4000MW and just dropped it by 2000MW.
So my dear, we are left with 2,000 MW. Meaning, Jonathan administration sustained only 500MW in their one and half tenure spending over $20 billion dollars!

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by ooshinibos: 6:44pm On Jan 28, 2015
[quote author=Anikulhapo post=30214841][/quote]
Thank u very much GEJ ..its a shame u could not fix this electricity issue , if u had , u will not not need to campaign at all because there will be nothing to campaign about all your enemies will have to be quiet ...most likely we will not have a buhari ..but GEJ u went the way of OBJ and other predecessors ..we are still battling with 2000 megawatts for nigeria ..this is very shameful of you sir ..
Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by Febuary07(m): 6:46pm On Jan 28, 2015
is its polite, GEJ GOD WILL PUNISH YOU!!!!
Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by ooshinibos: 6:46pm On Jan 28, 2015
Thank u very much GEJ ..its a shame u could not fix this electricity issue , if u had , u will not not need to campaign at all because there will be nothing to campaign about all your enemies will have to be quiet ...most likely we will not have a buhari ..but GEJ u went the way of OBJ and other predecessors ..we are still battling with 2000 megawatts for nigeria with all the billions of dollars allocated to power generation ..this is very shameful of you sir and your ministers and ur die hard pdp supporters..

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 28, 2015
atlwireles:
Let check me, because this Oluwole party and their newspapers are filled with lies and propaganda..

http://www.power.gov.ng/

Power Statistics

Generation: 27th January 2015

Peak Generation
MEGAWATTS (MW)

Peak Demand Forecast
MEGAWATTS (MW)
Energy Generation
MEGAWATTS HOUR/HOUR (MWH/H)
Energy Sent Out
MEGAWATTS HOUR/HOUR (MWH/H)
Highest Peak Generated
4,517.6 MW
on December 23, 2012

Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by ooshinibos: 6:47pm On Jan 28, 2015
popcykaylah:
after some mofos go come here and say gej till year 3000..we had like 4k megawatts now 2k plus don waka ..what on earth has this man then done for us?he can't even tell us?rather he opens his dirty mouth with that his clueless face and tell us the flaws of the opposition.. I no blame am ..shebi he sleeps with light at aso rock everyday (generators) ...otuoke awaits you..we go gather suffer the mess you created !
i join u bruv ..see my comment
Thank u very much GEJ ..its a shame u could not fix this electricity issue , if u had , u will not not need to campaign at all because there will be nothing to campaign about all your enemies will have to be quiet ...most likely we will not have a buhari ..but GEJ u went the way of OBJ and other predecessors ..we are still battling with 2000 megawatts for nigeria with all the billions of dollars allocated to power generation ..this is very shameful of you sir and your ministers and ur die hard pdp supporters..

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by lastpage: 6:47pm On Jan 28, 2015
Elslim:
Wen aso rock get budget for generator, what do u xpect

Well, you can vote for Jonathan ...and still expect the same BLACKOUT AND BUDGET FOR GENERATORS, FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS! grin grin grin

......OR VOTE FOR CHANGE.... ON "FEBUHARI 14TH"

The CHOICE is YOURS and only yours alone

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by ooshinibos: 6:48pm On Jan 28, 2015
madjune:
My greatest pain is that, their power always seem to drop anytime my wife cooks a delightful soup and I'm hoping to preserve it through the week in the freezer.

Then we will take to warming it and which kills the taste till it eventually gets sour.

This has been our lot through this 4yrs since minister Barth Nnaji resigned from the power dept.

And, jonathan wants me to continue eating sour soup for the next 4yrs?

Jonathan, I'm an angry man.

SAI BUHARI. SAI CHANGE.

Re: Power Generation Drops By 2,042MW by 989900: 6:51pm On Jan 28, 2015
Like I'll always say, "fix the electricity generation problem, and Nigerians would fix the rest . . . we'r that resourceful and resilient, we just need that 'stepping stone' -- stable electricity."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Set To Join US, Others To Explore The Moon / 10 Amazing Things We’ve Learned About The Solar System In 2016 / How To Connect Your Laptop With Your DECODER, Startime, Gotv And Dstv.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.