Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,978 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair (14178 Views)

We Won’t Present Candidate Against Wike In Rerun – IPAC / Jonathan'll Declare A Marshal Plan To Rebuild North East When Re-elected- Mu’azu / INEC Further Extends Final Date For PVC Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Omooba77: 8:05am On Jan 29, 2015
The chairman of the Inter-Party Advisory Council, Mr. Yinusa Tanko, has urged the Federal Government to declare a public holiday to help Nigerians collect their permanent voter cards.

Tanko made the call during a telephone interview with our reporter on Thursday, after he and other party leaders had met with the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Professor Attahiru Jega.

“The challenge is that so many people are finding it difficult to leave their places of work to chase PVCs. Some of the places where the (collection) offices are, are far from where people are domiciled. If there is a general holiday, people would know that the day is for the collection of the PVC and they would spare time to go and collect it,” Tanko said.

The permanent voter cards are issued to potential voters who registered during an exercise that lasted for months. But collection has been hampered by poor logistics and chaos at collection points.

Tanko warned that the poor collection record could have an adverse effect on Nigeria’s democracy.

He said, “It is important for us to have this election. We can’t afford to go back to the (era of) June 12 when we had an election and the military truncated it. Therefore, we (the parties) have developed an attitude that says let’s find a solution to the problem.

“People were disenchanted with INEC before but the level of commitment shown by INEC gives room for a lot of hope. People didn’t understand that when you register and your name doesn’t appear in the register, then you haven’t registered. You would have to register again.”

- See more at: http://www.punchng.com/news/declare-a-public-holiday-for-pvc-collection-ipac-chair/#sthash.Wymsf1xJ.dpuf

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Omooba77: 8:07am On Jan 29, 2015
Me no mind oh
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Onota: 8:10am On Jan 29, 2015
How will they do that when PDP is desperately looking for opportunity to postpone the election....as they are smelling imminent defeat.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by BokoHaramm: 8:12am On Jan 29, 2015
Onota:
How will they do that when PDP is desperately looking for opportunity to postpone the election....as they are smelling imminent defeat.
your life is getting stale daily

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by olamonsor2: 8:13am On Jan 29, 2015
Yes we need holiday to collect our pvc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 29, 2015
Exactly! #GiveUsPublicHoliday

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 29, 2015
space booked..
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by morewealth(m): 8:29am On Jan 29, 2015
No need for any holiday. Just station INEC personnel or Youth corpers in various registration centres from now till two days before the elections so that people can collect their PVC.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Skako(m): 9:05am On Jan 29, 2015
We don't need holiday at all bcs APC state are highly in collecting of their pcv,i don't want PDP to collect theirs

buhari is ok

5 Likes

Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Seun(m): 9:05am On Jan 29, 2015
Nairalanders suggested it first.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by adrainuche(m): 9:06am On Jan 29, 2015
Abi so everyone can get...
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by mtprofessor5(m): 9:07am On Jan 29, 2015
Ok
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by mtprofessor5(m): 9:07am On Jan 29, 2015
I will get mine today and make GEJ stays

Quote me and live long

2 Likes

Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by adrainuche(m): 9:07am On Jan 29, 2015
handelex:
space booked..

NBC Nairaland Bookers Covenant
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by davdandam(m): 9:08am On Jan 29, 2015
How many times they wan give public holiday
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by adrainuche(m): 9:08am On Jan 29, 2015
mtprofessor5:
J

J for What
Jump or Juju grin shocked shocked
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Burger01(m): 9:08am On Jan 29, 2015
This is better. If declaring holiday is not possible then they should allow people to vote with their temporary VCs..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by deejayterabyte(m): 9:08am On Jan 29, 2015
But they wont, they want to postpone the elections

See uncle Jona, if u like postpone the election for 1 year, buhari will still defeat you at the polls, you are fighting an already lost battle, you wasted 6 precious years of this country siphoning and sucking our reserves dry accompanied with corrupt practices, you cant save yourself now, start with your travel arrangements back to otuoke asap

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by reaky(m): 9:08am On Jan 29, 2015
Make I hear say I go collect ma own
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by pekeyim: 9:09am On Jan 29, 2015
People wan take things
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Daniel058(m): 9:09am On Jan 29, 2015
We don hear.. But the problem be say me no go even go to any polling unit that very day...

[size=20pt]After all, after elections, na selection we go see[/size].... ..

. proudly E_politician
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by hazyfm1: 9:09am On Jan 29, 2015
concur
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Daniel058(m): 9:09am On Jan 29, 2015
OK thanks
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by adrainuche(m): 9:09am On Jan 29, 2015
Seun:
Nairalanders suggested it first.

Seun are u sure ?
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Sanchez01: 9:09am On Jan 29, 2015
I believe the FG should have taken this step long before now instead of planning to cry foul after the elections

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by mtprofessor5(m): 9:09am On Jan 29, 2015
adrainuche:

J for What
Jump or Juju grin shocked shocked

Modified

Don't forget " to travel u hav to book first"

1 Like

Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 29, 2015
One week more should be enough for people to pick up thEir PVC

1 Like

Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 29, 2015
What have they been doing all these years?
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by watered(m): 9:10am On Jan 29, 2015
True talk cos most people haven't got theirs. I can't leave my daily business for any PVC whatsoever.

Noted and forwarded to Reno Omokri
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by bamideleolushol(m): 9:11am On Jan 29, 2015
Many wi use the public holiday to transact business while some wi use it as an opportunity. Why PDP always scared sef no holiday pls

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Metuh: Temper Justice With Mercy, PDP Begs CJN / Buhari Receives Governor Inuwa Yahaya / Bbc, Olusosun And Nigerian Middle Class Hypocrisy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.