Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps (2648 Views)

Carlcare Is Here With You / I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores / The Address And Hot Line Of Our Carlcare Service Center In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by tanfani: 9:19am On Jan 29, 2015
Is it just me or have you also been noticing these Carlcare reps asking you to visit their service center on virtually every Tecno, Infinix or Itel issue? If others were doing the same, it would be an automatic ban but they're freely promoting their brand without a single help from them.
Even If you ask "I just bought this Tecno, Infinix or Itel phone, where is the power button located so I can switch it on", their reply would be "Hi! You can call our service center directly about that, and the hotline of our opebi center is +234 80022752273. Pls call during working hours. And if you want us to check it for you, pls provide us with your complete Wo number. Thank you!" .... Carlcaresophia and co.
If these people aren't ready to render any assistance on NL then they should sit at their service center because we already know the address and how to get there. Afterall, we were aware that they had a service center but came to NL to get a quick / free solution.

Speaking of solutions, A friend of mine bricked her phone from changing font. You wont believe that these Carlcare guys told her to bring N8,000 that her board needs to be replaced. When she told me over the phone (in tears), I asked her to come back that it didnt sound right. I just directed her to one Nigerian website popular for helping to unbrick Tecno, Infinix and Gionee phones for free. They sent her necessarry files and phone was working fine in less than 10 minutes. That was what 'Carlcare Engineers' called a board issue!

My question is, why do these Carlcare reps have to feed on the ignorance of their own customers? I've heard of many such cases where they blamed simple software issues on board just to collect money. Another annoying thing i'm yet to confirm is their swap policy. Imagine a friend cracking the screen of a phone he got for over N40,000 less than 1 month ago and Carlcare told him that the parts are no longer available and he would have to swap it. Imagine the rogues valued his phone at N5,000. What a mess! Im seriously investigating this 'swap' thing because the tales I'm hearing so far are ridiculous

This is not attacking any company's reputation, just calling a spade a spade. There are many here on NL alone who can corroborate these shady Carlcare techniques.

On a final note, If Carlcare reps posts on NL are only going to ask us to visit their service center (without providing any meaningful online support) then this should be considered and treated as SPAM.

3 Likes

Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 29, 2015
Probably they're paid under the table or the reps open new accounts frequently knowing fully well the mods can't do IP bans.

Steadily creating accounts would account for why the nairaland userbase has grown by 3,200 new members in just three days.

1 Like

Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by tanfani: 9:54am On Jan 29, 2015
charix:
Probably they're paid under the table or the reps open new accounts frequently knowing fully well the mods can't do IP bans.

Steadily creating accounts would account for why the nairaland userbase has grown by 3,200 new members in just three days.
my brother, it's just annoying!

1 Like

Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by parrotibaba(m): 9:55am On Jan 29, 2015
@op believe it or not dat calcaresophia helps a lot in dis phone section n she further gives u d direction to dia calcare locations if u can't fix ur problem by ur self ,my only problem with dem is dat dia calcare locations r too small ,about only ten with Lagos having two locations ,de should spread to other states...
Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by tanfani: 9:59am On Jan 29, 2015
parrotibaba:
@op believe it or not dat calcaresophia helps a lot in dis phone section n she further gives u d direction to dia calcare locations if u can't fix ur problem by ur self ,my only problem with dem is dat dia calcare locations r too small ,about only ten with Lagos having two locations ,de should spread to other states...

please, give me the link to one thread they actually helped... thanks

1 Like

Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by Carlcaresophia: 10:00am On Jan 29, 2015
tanfani:
Is it just me or have you also been noticing these Carlcare reps asking you to visit their service center on virtually every Tecno, Infinix or Itel issue? If others were doing the same, it would be an automatic ban but they're freely promoting their brand without a single help from them.
Even If you ask "I just bought this Tecno, Infinix or Itel phone, where is the power button located so I can switch it on", their reply would be "Hi! You can call our service center directly about that, and the hotline of our opebi center is +234 80022752273. Pls call during working hours. And if you want us to check it for you, pls provide us with your complete Wo number. Thank you!" .... Carlcaresophia and co.
If these people aren't ready to render any assistance on NL then they should sit at their service center because we already know the address and how to get there. Afterall, we were aware that they had a service center but came to NL to get a quick / free solution.

Speaking of solutions, A friend of mine bricked her phone from changing font. You wont believe that these Carlcare guys told her to bring N8,000 that her board needs to be replaced. When she told me over the phone (in tears), I asked her to come back that it didnt sound right. I just directed her to one Nigerian website popular for helping to unbrick Tecno, Infinix and Gionee phones for free. They sent her necessarry files and phone was working fine in less than 10 minutes. That was what 'Carlcare Engineers' called a board issue!

My question is, why do these Carlcare reps have to feed on the ignorance of their own customers? I've heard of many such cases where they blamed simple software issues on board just to collect money. Another annoying thing i'm yet to confirm is their swap policy. Imagine a friend cracking the screen of a phone he got for over N40,000 less than 1 month ago and Carlcare told him that the parts are no longer available and he would have to swap it. Imagine the rogues valued his phone at N5,000. What a mess! Im seriously investigating this 'swap' thing because the tales I'm hearing so far are ridiculous

This is not attacking any company's reputation, just calling a spade a spade. There are many here on NL alone who can corroborate these shady Carlcare techniques.

On a final note, If Carlcare reps posts on NL are only going to ask us to visit their service center (without providing any meaningful online support) then this should be considered and treated as SPAM.

Dear sir, thank you for your concern first, and this is not an auto reply. We'll try to provide solutions to these onlie problems if they're simple and can be solved within some steps of settings. But if they're complicated or requiring some files or other tools, we'll suggest the users to go to Carlcare to avoid any damage to the phone. After all, we're the professional after-sale provider for Tecno, Itel and Infinix mobile phones. We'll also be very happy if the users can find other better ways to fix their phones. We keep mentioning our Carlcare because there're still many users who don't know us, and in some places, we only have phone collecting points instead of service centers, and those phone collecting points are barely knew by users. And when we met complaints here, we need to know the neccessary contact information and work order number to inform our colleagues to check, and then help the users to solve the problem, trying our best to make users satisfied. As for the charge problem you mentioned, we're very sorry for this, and we'll report this to our after-sale manager and try to improve this situation. And if you meet any unreasonable charges or other issues in the future, you're welcome to send us e-mail (to service@carlcare.com) or sending messages to our Facebook(Carlcare Service Center) inbox, we'll try to solve it as soon as possible. Thank you!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by parrotibaba(m): 10:12am On Jan 29, 2015
tanfani:

please, give me the link to one thread they actually helped... thanks
check out d thread of d guy dat complained about a yellow patch on his tecno g9 ,n others dat I can't remember ...dat girl is trying here n not only her ,dia r at least 2 engineers dia also helps here so stop slandering sm one else's good work simply because ur gf stupidly bricked her phone without knowing how to change to d so called fonts
Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by tanfani: 10:23am On Jan 29, 2015
parrotibaba:
check out d thread of d guy dat complained about a yellow patch on his tecno g9 ,n others dat I can't remember ...dat girl is trying here n not only her ,dia r at least 2 engineers dia also helps here so stop slandering sm one else's good work simply because ur gf stupidly bricked her phone without knowing how to change to d so called fonts

Now, you degrade to insults but I won't stoop that low. FYI, I've seen the thread, same same. H0vatek even tried helping but Carlcare didn't offer any useful help except visit help center.
If you don't have anything meaningful to contribute, you don't have to make up for that with cheap insults
Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by tanfani: 10:34am On Jan 29, 2015
Carlcaresophia, thanks for your professional reply. As i earlier said, I'm not here to slander Carlcare, just sharing some bitter experiences. Please, I would like you to have more helpful articles or videos that can help your users beside always asking them to visit. See Blackberry, Samsung, Apple and CO. they have support forums where they share helpful tutorials. You guys should do something similar
Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by parrotibaba(m): 10:44am On Jan 29, 2015
tanfani:

Now, you degrade to insults but I won't stoop that low. FYI, I've seen the thread, same same. H0vatek even tried helping but Carlcare didn't offer any useful help except visit help center.
If you don't have anything meaningful to contribute, you don't have to make up for that with cheap insults
when u open a thread asking d NL mods to ban dis calcare reps cos de don't help except advertise dia products what did u expect in return ? kisses? praise? support? niggar u insulted dem first ...

As for d other ish ,here is a screenshot proving ur a$$ wrong ,learn how to appreciate for once on ur life.. she clearly told d ninja to factory reset after backing up important files ,tell me hw dats not a useful help?

Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by Carlcaresophia: 11:05am On Jan 29, 2015
tanfani:
Carlcaresophia, thanks for your professional reply. As i earlier said, I'm not here to slander Carlcare, just sharing some bitter experiences. Please, I would like you to have more helpful articles or videos that can help your users beside always asking them to visit. See Blackberry, Samsung, Apple and CO. they have support forums where they share helpful tutorials. You guys should do something similar
Thanks for your advice, we'll try to improve in the future. And we have many helpful articles in our Facebook already, maybe you can add us in Facebook: Carlcare Service Center. Thank you!
Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by tanfani: 11:08am On Jan 29, 2015
parrotibaba:
when u open a thread asking d NL mods to ban dis calcare reps cos de don't help except advertise dia products what did u expect in return ? kisses? praise? support? niggar u insulted dem first ...

As for d other ish ,here is a screenshot proving ur a$$ wrong ,learn how to appreciate for once on ur life.. she clearly told d ninja to factory reset after backing up important files ,tell me hw dats not a useful help?

And he shows his ignorance again for all to see....
you clearly didn't comprehend my post, probably slow upstairs but that's ok.
I didn't call for them to get banned , just called for their posting methods to be called to order. If you don't see the difference then there's no point replying to any more of your ranting.
how does that screenshot change anything?
BTW, did you see how carlcaresophia replied to this thread? that's how a professional customer care rep is trained to reply because it's customer feedback I dropped, not insults. Maybe if you had a good job, you would understand
I'm expecting more noise and meaningless rants from you after this but just take my silence as the best answer to your ignorance.
Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by parrotibaba(m): 11:19am On Jan 29, 2015
tanfani:

and u meant what here? seems u r d one lacking upstairs
Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by parrotibaba(m): 11:24am On Jan 29, 2015
tanfani:

And he shows his ignorance again for all to see....
you clearly didn't comprehend my post, probably slow upstairs but that's ok.
I didn't call for them to get banned , just called for their posting methods to be called to order. If you don't see the difference then there's no point replying to any more of your ranting.
how does that screenshot change anything?
BTW, did you see how carlcaresophia replied to this thread? that's how a professional customer care rep is trained to reply because it's customer feedback I dropped, not insults. Maybe if you had a good job, you would understand
I'm expecting more noise and meaningless rants from you after this but just take my silence as the best answer to your ignorance.
I guess u would hv offered a better answer to guy ...smh ,u just said she didn't offer any answers ,dat hovat.ek did ,I proved u wrong n now u come up with "how does dat screenshot change anything?" ode(big one for dat matter)...u can keep silent for all I care

Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by SetrakusRa(m): 11:42am On Jan 29, 2015
I don't think the OP is making any sense.
Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by parrotibaba(m): 11:53am On Jan 29, 2015
SetrakusRa:
I don't think the OP is making any sense.
no mind d ninja ,ppl just hide behind dia monikers n yammer all kinds of rubbish online...
Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by dridowu: 12:02pm On Jan 29, 2015
I careless about carlcare, my previous tecno M3 has taught me a lesson that anything tecno, infinix, itel, e.t.c that i should run as fast as possible from them. Total waste of money
Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by tanfani: 12:30pm On Jan 29, 2015
dridowu:
I careless about carlcare, my previous tecno M3 has taught me a lesson that anything tecno, infinix, itel, e.t.c that i should run as fast as possible from them. Total waste of money

Now this is a bitter customer speaking his mind like me. Are we both talking rubbish now?
Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by parrotibaba(m): 12:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
tanfani:

Now this is a bitter customer speaking his mind like me. Are we both talking rubbish now?
no he bared his mind about his bitter experience at d hands of cal care n not advocating for d ban of dia reps on NL or denying dat calcaresophia has helped in NL ,dat all de do is to advertise dia products on NL ... besides according to ur post ,u hv never encountered dem b4 ,just ur gf n bf

Do u know what u deserve ?

„„

Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by Dabss(m): 12:47pm On Jan 29, 2015
parrotibaba:
dude, her reply is just 5% help and 95% advert.
Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by parrotibaba(m): 12:55pm On Jan 29, 2015
Dabss:
which part is d advert ? u complained dat u hv a yellow patch on ur tablet in ur tablet's calcare rep replies u with this...

Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by parrotibaba(m): 1:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
what is wrong with some ppl's brains ? when u hv a problem with ur network line what comes at d end of message sent ? "CONTACT YOUR CUSTOMER CARE REP" ...how is dis an advertisement? Calcare is d place u fix ur phone's problems n if u hv tecno/infinix/itel as ur phone brand ,how is "u can take ur phone to our calcare service center" an advertisement? So if u hv cancer or meningitis ,what do ppl tell u? "visit a doctor" is dat now an advertisement of d hospital? or would u prefer to go lie down at home n miraculously heal ur self without any medication? To think dat she even told d guy to factory reset n backup important files b4 doing so n to contact dem if he has further problems...n yet some ninjas see dis as a form of advertisement

Honestly speaking ,we r d cause of our various problems
Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by SetrakusRa(m): 2:24pm On Jan 29, 2015
Dabss:

If reffering to people to where they'll sort out their problems isn't help, then i don't know what is... Or rather, what's your definition of "advert"? I mean, thanks to her, most people whom don't know of any Carlcare centers around, she normally reffers them to some phone collecting point.

If that isn't help but advertisement, then we need more of this advertisement... ...or just maybe i dont understand the OP.
Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by akashi01(m): 3:02pm On Jan 29, 2015
omo see gone cheesygrincheesygrin
Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by Dabss(m): 3:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
SetrakusRa:

If reffering to people to where they'll sort out their problems isn't help, then i don't know what is... Or rather, what's your definition of "advert"? I mean, thanks to her, most people whom don't know of any Carlcare centers around, she normally reffers them to some phone collecting point.

If that isn't help but advertisement, then we need more of this advertisement... ...or just maybe i dont understand the OP.
she is just doing what she is paid to do. Jezz! Unless the carlcare center do the repairs for free I don't she how she is helping anybody. We all have where we fix our phones before the "carlcare" centers came into existence.
I don't support the op on the banning issue but the carlcare agents are definitely not angels from above. They are just hustlers grin
Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by SetrakusRa(m): 3:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
Dabss:
she is just doing what she is paid to do. Jezz! Unless the carlcare center do the repairs for free I don't she how she is helping anybody. We all have where we fix our phones before the "carlcare" centers came into existence.
I don't support the op on the banning issue but the carlcare agents are def nof angels from above. They are just hustlers grin

@bolded, very true.. I dont understand why the OP will say such..

They're definitely hustlers, dont spoil their hustle grin
Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by OgologoDimkpa: 3:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
Whatever calcare mean, I'm not interested embarassed
I don't use Chincko phones cool
Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by tanfani: 4:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
Do you know how many websites have been banned on NL for half of what carlcare reps are doing? If another website said do this but visit my website @ ..... if you need more help , for every single post, no be ban go end am? Didn't Konga links get banned here? and is Konga not a big brand? Why then should. carlcare reps not help us in any meaningful way but freely promote their business without any warning from mods?
I'm not advocating for their ban, what I'm saying is if others have got banned for the same thing then why are they going unchecked?
Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by tanfani: 4:32pm On Jan 29, 2015
SetrakusRa:

@bolded, very true.. I dont understand why the OP will say such..

They're definitely hustlers, dont spoil their hustle grin

Nobody is trying to spoil their hustle. If NL punishes others for similar actions, why shouldn't they be called to order? I don't own a website but I know how many website links get blocked every day on NL for even half of what they're doing
Re: I Wonder Why NL Mods Arent Doing Anything About These Carlcare Reps by tanfani: 4:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
parrotibaba:
what is wrong with some ppl's brains ? when u hv a problem with ur network line what comes at d end of message sent ? "CONTACT YOUR CUSTOMER CARE REP" ...how is dis an advertisement? Calcare is d place u fix ur phone's problems n if u hv tecno/infinix/itel as ur phone brand ,how is "u can take ur phone to our calcare service center" an advertisement? So if u hv cancer or meningitis ,what do ppl tell u? "visit a doctor" is dat now an advertisement of d hospital? or would u prefer to go lie down at home n miraculously heal ur self without any medication? To think dat she even told d guy to factory reset n backup important files b4 doing so n to contact dem if he has further problems...n yet some ninjas see dis as a form of advertisement

Honestly speaking ,we r d cause of our various problems

parrotibaba, You're obviously a parrot . Thinking must hurt your brain real bad.. feeling sorry for you already

(1) (2)

Smartphone Camera Exlplained : Why More Megapixel Isn’t Always Better / Gionee M2017 - Phone With Largest Battery Ever / 15 New Whatsapp Tricks That You Should Try Today, And Be Amazed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.