Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Best Of 2008: Nairaland Threads - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Best Of 2008: Nairaland Threads (792 Views)

Indecency In Innocent Nairaland Threads / Some Old Nairaland Threads Who Remembers These People Lol! / Fun Nairaland Threads You Need To See! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Of 2008: Nairaland Threads by StephenP(m): 2:32am On Dec 27, 2008
OoWeee!! The year is almost over and so much has happened this year on Nairaland. This year, we have seen the funny and the dead serious threads, the intelligent and the downright retarded threads, some posters banned for the first time and some lose count, some leave and some just registering . . . I could go on and on but you get the point. This thread is dedicated to those threads (and their posters) that made us have a reason to come back to NL.

The list is in no particular order.

1] T-Girl's "Up Close And Personal (Nairaland Celebrities)"
I have to admit at first, I was skeptical about this thread because it took away the anonymity of the NL users she considered celebs. I also thought that no one would respond to the interviews but I was wrong. This thread (now locked) in less than 2 months had 1952 replies and 16000+ views. It was successfully able to show a side many of those NL users interviewed that others had not seen before.

2] Monicaa's "God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting"
This is another thread that has garnered so many views and responses in a short amount of time which is not surprising because of its controversy. It has been able to pull the strings of many Nairalanders, religious or not, and it deserves its place on this list.

3] Kojeiwa's "Nigerian Girls Have No Booty"
ThisĀ  thread was created early 2008 and it has shown how freaky Nairalanders can be if given the opportunity. It also makes the list because the poster uploaded a woman's butt with its dimension and a little less that 16000 views.

4] Nigerian Men/Women Can't . . .
There have been many battles of the sexes this year and these threads found mostly in the Romance Section have not failed to portray that. It's either men/women can't french kiss, men stare too much, women cheat more than men or why women dance with their mouths open and so on. One of the most popular of these threads is quickygirl's Nigerian Guys Cannot French Kiss!.

5] African-African American War
Culture is overflowing with threads bashing both Africans or African Americans. The poster behind many of these threads is Mandingo but the thread with the most hits is idocare's "How Do Africans Really Feel About African Americans?" Hopefully 2009 will see some unity between Africans and African Americans because at the end of the day, we are Black.

6] DeepZone and all her threads
Yes she might be sexist, tribalist, and whatever but you just have to love her and her threads, not matter how controversial they may seem.

7] A-40's Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only
Sport is one of the boards with the highest traffic so I am not surprised that this thread effortlessly had 2000+ replies and close to 12000 views in less than 2 months. Plus it's the Gunners we are talking about; they rep hard. Another one that came close to this was Ndumart's ManU thread here.

8] Nalijah07's Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures
This thread took off on a slow start but was able to earn an average 700+ replies but a whooping 17000+ views. As the name suggests, Nairalanders we were able to upload and view pictures of anything Nigerian such as foods, people, traffic, clothing. . . yeah anything Nigerian.

9] Tumfulu
Never before has a poster been so annoying and so disgusting with his sexuality as Tumfulu was, yet that was what made many like him and his fabricated tales. Trivia: All of his topics are featured in Sexuality board and Recycle Bin. Check out one of his least offensive threads here. He will be greatly missed.

10] Stephenp's " Role Play"
Hopefully, this isn't seen as biased but seeing as the Literature section has little or no traffic, the ability for a thread there to have 5000+ hits within the space of two months and a half deserves to be commended. This thread was able to bring out the creative side of Nairalanders from many of the other sections.

I know 2009 will be as fun, creative and educative as this year was, maybe even better.

Happy New Year in Advance,

Stephen.

[size=1]Got a thread that was posted this year that you feel deserves to be recognized? Feel free to post it below.[/size]
Re: Best Of 2008: Nairaland Threads by KarmaMod(f): 2:36am On Dec 27, 2008
my fav is RolePlay
Re: Best Of 2008: Nairaland Threads by StephenP(m): 2:47am On Dec 27, 2008
KarmaMod:

my fav is RolePlay

*bow* To be honest LadyT was the brains behind it. I'm sad it only lasted for the summer.
Re: Best Of 2008: Nairaland Threads by smat101(m): 3:03pm On Nov 03, 2020
gh
Re: Best Of 2008: Nairaland Threads by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:12pm On Mar 31, 2022
BoredBerry pls I need your attention here..

(1) (Reply)

What Will U Do Right If U Could Turn D Hands Of Time? / Why Do Women Add Their Names To Thier Husbands During Marraige / Merry Xmas to you all

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.