Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:01 AM

Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC (2074 Views)

Ekiti Youths Declare Support For Fayose,Protest Buhari's Rascality(photos) / Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG / 49 PDP Senators Declare Support For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by ninjasta: 12:26pm On Jan 29, 2015
Itsekiri people in Delta State have said they will vote massively for the presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress, APC, Muhammadu Buhari, and all the party’s candidates in next month’s general elections.

They also expressed unhappiness over their alleged maltreatment by President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration, noting that not even his recent visit to the Olu of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse II, would deter them.

Their position was made known when Itsekiri Legacy Rebirth, ILR, a socio-political pressure group, paid the Warri monarch a visit.

The group said President Jonathan had failed to keep his promises, not just to Itsekiri people but also to millions of Nigerians he disappointed when he yet again aborted plans to do the ground-breaking ceremony of Ogidigben Export Processing Zone, EPZ, last November, thereby playing politics with the project.

The ILR Chairman, Dr Alex Ideh, on the occasion presented some of its members contesting political offices in the general elections on the platform of APC to the monarch and top Itsekiri chiefs.

Ideh noted: “Our position had always been very clear; Itsekiri will do APC this time around, very certainly. So, if you see many of our members for APC, it’s (not) coincidence.

“I don’t see this president as someone who has capacity; I think Buhari will do a better job. I have said this time without number and it’s my place to guide my people aright.”

Further explaining the shift in Itsekiri people’s position, Ideh said: “The several postponement of the EPZ ground breaking ceremony is one of the reasons we say the president does not keep his words. This is a president who promised in the presence of millions of Nigerians that he is coming to do the ground breaking. He broke his promise, not only to Itsekiri, but to the people of Delta State and the entire country, which people would have benefitted from that project. Slowing it down was not the best and there was no reason for him to have done that.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/itsekiris-declare-support-for-buhari-apc/

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by Justbright(m): 12:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
season of adoption and endorsement......GMB will surely have more Dan 25% votes in akwa ibom,delta,crivers and delta and will win Edo and rivers

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by Clerverly: 12:41pm On Jan 29, 2015
GEJ was born in 1957 but he visited PH in 1955, Jimi Agbaje got a letter signed in the future... PDP members are in charge of the black hole

8 Likes

Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by neenar: 12:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
Itsekiri mi dede, mo ki han o!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 29, 2015
SAI BUHARI!!!!!! cool

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by dahunsy(f): 1:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
coughs***clear throat...TO ALL JONATHAN SUPPORTERS MAY GOD RUN YOUR LIFE THE WAY JONA IZ RUNNING THIS COUNTRY

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
It's not a news joor. An average Itsekiri person has this eternal hatred for anything Ijaw and not just Jonathan alone. This does not mean mean GEJ will not still get some faithful voters among them. We shall overcome. God bless President GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by Ilekeh(f): 1:41pm On Jan 29, 2015
Itsekiris......Yorubas' half sibling.

Benin...... Yorubas' sibling.

6 Likes

Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by jars9: 2:26pm On Jan 29, 2015
If you check well it's one unknown group am itsekiri and we will never endorse anyone we remain neutral on this issue of endorsement, even alex ideh knows the truth he risk his life if he tries it so let the case die the two candidate should struggle fir votes and quit looking for endorsement yo pitch one against the other
Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by jars9: 2:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
Sto making silly comments before thinking read the post well and think again.

myhoodlink:
It's not a news joor. An average Itsekiri person has this eternal hatred for anything Ijaw and not just Jonathan alone. This does vnot mean mean GEJ will not still get some faithful voters among them. We shall overcome. God bless President GEJ.
Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by alaoeri: 2:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
GMB just need 40% of the total votes cast in SS & the General will cruise to Aso rock.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
jars9:

Sto making silly comments before thinking read the post well and think again.

Thanks for the insult. I know what I am saying. God bless you.
Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by tyson99(m): 2:32pm On Jan 29, 2015
alaoeri:
GMB just need 40% of the total votes cast in SS & the General will cruise to Aso rock.
Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by jars9: 2:41pm On Jan 29, 2015
I have ijaw friends that we eat , and do business together so stop generalising what you are doing now is prejudice stop pre judging people Itsekiri don't hate anyone and from what I know I still have friends with parents from both sides so what are you talking about this is how people use the youth for political gains please change your mind settings.

myhoodlink:
Thanks for the insult. I know what I am saying. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 29, 2015
jars9:

I have ijaw friends that we eat , and do business together so stop generalising what you are doing now is prejudice stop pre judging people Itsekiri don't hate anyone and from what I know I still have friends with parents from both sides so what are you talking about this is how people use the youth for political gains please change your mind settings.

I have so many Ijaws and Itsekiris parents, elders, friends and children alike too. A good number of them have these inbuilt prejudice towards each other. The reason I use an average is due to the marginal numbers of both with free mind. The EPZ saga later worsen the whole thing. All we pray for is peace to reign. For your info many PDP top party members who once supported Jonathan are saying the opposite thing today due to that EPZ issue. I know what I am saying. Let peace reign. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 29, 2015
neenar:

That is very close to normal Yoruba...

3 Likes

Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by jars9: 3:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
Stop it, you still doing the same thing again, how does EPZ concern me and you except your brother or sister is a direct beneficiary and even if we you know anything that involves money is always delicate but apart from LGAS AND EPZ issue there's no problem, so it means it's the politicians and thugs that fight to benefit themselves and futher divid the masses same thing going on in nigeria shine your eyes and drop tribalism.

myhoodlink:
I have so many Ijaws and Itsekiris parents, elders, friends and children alike too. A good number of them have these inbuilt prejudice towards each other. The reason I use an average is due to the marginal numbers of both with free mind. The EPZ saga later worsen the whole thing. All we pray for is peace to reign. For your info many PDP top party members who once supported Jonathan are saying the opposite thing today due to that EPZ issue. I know what I am saying. Let peace reign. God bless.
Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by Samchelsea(m): 3:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
Reserved......
Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by laykhorn(m): 3:20pm On Jan 29, 2015
Change Everywhere #GMB
Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
jars9:
Stop it, you still doing the same thing again, how does EPZ concern me and you except your brother or sister is a direct beneficiary and even if we you know anything that involves money is always delicate but apart from LGAS AND EPZ issue there's no problem, so it means it's the politicians and thugs that fight to benefit themselves and futher divid the masses same thing going on in nigeria shine your eyes and drop tribalism.

I have been playing my role in whatever way to ease tension and for peace to reign by seminars, engaging in conversations with top stakeholders from both side for there to be unity among us. I am neither an Ijaw nor an Itsekiri. If you're in Warri, I would love to introduce you to some who you can talk to too to ease their mind-set. I mean every bit of what I'm saying here. I've been slapped once too by that Vendor Stand by Eagle Flight Bank before World of Life for preaching peace. I live among them and can testify what the mood of the people are. We need peace. God bless.
Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by neenar: 3:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
ilugunboy:

Yep!
Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by bigmo1(m): 3:50pm On Jan 29, 2015
When Jonathan had the opportunity to finish off Boko haram, he failed to do so. Now Boko haram has become too monstrous for to even look in the eyes. But all hope is not lost yet. The quickest solution is to bring back the gap toothed general from the North, a prominent alumni of US war college. He led troops gallantly during the war of seccession, as a former GOC he finished off chadian rebels who invaded our beloved country and chased them right into the heart of chad republic breaking all diplomatic protocols, as a commander in chief, he sent the maitatsine sect into extinction when the boko haram-like sect reared its ugly head. We sane and sincere Nigerians earnestly ask for General Buhari. We must all #bringbackbuhari
Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by Here2BustnScrew: 4:12pm On Jan 29, 2015
ninjasta:

Itsekiri people in Delta State have said they will vote massively for the presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress, APC, Muhammadu Buhari, and all the party’s candidates in next month’s general elections.

They also expressed unhappiness over their alleged maltreatment by President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration, noting that not even his recent visit to the Olu of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse II, would deter them.

Their position was made known when Itsekiri Legacy Rebirth, ILR, a socio-political pressure group, paid the Warri monarch a visit.

The group said President Jonathan had failed to keep his promises, not just to Itsekiri people but also to millions of Nigerians he disappointed when he yet again aborted plans to do the ground-breaking ceremony of Ogidigben Export Processing Zone, EPZ, last November, thereby playing politics with the project.

The ILR Chairman, Dr Alex Ideh, on the occasion presented some of its members contesting political offices in the general elections on the platform of APC to the monarch and top Itsekiri chiefs.

Ideh noted: “Our position had always been very clear; Itsekiri will do APC this time around, very certainly. So, if you see many of our members for APC, it’s (not) coincidence.

“I don’t see this president as someone who has capacity; I think Buhari will do a better job. I have said this time without number and it’s my place to guide my people aright.”

Further explaining the shift in Itsekiri people’s position, Ideh said: “The several postponement of the EPZ ground breaking ceremony is one of the reasons we say the president does not keep his words. This is a president who promised in the presence of millions of Nigerians that he is coming to do the ground breaking. He broke his promise, not only to Itsekiri, but to the people of Delta State and the entire country, which people would have benefitted from that project. Slowing it down was not the best and there was no reason for him to have done that.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/itsekiris-declare-support-for-buhari-apc/
itsekiri people are so selfish. they have been ruling delta state for many years now, now Okowa from Delta north got the ticket and decided to support APC. an end has come to marginalization in Nigeria.
Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by wirinet(m): 4:13pm On Jan 29, 2015
neenar:
Ene oton Iwere dede je!
Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by wirinet(m): 4:20pm On Jan 29, 2015
Here2BustnScrew:

itsekiri people are so selfish. they have been ruling delta state for many years now, now Okowa from Delta north got the ticket and decided to support APC. an end has come to marginalization in Nigeria.

Itsekiris are very pragmatic not selfish. What did the Itsekiris gain by an Itsekiri man ruling delta for many years? The Itsekiris gain far more under Ibori, an Urhobo man. So the Itsekiris (just one organization) are supporting APC because an Okowa man got the ticket of PDP? I was not aware that APC presented an Itsekiri man as governorship candidiate.

What did the Itsekiris gain from President Jonathan during his nearly 6 years reign. Please name how many federal projects in Itsekiri land or how many federal appointments the Itsekiri's got.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by Here2BustnScrew: 4:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
wirinet:

Itsekiris are very pragmatic not selfish. What did the Itsekiris gain by an Itsekiri man ruling delta for many years? The Itsekiris gain far more under Ibori, an Urhobo man. So the Itsekiris (just one organization) are supporting APC because an Okowa man got the ticket of PDP? I was not aware that APC presented an Itsekiri man as governorship candidiate.

What did the Itsekiris gain from President Jonathan during his nearly 6 years reign. Please name how many federal projects in Itsekiri land or how many federal appointments the Itsekiri's got.
uduaghans 8 yrs what did he do for delta north
Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by apcmustwin(f): 4:30pm On Jan 29, 2015
my username says it all

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by wirinet(m): 4:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
Here2BustnScrew:

uduaghans 8 yrs what did he do for delta north

At least he build an airport at the cost of N27.7 Billion.
Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by Here2BustnScrew: 4:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
wirinet:

At least he build an airport at the cost of N27.7 Billion.
because it is the state capital and Warri has one already, what about the stadium that has been uncompleted since Ibori left..
Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by Zeus777: 4:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
ilugunboy:

"itsekiri mi dede mo ki han o" is not "very close to normal yoruba"....it is yoruba!!

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by Zeus777: 4:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
ilugunboy:

"itsekiri mi dede mo ki han o" is not "very close to yoruba"....it is yoruba!!

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris Declare Support For Buhari, APC by Sweetlemon(f): 4:47pm On Jan 29, 2015
Itshekiris are not best buddies with Ijaws on a normal day.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTO: Shehu Shagari At 90, OBJ Missing At Cake Cutting Photo / Accord Party Wins Mushin Federal Constituency / Breaking: TAN Declares For Ambode???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.