Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG (19715 Views)

Rep Storms Out Of Plenary Over Motion For FG To Present Record Of Recovered Loot / Stanley Lawson Accused Of Laundering Billions For Madueke Working For FG - SSS / Ekiti Youths Declare Support For Fayose,Protest Buhari's Rascality(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by dre11(m): 7:56pm On May 18, 2016
The House of Representatives on Wednesday made a formal declaration of support for the decision of the Federal Government to remove the subsidy on Premium Motor Spirit, better known as petrol.
As a result of the decision, a litre of petrol now sells for N145, up from N86.50k.

However, the government claimed that what it did was price increase and not the removal of subsidy or deregulation of the downstream sector of the petroleum industry.

On Wednesday, the House, which was presided over by the Speaker, Mr. Yakubu Dogara, backed the price hike.

The price hike had pitted the government with organalised Labour, as a faction of the Nigerian Labour Congress led by Mr. Ayuba Wabba, vehemently opposed it.

The group had called for an indefinite nationwide strike on Wednesday, though other labour groups, including the Trade Union Congress, pulled out.
The House had intervened in a bid to resolve the dispute by summoning the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, to appear before it on Monday.

After Kachikwu’s appearance, where he said the government would not reverse the new price regime, the House also invited labour leaders to hear their own side of the story on Tuesday.

An adhoc committee chaired by the Chief Whip of the House, Mr. Alhassan Ado-Doguwa, was mandated to interface with labour leaders.

The committee presented an interim report to the House on Wednesday, which was adopted wholesale by lawmakers.

In adopting the report, the House said it was in support of the price hike.

It added that it “overwhelmingly expressed solidarity towards deregulation of the downstream sector of the oil industry in the greater interest of the Nigerian economy and posterity.”

While supporting the price regime, the House urged labour to continue to “show understanding of the situation, while engaging in dialogue in the interest of its teeming membership and Nigeria.”

In addition, lawmakers advised the “Executive arm to ensure full and speedy implementation of the Appropriations Act, 2016, as therein lies much of the palliatives that will help in calming the current situation.”

http://www.punchng.com/fuel-price-reps-declare-support-fg/

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by dre11(m): 8:01pm On May 18, 2016
good one by the rep

so both house now supports the removal of subsidy
the PDP and APC did stand in one voice and say

No to subsidy

let labour do whatever it intends to do...... because we reject subsidy in its totality

let them negotiate for palliatives and not subsidy

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by hungryboy(m): 8:08pm On May 18, 2016
No suprises there,

E just dey like Bokoharam to declare support for Isis.

28 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by Acidosis(m): 8:11pm On May 18, 2016
Yes, they can afford it.

As for me, I can't stand the heat, and I don't have N145 for combustion.

Therefore, I support anything that will reduce the price of fuel.

The Government can continue to deceive the people; all I know is that subsidy can be removed without skyrocketing prices to N145/litre.

43 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by hungryboy(m): 8:11pm On May 18, 2016
dre11:
good one by the rep

No to subsidy

let labour do whatever it intends to do...... because we reject subsidy in its totality

bros respect your old age oh, who be the 'we' were follow you support subsidy removal?.

19 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by ijustdey: 8:11pm On May 18, 2016
what the Rep has done wouldn't go down well with the wailers

just watch them feast on the thread with their venom gringrin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by kingphilip(m): 8:14pm On May 18, 2016
And people are supporting this How many of them buy this petroleum products at 145naira per litre

This is beyond supporting the government or organized labours. This is all about palliative measures to curb the effects of this increase

There's an increase of over 150% on food items without corresponding increase in wages and salaries

Which way Nigeria
Which way Nigerians
Which way my father's land

15 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by elitebliss(f): 9:54pm On May 18, 2016
Is well o.there is God oooooooo

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by TheMainMan: 9:55pm On May 18, 2016
..Liverpool why... cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by dunkem21(m): 9:55pm On May 18, 2016
cheesy
Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 18, 2016
The fuel price increase is contrauditory.Buhari's commissioner,vp osinbajo said the increase was as a result of increase in dollars.Tinubu,on his part said he supported subsidy removal.Why is godfather and godson contradicting each other?

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by chomchom1(f): 9:56pm On May 18, 2016
Finally na unemployed youth and common man the suffer d whole dream.. GOD IS OUR HELPER

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by bright007(f): 9:57pm On May 18, 2016
What a failed country!

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 18, 2016
dre11:
good one by the rep

No to subsidy

Is palliative not same as subsidizing?The Nigerian political rulers have been extorting from the poor to feed the rich.Those reps don't buy fuel from their salaries.It is already part of the budget.

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by saintfaculty(m): 9:58pm On May 18, 2016
angry
Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by chikel2000(m): 9:58pm On May 18, 2016
dre11:
good one by the rep

No to subsidy

don't get u, u r supporting two opposite things at d same time
Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by DeKen: 9:58pm On May 18, 2016
Why won't they.
Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by EbukaLive(m): 9:58pm On May 18, 2016
GEJ attempted to do things that I am in support of but always ended up messing it up badly. From Subsidy Removal, to CONFAB, to TSA. GEJ was a weak, weak man. However, as a Buharist(since 2002), I am not impressed with my man. But, he is far, far, far better than GEJ. And he is the best person to manage this economic quagmire we are in. If Bros still dey there now, mehn... We and Zimbabwe for dey drag am by now o

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by omenka(m): 9:58pm On May 18, 2016
And one Authorityngr.com was busy misinforming the people from a certain part of the country that the parliament has asked Baba to either revert back to the old price or face impeachment.

What a shame.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by omanifrank(m): 9:58pm On May 18, 2016
i see
Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 18, 2016
This country sucks real big. Only the common man will always suffer all what these pple are doing, and who are these "common men" they are definitely the masses, and they are almost 80-85% of the population.

Everything keep increasing, you can't get anything with ₦10 note, not even kulikuli, megawatt keep dropping everyday, dollar keep rising, electricity tariff is been increased by 100% and we can't celebrate 4hours of electricity in a day, just to mention a few.

I will only classify this country as hell, I mean hell on earth, the citizen are suffering big time, and our govt don't care about us at all.

Oh lord my God, if Na we sin too much, Abeg na beg we dey beg, forgive us cuz this hardship is damn too much.

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by DeRoyalFranco(m): 9:59pm On May 18, 2016
Next news abeg !!! ... By 2019, I go declare my support for the right presidential candidate as well... #Nonsense!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by symbianDON(m): 9:59pm On May 18, 2016
I support subsidy removal but honestly the N145/litre is too much

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by themistocles: 10:00pm On May 18, 2016
y won't dey support after all der mouth has being shut wif allocation of over 36billion jus for vehicles..
..may God strike all dis polithieficans starting frm lie Mohammed

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by tellwisdom: 10:00pm On May 18, 2016
Buhari, Na God go punish you and your family. I can't even cook stew without pouring half keg of water so it wld be enough. I dey put fuel under my bed now so that they don't steal it. Bastardd of a president angry

14 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by valarmorghulis: 10:00pm On May 18, 2016
I don't really understand what's going on, the government said they haven't removed subsidy and they want us to by fuel @145

13 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by SHAIBULIAR: 10:01pm On May 18, 2016
Lobatan
Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by pat077: 10:03pm On May 18, 2016
Ok
Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by Beehshorp(m): 10:03pm On May 18, 2016
Dey av been compromised. And their conscience sold

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by hayordele1: 10:04pm On May 18, 2016
Rep! Rep! Rep! they done bribe you with another Prado jeep again?.....We know you can afford it,think about those less privilege who can't afford it now.....Thieves!!!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Reps Declare Support For FG by uncjay(m): 10:04pm On May 18, 2016
pls someone should tell buhari Nigerians are suffering.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Next List Of Looters Will Shock Nigerians - Lai Mohammed / Oyo LGs: Malami's Intervention Rejected By Oyo State Government / Iperu: APC Members Beat Up Court Official In Dapo Abiodun’s Hometown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.