Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,604 members, 7,847,533 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:06 PM

I Will Pay Minimum Wage, Alao-akala Tells Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Pay Minimum Wage, Alao-akala Tells Workers (340 Views)

No Work, No Pay, FG Tells Workers / We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! / Present Your Pry Sch Certificate Before Getting Salaries-osun Govt Tells Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Pay Minimum Wage, Alao-akala Tells Workers by folik121: 1:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
Former governor of Oyo State and Labour Party (LP) governorship candidate, Adebayo Alao-Akala, has assured workers in the state
that his government will pay minimum wage if re-elected.
Alao-Akala said this on Wednesday, in Ibadan, while addressing members of the
Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) at the union’s secretariat.
He said he had commenced the payment of the minimum wage before the expiration of his first time and was stopped by the present administration.
“I paid your minimum wage and I will pay you again if re-elected. I am the only governor, who identified with you without the
fear of being threatened or punished,” he said.
Mr Olu Abiala, a former secretary, Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT), Oyo State chapter and the Labour Party Senatorial candidate in Oyo State, described former Governor Alao- Akala as the most worker-friendlygovernor in the history of the state.
Abiala said Alao-Akala’s government paid the highest minimum wage in the history of
the state, urging the workers to vote for the LP candidates in the state in the forthcoming general election. “He is the first governor to pay 27.5 per cent CONTISS to workers in the state,” Abiala said.
Mr Bashiru Apapa, LP national vice-chairman, South-West, urged the workers to vote for the LP candidates, adding that it was the only party that would protect workers’ interest.
Also, Mr Bashiru Olanrewaju, the NLC chairman, Oyo State chapter, said the union would welcome all candidates to its secretariat, irrespective of party affiliations.
The meeting was also attended by Alao-Akala’s running mate, Alhaji Sharafadeen Alli, LP members and hosts of NLC members in the state.

(1) (Reply)

Election message! / Buhari Palavar Getting Messier / President: Those Accusing Me Of Sponsoring Boko Haram Are Mad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.