Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate (68245 Views)

#EdoDecides: Obaseki Boycotts Public Debate / Patience Jonathan ​boycotts Presidential Prayer / Why Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate Slated For February 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by lyntiffany(f): 5:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
udatso:

sometimes I wonder how you guys reason, you gave my opponent a gun with lots of ammo and you left me with nothing yet you expect me to fight and prove that am better. does that make sense to you?it's a debate not just about selling ideas to the public alone. if I am the dullest in a class and I got questions before exam, trust me not even the brightest of students would match me. so let's not allow sentiment be cloud our judgement.
that's how dullards reason always thinking that the most brilliant in class has seen the paper before hand. Tell your gworo chewer to go defend himself and stop giving flimsy excuses.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by nwabekeyi101: 5:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
[s]
customized13:
I have always known that buhari is not intelligent, have you guys listened to him in an interview before?

The only things he says is "PDP will destroy nigeria", he is rarely articulate.

Don't expect him at the debate.
[/s]
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by BetaThings: 5:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
CFCfan:

GEJ's boycotting of that debate was shameful, but it seems that he learned from that debacle. Sometime last year, he agreed to an impromptu interview with a Sahara Reporters journalist on the streets of New York.
In addition, the likes of Reuben Abati, Olisa Metuh and Okupe have all been interviewed by Sahara Reporters.
And the impromptu interview was a fisaco, was it not?
On a neutral ground, any well disciplined person can take Jonathan apart

His open love for corrupt people alone is enough

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by tolexy007(m): 5:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
saaedlee:

When did you leave PDP?
Anyways, welcome.
lolz.....hav u being followin my comment? am nt a member of any political party, bt just one man mopol Observing tinz. I tink we really need a debate btw gej and gmb.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by mariaerica: 5:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
what is buhari running away from? Is he scared that his negative ways will be made open to Nigerians? APC's excuse is not good enough..#NO2BUHARI, #GEJ4NAIJA

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by ATMCARD2(m): 5:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
doyin1985:
http://www.thecable.ng/breaking-buhari-shuns-bon-presidential-debate | TheCable
Weda debate or not,i will deliver 20,000 votes for Jonathan.He is our VAL........and notin can change it.Msg me through ma wall link and get a Val vest.GEJ....till 2019.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 29, 2015
The election will be conducted by INEC a body whose chairman and other key officers are hand picked by the president.

I guess it follows then for APC to boycott the election as a whole.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Eluwilussit(m): 5:24pm On Jan 29, 2015
mrphysics:
NA LIE, this post is from GEJ supporters. u guys can not pull down a GENERAL? DO U KNW WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A GENERAL? well keep trying, but it will never work

All it took then was being a northerner. Especially, Hausa-Fulani. No more no less. Hypocrites.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by BetaThings: 5:24pm On Jan 29, 2015
lyntiffany:
that's how dullards reason always thinking that the most brilliant in class has seen the paper before hand. Tell your gworo chewer to go defend himself and stop giving flimsy excuses.
So if he was so brilliant, why did he run away in 2011 to take a D banj soft landing
He is supposed to have PhD
Did he not have it in 2011?

Look, anyone telling me that he prays that a day will come when there will be no prison in Nigeria should go and listen to a psychologist for 20 mins
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Chigold101(m): 5:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
spott:
I support the reasons for shunning this biased debate. BON, NTA, FRCN and AIT are all strong members of the NERD and also strongly allied to the incumbent GEJ which will end come FeBuhari14 with or without a debate.

After all Obama won the election after messing up in his own debate.
We don't want debate, we want change in Nigeria. #SaiBuhari
which Obama messed up in anydebate? Did you even watched the two debate? Inshort Romney always fought Obama during the debate... So keep it there, dont confuse people who never watched the debate.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Gozychuks(m): 5:26pm On Jan 29, 2015
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by sanmibukunmi: 5:26pm On Jan 29, 2015
i swear Nigeria is shit.... four years ago jona avoided a debate and we voted for him see the mess we find ourselves now actually in the last debate, shekarau perforemd best of all the candidates but we didnt vote him instead we voted jona..... now again we want to vote Buhari who also wants to avoid a debate ...... its time we start to understand the importance of debate in our political system. if we continue voting without hearing what the candidates have to offer, we will always be in shit..... embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Dammyllionaire(m): 5:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
slap1:
Lol
This man should just do us all a favour and step down. If you can't debate with the so-called 'clueless' GEJ, how do you intend to tackle the intellectually-tasking and complex demands of running a democratic country?

If he suspects any form of connivance, he should suggest that a more trusted body handle the debates. APC and co have been asking the PDP to forget the certificate issue and face real matters. Now the time to face real matters is upon us and they're looking for an escape route.

Kindly read this post again with your brain and sense widely open. What is even the problem of some Nigerians? A body that comprises individuals working hard to tarnish and destroy his image is the one you want him to join hands with in the name of organising a debate? What do you think will be the outcome?
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
Buhari did well to boycott the debate! There's no honour in it. grin

sai Buhari till 2019

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
itetemi:

with dokpesi as moderator.
if the debate organisers had a shred of credibility,they ought to have even told dokpesi to step down as moderator.
I agree that an openly partisan Dokpesi should not be the moderator. A neutral journo would be preferable.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by ManUtdholic: 5:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
Yeye dey smell
Apart from the fact say GEJ go massacre him, boo hary can't stand for an hour b4 u go see headline like
[size=18pt]APC presidential candidate General Muhammadu Buhari fainted during the presidential debate... Details later [/size]

All these excuses are nothing but useless, what assurance do you have that a neutral media can't be bought over..
No matter what an illiterate can't stand a literate and itz obvious.

A General (paper one tho) chicken out after boasting that he can't be fazed by the "propaganda" by pdp..

Chai GMB (give me Bomb) boss (Tinubu) don tell him "just stay at home oo, dont go and disgrace us"

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by stagger: 5:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
Is it not very obvious for all to see that not only does Buhari not have a school certificate, he is to dense to engage in an intellectual discourse with a zoologist. He cannot even present himself for a debate. I am not surprised given the way Pat Utomi left him in the dust in 2011.

Education is an asset.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by BekeeBuAgbara: 5:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
mpowa:

Give us a Neutral ground and see if he'll be there or not. why does your clueless one prefer people who'll be asking him A,B,C questions while they are throwing the Ph.D questions at Buhari, your clueless one doesn't need to defend himself on how he's mismanaged the country for 6yrs? Orchestrated debate
Did Buhari request for neutral ground? The answer is no.

Buhari shunned Oputa panel, the only former head of state that doesn't attend council of state meetings. Bros bring your certificate, he refused, come for debate, he is telling stories.

This man has no regard for Nigerians.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by ichidodo: 5:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
mpowa:

There won't be any frenzy except from d PDP, I initially was almost disappointed when i saw the headline, but when i got reasons, I agreed with it 100%. Let's have a neutral body organize the debate, not people who's been smearing his image for weeks now.

Really, people have made up their minds already, it makes no difference, debate or no debate FeBuhari beacons!
Like the greater society the mindset of the average voter is fairly simple and basic therefore when they learn of how this dropped we are looking at massive odium and scorn at the cowardly general.....nobody wants to hear the 'before before' talk as it concerns GEJ because tis past tense...what everyone wants to hear is what you can offer to them and when you decline the very platform to articulate you manifesto to these people with a lame excuse...the backlash from the voters will be overwhelmin and the buharistans including their few brainwashed followers will be isolated....."Buhari is the golden goose that just cant stop giving"-Olisa Metuh..

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by dunkem21(m): 5:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
babyosisi:

Even as I dey now with no political experience whatsoever
I can conveniently debate Jonathan and do it successfully even if all the questions were made up by him.
I will simply pick him apart in any points he brings up and confidently appeal to the conscience of the listeners

The man is dumb
And they dare call GEJ clueless

Why didn't APC present Oby Ezekwesili as their candidate?
I bet you that woman can defeat any of the candidates even she just wakes up from bed to speak
But She is Igbo and a woman so doesn't qualify
In 2015, a party presents a dunce to rule Nigeria
It is very sad
GEJ is not good and they want a change and this is the change?

It pains me more that a lot of his supporters know this but just want Nigeria to retrogress.

The dundee will still run even if the debate is professionally organized and chaired by Jarus on NL.

Iti bu iti, ho ha.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by GOGMIG(m): 5:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
beopened:
I am very much in support of Buhari boycotting the silly debates organised by the highly biased NEDG/AIT/BON/NTA/FRCN

The reasons are too obvious to be ignored....

Let Channels/Civic /Human Rights organization organise another debate and i am sure GMB will attend

Channels d APC station? u guys are a disgrace to Nigeria. lets face d fact he cant stand V.P Sambo in a debate, MATTERS MADE WORST by askin him to debate with GEJ. GEJ will show Nigerians d clueless one dat day so u decided to run, Grand Pa Buhari its a shame dat u've already started to disappoint Nigerians nd we are seeing d real u. cluelessness of d highest order, grand pas' memory is now empty, jst do ur self a favour by steppin down to save ur so called integrity if u've got any.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
sanniex6:
The election will be conducted by INEC a body whose chairman and other key officers are hand picked by the president.

And the Elections Tribunal judges were also appointed by the president. Will the opposition parties shun the tribunals too?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by BetaThings: 5:30pm On Jan 29, 2015
sanniex6:

there is no option in the election
The INEC process is constitutional with some safeguards eg experience, background and senate confirmation
Nothing stops all the interviewers from being Jonathan godsons and inlaws
Show me what you wrote in 2011 when Jonathan ran away from a debate on NN24
Now he wants one on NTA+FRCN+AIT

Let us bring Isha Seesay and strike fear in his heart!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by brainchild78(m): 5:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
spott:
I support the reasons for shunning this biased debate. BON, NTA, FRCN and AIT are all strong members of the NERD and also strongly allied to the incumbent GEJ which will end come FeBuhari14 with or without a debate.

After all Obama won the election after messing up in his own debate.
We don't want debate, we want change in Nigeria. #SaiBuhari
APC supporters along with their leader are cowards. Barack Obama did exceedingly well in his presidential debates. Hence, your defence is lame.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by lyntiffany(f): 5:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
BetaThings:

So if he was so brilliant, why did he run away in 2011 to take a D banj soft landing
He is supposed to have PhD
Did he not have it in 2011?

Look, anyone telling me that he prays that a day will come when there will be no prison in Nigeria should go and listen to a psychologist for 20 mins
Two wrongs can't make a right the more reason to tell good luck that his more clueful than he is.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by annibro(f): 5:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
CFCfan:
This would be a bad move on Buhari's part. Although the debate organizers are members of govt parastatals, the debate panel comprises seasoned journalists who have built stellar reputations over a period of time.
Buhari should have used the opportunity provided by the debate to, once and for all, CLEAR all misconceptions about him and expatiate on his manifesto.

Everything is CLEAR except for those with Cattaract

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by BetaThings: 5:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
GOGMIG:

Channels d APC station? u guys are a disgrace to Nigeria. lets face d fact he cant stand V.P Sambo in a debate, MATTERS MADE WORST by askin him to debate with GEJ. GEJ will show Nigerians d clueless one dat day so u decided to run, Grand Pa Buhari its a shame dat u've already started to disappoint Nigerians nd we are seeing d real u. cluelessness of d highest order, grand pas' memory is now empty, jst do ur self a favour by steppin down to save ur so called integrity if u've got any.
Like he did in 2011?
Why did Jonathan run away in 2011 from NN24?

Channels is owned by a South South man
Jimi Agbaje has been on their programme
Akinbode has not
Doyin Okupe shows up on Channels regularly
Lai Mohammed not so much

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by minister2015: 5:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
Let channels TV, Saharareporters, the Nation n Dailytrust organise it and I'm assuring U GMB will attend. The same useless Sola Omole n Raymond that aired defamatory documentary about GMB, but look at the bias meted out against APC.
In 2011, when the composition was ok he attended but GEJ didn't attend the debates he only had come later and debated with himself.
SAI GMB debate or no debate.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
[size=18pt]he does not want to answer questions about his oluwole certificate![/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by sanmibukunmi: 5:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
Chigold101:
which Obama messed up in anydebate? Did you even watched the two debate? Inshort Romney always fought Obama during the debate... So keep it there, dont confuse people who never watched the debate.
no mind those people that will come here and post rubbish..... ithink the only part ronmey tried was in the security section. but in economy and the rest, obama washed him....Some people on Nairaland no sabi anything and them go dey discuss politics grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by F22RAPTOR(m): 5:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
Let gej do his debate with ait and nta,buhari wil do his own with channel and tvc.while wil gej use nigerian television to propagate lies to nigerians.
frying pan to fire, you know what channels will do to him ba? remember my oga at the top...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Tonyking: 5:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
This is not fura denono forum. Issue at hand is a critical one. I think we should understand the hand written of the AP&C supporters clearly before they sink this nation of ours. Many OP's here are clueless about the economy indices. You need to be educated to understand what management is. Because it is not practice in the secondary school, that is why a school cert holder can not assume the position of a Principal. You don't assume neither gamble with family economy much more of nation economy. Please I beg of you all to rethink about the choice of AP&C. I think the AP&C have a hidden agenda by trying to bring this blatant lies to the electorates. It's unacceptable to us. The era of dark age has gone. Go to school, eh he, read your books eh he. National Open University was established to avoid TORONTO CERTIFICATE they wouldn't attend because they think the nation corridor of power is in their hands. The game has change. I suffer to train myself to be relevant because I know the worth. You have all it takes to acquire the best education on earth you could not. Here you are systematically and stylishly avoiding presidential debate. We want to here you speak to us. TELL US HOW YOU WILL STABILIZE OIL PRICE

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Shows Off His Senatorial Seat After His Victory (photo) / Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States / 36 State Governors Drag Buhari To Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.