Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,205 members, 7,822,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Question For Believers - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For Believers (8544 Views)

Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? / WEALTH: Who Did God Create Wealth For, Believers Or Unbelievers? / Question For Believers And Non Believers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question For Believers by 5minsmadness: 8:30am On Jan 30, 2015
If African traditional religion was so powerful why couldn't they withstand Christianity when it came? Why did Jesus come through a lowly maiden and not through a king's household? Why did God not just speak from the sky? These are questions the human mind will continue to ask because it is carnal/worldly and does not think as God thinks. You look around you and see that despite all the scientific advancement around us the world is crumbling instead of getting better. There are wars everywhere, immorality has increased, gays are now kissing in public, rape is the order of the day, almost every food you can eat can cause cancer. Cant you see that nature is rebelling? Cant you see the end all around you? Do you really need a college degree to figure out that the supernatural exists?

5 Likes

Re: Question For Believers by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 30, 2015
Dolemite:

He could have still used both methods, using supernatural means once in the while doesn't hinder Evangelists from moving, the book of Revelation was communicated through supernatural means, doesn't make sense to me relying on one method man: a corruptible, weak, slow, inefficient method to spread a message supposedly so important it could save lives, if you had the sure for cancer it would be wicked of you to use door to door method to spread the word, when one internet post can save MILLIONS...see what I mean?
I do. I guess God likes doing things slow n crude. Efficiency be damned. The God of GEJ cheesy
Re: Question For Believers by Mcowubaba: 8:46am On Jan 30, 2015
frank317:

You don't need to generalize for me to ask you that question.
The question emanated because of your comment.
And I will like to know what you think about it.
Remain blessed too
[quote author=frank317 post=30262603]
In continuation...... GOD is omnipotent, omniscience, ever present at all times, God still sends angels to people (i am a living witness to dat), the may not be 'wearing white robes wit feathers' do u knw wat an Angel means??, it means= Messenger simple!......the Bible clears states that GOD works tru Humans, object, infact generally HIS creation (in d bible a Donkey gave a msg to his master baalam)
Remember God sent his Son (Jesus) into the world to also spread the good news nd save us 4rm our sins, Africans by origin wia traditionalist nd who told u dat God did nt send msgs to them maybe tru vison/dreams , the White missionaries came to info them more abt Christianity, maybe Dolemite xpects the ALMIGHTY CREATOR to appear physically nd be preaching ..no no no no, HE works wonders tru HIS creation, can u stand GOD, hw many people did go PHYSICALLY APPEAR TO IN THE BIBLE=None (i may be wrong).... HE appeared in the mist of either cloud/fire/dream/vison to Moses, Abraham nd other prophets....let me use d Government as a case study..u hav GEJ as president, he has vice, senate, special adviser, personal assistants, ministers, directors, Governors, commisioners, Lga chairmen, councilors e.t.c all under him...whic r all acting as representative of the President..nd he can use any of dem to carry out any assignment, just to vest his executive powers on d person, dats y if u invite GEJ to ur village in Ibadan, d person u may see will be Dept Governor of Ebonyi state representing Gej, if ordinary GEJ (some people called him 'clueless') can do this, what more can the Author of the world, the Creator of the whole universe do??...we r HIS tool, God can use anybody believer/non believer to do anything HE wants at any point in time, HIS ways R mysterious, we can never understand it...i heard an Apc supporter telling Christians dat Buhari is GOD's choosen man 4 dem... Yeah he may be right, GOD can use anybody.. Bless u...
Ps = i am nt campaigning for BUhari/GEJ... Let the will of God be done..
Re: Question For Believers by Mcowubaba: 8:57am On Jan 30, 2015
johnydon22:

Tell me... what religion was ur parents practising and which of them did yo practise as a kid...
my parents were traditionalist but letter converted to Christianity.......

1 Like

Re: Question For Believers by Mcowubaba: 9:23am On Jan 30, 2015
johnydon22:
SMH...
my broda no need to shake ur head, u have no longer argument...repent nd be Saved...m waitin for uu....Remain blessed
Re: Question For Believers by johnydon22(m): 9:25am On Jan 30, 2015
Mcowubaba:
my parents were traditionalist but letter converted to Christianity.......
and what religion did you practise?
Re: Question For Believers by johnydon22(m): 9:29am On Jan 30, 2015
Mcowubaba:
my broda no need to shake ur head, u have no longer argument...repent nd be Saved...m waitin for uu....Remain blessed
was not even arguing with you... if i were you would know... clearly i dont think arguing with you is necessary... i asked you a simple question you cant even give a simple answer... Repent from what? saved from what?
Re: Question For Believers by Mcowubaba: 9:54am On Jan 30, 2015
johnydon22:

was not even arguing with you... if i were you would know... clearly i dont think arguing with you is necessary... i asked you a simple question you cant even give a simple answer... Repent from what? saved from what?
My broda i have answerd ur questionsad, i hav explained in details, discussed, given facts using Physics, Government, Bible.. (imagine=i combined Arts nd Science just to explain to u) i dnt knw wat u need again , i will quote wat 5minsmadnesscheesy told Dolemite= Why ask a question you
don't want the answer to? Its illogical. I can't force the truth on you, nd i hope u hav nt been blinded/harden by the Evil 1..
4get abt my past on wat Religion i practised as a child, old things have past away...I am a new creation same is applicable to u once u repent nd be Saved...
,,,,,,peace bro.....nd yes we were arguingwink...!!!....dis messages u have read today from this thread will serve as a witness to u on d Judgement day...
Thanks...
@Mcowubaba...

1 Like

Re: Question For Believers by Mcowubaba: 9:55am On Jan 30, 2015
johnydon22:

Remain blessed!!!!
Re: Question For Believers by frank317: 10:08am On Jan 30, 2015
5minsmadness:

He has answered you now, but as usual you are not satisfied with the answer. Its like asking why I chose to wear a blue shirt today instead of a red shirt. Its MY choice, I CHOSE to do it that way. You people are not looking for real answers you just come here to ridicule and its very very bad. Why ask a question you don't want the answer to? Its illogical.

Of course she accept the answer, no matter how unreasonable it sounds to her. Did u even read the point she made in her reply?
Re: Question For Believers by 5minsmadness: 10:32am On Jan 30, 2015
frank317:

Of course she accept the answer, no matter how unreasonable it sounds to her. Did u even read the point she made in her reply?
Yes I read her answer. Did you read the post of the person who answered her? What is unreasonable about it, God decided to do something the way He likes, you say no, if its not the one you like then it is unreasonable. Haba.
Re: Question For Believers by 5minsmadness: 10:58am On Jan 30, 2015
Dolemite:

He could have still used both methods, using supernatural means once in the while doesn't hinder Evangelists from moving
There is no record saying supernatural happenings did not occur when the missionaries evangelised Africa. They came in contact with a lot of danger including fetishes and witchcraft, how did they overcome it? Wasn't supernatural power needed to conquer these? Isn't it possible that ar least one miracle was wrought during evangelisations in those primitive times? Unless of course you don't believe in such things to begin with.

the book of Revelation was communicated through supernatural means, doesn't make sense to me relying on one method man
Doesn't make sense to you who cant see tomorrow but makes sense to God who sees all things from the beginning to the end. These were primitive times, there was no internet, and talking to human beings from the sky was out since the last time He tried it the people died(hence no man can look upon the face of God and live). Also there is something of a connection/ comfort between human beings when the person like you talks about an experience he is having. You will be more willing to accept than if a divine entity who doesn't know what it means to go hungry talks to you about hunger, you understand?

a corruptible, weak, slow, inefficient method to spread a message supposedly so important it could save lives, if you had the cure for cancer it would be wicked of you to use door to door method to spread the word, when one internet post can save MILLIONS...see what I mean?
Ordinary Paul and Silas came to a gentile nation to preach the gospel and after working miracles the people wanted to worship them as gods. This would have diverted them away from the message of salvation. Using supernatural methods have always thrown off the point of God's message. Even till today people flock to churches not for the salvation of their souls but for flamboyant miracles. The soul is more important to God than the flesh because the soul is immortal. The flesh isn't and will decay here.

Cc frank317

1 Like

Re: Question For Believers by frank317: 2:40pm On Jan 30, 2015
5minsmadness:

There is no record saying supernatural happenings did not occur when the missionaries evangelised Africa. They came in contact with a lot of danger including fetishes and witchcraft, how did they overcome it? Wasn't supernatural power needed to conquer these? Isn't it possible that ar least one miracle was wrought during evangelisations in those primitive times? Unless of course you don't believe in such things to begin with.
This is my problem with you guys. You admit that there is no record of supernatural occurrence when the missionaries evangelized Africa, yet you want her to accept your assumption that supernatural means was used to spread the gospel.
Isn't it obvious that supernatural accurance would awe the people and lead them to record such happening? Would they just over look it and record less mind blowing occurrence?
And if she doubt your assumption you accuse her of being unnecessarily stubborn.

Doesn't make sense to you who cant see tomorrow but makes sense to God who sees all things from the beginning to the end. These were primitive times, there was no internet, and talking to human beings from the sky was out since the last time He tried it the people died(hence no man can look upon the face of God and live). Also there is something of a connection/ comfort between human beings when the person like you talks about an experience he is having. You will be more willing to accept than if a divine entity who doesn't know what it means to go hungry talks to you about hunger, you understand?

Well like you rigthly pointed out, I am human and it does not make sense to me. Perhaps you are God. However you came to conclusion that it makes sense to God, I don't know. If it makes sense to him, does he not know it does not make sense to me? If he cares less about how it does not make sense to me, then I also care less about how it makes sense to him
Ya... Primitive times indeed and your God had to wait for humans to make internet before deciding that talking to us directly was no longer the best option. Why didn't he come up with internet since he knew that trying to talk to people directly would kill them. Primitive times seems to limit your all knowing God too.
Lol... Now humans (who dont know anything about divination) are talking to us about God, your God expect this will make more impact? Seriously? You think your God does not understand hunger because he does not get hungry? Now I understand why children in somalia are dying of hunger despite praying to him.
Tell your God its not working. He should trying another means of reaching the people (since he is good at trial and error). Actually I would suggest to your all knowing deity that talking to us directly would yield a better understanding of him.

Ordinary Paul and Silas came to a gentile nation to preach the gospel and after working miracles the people wanted to worship them as gods. This would have diverted them away from the message of salvation. Using supernatural methods have always thrown off the point of God's message. Even till today people flock to churches not for the salvation of their souls but for flamboyant miracles. The soul is more important to God than the flesh because the soul is immortal. The flesh isn't and will decay here.

Cc frank317

Now I am confused: actually you are confused; let me get you straight: are you now complaining that using humans will not work again because people would worship them as God? So why is he still using humans? What does your God expect when he choses to remain invisible.
Again am confused: actually u are confused; you claimed he would have used supernatural means to spread the gospel in Africa, why are you suggesting it would throw of point God's message?
When he used supernatural means in the bible, did it throw of point his message?
Your God seem to have created humans, only to be confused on how best to reach them band communicate smoothly with them. What's hard in reaching his people and making them to understand him and worship him the way he likes? Why is such an easy thing difficult for him?
No, instead of getting it right for once in his everlasting life, the best option for him is to spend so much effort in creating hell so the he will punish those who can't reach him.
So much for an all knowing God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question For Believers by johnydon22(m): 2:47pm On Jan 30, 2015
Mcowubaba:
My broda i have answerd ur questionsad, i hav explained in details, discussed, given facts using Physics, Government, Bible.. (imagine=i combined Arts nd Science just to explain to u) i dnt knw wat u need again , i will quote wat 5minsmadnesscheesy told Dolemite= Why ask a question you
don't want the answer to? Its illogical. I can't force the truth on you, nd i hope u hav nt been blinded/harden by the Evil 1..
4get abt my past on wat Religion i practised as a child, old things have past away...I am a new creation same is applicable to u once u repent nd be Saved...
,,,,,,peace bro.....nd yes we were arguingwink...!!!....dis messages u have read today from this thread will serve as a witness to u on d Judgement day...
Thanks...
@Mcowubaba...
lmao... question still remains Repent from what? Saved from what? grin
Re: Question For Believers by 5minsmadness: 3:53pm On Jan 30, 2015
frank317:

This is my problem with you guys. You admit that there is no record of supernatural occurrence when the missionaries evangelized Africa, yet you want her to accept your assumption that supernatural means was used to spread the gospel.
Isn't it obvious that supernatural occurrence would awe the people and lead them to record such happening? Would they just over look it and record less mind blowing occurrence?
And if she doubt your assumption you accuse her of being unnecessarily stubborn.
Calm down frank! You are doing the same thing you accused me of earlier, and that is not reading a post well before answering. Look at the post again below:

5minsmadness:
There is no record saying supernatural happenings did not occur when the missionaries evangelised Africa...
Note the negation there in bold, you are a literary genius, you should know I was trying to say that supernatural events most likely would have taken place!

Well like you rightly pointed out, I am human and it does not make sense to me. Perhaps you are God. However you came to conclusion that it makes sense to God, I don't know. If it makes sense to him, does he not know it does not make sense to me? If he cares less about how it does not make sense to me, then I also care less about how it makes sense to him
Honestly, that's your choice. If God wanted to use angels to spread the gospel he would have done so from Jerusalem, not Africa. And like i said, most people on seeing angels tend to bow down and want to worship them thus removing the glory of worship from God. That would be too much of a distraction. Your own fellow human being coming to preach to you is much better than an angel from the skies. Angel or human you have heard the gospel. What you are going to do with it is solely up to you!

Primitive times indeed and your God had to wait for humans to make internet before deciding that talking to us directly was no longer the best option. Why didn't he come up with internet since he knew that trying to talk to people directly would kill them. Primitive times seems to limit your all knowing God too.

What point are you trying to make here? God knew talking to humans directly wasn't the best option since the time of exodus, probably before then! What has the invention of the internet got to do with this discussion??

Lol... Now humans (who dont know anything about divination) are talking to us about God, your God expect this will make more impact? Seriously? You think your God does not understand hunger because he does not get hungry? Now I understand why children in somalia are dying of hunger despite praying to him.

@bolded, oh I strongly disagree sir. Humans know a lot about divination. Just because you have never seen air doesn't mean it does not exist. Just because you have never experienced anything supernatural doesn't mean it doesn't exist!
The hunger example is given for the benefit of humans, not God. If a rich man comes to you and says "I know what it means to be poor, I've been there." and a poor man comes to you and says "I know what it means to be poor" who are you more likely to believe? The poor man of course. God would rather a human like you preach the gospel to you than a deity like an angel!

Tell your God its not working. He should trying another means of reaching the people (since he is good at trial and error). Actually I would suggest to your all knowing deity that talking to us directly would yield a better understanding of him.

I strongly believe God is more interested in quality than quantity. He would rather have refined material that has gone through the fire than any tom, dick and harry. The truth is no matter what is done the gospel will not be accepted by everyone.

Now I am confused: actually you are confused; let me get you straight: are you now complaining that using humans will not work again because people would worship them as God? So why is he still using humans? What does your God expect when he choses to remain invisible.
Again am confused: actually u are confused; you claimed he would have used supernatural means to spread the gospel in Africa, why are you suggesting it would throw of point God's message?
When he used supernatural means in the bible, did it throw of point his message?
Your God seem to have created humans, only to be confused on how best to reach them band communicate smoothly with them. What's hard in reaching his people and making them to understand him and worship him the way he likes? Why is such an easy thing difficult for him?
No, instead of getting it right for once in his everlasting life, the best option for him is to spend so much effort in creating hell so the he will punish those who can't reach him.
So much for an all knowing God.

Of course you are confused because you didn't understand the post from the beginning! You are looking for who to attack instead of trying to understand the message!

There are numerous instances in the bible where a miracle worker or prophet was seen as a god or to be worshiped etc. Each time such prophets are people would be quick to point to God as the source of the glory and not them. Even Jesus Christ that worked so many miracles in the three years he spent on earth was ALONE on the cross! No army rose up from the people he healed to save him! Even his apostles ran away from him! Miracles DO NOT WORK in bringing about salvation! God wants loyal subjects not ass-kissers! He doesn't want a repitition of the heavenly rebellion! He is looking for quality not quantity.

At the last bolded on your post...it this the crux of your quarrel with God? Are you rebelling because you think if you disobey God you will go to hell? That's not the way brother. God made hell for the devil.and his angels, not for any man. It is a pity man had been tainted with sin and cannot enter heaven with it for no unclean thing shall enter that place.

Don't listen to those religious christians threatening you with hell if you don't accept the message o eternal life. Those are scare tactics and those christians are working in error! Believe rather in the love of God and His willingness to take your soul under his wings at the end of your sojourn on earth, believe that this world around you and whatever happens in it is temporary and will all come to an end. Even Death will come to an end. What we as christians should be hustling for is what comes afterwards! Don't focus on eternal damnation if not you will continue being angry. Focus on eternal life and peace instead!

2 Likes

Re: Question For Believers by frank317: 5:11pm On Jan 30, 2015
5minsmadness:

Calm down frank! You are doing the same thing you accused me of earlier, and that is not reading a post well before answering. Look at the post again below:

Note the negation there in bold, you are a literary genius, you should know I was trying to say that supernatural events most likely would have taken place!

I get you quite clearly and my point still remains. The word 'most likely' only shows you are assuming, despite accepting there was no record as such. Again isn't it obvious that supernatural occurance world be recorded or reported in some way? Yet you want us to accept ur assumption. There is no recorded of supernatural anything, so stop assuming.

Honestly, that's your choice. If God wanted to use angels to spread the gospel he would have done so from Jerusalem, not Africa. And like i said, most people on seeing angels tend to bow down and want to worship them thus removing the glory of worship from God. That would be too much of a distraction. Your own fellow human being coming to preach to you is much better than an angel from the skies. Angel or human you have heard the gospel. What you are going to do with it is solely up to you!

Isn't there a less confusing way for your God to spread his message? Of course what I do with ssomehing that makes no sense is up to me... Its seems u are assuming God to have no idea that this present method is not helping matters. I am sure he knows that not everybody accepts bullllshhhit. Of course he should know... Didn't he create us?

What point are you trying to make here? God knew talking to humans directly wasn't the best option since the time of exodus, probably before then! What has the invention of the internet got to do with this discussion??

You talked about internet not me... Read ur post below and reread my reply... @bolded specifically
5minsmadness: Doesn't make sense to you who cant see tomorrow but makes sense to God who sees all things from the beginning to the end. These were primitive times, there was no internet, and talking to human beings from the sky was out since the last time He tried it the people died(hence no man can look upon the face of God and live). Also there is something of a connection/ comfort between human beings when the person like you talks about an experience he is having. You will be more willing to accept than if a divine entity who doesn't know what it means to go hungry talks to you about hunger, you understand?

@bolded, oh I strongly disagree sir. Humans know a lot about divination. Just because you have never seen air doesn't mean it does not exist. Just because you have never experienced anything supernatural doesn't mean it doesn't exist!
The hunger example is given for the benefit of humans, not God. If a rich man comes to you and says "I know what it means to be poor, I've been there." and a poor man comes to you and says "I know what it means to be poor" who are you more likely to believe? The poor man of course. God would rather a human like you preach the gospel to you than a deity like an angel!

Ya right, just because you have never seen a man with fifty heads does not mean men with fifty heads don't exist. Just because you have never seen a blue skined man with wings does not mean blue skined men with wings don't exist.
Well to me, anything I have not seen and cannot relate with in anyway does not exist. I can feel air, I can understand air more than ur God.
What divination do humans know? Yet there is confusion here and there?
The hunger issue cannot work because it makes u humanize your God. God should know how to relate with us without all these confusion and segregation this his so called present method is bringing. Seriously, is it that hard for an all knowing God to relate with his creations with out qualms?

I strongly believe God is more interested in quality than quantity. He would rather have refined material that has gone through the fire than any tom, dick and harry. The truth is no matter what is done the gospel will not be accepted by everyone.

Well you can believe anything about your God, I am not like that. I don't make assumption except I am sure. I am not into believing without seeing, thats d difference between me and you. You can believe God is a dragon, but am not into just believing things.
And if the Gospel cannot be accepted by everyone, then what the point? Shouldn't your God have known this? What has he got lose if the gospel reaches everyone?

Of course you are confused because you didn't understand the post from the beginning! You are looking for who to attack instead of trying to understand the message!

There are numerous instances in the bible where a miracle worker or prophet was seen as a god or to be worshiped etc. Each time such prophets are people would be quick to point to God as the source of the glory and not them. Even Jesus Christ that worked so many miracles in the three years he spent on earth was ALONE on the cross! No army rose up from the people he healed to save him! Even his apostles ran away from him! Miracles DO NOT WORK in bringing about salvation! God wants loyal subjects not ass-kissers! He doesn't want a repitition of the heavenly rebellion! He is looking for quality not quantity.

He sure does not know how to get quality right from the begining. And what's his problem with quantity? Isn't he the one that created quantity? If he wanted only quality why didn't the just create just 100 people on earth who will worship him qualitatively?
Listen quality is when the whole quantity understands and worship him.

At the last bolded on your post...it this the crux of your quarrel with God? Are you rebelling because you think if you disobey God you will go to hell? That's not the way brother. God made hell for the devil.and his angels, not for any man. It is a pity man had been tainted with sin and cannot enter heaven with it for no unclean thing shall enter that place.

What's this? Its seems you love assumptions. Who cares if he throws even himself into hell. If he created the world and decides hell is the best option, that show your God is incompetent. I am just trying to prove to you how meaningless what you believe is. If you can ask me the question above.... U make me wonder if you are capable of getting into discussion with me.

Don't listen to those religious christians threatening you with hell if you don't accept the message o eternal life. Those are scare tactics and those christians are working in error! Believe rather in the love of God and His willingness to take your soul under his wings at the end of your sojourn on earth, believe that this world around you and whatever happens in it is temporary and will all come to an end. Even Death will come to an end. What we as christians should be hustling for is what comes afterwards! Don't focus on eternal damnation if not you will continue being angry. Focus on eternal life and peace instead!
[/quote]

Lol... The hell isshh is for you and your fellow confused Christians to settle not me. Its the confusion your bible and holy spirit caused. Like I told you.... I am not into bulllllshhiiit
Re: Question For Believers by 5minsmadness: 6:27pm On Jan 30, 2015
frank317:

I get you quite clearly and my point still remains. The word 'most likely' only shows you are assuming, despite accepting there was no record as such. Again isn't it obvious that supernatural occurance world be recorded or reported in some way? Yet you want us to accept ur assumption. There is no recorded of supernatural anything, so stop assuming.

Isn't there a less confusing way for your God to spread his message? Of course what I do with ssomehing that makes no sense is up to me... Its seems u are assuming God to have no idea that this present method is not helping matters. I am sure he knows that not everybody accepts bullllshhhit. Of course he should know... Didn't he create us?

You talked about internet not me... Read ur post below and reread my reply... @bolded specifically

Ya right, just because you have never seen a man with fifty heads does not mean men with fifty heads don't exist. Just because you have never seen a blue skined man with wings does not mean blue skined men with wings don't exist.
Well to me, anything I have not seen and cannot relate with in anyway does not exist. I can feel air, I can understand air more than ur God.
What divination do humans know? Yet there is confusion here and there?
The hunger issue cannot work because it makes u humanize your God. God should know how to relate with us without all these confusion and segregation this his so called present method is bringing. Seriously, is it that hard for an all knowing God to relate with his creations with out qualms?

Well you can believe anything about your God, I am not like that. I don't make assumption except I am sure. I am not into believing without seeing, thats d difference between me and you. You can believe God is a dragon, but am not into just believing things.
And if the Gospel cannot be accepted by everyone, then what the point? Shouldn't your God have known this? What has he got lose if the gospel reaches everyone?

He sure does not know how to get quality right from the begining. And what's his problem with quantity? Isn't he the one that created quantity? If he wanted only quality why didn't the just create just 100 people on earth who will worship him qualitatively?
Listen quality is when the whole quantity understands and worship him.

What's this? Its seems you love assumptions. Who cares if he throws even himself into hell. If he created the world and decides hell is the best option, that show your God is incompetent. I am just trying to prove to you how meaningless what you believe is. If you can ask me the question above.... U make me wonder if you are capable of getting into discussion with me.

Lol... The hell isshh is for you and your fellow confused Christians to settle not me. Its the confusion your bible and holy spirit caused. Like I told you.... I am not into bulllllshhiiit
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Question For Believers by Dolemite(f): 7:39pm On Jan 30, 2015
5minsmadness:
If African traditional religion was so powerful why couldn't they withstand Christianity when it came?
It had nothing to do with Christianity, technological prowess had a lot to do with it, how come Christianity can't penetrate Buddhism when the British entered China? The Chinese were more technologically advanced and strong!

3 Likes

Re: Question For Believers by frank317: 8:45pm On Jan 30, 2015
5minsmadness:

Ok

Lol... Nice learning nothing from u bro... As usual, u can see that this whole Christianity and religious stuff makes no sense when critically analized(something u guys are afraid of doing).
U just chose to believe no matter how unreasonable u sound. Not every body believes thrash.
Re: Question For Believers by 5minsmadness: 8:47pm On Jan 30, 2015
frank317:

Lol... Nice learning nothing u bro... As usual, u can see that this whole Christianity and religious stuff makes no sense when critically analized(something u guys are afraid of doing).
U just chose to believe no matter how unreasonable u sound. Not every body believes thrash.
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Question For Believers by UyiIredia(m): 9:34pm On Jan 30, 2015
Dolemite:
I just finished reading Things fall apart (great book) and I just thought to myself, If God really does exists, why did he not reveal himself without the use to Caucasian evangelists, I mean why didn't the white people come to Africa to find 'savages' locals worshiping Jesus, why didn't God send angels to spread his word? Why didn't Okonkwo Ebubedike experience the burning bush telling him about Yahwe and his mighty powers, same goes for Muslims, without Arabs seems like Allah is powerless, same with God, it makes no sense that it has NEVER been recorded that locals experienced Christianity years before a white man stepped into their land.

The locals and evangelists had one thing in common: they believed in a God. They mostly differed in matters of how to worship him. Also while Christianity wasn't recorded, the concept of sacrificial death which is a centrapoint in Christianity was widespread and known to our ancestors.
Re: Question For Believers by frank317: 8:29am On Jan 31, 2015
UyiIredia:

The locals and evangelists had one thing in common: they believed in a God. They mostly differed in matters of how to worship him. Also while Christianity wasn't recorded, the concept of sacrificial death which is a centrapoint in Christianity was widespread and known to our ancestors.

Pls if I may ask, what sacrificial death was known to our ancestors?
Christ's?
When did they know, before or after the coming of the white man?
Re: Question For Believers by menesheh(m): 8:47am On Jan 31, 2015
Mcowubaba:
Repent from condemnation, be Saved from the sins of the world, Blessed R those who have not seen but yet believed, U can never ever 'understand GOD' if u do, HE is no more GOD, only wat HE choses to reveal to you is what you will knw, those Ancient words R pure nd True nd yes the r Beyond 'normal' human science, logic nd understanding, whic is nt needed in Christianity, in Christianity we R xpected to serve God in Spirit, Truth nd Honesty wen u do this, the ancient words=BIBLE, will mak more meaning to u, without this u may neva ever understand the Bible, it will all look like a 'fairy tale' Everybody can read the Bible nd intepret it to suite anything the want, but the Bible has only 1 message of Truth without (in lay mans term)= 'subscription' u will nt knw the truth, how do u then subscrib= repent and Accept Jesus Christ as ur personal Lord nd saviour
nd nt only my Brain but my whole body is intact cheesy...God bless u bro...CHANGE=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FiHRVb_uE0

Map out time and watch this video and reason on ur own since i noticed u are reasonable and intelligent.
If u still care search pdf file on Google "the Gods Delusion by richard dawkins" read and reason, no body is forcing u to leave ur religious believe
Re: Question For Believers by DWJOBScom(m): 11:21am On Jan 31, 2015
BoboYekini:
I do. I guess God likes doing things slow n crude. Efficiency be damned. The God of GEJ cheesy

Am glad he died for you.....
He kept thinking about you on the cross and right now your salvation is closer.........
Yes God did appear to some people - Saul(Paul) , 2 men(after his crucifixion) - they didn't even know he was the one - he makes himself available if you desire him
Make your life available to God , seek him and you will find him.....

1 Like

Re: Question For Believers by Mcowubaba: 2:36pm On Jan 31, 2015
menesheh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FiHRVb_uE0

Map out time and watch this video and reason on ur own since i noticed u are reasonable and intelligent.
If u still care search pdf file on Google "the Gods Delusion by richard dawkins" read and reason, no body is forcing u to leave ur religious believe
ok sir i will do dat nd get back to u..
Re: Question For Believers by Dolemite(f): 3:59pm On Jan 31, 2015
DWJOBScom:

Am glad he died for you.....

I never really understood that and I am sure you don't understand it either, what did God/Jesus whoever really die for? he's supposed to be God, all powerful, he could've wiped sin off and made earth paradise even from the beginning of time, he is omniscient meaning he knows all, so God knew man would sin but made him anyway and became angry! it's like watching a movie twice and knowing the end of the film is tragic, the whole thing seems like a terrible game show when you really really think about it. Thank GOD I'm an atheist joor! grin
Re: Question For Believers by johnydon22(m): 4:12pm On Jan 31, 2015
Dolemite:

I never really understood that and I am sure you don't understand it either, what did God/Jesus whoever really die for? he's supposed to be God, all powerful, he could've wiped sin off and made earth paradise even from the beginning of time, he is omniscient meaning he knows all, so God knew man would sin but made him anyway and became angry! it's like watching a movie twice and knowing the end of the film is tragic, the whole thing seems like a terrible game show when you really really think about it. Thank GOD I'm an atheist joor! grin
hahahahahahaha i think they are going to misunderstand that irony

1 Like

Re: Question For Believers by DWJOBScom(m): 4:42pm On Jan 31, 2015
Dolemite:

Am so glad God's way are not our way
And he warned us thru his word that knowledge of him will be foolishness to some people.....
I know some miracles you've had or enjoyed have been chances or luck - I honestly wish I could trade more
Re: Question For Believers by frank317: 5:21pm On Jan 31, 2015
DWJOBScom:

Am so glad God's way are not our way
And he warned us thru his that knowledge of him will be foolishness to some people.....
I know some miracles you've had or enjoyed have been chances or luck - I honestly wish I could trade more

You obviously don't know what to say, do u?
Re: Question For Believers by DWJOBScom(m): 5:43pm On Jan 31, 2015
frank317:

You obviously don't know what to say, do u?

It's obvious I can only trust God for you and not engage in an unending flip with you

You've made up your mind and if you were willing to talk freely I would've known
Re: Question For Believers by frank317: 5:56pm On Jan 31, 2015
DWJOBScom:

It's obvious I can only trust God for you and not engage in an unending flip with you

You've made up your mind and if you were willing to talk freely I would've known

OK... But you should have known this since.
Re: Question For Believers by DWJOBScom(m): 6:09pm On Jan 31, 2015
frank317:

OK... But you should have known this since.

Peace and God bless brother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How The Enemy Makes You Reject The Finished Work Of Jesus Christ On The Cross / On The Jews And Their Lies (Martin Luther's blunder) / Demonic And Occult Symbols To Watch Out For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.