Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Prisoners - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prisoners (3649 Views)

Jailed Pastor Released With Other Prisoners / Jailed Pastor Released With Other Prisoners / How We Lived Like Prisoners Under El-zakzaky, Shiite Boys – Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prisoners by Joshthefirst(m): 4:43pm On Jan 29, 2015
The bible clearly states that we're all sinners because Adam sinned The reason you sin is because you're a sinner, not the other way round. You're in a prison of condemnation, and you're trapped in that prison, irrespective of what you do. So irrespective of what we do, we're all damned to die, because of Adams sin. One mans offence condemned his offspring: humanity.

Is that fair?

Romans 5:12 KJV

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned
Romans 5:17 KJV

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one;

Tags: plaetton, davien, anyone who wants to join in.

[size=5pt]The purpose of this thread is to explain salvation[/size]

1 Like

Re: Prisoners by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
But the bible gave a way out right?? Something about believing/confessing the lordship of jesus right??
So since there is a solution, whatelse do you want??
Re: Prisoners by plaetton: 6:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
Joshthefirst:
The bible clearly states that we're all sinners because Adam sinned The reason you sin is because you're a sinner, not the other way round. You're in a prison of condemnation, and you're trapped in that prison, irrespective of what you do. So irrespective of what we do, we're all damned to die, because of Adams sin. One mans offence condemned his offspring: humanity.

Is that fair?
[color=#990000:]Romans 5:12 KJV
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned
Romans 5:17 KJV
For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; [/color]
Tags: plaetton, davien, anyone who wants to join in.

[size=5pt]The purpose of this thread is to explain salvation[/size]

I wish I could find words to describe this other than moronic and schizophrenic.

Schizophrenia.
It's hard decide which begets the other,. the deity or the worshipper.

4 Likes

Re: Prisoners by Rilwayne001: 8:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
Eze 18:20 The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him.

2 Likes

Re: Prisoners by Joshthefirst(m): 9:04pm On Jan 29, 2015
plaetton:

I wish I could find words to describe this other than moronic and schizophrenic.

Schizophrenia.
It's hard decide which begets the other,. the deity or the worshipper.
how is this an answer to my question?
Re: Prisoners by plaetton: 9:56pm On Jan 29, 2015
[quote authoralso Joshthefirst post=30253872]how is this an answer to my question?[/quote]

Why don't you reply to rilwayne001?
Ya.
Eze 18:20 is also in your silly bible. Is it not. ?
Let us see you counter that passage.
Re: Prisoners by plaetton: 10:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
Joshthefirst:
how is this an answer to my question?

Like I've always said, every mind creates it's own god in it's own image.

Therefore, ye shall know them by their gods. grin

A morally schizophrenic person will undoubtedly create a morally schizophrenic god.

2 Likes

Re: Prisoners by malvisguy212: 10:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Eze 18:20 The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him.
if you start from verse 1, you will understand everything;

Eze 18:1-4).
The righteous lives through his
righteousness ( Eze 18:5-9), but cannot
save his wicked son thereby (Eze
18:10-13); whilst the son who avoids the
sins and wickedness of his father, will
live through his own righteousness ( Eze
18:14-20). The man who repents and
avoids sin is not even charged with his
own sin; and, on the other hand, the
man who forsakes the way of
righteousness, and gives himself up to
unrighteousness, will not be protected
from death even by his own former
righteousness (Eze 18:21-29). Thus will
God judge every man according to his
way; and it is only by repentance that
Israel itself can live ( Eze 18:30-32).

The bible is clear,the death of Jesus is a redemption to mankind, but the sin we committ is an actual sin that everyone will pay for his sin,it is because of our lack of righteousness that Christ died for us, when you accept jesus,his righteousness will be imputed in us, bible say he became a sinner so that we will be sinless.
Romans 2:6
God "will repay each person according to what they have done."
Re: Prisoners by Rilwayne001: 10:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
malvisguy212:
if you start from verse 1, you will understand everything;

Eze 18:1-4).
The righteous lives through his
righteousness ( Eze 18:5-9), but cannot
save his wicked son thereby (Eze
18:10-13); whilst the son who avoids the
sins and wickedness of his father, will
live through his own righteousness ( Eze
18:14-20). The man who repents and
avoids sin is not even charged with his
own sin; and, on the other hand, the
man who forsakes the way of
righteousness, and gives himself up to
unrighteousness, will not be protected
from death even by his own former
righteousness (Eze 18:21-29). Thus will
God judge every man according to his
way; and it is only by repentance that
Israel itself can live ( Eze 18:30-32).

The bible is clear,the death of Jesus is a redemption to mankind, but the sin we committ is an actual sin that everyone will pay for his sin,it is because of our lack of righteousness that Christ died for us, when you accept jesus,his righteousness will be imputed in us, bible say he became a sinner so that we will be sinless.
Romans 2:6
God "will repay each person according to what they have done."

I did'nt quote you sir.

You are one of those retards on this board.... I owe you no argument...so please swerve undecided
Re: Prisoners by malvisguy212: 10:59pm On Jan 29, 2015
Rilwayne001:

I did'nt quote you sir.

You are one of those retards on this board.... I owe you no argument...so please swerve undecided
if you misquote the word of God, I will used my two edged sword to chase you like a demon.

2 Likes

Re: Prisoners by davien(m): 11:43pm On Jan 29, 2015
joshthefirst I respect the passion you have for your faith but in plain truth....what would you call a society that imprisons a criminals generation' for a finite crime?....
Is the word "tyrannical" coming to mind?
Re: Prisoners by johnydon22(m): 11:59pm On Jan 29, 2015
Lets get this straight "Adam and eve had not the slightest incline of what is good or bad which means they definitely didn't know disobeying yahweh is a sin, so now yahweh punished them for their ignorance which he created into them and now bears the grudge till this generation, branding even innocent baby's sinners because some dude and his wife ate an apple"
I dont know about you, you might believe sin is ur nature and ur humanity is ur enemy, you might believe you were born in sin and inherited some guy's sin (eating an apple) because an ancient mythical jewish book said so, that is ur own cup of tea.
For me i know human nature is moral not sin, i know my humanity is beautiful and i was born in pleasure by two consenting adults and didnt inherit anybody's sin (mythical tho) ....

5 Likes

Re: Prisoners by malvisguy212: 12:42am On Jan 30, 2015
johnydon22:
Lets get this straight "Adam and eve had not the slightest incline of what is good or bad which means they definitely didn't know disobeying yahweh is a sin, so now yahweh punished them for their ignorance which he created into them and now bears the grudge till this generation, branding even innocent baby's sinners because some dude and his wife ate an apple"
I dont know about you, you might believe sin is ur nature and ur humanity is ur enemy, you might believe you were born in sin and inherited some guy's sin (eating an apple) because an ancient mythical jewish book said so, that is ur own cup of tea.
For me i know human nature is moral not sin, i know my humanity is beautiful and i was born in pleasure by two consenting adults and didnt inherit anybody's sin (mythical tho) ....
honestly,you speak like satan'satanic manipulation'

Before satan even tempt eve, she know eating from the tree is a disobedient to God, why did satan trick eve? If eve had no slightest idea of good and evil, then no need for satan to trick her.
Re: Prisoners by johnydon22(m): 12:47am On Jan 30, 2015
malvisguy212:

Before satan even tempt eve, she know eating from the tree is a disobedient to God, why did satan trick eve? If eve had no slightest idea of good and evil, then no need for satan to trick her.
lolzzz i speak like i am being manipulated by your myth..funny...

Wait a minute "Was it the devil or the talking snake that deceived eve??
How did she know disobedient was bad when she have not eaten from the tree of knowledge?
If she already had an idea of good and evil then what is the essence of eating the fruit ?
Hahahahahahahahahahaha i really love ur emotionally ladened speeches always!!!

2 Likes

Re: Prisoners by malvisguy212: 12:56am On Jan 30, 2015
johnydon22:

lolzzz i speak like i am being manipulated by your myth..funny...

Wait a minute "Was it the devil or the talking snake that deceived eve??
How did she know disobedient was bad when she have not eaten from the tree of knowledge?
If she already had an idea of good and evil then what is the essence of eating the fruit ?
Hahahahahahahahahahaha i really love ur emotionally ladened speeches always!!!
“Did God actually
say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the
garden’?” And the woman said to the
serpent, “We may eat of the fruit of the
trees in the garden, but God said, ‘You
shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is
in the midst of the garden, neither shall
you touch it, lest you DIE.’” But the
serpent said to the woman, “You will not
surely die. For God knows that when you
eat of it your eyes will be opened, and
you will be like God, knowing good and
evil.” (Genesis 3:1-5 ESV).

She know eating from the tree will be a caused i.e died, but satan trick her, will you stress your self and trick someone who has no knowledge? Satan say "did God said" this is an attempt to lied against God.
Re: Prisoners by gatiano(m): 4:15am On Jan 30, 2015
Nice question yet again, simply because that is not the solution. That is why the devils can go around murdering people, raping and pillaging, so on their dead bed, they can proclaim Jesus and in their minds they would dance into heaven. Can GOD be fooled?

DDeliverer:
But the bible gave a way out right?? Something about believing/confessing the lordship of jesus right??
Re: Prisoners by johnydon22(m): 7:50am On Jan 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
“Did God actually
say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the
garden’?” And the woman said to the
serpent, “We may eat of the fruit of the
trees in the garden, but God said, ‘You
shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is
in the midst of the garden, neither shall
you touch it, lest you DIE.’” But the
serpent said to the woman, “You will not
surely die. For God knows that when you
eat of it your eyes will be opened, and
you will be like God, knowing good and
evil.” (Genesis 3:1-5 ESV).

She know eating from the tree will be a caused i.e died, but satan trick her, will you stress your self and trick someone who has no knowledge? Satan say "did God said" this is an attempt to lied against God.
Answer the question; Was it the snake or the satan..if it was satan why then was the snake punished?... and from this your passage the woman never knew it was evil to eat the fruit she only thought she would die. she had no knowledge of good and evil not even knowing she was naked... now why bear this grudge from adam and eve down to this ur own generation, holding everybody responsible for a sin committed by two people out of IGNORANCE ??
Ok am done arguing over jewish mythology with you... you are from a tribe in Nigeria and every people have their own creation story. "can you please tell me that of your tribe?"

2 Likes

Re: Prisoners by malvisguy212: 8:21am On Jan 30, 2015
johnydon22:

Answer the question; Was it the snake or the satan..if it was satan why then was the snake punished?... and from this your passage the woman never knew it was evil to eat the fruit she only thought she would die. she had no knowledge of good and evil not even knowing she was naked... now why bear this grudge from adam and eve down to this ur own generation, holding everybody responsible for a sin committed by two people out of IGNORANCE ??
Ok am done arguing over jewish mythology with you... you are from a tribe in Nigeria and every people have their own creation story. "can you please tell me that of your tribe?"
you just want to derailed the topic, but I would answer you.

Can human see a spiritual being? Is it not until he possessed a flesh?just as God possessed a flesh and dwell among us, that how satan possessed the serpent.

1 Like

Re: Prisoners by johnydon22(m): 9:26am On Jan 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
you just want to derailed the topic, but I would answer you.

Can human see a spiritual being? Is it not until he possessed a flesh?just as God possessed a flesh and dwell among us, that how satan possessed the serpent.
lolzzz satan possessed the snake and the snake was punished is that it?
Re: Prisoners by malvisguy212: 10:08am On Jan 30, 2015
johnydon22:

I remember, on one thread, you agreed with the pagan that animals has soul,you guys even went further and claimed animal feel guilt in them, so my points is ; if satan deceive man, why do we have to pay for our sin instead of satan?as long as animal feel guilt and have soul,they are no different from human(according to pagan)
Re: Prisoners by malvisguy212: 10:09am On Jan 30, 2015
johnydon22:

I remember, on one thread, you agreed with the pagan that animals has soul,you guys even went further and claimed animal feel guilt in them, so my points is ; if satan deceive man, why do we have to pay for our sin instead of satan?as long as animal feel guilt and have soul,they are no different from human(according to pagan) visit here for the answer you seek https://answersingenesis.org/genesis/garden-of-eden/what-about-the-snake-in-the-garden-of-eden/
Re: Prisoners by Rilwayne001: 11:08am On Jan 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
[s] if you misquote the word of God, I will used my two edged sword to chase you like a demon [/s] .
lol

You know the OP is far more reasonable than you, so I will prefer to discuss with him than having a discussion with a stiffnecked featherhead liie you.
Re: Prisoners by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 30, 2015
DDeliverer:

How could jesus be a solution, the dude was nailed to the cross,wasn't he? Claiming he is the scarifies is none sense! Well yes he was only an example of punishment to whoever went against the Roman Empire. The only way to free yourself is to stop buying into religious beliefs.
Re: Prisoners by malvisguy212: 12:26pm On Jan 30, 2015
Rilwayne001:

lol

You know the OP is far more reasonable than you, so I will prefer to discuss with him than having a discussion with a stiffnecked featherhead liie you.
ok, the op is reasonable than me. falsified my post that exposed your lies.
Re: Prisoners by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 30, 2015
ifeness:

How could jesus be a solution, the dude was nailed to the cross,wasn't he? Claiming he is the scarifies is none sense! Well yes he was only an example of punishment to whoever went against the Roman Empire. The only way to free yourself is to stop buying into religious beliefs.

But I thought they said he resurrected and then ascended into heaven and he is seated at the right hand of God..
Are you saying christians are in bondage?
Re: Prisoners by plaetton: 2:02pm On Jan 30, 2015
malvisguy212:

So why is eve and her human generations being eternally punished simply for just being a victim of Satan's 419?

Since the alleged crime was great, why wasn't satan quickly rounded up and executed to prevent him from doing more harm?

And yet, blokes like you continue to tell us that this same god is love. Where is the love?

My advice to you guys.
Treat yourself of your moral schizophrenia first, and then seek to create a better sensible god.

2 Likes

Re: Prisoners by johnydon22(m): 2:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
I remember, on one thread, you agreed with the pagan that animals has soul,you guys even went further and claimed animal feel guilt in them, so my points is ; if satan deceive man, why do we have to pay for our sin instead of satan? as long as animal feel guilt and have soul,they are no different from human(according to pagan) visit here for the answer you seek https://answersingenesis.org/genesis/garden-of-eden/what-about-the-snake-in-the-garden-of-eden/
Cant you just quote the monikar where i said animals have souls here?...habaa honestly must you guys lie? .... their is a basic morality in every animal which is driven by empathy.
Just check the type of confused you are; Seriously? I can never argue with you again, Just take all the time you need and think about all you wrote.
This ur god created ur satan and allowed him deceive man even tho he already knew, then gets angry at man and is still holding men responsible down to this generation... mehn this una jewish god lacks the very basics of morality....Ur bible never mentioned the devil possessed the snake in genesis, it just said the snake was the most cunning of all animals, but you all are assuming that somehow the devil possessed it...
U havent even answered the question... Was it the devil or the talking snake (hahahahaha...talking snake) grin
Re: Prisoners by johnydon22(m): 2:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
I remember, on one thread, you agreed with the pagan that animals has soul,you guys even went further and claimed animal feel guilt in them, so my points is ; if satan deceive man, why do we have to pay for our sin instead of satan?as long as animal feel guilt and have soul,they are no different from human(according to pagan)
quote the monika let me see... nawa oooo
Re: Prisoners by malvisguy212: 3:08pm On Jan 30, 2015
plaetton:

So why is eve and her human generations being eternally punished simply for just being a victim of Satan's 419?

Since the alleged crime was great, why wasn't satan quickly rounded up and executed to prevent him from doing more harm?

And yet, blokes like you continue to tell us that this same god is love. Where is the love?

My advice to you guys.
Treat yourself of your moral schizophrenia first, and then seek to create a better sensible god.
you see Mr atheist, if you read from the beginning of genesis you will know why all this happened,A God spend 13billion years to design this universe for man to dwell in will not ignore a single sin, adam walk and talk with God, they have a father and son relationship,why? Because adam was created with the image of God so this make him Godly, but when adam sin, he lost everything, and the relationship he had with God ended, why? Because God is to holy to beholds sin, bible say our righteousness is as filthy as rags.

Satan is a spirit,have you ever read'spirit died'? Satan is in hell, and in hell there will be no death.
Re: Prisoners by malvisguy212: 3:10pm On Jan 30, 2015
johnydon22:

Cant you just quote the monikar where i said animals have souls here?...habaa honestly must you guys lie? .... their is a basic morality in every animal which is driven by empathy.
Just check the type of confused you are; Seriously? I can never argue with you again, Just take all the time you need and think about all you wrote.
This ur god created ur satan and allowed him deceive man even tho he already knew, then gets angry at man and is still holding men responsible down to this generation... mehn this una jewish god lacks the very basics of morality....Ur bible never mentioned the devil possessed the snake in genesis, it just said the snake was the most cunning of all animals, but you all are assuming that somehow the devil possessed it...
U havent even answered the question... Was it the devil or the talking snake (hahahahaha...talking snake) grin
macof open the thread.
Re: Prisoners by johnydon22(m): 3:38pm On Jan 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
macof open the thread.
my dear bro... please lets forget all this, am not the type that like pushing things further..
How are you?
Re: Prisoners by plaetton: 4:24pm On Jan 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
you see Mr atheist, if you read from the beginning of genesis you will know why all this happened,A God spend 13billion years to design this universe for man to dwell in will not ignore a single sin, adam walk and talk with God, they have a father and son relationship,why? Because adam was created with the image of God so this make him Godly, but when adam sin, he lost everything, and the relationship he had with God ended, why? Because God is to holy to beholds sin, bible say our righteousness is as filthy as rags.

Satan is a spirit,have you ever read'spirit died'? Satan is in hell, and in hell there will be no death.

Bullshyte.
Satan is now spirit. Yesterday he was a talking snake.
And if satan is now in hell, why is he freely tormenting Christians today?

You, sir, are sooo confused.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

General Election Shows That ALLAH Is Greater Than Xtian Gods / Sheikh Anbal: "Use The Hand Of A Girl Child Slave If You Want To Masturbate" / 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.