Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters (45282 Views)

"Buhari's Refusal To Sign Budget Based On Integrity & Sincerity" -- Ndume. / PR Expert Faults Buhari’s Refusal To Shake Hand With Female Ministers - Vanguard / Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Mogidi: 6:13am On Jan 30, 2015
The refusal by the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, to participate in the proposed presidential debate organised by the Nigeria Electoral Debate Group (NEDG), has been described as not only an act of cowardice to his supporters across the country but an indication of his shallow mindedness about the ideals of statecraft.

According to Comrade Oluwasanmi Solomon of the Arise Africa Youth Coalition, Buhari’s non participation in the debate showed that he was scared to expose his ineptitude and a huge disappointment to his teeming supporters which will lower their morale particularly on the numerous controversies surrounding his academic qualification. He said, it was only proper that the former Head of State gave the electorates an opportunity to dig into his intellectual capacity which is more important than the face saving public relations being carried out by his image laundering team.

He alleged that it was rather unfortunate that the APC Presidential candidate who has been accused of not possessing the required academic qualification to contest the elections will shy away from the only opportunity to prove his detractors wrong.

Speaking to newsmen in Abuja, Comr. Oluwasanmi who stated that the people were the most important ingredient in a democracy, advised Buhari to go back to his handlers to understudy the tenets of democracy.

“Democracy the world over is anchored on openness and accountability, which is totally different from military government, as such an aspiring leader who cannot confront the masses to outline his blueprint on developing the nation’s economy; respond to questions that will better the lot of the people cannot not be given the mandate to preside over the commonwealth of the nation.”

“It is rather unfortunate that the General is yet to understand how democracy works. This system is about the people, and the peoples’ decision should be paramount. The people have asked for a debate, Buhari should oblige them to show how people-oriented he will be as president”. He said.

The civil rights activist further berated the APC for supporting their candidate in his refusal to participate in the debate. He noted that the change longed for, was one that will carry the people along and not a change that will be anchored on a cabal or person.

While challenging the party, Oluwasanmi called on the APC to prove their popular claim of being a body of intellectuals by coming out to face Jonathan during the debate, saying the debate will not only put paid to Buhari’s certificate saga but also expose his intellectual capability.
http://leadership.ng/news/407341/buhari-refusal-participate-debate-shocks-supporters

I did warn egift when he was embarking on his failed propaganda that except the debate was held using Hausa language we won't see Buhari, vindicated again. The 2011 debate was a circus, this is the real deal.

155 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Mogidi: 6:13am On Jan 30, 2015
One would have expected Buhari to come and explain his certificate palava, seems APC can't risk putting Buhari under scrutiny.

GEJ even agreed Buhari could bring a translator, but no, Buhari was told by his leash holders not to risk a debate with GEJ.

If you can't debate and make your case with 4 presidential contenders, how could you debate Nigeria's corner in a meeting of Ecowas, the AU or the UN?

Click on this link to see why he's running away from the debate..
https://www.nairaland.com/2120849/why-buhari-absconded-debate-jonathan#30262028

181 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Mogidi: 6:14am On Jan 30, 2015
Buhari can send one of his 150 cows to represent him, am sure most of his cows would say something more intelligent than the olodo man himself.

140 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by SeverusSnape(m): 6:14am On Jan 30, 2015
They've not seen anything yet... anyway there is light at the end of the tunnel because....

BBC HAUSA tongue is going to organise the coming debate.

Jonathan will get an interpreter in that case. cheesy

Buhari is very very fluent in Hausa and Fulfulde (fulani language)

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Nobody: 6:17am On Jan 30, 2015
No we were not shocked by the decision of Buhari to boycott the fake debate. We were actually hoping for the boycott which we (his supporters) appreciate he made that decison. Why should we trust NTA/AIT and their fellow sellouts to conduct a fair debate? This is the same NTA and AIT in conjunction with their unprofessional lot in the media broadcast a propaganda documentary about the amiable General.

We were not shocked at all.

Here is Buhari debate of 2011 that Jonathan didn't show up for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsRhP4eRFSU

223 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 30, 2015
I am a Buhari supporter...the decision by APC not to participate in a PDP mouth organ debate did not come to me as a surprise but rather a welcome development....

It's is the PDP supporters that want to make political capital out of it....

142 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Nobody: 6:19am On Jan 30, 2015
ilugunboy:
I am a Buhari supporter...the decision by APC not to participate in a PDP mouth organ debate did not come to me as a surprise rather a welcome development....

In fact, we look forward to a debate organized by Channels.

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Arysexy(m): 6:23am On Jan 30, 2015
[s]
sincerenigerian:
No we were not shocked by the decision of Buhari to boycott the fake debate. We were actually hoping for the boycott which we (his supporters) appreciate he made that decison. Why should we trust NTA/AIT and their fellow sellouts to conduct a fair debate? This is the same NTA and AIT in conjunction with their unprofessional lot in the media broadcast a propaganda documentary about the amiable General.

[/s]

Why not ask thiefnubuu's TVC to organise their own debate.

The old cargo can't debate QED.

He will expose his illiteracy level and memory loss to d public.

I suggest they allow him debate in hausa.

No be today buhari begin run from public speech making. Remember oputa panel? He did not honour d invitation.

98 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by eaglechild: 6:24am On Jan 30, 2015
Buhari has nothing to offer.

He will not be able to make a correct sentence, hence his running away from the catastrophic disgrace that would have befallen him.

We still have the bitter taste of the Channels interview in our mouths.

This is what you get when you push an illiterate to become your flag bearer.

He bails at any challenge that requires the use of intellect.

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by uboma(m): 6:25am On Jan 30, 2015
sincerenigerian:

Always giving lame excuses for GMB. His withdrawal from the debate simply shows that he hasn't drawn up a plan of how he plans to govern the country if he wins the election which is now very unlikely anyway since his ratings will surely drop following this recent development.

And who knows, he could be avoiding something, a major flaw on his side. He has just shown that he lacks the intellect to engage in the debate.

APC fielded the very wrong man, I must say. I also desire change, really I do but from the two major contenders at the moment, my vote will go for GEJ. He is a better candidate to GMB.

97 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Nobody: 6:25am On Jan 30, 2015
Arysexy:
[s][/s]
[s]
Why not ask thiefnubuu's TVC to organise their own debate.

The old cargo can't debate QED.

He will expose his illiteracy level and memory loss to d public.

I suggest they allow him debate in hausa.

No be today buhari begin run from public speech making. Remember oputa panel? He did not honour his invitation. [/s]

Trash.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Nobody: 6:26am On Jan 30, 2015
[s]
uboma:

Always giving lame excuses for GMB. His withdrawal from the debate simply shows that he hasn't drawn up a plan of how he plans to govern the country if he wins the election which is now very unlikely anyway since his ratings will surely drop following this recent development.

And who knows, he could be avoiding something, a major flaw on his side. He has just shown that he lacks the intellect to engage in the debate.

APC fielded the very wrong man, I must say. I also desire change, really I do but from the two major contenders at the moment, my vote will go for GEJ. He is a better candidate to GMB.
[/s]

Trash!

We look forward to a debate organized by independent body.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Nobody: 6:27am On Jan 30, 2015
[s]
eaglechild:
Buhari has nothing to offer.

He will not be able to make a correct sentence, hence his running away from the catastrophic disgrace that would have befallen him.

We still have the bitter taste of the Channels interview in our mouths.

This is what you get when you push an illiterate to become your flag bearer.

He bails at any challenge that requires the use of intellect.
[/s]

Trash.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Arysexy(m): 6:27am On Jan 30, 2015
[s]
sincerenigerian:

Trash.
[/s]

Typical of buhari supporters.

Empty and always resort to insult as an escape route.

104 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by buskie13(m): 6:28am On Jan 30, 2015
sometimes.... i wonder if we Nigerians really do have conscience...

Buhari dat can't spell his own name should go on national TV to debate

For what if i may ask?

To tell Nigerians how he'll feed his 150 cows .?

c'mon...he should first of all tender his certificate b4 any debate... cos we all know he can't stand the amiable presido....

GEJ till Buhari fills his gap tooth n pronounce English words correctly...

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Nobody: 6:29am On Jan 30, 2015
[s]
Arysexy:

Typical of buhari supporters.

Empty and always resort to insult as an escape route.
[/s]
Nonsense.

17 Likes

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by GBTYO: 6:30am On Jan 30, 2015
Buhari is notorious in bycoting public panels.

This is no surprise.

He boycotted Shagari's probe panel in 1980 set up to investigate missing $4billion.

He boycotted the Justice Oputa panel which was set up to look into human rights violation during the military era.

He also boycotted the PTF probe panel set up by Obasanjo in 1999.

Any forum that will expose him as a fraud, despot and illiterate that he is, Buhari avoids like the plague.

96 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Nobody: 6:30am On Jan 30, 2015
[s]
buskie13:
sometimes.... i wonder if we Nigerians really do have conscience...

Buhari dat can't spell his own name should go on national TV to debate

For what if i may ask?

To tell Nigerians how he'll feed his 150 cows .?

c'mon...he should first of all tender his certificate b4 any debate... cos we all know he can't stand the amiable presido....

GEJ till Buhari fills his gap n pronounce English words correctly...
[/s]

Go and watch his debate performance of 2011 on youtube. The same debate Jonathan didn't show up for.

39 Likes

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by PapiWata: 6:30am On Jan 30, 2015
Ha ha ha ha Pellow Kwantiri-man, why yan no like am talk fwa Enlgis now, Bokko Hari ? Abi yan no sabi talk am froper Englis ?

Seriously though, Weeping General Buhari's spoken English aptitude is comparable to that of a primary 4 school dropout, and that sad reality would become only too apparent if he is thrown into the arena of debate using the Queens English language, against a formidable, highly educated and articulate debating opponent like President Goodluck Jonathan.

Buhari's running away like the cockroach he has been all along, from this mandatory pre-election debate, is therefore NO surprise at all. The terror gang leader is an absolute buffoon, who has obviously made the WRONG assumption that he can just SNEAK into power as Nigeria's president, and then start looting the petroleum income like he did back when he was a murderous military tyrant, forgetting that many decades have elapsed since those dark years when he grabbed power by force of arms, during which time the era of illiterate monkeys rising to power in Third World countries has been flushed unceremoniously down the toilet of history.

Say NO to illiterate terrorist born-to-rule baboons. Say NO to Boko Hari.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Burger01(m): 6:31am On Jan 30, 2015
We were not shocked. His refusal not to participate was a wise decision. It's not by force. After all, Jonathan disappeared from 2011 debate...

21 Likes

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by adioolayi(m): 6:31am On Jan 30, 2015
Really? I support #GMB, am not surprised!
I don't know how difficult it is for opposition to understand that my mind is made up....debate or not, certificate or not, fluent or not, once a dictator or not....I am voting #GMB...

N.B: I have PVC cheesy grin

41 Likes

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Nobody: 6:31am On Jan 30, 2015
[s]
PapiWata:
Ha ha ha ha Pellow Kwantiri-man, why yan no like am talk fwa Enlgis now, Bokko Hari ? Abi yan no sabi talk am froper Englis ?

Seriously though, Weeping General Buhari's spoken English aptitude is comparable to that of a primary 4 school dropout, and that sad reality would become only too apparent if he is thrown into the arena of debate using the Queens English language, against a formidable, highly educated and articulate debating opponent like President Goodluck Jonathan.

Buhari's running away like the cockroach he has been all along, from this mandatory pre-election debate, is therefore NO surprise at all. The terror gang leader is an absolute buffoon, who has obviously made the WRONG assumption that he can just SNEAK into power as Nigeria's president, and then start looting the petroleum income like he did back when he was a murderous military tyrant, forgetting that many decades have elapsed since those dark years when he grabbed power by force of arms, during which time the era of illiterate monkeys rising to power in Third World countries has been flushed unceremoniously down the toilet of history.

Say NO to illiterate terrorist born-to-rule baboons. Say NO to Boko Hari.

[/s]

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by GBTYO: 6:33am On Jan 30, 2015
We should ask BBC Hausa to conduct the debate which shall be done in Hausa only and even at that Buhari will still not honor an invitation.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by PapiWata: 6:34am On Jan 30, 2015
Mogidi:
Buhari can send one of his 150 cows to represent him, am sure most of his cows would say something more intelligent than the olodo man.

Ha ha ha ha Yes the cows MUST be FORCED to debate with immediate effect and alacrity.

If you do not understand the language spoken by cows, that is your own forovlen ha ha ha.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by GBTYO: 6:34am On Jan 30, 2015
adioolayi:
Really? I support #GMB, am not surprised!
I don't know how difficult it is for opposition to understand that my mind is made up....debate or not, certificate or not, fluent or not, once a dictator or not....I am voting #GMB...

N.B: I have PVC cheesy grin

You have just one vote.

You can blindly waste it.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Chylo(m): 6:35am On Jan 30, 2015
Mogidi:
http://leadership.ng/news/407341/buhari-refusal-participate-debate-shocks-supporters

I did warn egift when he was embarking on his failed propaganda that except the debate was held using Hausa language we won't see Buhari, vindicated again. The 2011 debate was a circus, this is the real deal.

My friend are you naturally foo.lish, or was it sent from your village? Were you not born in 2011 when GMB debated competently in front of all Nigerians with Shekarau and Ribadu? Was the debate done in Hausa language?

Where was your GEJ then? Debating with D'Banj in his bedroom? Please don't expose your illiteracy here.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by GBTYO: 6:35am On Jan 30, 2015
Sincerenigerian why are you polluting this thread with your crassness?

Pleb.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by maestroferddi: 6:36am On Jan 30, 2015
In developed climes, Buhari's refusal to shun an all-important presidential debate would have put paid to his rating as a serious contender.

In Nigeria where primordial sentiments and ethnic chauvinism hold sway spurious reasons would be adduced to support an indefensible position.

This debate has been scheduled months ago so there is no excuse of being caught unawares.

Completely reprehensible decision if you ask me.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Arysexy(m): 6:38am On Jan 30, 2015
I have watched many of apc's presidential campaigns.

It has always been d same rehearsed lines of " pighting kworofshon, froviding emfloyment, imfroving fawar suffly etc " without an articulated means of achieving them.

I was only waiting for this debate to really access GEJ and Buhari intellectually in terms of policies and economics of governance and know who will earn my vote between the two, But this development has shown buhari is neither sound nor prepared to rule Nigeria.

GEJ therefore gets my vote.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by eaglechild: 6:38am On Jan 30, 2015
uboma:

I can think of a million questions that will make him gape like a hooked fish.

1. Why have you not decided to contact Cambridge to clear the certificate saga?

Answer... Mouth wide open.

2. When you were NNPC boss billions of naira went missing, what do you have to say?

Mouth open

3. Why did you execute Ogedengbe and co for a retroactive law that was not in place when they committed the crime?

Mouth open.

4. Why did you flaunt Oputa panel a reconciliatory panel, do you not like peace and reconciliation?

Mouth open

5. Why did you overthrow a democratically elected government?

Mouth open.. They were kworrupt......

6. But you have partaken in virtually all the coups in Nigeria can this be because you are power hungry.
They were all kworrpt.

7. You were also overthrown in a coup, don't you see coups only breed counter coups

I was also kworrupt, now I am no longer kworrupt.

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by PapiWata: 6:39am On Jan 30, 2015
maestroferddi:
In developed climes, Buhari's refusal to shun an all-important presidential debate would have put paid to his rating as a serious contender.

In Nigeria where primordial sentiments and ethnic chauvinism hold sway spurious reasons would be adduced to support an indefensible position.

This debate has been scheduled months ago so there is no excuse of being caught unaware.

Completely reprehensible decision if you ask me.

Weeping General Buhari's desperate bid to RULE his village is already in ruins. Pellow Kwantiri man, sorry, sorry, sorry fwa you ha ha ha.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Nobody: 6:39am On Jan 30, 2015
GBTYO:
Sincerenigerian why are you polluting this thread with your crassness?

Pleb.

Pleb is the best way to describe you and your household.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Draws Coat Of Arms On His Body (photos) / Segun Adewale Allegedly Fires Shots Into APC Campaign Office / Presidency Replies EU, UK And US On CJN's Suspension (Full Statement)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.