Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram (14417 Views)

Arms Scandal: Air Force To Retire Avms, Commodores / Nigeria's Labour Union Calls For Kachikwu's Resignation Over Fuel Scarcity / Chad Army Vehicles Head For Cameroon To Fight Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by 100Cents: 9:42am On Jan 30, 2015
That's the best approach to eradicating the monsters. Since their brothers in the army do not want the war to end. Why did it take them so long ?

Boko haram is no match to a disciplined Nigerian army even for 2 months..
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 30, 2015
olaship:
Now is the time. . give us victory

[/url]

Question for the gentleman....would you post the pic you have posted if it was your sister that was the lady there?

Park well, my friend.

@OP....Years of mismanagement of the Army....now some chickens are coming home to roost.

Ah well....we need some good Nigerian version of special forces. And more training and arms.

Once upon a time...we were the peacekeepers of Africa. Now...
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 30, 2015
FAILbuhari 14.
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by InwehAkpevwe(m): 9:48am On Jan 30, 2015
uyplus:
We need a change of government and that is not too much to ask for. Jonathan administration has failed the down trodden Nigerians. Corruption and insecurity have rose to an unbearable zenith. We can't continue like this any longer. Just name all the scam, immigration interview scam, where an irresponsible government would demand money from the unemployed to give them jobs, Dieziani looted and spent N10bn in a year for private jet charter, Sure-p scam, missing 20bn NNPC funds, Missing Chibok girls, Baga massacre, Subsidy scam, Missing pension funds, pardoning of ex-convicts lik Bode george and DSP Almaesghyia, 10m pounds weapon procurement scam, the only name released was the Israeli's, but the government has refused to release the names of the Nigerians? $30bn spent on power sector, yet we have lost 2000MW and are currently below 2500MW (for a nation with a population of 170million Nigerians), Stella Oduah BMW scam, 119bn 1.5km 2nd Niger bridge scam, when LASG has built 1.3km Lekki-Ikoyi bridge with 29bn, N4bn on presidential feeding, N34.5m to feed lions in aso rock zoo, N10bn for 11presidential jet fleet maintainance just to mention a few. Why can't Nigerians be sensible enough to see that this administration is a fraud and has failed? You don't need a soothsayer!! Lets drop the bias and call a spade a spade.. the job market is saturated. They are no jobs. There are no oppurtunities. People are emigrating out of Nigeria at an alarming rate. The government keeps boasting about building 12univeristies, but where are the jobs to absorb them? No sector in this country is working. None. The railway is t funded by Nigerian government, but the Chinese government. So what has GEJ done with FG money?
Do you have a better option
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Naledi14(f): 9:49am On Jan 30, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Question for the gentleman....would you post the pic you have posted if it was your sister that was the lady there?

Park well, my friend.

@OP....Years of mismanagement of the Army....now some chickens are coming home to roost.

Ah well....we need some good Nigerian version of special forces. And more training and arms.

Once upon a time...we were the peacekeepers of Africa. Now...

this is what we read on this sight everyday Nigeria claiming to be Africa's saviour single handedly. The ego is too much your greatest downfall.
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by 100Cents: 9:50am On Jan 30, 2015
DrPrickson:
This is a welcome development. We need all the help we can get. Many believe the army is compromised with bh sympathisers, a strong external force is welcome.
I just hope some haters will not accuse GEJ of bringing in his allies to "exterminate" the north. E no dey hard dem to talk rubbish.

Seconded..

Typical of APC and northern almajiri elements.
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by excell123: 10:08am On Jan 30, 2015
The Lord’s Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement invites you to attend a two-days Holy Ghost power-packed International Crusade titled,’FROM SORROW TO JOY’
DATE: 7th – 8th February, 2015
TIME: 8am daily
VENUE: Chosen Revival Ground, Odofin Park Estate, Ijesha Bus-stop, Lagos
MINISTERING: The General Overseer, Pastor Lazarus Muoka
Come and all your sorrow will turn to joy. Jesus is Lord.
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by expert101(m): 10:14am On Jan 30, 2015

Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by searay(m): 10:15am On Jan 30, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

you just succeeded in typing rubbish, i thought you will make sense for once.

Gej till you get small sense
very small sense
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by DAKUDA7(m): 10:18am On Jan 30, 2015
raumdeuter:
Obviously the African Union is tired of Jonathans cluelessness and inability to fight Boko Haram

Now they have taken the responsibility from him

What a useless president
u stupidity is really affecting ur brain, where r u 4rom anyway?

1 Like

Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by boujaye: 10:29am On Jan 30, 2015
raumdeuter:
Obviously the African Union is tired of Jonathans cluelessness and inability to fight Boko Haram

What a useless president

I hope you have not be diagnosed with Buharomiasis, its a dangerous disease because for every matter, whether your internal, family or marital failures, GEJ must be held accountable... pls i advice you to appeal to WHO for a research and cure of your case. As for me and my family we are immunized, strong and vibrant to VOTE for GEJ. VOTE for GEJ and be cured.
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 30, 2015
Giant of Africa indeed.
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 30, 2015
Pride come before a fall. when this Boko Haram started Nigerians especially supporters of GEJ said we can do it. Our military is the best in africa. We dont need outsiders.

Now our weakness has been exposed. Nigerians should be prayerful cos we r not secured. Any country can attack us now with high multivation.
I SEE CAMEROON ATTACKING US ONE DAY. Cameroon is our no.1 regional enemy.
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by uyplus(m): 10:38am On Jan 30, 2015
InwehAkpevwe:
Do you have a better option

If you don't see GMB as a better option, I'm sorry. It was his hate for corruption that made him go the extra mile to attempt bringing back Dikko. We had good patriots then who cared about Nigeria, and made an attempt to carry out that plan under the nose of the British government.

It was his hate for corruption that made him change the currency note, in quick response to ensure that people that looted and hid Nigeria's money during shagari's regime where not going to be able to use it. He gave the CBN a limit to amount of money that can be changed, so people can't short change the masses with their greed.

He was appointed the military head of state from a coup plot because he was the most senior GOC in the army as at that time.

He instituted the campaign against indiscipline and corruption.

With the bed of intellectuals surrounding him, he would do more good for Nigeria.

He used his military intelligence to hault the Maitasine terror group. Boko haram are just a set of disorganized radicals who don't have a plan. If only we had a government that could rise up to the challenge, it will have been history. See the way the Kenyan government handled the Al-shabab militants who even have direct links to Al-Qaeda. Al-Qaeda disowned sponsoring Boko haram, which shows that their funding is likely from this government.

Our military intelligence has been flawed and is currently ineffective. We need a leader that can rise up to the occasion.

Late Prof. Dora Akunyili is fondly remembered today because of her daring battle to combat fake drugs. She was reccomended to Obasanjo by GMB. Deep calls deep, integrity calls integrity.

2 Likes

Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 30, 2015
boujaye:

I hope you have not be diagnosed with Buharomiasis, its a dangerous disease because for every matter, whether your internal, family or marital failures, GEJ must be held accountable... pls i advice you to appeal to WHO for a research and cure of your case. As for me and my family we are immunized, strong and vibrant to VOTE for GEJ. VOTE for GEJ and be cured.

Igbo man. U r blind and full of sentiment. When cameroon attack Nigeria, im sure they will start from the south/east then u guys wil enjoy live in refugee camp
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Litmus: 10:47am On Jan 30, 2015
Foreigners full Nigeria and have ensconced in the society over time but don't at root identify with Nigeria how else can anyone explain the absolute weakness and limp-wristed capitulation to the idea of pathetic AU forces on Nigerian soil. And always supporting anything that is remotely against Nigeria's interest or dignity. Where were all these whimpering people when Cameroon supposedly disarmed Nigerian troops on Cameroonian soil? When may of us were angry by that affront, Niraland was flooded with support for Cameroon with people glibly arguing that Cameroon sovereignty and pride was such that Nigerians shouldn't even be questioning Cameroon motives.

Why arnt AU in CAR or Mali? Why the sudden need to be in Nigeria... bunch of coons and white slaves

thought these people in Africa love killing Nigerians why the sudden rush to come save Nigerian lives when they cant even feed their people most of them
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Matty33(m): 10:56am On Jan 30, 2015
[quote author=raumdeuter post=30263785]Obviously the African Union is tired of Jonathans cluelessness and inability to fight Boko Haram

What a useless president[ Don't blame the President but yourself for not making any effort to end the conflict. )
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by EdwinOse: 11:00am On Jan 30, 2015
raumdeuter:

What a useless president

WHEN YOU CURSE PEOPLE LIKE THE WAY YOU DO, BELIEVE ME, YOU HAVE CURSED YOURSELF AND ARE IN DANGER OF SOME NATURAL LAWS THAT WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO AMOUNT TO ANYTHING GOOD IN LIFE
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by jaymoni(m): 11:07am On Jan 30, 2015
No b una oga Buhari BH dey work for so dat him go win election. Senseless cabals
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 30, 2015
ately1:
DO YOU NEED A PERSON OF INTEGRITY, WHO IS TRUSTWORTHY, RELIABLE AND DEDICATED TO PERSONALIZED SERVICES TO HANDLE ALL THE REQUIREMENTS, IN CLEARING YOUR CARS
Our main objective is to attain quick service delivery which makes it possible for us to keep cost at a minimal level. Our goal is to consistently avail you with best in clearing service and we remain committed to this objective. Contact us on 0803 074 9375 ,08054606377...

Hmm. Desperation sote you carry screen shots from Need For Speed game to advertise ur scam

Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by jaymoni(m): 11:15am On Jan 30, 2015
PDPwayoo:

Igbo man. U r blind and full of sentiment. When cameroon attack Nigeria, im sure they will start from the south/east then u guys wil enjoy live in refugee camp
We r nt cowards like u people. Only Igboland alone can fight cameroon
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by jaymoni(m): 11:16am On Jan 30, 2015
PDPwayoo:

We r nt cowards like u people. Only Igboland alone can defend Nigeria
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 30, 2015
jaymoni:

We r nt cowards like u people. Only Igboland alone can defend Nigeria

The same thing Ojukwu said b4 the civil war. Talk is cheap.

1 Like

Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Litmus: 11:44am On Jan 30, 2015
And who's going to equip these AU forces? Dont tell me, Europe or and America.
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by akulaxx: 11:49am On Jan 30, 2015
EVEN 75OOO TROOPS FROM THE UN CANNOT DEFEAT THOSE THAT ARE PRACTICING THEIR RELIGION. JUST LIKE USMAN DAN FODIO. GIVE THEM THEIR OWN INDEPENDENT STATE NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by caesaraba(m): 11:50am On Jan 30, 2015
Litmus:
And who's going to equip these AU forces? Don't tell me, Europe or and America.

I just watched it on the BBC and they are talking about expanding it into a UN force. Biko, if Europe or America equips the AU forces, what do you have to do about it other than complain on nairaland? I`m quite sure those IDPs and EDPs who are primarily affected by the war are pretty much jubilant at this news.
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by samplegirl(f): 11:51am On Jan 30, 2015
egift:
Nigeria is capable of defeating Boko Haram, only if we replace the C-in-C. The guy in charge now is incompetent.

Not as easy as you think o. The world has not defeated AL QUAEDA, ISIS or AL SHABBAB.
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by samplegirl(f): 11:54am On Jan 30, 2015
Collynzo9:
Won't they be accused of genocide or hatred for the north?

Help me ask them o!
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Adminisher: 11:56am On Jan 30, 2015
MansaMoussa:
Pls Stay Out!!!
Stay Out!!
Stay Out!!

Nigeria must not fall prey to Western Agenda! The Chad Basin is rich! Once they land, they will NOT leave until they are done plundering! Eastern Congo comes to mind!
90% of BH's AO is in Nigerian Territory! Let us not carve out a section of this country for Vultures!
FG, throw in all you have!!!

Sri Lanka did it, Algeria did it, We can do it!!!

Jonathan, wake Up!!!

Jonathan cannot wake up. Don't you look at his face. The man is a gonner. He has lost control of his presidency, his government, his army and his honour. I don't know why people can't see the obvious.
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Mclement: 11:57am On Jan 30, 2015
many Muslims moles among our military, not willing to fight for their motherland, exposing their compatriot to those boko haram murderers
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by WAFP: 12:06pm On Jan 30, 2015
Hello, I'd like to let you know about the West African Federal Project. It has been created to unite the states of western Africa under one federation: the Guinean Union.

The website has been launched this week for the french-speaking west african audience but a beta version using Google Translates is available for the english language.

French language website:
https://wafppfoa./

English translation:
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwafppfoa.%2F

Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/wafp.pfoa?ref=hl

Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:09pm On Jan 30, 2015
InwehAkpevwe:
Na now una dey make the call abi African leader always waiting till things get worse before taking necessary steps since 1914BC* Anyway Nice move sha!
#teamGodblessNigeria#
stop this rubbish, africa had to step in because clearly Nigeria is too weak to fight Boko Haram and its affecting other African countries.

I wonder why with all the advanced technology and weapons you have failed to defeat Bk

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat? / Targema Takema, Benue SSG Slumps, Battles Stroke / Jonathan Rejects Demands Of ‘new Pdp’ •

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.